Apparently us commoner mods can't give you an infraction though, the name "overlords" is appropriate after all.
So purple mods do have a weakness and aren't as invincible as we mere poster were led to believe ? We were deceived all this time
Did blue mods ever consider forming an alliance to overthrow the brutal regime of the purple tyranny ? Because if you do i volunteer to be your agent provocateur. All i ask is a mod position or 1,000,000 VCash. Trust me i can do a good job at getting the public to support the cause . It's going to look like the French revolution
Unless the purple camp has a better offer.....like an admin position
- Price couldn't really be blamed for 3-4 of the 5 goals, only real bad one was the backbreaking 4th goal... but he certainly didn't look confident or strong. Needs to step up his game before the playoffs if we're going to have a chance b/c MT's system opens up far more chances for the opposition than JM's. Perhaps there's something to him making that mental adjustment?
- Subban played the kind of game that shows he has norris potential in his future. Best player on the ice for either team, by FAR.
- Bouillion needs to be relegated to 7th dman role. He tries hard, plays ok most of the time, but overall is just not particularly effective at anything. An everyday bottom-pairing guy on an average team, but not on a team with deep playoff run aspirations
- Kaberle looked suprisingly good (and I'm a big detractor). Soft as butter, but the passing & puck retrieval was very good. Should garner trade interest if he keeps playing this way.
- MT needs to consider giving Markov a game off, maybe even one every 10-12 games until the playoffs. He sees everything, and tries to make plays, but he just doesn't have the oomph to execute what he sees, and at times it ends up hurting the team because he gets caught out of position. Extra rest would not hurt.
most importantly... Our future is BRIGHT!
We all know about Galch/Gally/Subban/MaxPac...
but Emelin & Eller, watching them more closely all over the ice (as opposed to in TV viewings), were both very impressive. Emelin has top-2 potential written all over him. His offensive instincts are much better than he gets credit for, and i get the feeling he doesn't do as much offensively by choice -because he's so focused on being correct positionally- which is a good thing imo.
Eller was skating and competing with great confidence. He really didn't get many offensive zone opportunities, and yet most shifts his line ended up getting in deep and pressuring the Isles. Could easily step into a top-6 role (in terms of PP & offensive zone starts) right now, imo, and not be out of place.
those 6, if they continue to develop positively over the next 1-3 years, will give us a really talented core, the kind that can be a part of a contender for a long time.
on another note... My god is the Nassau Coliseum hilarious... Feels like you're watching a game inside EA sports NHL '94! btw the low def 90's quality scoreboard, to the info screens with graphics from the 80's, to the falling apart lower bowl seats & boxes only on one side... the whole things looks more like something from Slapshot then a modern NHL arena. I'm amazed any player signs there as a UFA (not that there are many), and feel bad for the fans (as few of them as there were).
i guess on the flip side, the fact that tickets are dirt cheap and easy to get for any game is appreciated by anyone who is just a pure hockey fan.
I knew there would be some Price bashing, but this is overreaction mode. He's helped us win most games this season. Has two bad games (I don't even think it was his fault in Pitt) and now he's garbage. Just chill, do you really think Carey Price has not come a lonnnng way in terms of maturity to make sure this doesn't go on. Guy is a winner. It's one thing to say he had a bad game or two or even three (is anyone paying attention to the other goalies in the league???). It's another thing to question whether there is something to be worried about.
Better D coverage plz. Get a win against Carolina and let's start rollin again.