HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CoHo and a bunch of bums

Old
03-05-2013, 08:57 PM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

vCash: 500
Considering all the teams behind the sabres in the standings (all two of them) all have games in hand i look at this team as being #15

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 08:58 PM
BCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
He's a second year player putting up almost a PPG. He's going to be bad defensively until he gets more experience.

Put it this way, if he was semi decent defensively right now and still producing like he is he would be one of the top 5 players in the league right now... in his second year.

Baby steps.
I have no doubt he'll get much better defensively over time. By all accounts, he's a smart guy and a hard worker.

BCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Moskau

vCash: 67
Probably Ugly: Does anyone have Gerbe's corsi rating for tonight? I don't care if he's "coming back" offensively he is a complete liability when he's on the ice. He's constantly hemmed in his own zone, over skating the puck, cherry picking, turning the puck over and basically anything negative you can do defensively he's doing it on a nightly basis.

His rating in the New Jersey game was something horrendous.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:00 PM
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS

vCash: 50
I really hope Hodgson can work on his foot speed. I never played competitive ice hockey, can anyone tell me if it's something he can get better at? I'm not saying he needs to be flying like Grabner out there but just smoother, longer strides seems like it would go a long way for the guy. Is that something that can be fixed? I mean offensively he has been fantastic, and a little better skating would go a long long way. Would help him defensively as well.

start winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:01 PM
kirby11

Beast mode
Hodgson. Incredible. LOVE how much he wants to win and wants the puck on his stick. Like someone else pointed out in the GDT, after he scored the goal and was skating back to the bench, he immediately looked up at the clock to see how much time was left. Great effort from the kid.

G
Grigs
Peters
Nice to see Poms and Enzo pick up some points
Brennan finally hits the net and scores

B
Foligno
Miller's clearly exhausted
Vanek not scoring on an open net

U
Refs
Skinner
Brind'amour
The Canes defense on cody's shorty looked like ours-Not one person tried to lay a body on him, they all just waved their sticks at the puck

kirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:01 PM
sand1138man

Su*cks that we lost, but seriously, Cody, um, are you absolutely kidding me? numbers 9 and 19 went from being my least two favorite players 3 years ago, to being my two favorite now. now all we need to do is get a new person to wear 21.

Good - obvious

bad- once again, number 57 shows he is WEAK, and PATHETIC as a defender....I know it's a short season, but we are halfway through it and he needs to be sat. That game winning goal where myers did nothing expect screen miller again like he always does. Doesn't hit the shooter, doesn't poke check the shooter, and doesn't try at all to block the shot. Im sorry but this NOT a good NHL defender, he had one good year until every player in the league realized that all you have to do to stop him is use any kind of physical pressure and he turns USELESS, actually, to be fair Myers doesn't dissapear, when he is bad he becomes an ASSET to the opposing team.

ugly - Myers face

sand1138man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Moskau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockey View Post
Considering all the teams behind the sabres in the standings (all two of them) all have games in hand i look at this team as being #15
Unless Stephen Weiss turns out to be Florida's version of Marc Savard (they play MUCH better without him) then I don't see that team putting up a better winning% than us for the remainder of the season. They have a lot of guys playing for contracts or to be traded to contenders this year though so who knows.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:03 PM
The Washer

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Call Saul View Post
Hodgson is going to be unbelievably good if he can just become even a semi-decent defensive player. He's incredible offensively.
Do we not already have enough Grinders? Why do people have trouble accepting that not all players were meant to be great defensive players?? This team lacks SCORING!! Obviously somethings will have to be sacrificed in order to achieve this?? And Newsflash, Grigs wasnt drafted to play Defense either....

Cody was brought here for Offense and Grigs was drafted for Offense. Anything on top of that should be considered a bonus...

The Washer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:04 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Gleason View Post
Ennis looked pretty good for a while.

Ott had maybe one good shift.

Regehr looked old
Thought it was one of ennis worst games all year

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:04 PM
tsujimoto74

G
-Cody freaking Hodgson. When this kid figures out D, and I think he will, he's going to be a real stud. What a player.
-Myers when he started skating with the puck more and getting involved in rushes. Needs to do that all the time.
-Miller's 2-on-0 save
-Grigorenko looks like he's coming along and picking up some confidence

B
-Reffing
-Troll goals toying with my heart/giving me a false sense of hope
-Our PP, still
-Some of the other things Miller did...
-Vanek not cashing in on a practically empty net

U
-The tank is on again?

