HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > WHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2013 WHL Bantam Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-05-2013, 05:20 PM
  #151
synobyte
Canucks Cultist
 
synobyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 100 mile house
Country: Canada
Posts: 470
vCash: 500
So vancouvers top pick and Jackson houck for Matt barzal? Then the giants take a huge Risk an send Prince george 2 2nd picks for Alex forsberg

synobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:41 PM
  #152
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,284
vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by synobyte View Post
So vancouvers top pick and Jackson houck for Matt barzal? Then the giants take a huge Risk an send Prince george 2 2nd picks for Alex forsberg
I would think they would take the better player in Benson.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:26 PM
  #153
monkeywrench
Registered User
 
monkeywrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpitandchaseit View Post
That would be a great trade for Vancouver and a dumb move for Seattle, UNLESS Seattle also got something extra in the trade like another high pick or some players. If Vancouver wouldn't sweeten the pot, I am bet that at least a dozen other WHL teams would. Barzal is a can't miss. So similar to RNH it's scary. I don't think there is a '98 born kid that can compare.
Benson says hello to you!

monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:48 PM
  #154
Billybaroo*
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
Benson says hello to you!
Wasnt even the Most Outstanding Forward (picked by the coaches) in Alberta North.
And yes, He still is very good though

Billybaroo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:46 PM
  #155
monkeywrench
Registered User
 
monkeywrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybaroo View Post
Wasnt even the Most Outstanding Forward (picked by the coaches) in Alberta North.
And yes, He still is very good though
He got the MVP which is a lot better. I would guess Benson is the better of the two between him Barzal. He is for sure at this moment better than Steel

monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:01 AM
  #156
dumpitandchaseit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
Don't get me wrong, Benson is a great player. He has size, strength and good hockey IO. But Barzal is simply on another level. Both will have solid WHL careers, but Barzal's hockey IO is off the charts.

dumpitandchaseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:17 AM
  #157
monkeywrench
Registered User
 
monkeywrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpitandchaseit View Post
Don't get me wrong, Benson is a great player. He has size, strength and good hockey IO. But Barzal is simply on another level. Both will have solid WHL careers, but Barzal's hockey IO is off the charts.
Have you got too watch Benson yet? I do not mean this rudely

It seems like Benson does not get the respect he deserves from the people in BC that have not yet seen him play.

monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:34 AM
  #158
dumpitandchaseit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
Yes, I have seen Benson play and no I am not from BC. He is an exceptional hockey player and deserving of the # 1 pick in the upcoming draft. All I am saying is why would Seattle just trade picks even up. If Vancouver wants Barzal then Seattle should try and get more than an even up trade. That's just good management skills. Trust me, there are a lot of other WHL teams that would trade more than just their first round pick for him. I would think a first and a second or third would be a more fair trade. Nothing against the Benson kid whatsoever, great player and will be a great player but I just happen to believe Barzal is an exceptional player. Just my opinion - not saying it's right or wrong.

dumpitandchaseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:45 AM
  #159
Capitals03
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 53
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpitandchaseit View Post
Yes, I have seen Benson play and no I am not from BC. He is an exceptional hockey player and deserving of the # 1 pick in the upcoming draft. All I am saying is why would Seattle just trade picks even up. If Vancouver wants Barzal then Seattle should try and get more than an even up trade. That's just good management skills. Trust me, there are a lot of other WHL teams that would trade more than just their first round pick for him. I would think a first and a second or third would be a more fair trade. Nothing against the Benson kid whatsoever, great player and will be a great player but I just happen to believe Barzal is an exceptional player. Just my opinion - not saying it's right or wrong.
Barzel has lead everything since he was 7 or 8. He is leading the MML in scoring this year with 95,96,97, with a team that is not very good. We will not see anything like him in Western Canada for at least 5 or 6 years. No one is even close to him. He is following RNH is more ways. MB would make any WHL better the moment he walked on the ice. Benson is not where Barzel was last year.

Capitals03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:23 PM
  #160
Alberta tough
Registered User
 
Alberta tough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Still on top!
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitals03 View Post
Barzel has lead everything since he was 7 or 8. He is leading the MML in scoring this year with 95,96,97, with a team that is not very good. We will not see anything like him in Western Canada for at least 5 or 6 years. No one is even close to him. He is following RNH is more ways. MB would make any WHL better the moment he walked on the ice. Benson is not where Barzel was last year.


There are a few WHL scouts that have said Benson may have gone first overall last year if that was his draft. Watching them playing at Westerns last year they were very close Benson was named (mvp). I have not seen Barzal this year, but last year they played different styles Barzal more finesse and higher iq, Benson more power. For me it would be a flip of the coin. At this point they both are exceptional talents.

Alberta tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:08 AM
  #161
justahockeyfan
Registered User
 
justahockeyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 75
vCash: 500
Finally

A great read for parents!

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...213/story.html

justahockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:32 AM
  #162
timekeep
Registered User
 
timekeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by justahockeyfan View Post
Its a great read, but I doubt it will lessen the Spring Hockey enrollment. People think that their kids need to play Spring so they can make the Winter rep teams. But most kids don't separate until Midget, after the WHL bantam draft. Seen so many kids that are now in the WHL that were on Bantam AA their first year.

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:11 PM
  #163
Capitals03
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 53
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
Its a great read, but I doubt it will lessen the Spring Hockey enrollment. People think that their kids need to play Spring so they can make the Winter rep teams. But most kids don't separate until Midget, after the WHL bantam draft. Seen so many kids that are now in the WHL that were on Bantam AA their first year.

Whats happening know is the Winter Coaches for associations, start spring teams, then they are telling parents, that if you don't play spring with us , there is a good chance you will not make the Winter top team next season. This is happened at two associations that I am aware of, mostly Atom. Then charge a small bank loan for spring program. 4 years ago spring was 500- to 1000. know its 1500 to 2800.

Not including air fare. etc.

Capitals03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:45 PM
  #164
IDC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
Its a great read, but I doubt it will lessen the Spring Hockey enrollment. People think that their kids need to play Spring so they can make the Winter rep teams. But most kids don't separate until Midget, after the WHL bantam draft. Seen so many kids that are now in the WHL that were on Bantam AA their first year.
It is also very important to remember that at least %90 of hockey parents know more than Brent Sutter!!!

IDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:25 PM
  #165
Call me Suds
Registered User
 
Call me Suds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 164
vCash: 500
Attempt #2

When's the draft?

Call me Suds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 08:56 PM
  #166
BigDuke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
It was on May 3rd last year. So look for it to be around then this year as well.

When is the draft lottery??

Hoping the Wheat Kings get a top 3 pick.

BigDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 04:19 PM
  #167
T5500
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Teams needing goalies

What teams will draft goalies early in the draft?

T5500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:56 PM
  #168
MBJets
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
2013 Bandam Draft

Who are the top rated bandam players to go in the first round of bandam draft? The Wheat Kings
pick in the top 5 pick and have Saskatoon's #17 pick.

The Wheat Kings have 2 selection in the first round and there 2nd round pick is the 25th pick just wondering who they might get.


Last edited by MBJets: 03-21-2013 at 08:06 PM.
MBJets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:27 AM
  #169
luongoisdaman
Registered User
 
luongoisdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,089
vCash: 500
Pretty sure Tyler Benson is gonna be the first overall pick.

luongoisdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:32 PM
  #170
SNIPE
Wheaties #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brandon
Country: Canada
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
Brandon will likley take Brett Howden as one of their first round picks

SNIPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 04:15 PM
  #171
Hordichuk_24
Registered User
 
Hordichuk_24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke View Post
When is the draft lottery??
March 20th.

Hordichuk_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:47 AM
  #172
RetiredHockeyDad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
Lottery

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke View Post
It was on May 3rd last year. So look for it to be around then this year as well.

When is the draft lottery??

Hoping the Wheat Kings get a top 3 pick.
Wheat Kings will more than likely pick 2nd. A slim chance at picking 1st and a slimmer chance of picking 3rd. They cannot drop any lower.

RetiredHockeyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:17 PM
  #173
dumpitandchaseit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
I might not be right but I see it as:

1) Vancouver - 40 pts
2) Prince George - 50 pts
3) Brandon - 52 pts
4) Everett - 54 pts
5 ) Seattle - - 57 pts ******
6) Moose Jaw - 58 pts
7) Regina - 58 pts.

Seattle drops out of the lottery bc as of now they are a playoff team.

Brandon should pick in the # 3 spot unless things changes during the last week or they move spots bc of the lottery

dumpitandchaseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:35 PM
  #174
MBJets
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpitandchaseit View Post
I might not be right but I see it as:

1) Vancouver - 40 pts
2) Prince George - 50 pts
3) Brandon - 52 pts
4) Everett - 54 pts
5 ) Seattle - - 57 pts ******
6) Moose Jaw - 58 pts
7) Regina - 58 pts.

Seattle drops out of the lottery bc as of now they are a playoff team.

Brandon should pick in the # 3 spot unless things changes during the last week or they move spots bc of the lottery
Can you predict who will get selected.

1) Vancouver -
2) Prince George -
3) Brandon -
4) Everett -
5 ) Seattle -
6) Moose Jaw -
7) Regina -

MBJets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:40 PM
  #175
RetiredHockeyDad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
Oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpitandchaseit View Post
I might not be right but I see it as:

1) Vancouver - 40 pts
2) Prince George - 50 pts
3) Brandon - 52 pts
4) Everett - 54 pts
5 ) Seattle - - 57 pts ******
6) Moose Jaw - 58 pts
7) Regina - 58 pts.

Seattle drops out of the lottery bc as of now they are a playoff team.

Brandon should pick in the # 3 spot unless things changes during the last week or they move spots bc of the lottery
I screwed up, you are right

RetiredHockeyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.