HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mike Cammalleri to Ottawa

Old
03-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

vCash: 500
Mike Cammalleri to Ottawa

What would it take assuming that Calgary is out of the playoffs come the deadline again? He's signed for one more year at a pretty harsh cap hit, but he's a pretty good offensive player. He'd be perfect with Spezza (his skillset gels with Spezza's almost perfectly) and he's a proven playoff performer.

What kind of starting point would Calgary take? Try not to flame or argue...at some point Calgary will have to 'tear it down' I'd imagine...

Stefan Noesen/Matt Puempel + Wierchioch/Gryba + 2nd/3rd 2013?

Cujomi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:14 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Cammalleri could have been had for nothing last year. Murray would be a moron to give all that up.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:16 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Could probably get it done for Puempel + 2nd

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:17 PM
officeglen

what is his NTC?

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Cammalleri could have been had for nothing last year. Murray would be a moron to give all that up.
Again...there's no way Montreal was dealing him in division to Ottawa. Murray never had a horse in that race or I suspect he would have been here.

I think it's a limited NTC -- but isn't it voided because he was moved to Calgary?

Old
03-05-2013, 09:20 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Again...there's no way Montreal was dealing him in division to Ottawa. Murray never had a horse in that race or I suspect he would have been here.

I think it's a limited NTC -- but isn't it voided because he was moved to Calgary?
They would have dealt him to Ottawa if they offered something better than Bourque. which is not hard to beat.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Would absolutely do this if Calgary were up for it. Great value for Ottawa IMO, but it would have to be our 2nd 2014.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:24 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Cammalleri is the last thing the Sens need. They are not buying old people. The GM said so.

The Sens are rebuilding. They'll trade Gonchar and should be selling off even more than that.

The Sens are NOT the Leafs. Or the Flames for that matter. No quick fixes. This is being the done the right way. Trading Noesen, Wiercioch and 2nd for Mike the Midget is not the way go. This is so obvious and this thread be locked or have it's titled changed to ''Bartschi to Ottawa''

Old
03-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

Quote:
Cammalleri is the last thing the Sens need. They are not buying old people. The GM said so.

The Sens are rebuilding. They'll trade Gonchar and should be selling off even more than that.

The Sens are NOT the Leafs. Or the Flames for that matter. No quick fixes. This is being the done the right way. Trading Noesen, Wiercioch and 2nd for Mike the Midget is not the way go. This is so obvious and this thread be locked or have it's titled changed to ''Bartschi to Ottawa''
Listen to what he said again. Cammalleri is 30...not 50. They had "veterans" in mind heading into the season before all the injuries. There's still potential if Spezza makes it back while we're still in a playoff position.

If the "last thing" the Sens need is an offensively talented goalscoring winger to play with Spezza then you are absolutely right.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:32 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Listen to what he said again. Cammalleri is 30...not 50. They had "veterans" in mind heading into the season before all the injuries. There's still potential if Spezza makes it back while we're still in a playoff position.

If the "last thing" the Sens need is an offensively talented goalscoring winger to play with Spezza then you are absolutely right.
Alfie, Spezza, Phillips, Neil, Anderson, Michalek, Gonchar... hell even Karlsson is in his 4th year with Norris under his belt. That's enough veterans.

What you're trying to accomplish is a quick fix to win now. aka The Leafs/Flames Guide to Mediocrity. This is not a good move long term and goes completely against what the Sens are trying to accomplish.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

Yes...acquiring a great goalscoring winger to play with Spezza while he's still in his prime by giving up 1 of our prospects who is a long term project anyway and a draft pick would really hurt the "rebuild" we're in the middle of.

We're not even comparable to those teams because we already have the most important pieces in place (#1 and #2 centre, #1 and #2...hell even #2 defencemen and #1 goalie with a great back-up option). You just seem adverse to any scenario where Ottawa actually has a contending team using Spezza as the backbone. Literally the only things we're missing on a healthy team are top 6 wingers.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:38 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Yes...acquiring a great goalscoring winger to play with Spezza while he's still in his prime by giving up 1 of our prospects who is a long term project anyway and a draft pick would really hurt the "rebuild" we're in the middle of.

We're not even comparable to those teams because we already have the most important pieces in place (#1 and #2 centre, #1 and #2...hell even #2 defencemen and #1 goalie with a great back-up option). You just seem adverse to any scenario where Ottawa actually has a contending team using Spezza as the backbone.
No.