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:06 PM
snapshot19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
I really hope Hodgson can work on his foot speed. I never played competitive ice hockey, can anyone tell me if it's something he can get better at? I'm not saying he needs to be flying like Grabner out there but just smoother, longer strides seems like it would go a long way for the guy. Is that something that can be fixed? I mean offensively he has been fantastic, and a little better skating would go a long long way. Would help him defensively as well.
If you saw hodgson beginning of last year to now it is a complete 180 in terms of his skating and that is coming off his first full off season of training with no rehab. I don't think coho can change his stride because he has short legs but if he is noticeably faster than last year I'm almost certain after another full off season of training he will be that much quicker again next year.

snapshot19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McTank

Wow cody hodgson, atleast our future looks somewhat bright. How did myers play I only saw chunks of the game. And how was vanek?

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowgothemo View Post
Do we not already have enough Grinders? Why do people have trouble accepting that not all players were meant to be great defensive players?? This team lacks SCORING!! Obviously somethings will have to be sacrificed in order to achieve this?? And Newsflash, Grigs wasnt drafted to play Defense either....

Cody was brought here for Offense and Grigs was drafted for Offense. Anything on top of that should be considered a bonus...
I'm not asking Hodgson to become a Selke-level defender, but he's a total nightmare in his own zone right now and he needs to improve. Otherwise his offensive contributions will be offset to some extent by his defensive gaffes. As I said, I expect he will improve as he keeps playing and his D-zone problems will become a thing of the past.

BCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:07 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
If you ask a few Canucks fans that have watched him this year too, he has gotten faster. He works on things every off season at the Gary Roberts training facility. I have noticed a difference from last season to this one. At some point obviously he won't get any faster. But I think he has a little more to develop there. I hope.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Thought it was one of ennis worst games all year
Agreed. Not one of his better efforts. Thought OEG was the worst line by far tonight.

I think every game in which Grigs has played, at least one poster has put him in the good. Classic.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:08 PM
sand1138man

Quote:
Hey man, in my eyes tonight was a win baby, one step closer to Mackinnon, Cody scores a great goal, multiple teams below us win their games. Can't ask for much more!!!
Multiple?

sand1138man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Squantosawuss

Fire ruff.

Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Connor McDavid
Generational Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Agreed. Not one of his better efforts. Thought OEG was the worst line by far tonight.

I think every game in which Grigs has played, at least one poster has put him in the good. Classic.
What makes you say that about Ennis? I thought his second period was the best of any Sabre.

Connor McDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapshot19 View Post
If you saw hodgson beginning of last year to now it is a complete 180 in terms of his skating and that is coming off his first full off season of training with no rehab. I don't think coho can change his stride because he has short legs but if he is noticeably faster than last year I'm almost certain after another full off season of training he will be that much quicker again next year.
Agreed, he's quicker this year, but just cause he has short legs shouldn't affect his stride right? I mean Gerbe's skating is really fast and his legs have got to be shorter than Hodgson.

Anyways, I'm truly excited about his development, so glad we have him.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:10 PM
RattleYourSabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post

You don't think he was good tonight? He's been decent to good in the last three, IMO. Before that? Not so much.

RattleYourSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Zman5778

Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
I'm not asking Hodgson to become a Selke-level defender, but he's a total nightmare in his own zone right now and he needs to improve. Otherwise his offensive contributions will be offset to some extent by his defensive gaffes. As I said, I expect he will improve as he keeps playing and his D-zone problems will become a thing of the past.
If the coaches can get him to stop puck watching in the D-zone and play his man a little more, I think his defensive game will come around.

When he's PKing, he doesn't puck watch NEARLY as much and as such is a decent PKer and getting better.

5-on-5 though he has a tendency to watch the puck and not around him and pick up a man.......that can be taught out through use of video and practice.....

Zman5778 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:11 PM
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand1138man View Post
Multiple?
Washington, CBJ, NYI(who is now ahead of us), TB(who is now ahead of us).

Good night

Old
snapshot19

Quote:
To be fair though hodgson has been better of late in his own end. He seems to be picking up little things as he gains more experience defensively. Not to mention that ridiculous goal tonight game off a strip of the puck off Eric staals stick. The kid works hard and he is definitely slowly improving his face offs and his defensive play. He can only get better from here.

snapshot19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
wyldthing89

G- Great effort by Hodgson, also like Ott hitting everything.

- Finally get in the 2nd round of the Survivor

B- Everytimes we scored to make it a one goal game, Carolina scored

U- Overall team is terrible and our DG mascot do nothing to help !!!

wyldthing89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:12 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Hodgson GIF: http://www.imagebam.com/image/12f941241465337

Too big to inline... will try again.

edit: Don't have fancy tools, but here:

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote