Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mikael Granlund V

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2013, 10:11 AM
DANOZ28

vCash: 500
last summer a writer said the wild havent had this kind of talent since gaborik, i was hoping 4 a mini gabby (2/3rds as good) gabbys first year he scored 18G. i guess now i should hope he can equal koivu's first yr 6G! im not saying hes a bust.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:14 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

You gotta start looking past goals. And I'm not saying Granlund has been that good either.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:11 AM
pbunder

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANOZ28 View Post
last summer a writer said the wild havent had this kind of talent since gaborik, i was hoping 4 a mini gabby (2/3rds as good) gabbys first year he scored 18G. i guess now i should hope he can equal koivu's first yr 6G! im not saying hes a bust.
we do have a mini gaborik. his name is zucker.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Ladde

Granlund isn´t a Sniper/Fast skating scoring winger.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:17 AM
QnebO

Quote:
last summer a writer said the wild havent had this kind of talent since gaborik, i was hoping 4 a mini gabby (2/3rds as good) gabbys first year he scored 18G. i guess now i should hope he can equal koivu's first yr 6G!
So it would be 3 goals for this season, because its only half. It's not like he hasnt done anything to get points.. Its always good situation to be in when you're getting less points than you work situations and shots for, than the other way around, if you think in long term because you can be confident that you just haveto keep doing good work and getting better, and at some point the ketchup bottle's gonna open. He is having tough break going on now.. Sometimes you earn points much easier. Kid still has high upside and even the lowside is solid.. Even if he fails compared to expection after he's first 4 years, hes prolly NHL regullar player.

Last edited by QnebO: 03-05-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old
03-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Daimon

People need to stop worrying about Granlund. Kid has so much potential that it's borderline scary. Only thing he needs is time. Patience my young padawans.

Old
03-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Gaps

Quote:
This is just... Did you ever see him play before he came to NA? Just asking. The Granlund= Mini-Gabby idea is ridiculous, it always has been. Unless the writer had no idea what they were talking about, you must've understood them wrong. Granlund is very talented, but he is not a talented goal-scorer.

Old
03-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Beegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
This is just... Did you ever see him play before he came to NA? Just asking. The Granlund= Mini-Gabby idea is ridiculous, it always has been. Unless the writer had no idea what they were talking about, you must've understood them wrong. Granlund is very talented, but he is not a talented goal-scorer.
Yes he is the playmaker..we all knew that but I think his goal scoring was underrated a bit.

20 goals in 45 SM Liga games...

8 goals in 21 AHL games.

Not by any means a "poor" goal scorer.

He will be a 25 goal guy in the NHL no doubt in my mind...something Mikko has never done.

PS for everyone that thinks its armageddon with Granlund go look at Koivu and his career path. Granlund outshines him every step of the way stat wise..SM Liga to AHL to first year in the NHL...

He is progressing just fine. Give him time people. The kid will be fine.

Last edited by The Nemesis: 03-05-2013 at 06:37 PM. Reason: watch the comments about other posters, please
Old
03-05-2013, 05:47 PM
Kaptain
I am Jax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
Yes he is the playmaker..we all knew that but I think his goal scoring was underrated a bit.

20 goals in 45 SM Liga games...

8 goals in 21 AHL games.

Not by any means a "poor" goal scorer.

He will be a 25 goal guy in the NHL no doubt in my mind...something Mikko has never done.

PS for everyone that thinks its armageddon with Granlund go look at Koivu and his career path. Granlund outshines him every step of the way stat wise..SM Liga to AHL to first year in the NHL...

He is progressing just fine. Give him time people... The kid will be fine.
Why compare Koivu and Granlund? They're very different players.

Last edited by The Nemesis: 03-05-2013 at 06:38 PM. Reason: quoting edited post
Old
03-05-2013, 07:05 PM
Beegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaw View Post
Why compare Koivu and Granlund? They're very different players.
Why not?? they sure are different players...not arguing that or even comparing them as players. Im looking into the career paths of both players and development. Koivu is actually the single most perfect player statistically to look into as we try to learn more about Granlund and his production and development as he moves up leagues.

Lets look at their EXACT same career paths. Literally Identical.

Koivu
4 years in SM Liga:

21GP 0-1-1pt
48GP 4-3-7pts
37GP 7-13-20pts
45GP 6-24-30pts

1 year in the AHL(lockout year)
67GP 20-28-48 pts

1st Year in the NHL:
64GP 6-15-21pts

Granlund

4 years in SM Liga:
2GP 0-0-0pt
43GP 13-27-40pts
39GP 8-28-36pts
45GP 20-31-51pts

1 year in the AHL(Lockout year)
21GP 8-13-21pts

1st year in the NHL:
18GP 1-5-6pts

Even better than that go ahead and look at the ages of the two players..their career paths not only follow each other...they follow the same age and progression. Its actually very interesting and a good way to look at Granlunds development statistically since its hard to project guys and what they will do coming in from Europe sometimes. Especially the limited amount of Fins recently to get to the NHL along this career path.

Now for some analysis. Statistically Mikkael has outproduced Mikko in the SM Liga offensively and also in the AHL. PPG in the NHL in Mikael's first season is actually a shade better than Mikko's. Clearly Mikko physically was more ready but I expect to see the same type of development curve for Mikkael with more offensive production based on his past levels throughout every league.

Mikko's next 3 seasons in the NHL:

82GP 20-34-54pts
57GP 11-31-42pts
79GP 20-47-67pts

No reason we shouldn't see this or something similar from Granlund in the future. As far as upside goes who knows we could see something more or something slightly less..but I wouldn't be surprised to see very similar numbers from him over the next few years.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:21 PM
DANOZ28

i do like seeing those numbers / stats however if not goals how should i measure / compare granlunds progress? shep was a fail but i thought people were too hard on pouliot.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Tuomaz

Again one of our best players on the ice.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:28 PM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Put him in Coyle's spot on that 1st line.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:45 PM
Dampland
Overly Moderated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomaz View Post
Again one of our best players on the ice.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:49 PM
Tuomaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
Yes, yes very insightful. I agree with that but that other point i'm not sure. Are you sure about that last one?

Old
03-05-2013, 10:51 PM
Haite
x

vCash: 2465
Quote:

Old
03-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Dampland
Overly Moderated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomaz View Post
Yes, yes very insightful. I agree with that but that other point i'm not sure. Are you sure about that last one?

ZERO points for a 5th straight game, 1 shot tonight, and minus 3, playing 6th highest minutes of the forwards. Yet you say "one of the best again" Do you think we are all blind? we can watch the games and clearly see he is nowhere close to being "one of the best", and he is getting more playing minutes than most of the forwards.

How long are you going to continue to hand us dogcrap and try to convince us it is Chocolate cake?

Just be honest for once. as in " the kid is struggling, sure hope he can turn it around someday"

Old
03-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Tuomaz

Quote:
ZERO points for a 5th straight game, 1 shot tonight, and minus 3, playing 6th highest minutes of the forwards. Yet you say "one of the best again" Do you think we are all blind? we can watch the games and clearly see he is nowhere close to being "one of the best", and he is getting more playing minutes than most of the forwards.

How long are you going to continue to hand us dogcrap and try to convince us it is Chocolate cake?

Just be honest for once. as in " the kid is struggling, sure hope he can turn it around someday"
I'm sure i'm not the only one who thinks he has been one of our best last 2 games.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:24 PM
Tuomaz

And we all know you hate the kid. You bash him after every game.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:28 PM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

If heatley buries one or both of the great chances granlund created for him last game you're argument that is completely based on points would be gone, dampland.

Granlund HAS been turning it around.
Last game he was very aggressive on the forecheck, getting around players and getting to the puck, and he dodged some checks pretty nimbly.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:55 AM
Henri M

Quote:

He was clearly one of our best players yesterday. But I am not surprised you will not admit that, considering you did not even say one positive thing about the great game he had against Edmonton.

First off, two of the goals against yesterday when he was on the ice came from 2 idiotic turnovers which he had nothing to do with.

If the kid was "struggling" yesterday, then the rest of the team was complete garbage. I can not see how you can be able to make such a statement without actually "scaling" (?) his performance with the rest of the teams. Jesus f-ing christ man.

He has lately gotten himself into 1-2 good scoring opportunities, and given his linemates 2-3 good scoring chances each game. He continues that play and the points will come, but I highly doubt you will attribute any credit to Granlund. We will see.

Last edited by Henri M: 03-06-2013 at 05:00 AM.
Old
03-06-2013, 05:19 AM
sakux

I'm very pleased with how he's been playing these two last games. I think we should all just ignore Dampland since he's clearly a troll.

Old
03-06-2013, 05:48 AM
skillhockey

Granlund is a player that gotta be in TOP line with guys that can compete and score, also in first pp unit. They should try that. I'm not sure if they have but i doubt it. If he plays with 2nd rate guys you can't utilize most of his skills. Maybe after few years he could carry 2nd line but not now.

Old
03-06-2013, 06:02 AM
Joona

Well, i cant agree he was best on ice last night but clearly he HAS improved clearly. I don't like to say this, but heatler and bouchard (as a experienced players) should have some precense on ice too while i saw granlund doing the dirty work (which isn't his role clearly)

Old
03-06-2013, 06:23 AM
forthewild

I don't like butch on his line at all. Butch needs to be traded, once Cal is healthy i'd rather have Cal Heater and Granlund.

Closed Thread