HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cbj col good trade partners?

Old
03-05-2013, 11:44 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
Cbj col good trade partners?

Something along the lines of jack Johnson for Paul stastny?

Add/subtract from either side.....

DRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL View Post

JJ is locked up for 5 more years after this one at $4.4M per year, and IMO playing like a legit #1 d-man (or top pairing guy if you don't like his game). Stasny is under contract for one more year @ $6.6M, and being generous he's playing like a marginal #2 center. I see their respective trade values in completely ballparks, and COL would have to add in something else really signficant.

I guess I just can't see CLM making that deal under almost any circumstances. Like someone said earlier, CLM needs better players, not more players. And right not, JJ is a signficantly better player than Stasny IMO.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Agree with BF that CBJ should not be looking to move JJ, in this deal anyway. But they should at least be checking in with Colorado on the status of Stastny.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Crisp Breakout

Here's how it probably looks (and fairly so) through a CBJ fan's eyes. Johnson has been a rock for the Jackets; there is absolutely no reason to trade him. Whether the new MGMT agrees is a whole different question, but I can't imagine they're displeased with what JJ's brought to the table.

They also have seen a decline in Stastny's production. Given JJ's solid play and Stastny's decline, I doubt many Jackets fans will be on board. They do need to find a #1 center. I've been saying for a long time RJo is that guy - though you might actually find disagreement from CBJ fans on this. I think RJo will be a #1 center after the next season or two. He needs to work on his endurance, but he's got all the tools to be the go-to guy.

But . . . I think everyone can agree that no one knows what is running through JD and JK's heads.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi

I was very not happy when folks kept repeating "JMFJ for ROR" over and over.

The swapout of ROR with Stastny, oddly, does not make it any better.

I'd have interest in Statsny. But not in a deal like that.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Brassard + Moore + LA 1st for Stastny + 2nd?

Anywhere close?

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:29 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post

Anywhere close?
Drop the 1st and i might be closer. Don't think that we can get Moore and a 1st out of a Brassard for Stazz swap...

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:29 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL View Post

Wouldn't the Avs need to add because Stastny's a ufa next summer, while JJ is signed for several more seasons?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Have no interest in a deal with CBJ that doesn't involve JJ but that's about as far as the possibility makes any sense, can't see us offering the value CBJ fans need to move him and I'm sure their GM recognizes his potential value in a trade as well.

Might as well wrap it up and go home, nothing will come out of this trade.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Drop the 1st and i might be closer. Don't think that we can get Moore and a 1st out of a Brassard for Stazz swap...
I'd take the 1st over Moore.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post

Anywhere close?
Having Moore and a 1st in the deal makes it rather nonsensical for us. There's some futures we're more willing to move than others, but those aren't among 'em.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
Here's how it probably looks (and fairly so) through a CBJ fan's eyes. Johnson has been a rock for the Jackets; there is absolutely no reason to trade him. Whether the new MGMT agrees is a whole different question, but I can't imagine they're displeased with what JJ's brought to the table.

They also have seen a decline in Stastny's production. Given JJ's solid play and Stastny's decline, I doubt many Jackets fans will be on board. They do need to find a #1 center. I've been saying for a long time RJo is that guy - though you might actually find disagreement from CBJ fans on this. I think RJo will be a #1 center after the next season or two. He needs to work on his endurance, but he's got all the tools to be the go-to guy.

But . . . I think everyone can agree that no one knows what is running through JD and JK's heads.
This. I don't think you'll find to many Jacket fans enthralled at the thought of trading Johnson, especially for Stastny.

That being said, unless were getting JJ in return I don't really see an incentive for the Avs to trade the Jackets Stastny for anything they would realistically offer.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:11 PM
avsfan09

Stastny was looking like his old self tonight. He still has alot of value and is better than his numbers show, but he's never been a player that can make something happen by himself. He's a player that makes smart plays to give teammates space and time. He has to have teammates that are capable of playing close to his level.

avsfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote