HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: New Mazda3 Owner

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-23-2006, 10:37 PM
  #1
Montrealer
Registered User
 
Montrealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chambly QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,470
vCash: 500
OT: New Mazda3 Owner

Well, since Kovalev10 posted about his new car, I figured I'd share my new joy... a 2006 Mazda3 GS w/ Auto (girlfriend's car too), Air and Power package... colour is Carbon Grey. We bought this one (plan to keep it until it dies), after I returned my leased 2002 Toyota Echo. The feeling is like going from a bike to a car...

[IMAGE]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/RealMontrealer/Mazda30001.jpg[/IMAGE]
[IMAGE]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/RealMontrealer/Mazda30003.jpg[/IMAGE]
[IMAGE]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/RealMontrealer/Mazda30004.jpg[/IMAGE]
[IMAGE]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/RealMontrealer/Mazda30005.jpg[/IMAGE]

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 10:39 PM
  #2
the_crippler12
Registered User
 
the_crippler12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Boucherville
Country: Canada
Posts: 603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
Well, since Kovalev10 posted about his new car, I figured I'd share my new joy... a 2006 Mazda3 GS w/ Auto (girlfriend's car too), Air and Power package... colour is Carbon Grey. We bought this one (plan to keep it until it dies), after I returned my leased 2002 Toyota Echo. The feeling is like going from a bike to a car...

[IMAGE]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/RealMontrealer/Mazda30001.jpg[/IMAGE]
[IMAGE]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/RealMontrealer/Mazda30003.jpg[/IMAGE]
[IMAGE]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/RealMontrealer/Mazda30004.jpg[/IMAGE]
[IMAGE]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/RealMontrealer/Mazda30005.jpg[/IMAGE]
nice car! by the way i love the parking!

the_crippler12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 10:39 PM
  #3
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,345
vCash: 500
Should I post my new car as well then?


Last edited by felixd: 07-23-2006 at 11:04 PM.
felixd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 10:41 PM
  #4
Montrealer
Registered User
 
Montrealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chambly QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
Should I post my new car as well then?
It's summertime (so it's not like there's a huge amount of news), so go for it! Show us some pics!

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 10:42 PM
  #5
Montrealer
Registered User
 
Montrealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chambly QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_crippler12 View Post
nice car! by the way i love the parking!
As long as the moron next door isn't sitting on (or over) my line, I'm happy.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 10:48 PM
  #6
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,345
vCash: 500
2006 Pontiac Solstice-

Got it mainly because I thought it looked sexy, then when I drove it realized it has nuts acceleration due to it being so small and light. Also the most dangerous car I've ever driven, doesn't hold the road much, if I'm not careful I guarantee I can flip this over.


Last edited by felixd: 10-23-2010 at 02:47 PM.
felixd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 10:50 PM
  #7
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
Should I post my new car as well then?

Don't really mean to sound mean, but these aren't cars I would brag about buying on an internet forum.
Do it , but do it in this topic so the main board wont be full of OT's.

Congrats Montrealer , hehe going from an Echo to a M-3 Must feel like a Caddy!!

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 10:50 PM
  #8
Montrealer
Registered User
 
Montrealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chambly QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
2006 Pontiac Solstice-

Got it mainly because I thought it looked sexy, then when I drove it realized it has nuts acceleration due to it being so small and light. Also the most dangerous car I've ever driven, doesn't hold the road much, if I'm not careful I guarantee I can flip this over.
Very nice car... love the look of it.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 10:51 PM
  #9
Montrealer
Registered User
 
Montrealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chambly QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej View Post
Do it , but do it in this topic so the main board wont be full of OT's.

Congrats Montrealer , hehe going from an Echo to a M-3 Must feel like a Caddy!!
Seriously... it's not even funny. I was all practical with my first new car, and after four years of that I was ready to buy a car to fall in love with. Mission accomplished!

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 10:51 PM
  #10
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
2006 Pontiac Solstice-

Got it mainly because I thought it looked sexy, then when I drove it realized it has nuts acceleration due to it being so small and light. Also the most dangerous car I've ever driven, doesn't hold the road much, if I'm not careful I guarantee I can flip this over.
That's sick !! Are you really in Texas or you have a hard top for the winter in MTL ??

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 10:53 PM
  #11
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej View Post
That's sick !! Are you really in Texas or you have a hard top for the winter in MTL ??
Texas, you can notice the texas plates and stickers on the car.

felixd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 10:55 PM
  #12
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,345
vCash: 500
By the way, congrats on getting a Mazda3. Fun car to drive around, I drove my cousin's around once, good times.

felixd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 10:58 PM
  #13
Montrealer
Registered User
 
Montrealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chambly QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
By the way, congrats on getting a Mazda3. Fun car to drive around, I drove my cousin's around once, good times.
Thanks! I'll have to try a Solstice one day... looks like a blast.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 11:01 PM
  #14
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
Thanks! I'll have to try a Solstice one day... looks like a blast.
A lot of fun, but way too dangerous here in Texas where everyone drives an Escalade or Suburban or something.

Also like I said, doesn't hold the road too well. Kind of car that skids easily

felixd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 11:02 PM
  #15
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
meh. Mazda3's are like so 2002 years ago. Behind the trend, my friend. Nice looking car, though the handling at speed is poor.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 11:06 PM
  #16
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
meh. Mazda3's are like so 2002 years ago. Behind the trend, my friend. Nice looking car, though the handling at speed is poor.
compared to what?
I have a mazda3 gt gfx. And with the 17inch mags handling is just superb. Verry hard to find for a car of this price.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 11:15 PM
  #17
Montrealer
Registered User
 
Montrealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chambly QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
compared to what?
I have a mazda3 gt gfx. And with the 17inch mags handling is just superb. Verry hard to find for a car of this price.
I have no clue, considering Mazda3s didn't come out in 2002. Maybe he's thinking of a different car? I find the handling at speed superb even on my stock 15s.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 11:18 PM
  #18
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
meh. Mazda3's are like so 2002 years ago. Behind the trend, my friend. Nice looking car, though the handling at speed is poor.
Only tried it once, but I thought the handling was pretty good, quite above average actually. Of course it probably depends what you mean by "speed".

I'm also looking for a car and have considered the Mazda3 for a while but in the end there's not enough room for my needs. I'm thinking either Dodge Caliber or Toyota Matrix right now.

Nice car Montrealer, indeed if you've upgraded from an Echo it must be a night and day type feeling (I hate the Echo, I feel like I'm driving a supermarket cart everytime I rent one of these).

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 11:20 PM
  #19
Anthony P
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
compared to what?
I have a mazda3 gt gfx. And with the 17inch mags handling is just superb. Verry hard to find for a car of this price.
I have the same as you.... I also have an 06 WRX.... and let me tell you the Mazda 3 handles amazingly well!

For a car that has only 160hp, it really moves....

Anthony P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 11:36 PM
  #20
Slick Nick
Registered User
 
Slick Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montréal
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,711
vCash: 500
The cops took my Pontiac Sunbird 1992 because I was riding it without a licence, assurence, plate... drivers mirror, flat tire... I loved my Pontiac.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 11:40 PM
  #21
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
Only tried it once, but I thought the handling was pretty good, quite above average actually. Of course it probably depends what you mean by "speed".

I'm also looking for a car and have considered the Mazda3 for a while but in the end there's not enough room for my needs. I'm thinking either Dodge Caliber or Toyota Matrix right now.

Nice car Montrealer, indeed if you've upgraded from an Echo it must be a night and day type feeling (I hate the Echo, I feel like I'm driving a supermarket cart everytime I rent one of these).
Well when I was looking for a car, I test drove a Jetta 2.5L and mazda3 sport. I agree they aren't the same price, but they're the same car class. Anyway let me just say that the VW blew away the Mazda enough that I wouldn't even flinch at the extra $4k or so it would have cost. In the end I settled on a classic 1995 Golf GTI that I can work on, but I guess it depends on your means to buy a car. A Mazda3 sport is pretty good value for money, just not my cup of tea were I to actually go and buy one.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 11:42 PM
  #22
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,222
vCash: 256
In have a Honda Civic 2003.My girlfriend has the Mazda 3 and I drive it pretty often.I really like the feel of the car you will enjoy it big time.Make sure you always check how fast you are going at because you don't feel it at all.Last year I came back from Ottawa after the Habs game and made it back in 1 hour with her car no problem at all.Enjoy

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 01:50 AM
  #23
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Well when I was looking for a car, I test drove a Jetta 2.5L and mazda3 sport. I agree they aren't the same price, but they're the same car class. Anyway let me just say that the VW blew away the Mazda enough that I wouldn't even flinch at the extra $4k or so it would have cost. In the end I settled on a classic 1995 Golf GTI that I can work on, but I guess it depends on your means to buy a car. A Mazda3 sport is pretty good value for money, just not my cup of tea were I to actually go and buy one.
I've got a Jetta. Terrible experience with Volkswagen/electrical problems and so on. I think I've paid $15k in various repairs that shouldn't have needed repairing, and dealing with Volkswagen and my extended warranty has been a nightmare. Never again with Volkswagen.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 02:12 AM
  #24
Reiher
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
Well, since Kovalev10 posted about his new car, I figured I'd share my new joy... a 2006 Mazda3 GS w/ Auto (girlfriend's car too), Air and Power package... colour is Carbon Grey. We bought this one (plan to keep it until it dies), after I returned my leased 2002 Toyota Echo. The feeling is like going from a bike to a car...

[IMAGE]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/RealMontrealer/Mazda30001.jpg[/IMAGE]
[IMAGE]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/RealMontrealer/Mazda30003.jpg[/IMAGE]
[IMAGE]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/RealMontrealer/Mazda30004.jpg[/IMAGE]
[IMAGE]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/RealMontrealer/Mazda30005.jpg[/IMAGE]
my parents bought this car about 6 months back, I'm the one that did the research best car for the money, and damn does it drive nicely. Great buy, same model as what you got, except my parents opted for the neon blue.

Reiher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 06:02 AM
  #25
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
felixd - That Solstice is a nice looking car, I assume its as much fun to drive as it is to look at right? Never seen one of those before, although its not as if Pontiac is a household name for cars over here. Front end looks a tiny bit like a Porcshe. Hope you have fun with it. Although maybe not enough fun to end up flipping it. Can't imagine that would be fun in any respect.

Montrealer - Nice car, again, although maybe not as nice as that Solstice looks I was seriously considering getting a Mazda3 this time last year, I was looking at the hatchback version in metallic blue. I was on the verge of sorting out the funds for it when something else caught my eye. But the 3 is a nice car. Particularly liked the interior, everything seemed well designed and well positioned (little things like the stereo controls on the steering wheel and the glove box handle being near the centre of the car so the driver can reach it if needed). Took it for a test drive and it seemed a bright enough little car, although during the testdrive, i completely failed to get the hang of the gearbox. anyways, I hope you too enjoy your new car, at least you can be safe in the knowledge that its unlikely to break down any time before, lets say, 2015.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.