You offered Wiercioch who is on the top pair right now. He'll be a top 4 cog for a long time. + a 1st round pick forward prospect + a 2nd. That's huge amount to give up for a guy who has produced like a 2nd liner since 2009 and is certainly not trending upwards.

Old
officeglen

Quote:
... would really hurt the "rebuild" we're in the middle of ...
agreed, you nailed it

Old
ATdaisuki
invisible

Quote:
Alfie, Spezza, Phillips, Neil, Anderson, Michalek, Gonchar... hell even Karlsson is in his 4th year with Norris under his belt. That's enough veterans.

What you're trying to accomplish is a quick fix to win now. aka The Leafs/Flames Guide to Mediocrity. This is not a good move long term and goes completely against what the Sens are trying to accomplish.
so we're not trying to add a top six winger that could be ppg at a decent price?

ATdaisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:41 PM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATdaisuki View Post
so we're not trying to add a top six winger that could be ppg at a decent price?
A decent price like what Montreal paid to get him, or what Calgary paid to get him?

Old
03-05-2013, 09:43 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATdaisuki View Post
The OP proposal is definitely not a ''decent price'', and no, the Sens aren't trying to add a 30 year old top 6 forward.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:48 PM
ATdaisuki
invisible

Quote:
The OP proposal is definitely not a ''decent price'', and no, the Sens aren't trying to add a 30 year old top 6 forward.
edit: 30 = old i guess.

i thought 30 meant a few more years of same level production. you thought kuba wouldn't decline, look at his age. cammalleri has lots of gas in the tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen View Post
A decent price like what Montreal paid to get him, or what Calgary paid to get him?
Quote:

we pretty much pay a second to get a fully developed puempel. no waiting. no uncertainty. immediate impact. he's not old, and his cap hit is bad, but not something the sens can't manage. if the flames want a second this year, we could give them a third this year and a second next year, or something along those lines. we're not getting an over the hill past his prime player here, we're filling a need

ATdaisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Nope.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:29 PM
burgess1978

Cammy is not too old for Ottawa to acquire, but Weircioch shouldn't be part of the deal. Puempel and a pick would be fair given the salary and cap hit. If we are going to blow our bolt on a trade it will be for a younger guy (Bobby Ryan for example).

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:30 PM
Flamesarmstrong22

From Calgary it would be nice to add a prospect,pick,and someone to play on the nhl roster. I would propose something like this:
Flames:
Matt puempel
Peter regin
2nd 2014

Sens:
Mike cammalerri
4th 2013

Why: sens get a top 6 forward who can fill the void at C while spezza is out and than provide great support on spezza's wing when he returns and a decent pick in a very deep draft. Flames get a solid prospect, 1st round pick last year, a good pick in 2014 (which doesn't hold the same value as 2013) plus they get Peter regin a young forward who could really use a change of scenary and can replace cammalerri on the NHL roster.

Flamesarmstrong22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:32 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 50
Cammy is more useful to the Flames then what people are willing to part with.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:42 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
He has found his form again on the Flames (I don't know what it is about this team with him) if we rebuild I would hope we keep him but if not

I would want 1st + prospect

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:47 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
He has found his form again on the Flames (I don't know what it is about this team with him) if we rebuild I would hope we keep him but if not

I would want 1st + prospect
If it wasn't for his cap hit he is easily worth that. The hit is probably about 1M too high. Maybe if the Flames ate a bit of it I could see a return like that.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:52 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
If it wasn't for his cap hit he is easily worth that. The hit is probably about 1M too high. Maybe if the Flames ate a bit of it I could see a return like that.
I would easily keep cap if it helped get us a good trade but personally I think you guys are nuts just wanting Puempel + 2nd. Puempel is a nice prospect but plays left wing like half of our team and our best prospect and the second is a nice piece but I wouldn't like it to be the only other piece. Cammy is a ppg so far this year if he keeps that up he is worth his cap hit imo. And like I said I would prefer to keep him as the captain if we rebuild.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:57 PM
Dick Whitman

Maybe in the offseason and for a lot less than what's being talked about. At this point in the season, there is no reason to add salary. Even with another top 6 forward, Ottawa has very little chance of making the playoffs and even less of a chance at doing any kind of damage while there.

Status quo, let the kids get their feet wet in the NHL and see where we are with our in the standings and with Spezza and Karlsson's injuries.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote