HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gaborik Might Be Available

Old
03-05-2013, 10:30 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by last_sd View Post
If NYR want more depth right now,

Flippula (top 6 winger or good 3rd line C), Cleary/Eaves/Abdelkader (3rd/4th line Winger), White (Top 4 Right shooting D).

Problem is Flip, Cleary are both UFA after this year and White only has 1 year left.

Only make sense if Rangers want players for this year's playoff run.
Or they could have Franzen for the next 30 years at $4m...

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Value wise, I think proposals from the Sens fan-base are the most enticing. I'd hate to move Gaborik anywhere in the east though.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Little is worth more than Gaborik

lol...

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:35 PM
pavelbure604

Booth
Ballard
pick

for

Gaborik

pavelbure604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:36 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Scoring LW, top six center or a top 4 pmd who can pay the right side. One of those has to be in the deal.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelbure604 View Post
Booth
Ballard
pick

for

Gaborik
No thanks.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:52 PM
tyratoku

vCash: 710
PMB(Salary)
Brodziak
Zack Phillips
3rd

for Gaborik

Kind of lowballing New York here, and I apologize. Wild just can't do much right now. Thought I'd throw in an offer anyway.

tyratoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:53 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
There's so much wrong in this awful post I don't even know where to begin. It's that bad.

I don't move Gaborik straight up for Little. Neither does any Rangers fan. Neither does anyone who actually watches hockey. Neither does anyone who doesn't watch hockey. I think you're the only one on this planet that believes that Bryan ****ing Little is more valuable than Gaborik.
What teams have the cap space to take on Gaborik's contract, plus give up some valuable assets, plus buy him out during the summer because they can't afford him next season.

Little has value because he's a cheap RFA who can get 50 points a year which has value to plenty of teams. Gaborik is expensive and the cap is shrinking next year.

It's a lousy market to be selling or trading over-priced premium hockey players for the next 24 months. Grasp the concept - it's the new reality.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:59 PM
Miller Time

i could see a deal with SJ appealing to both teams...

To NYR
Boyle
Pavelski

To SJ
Gaborik
Boyle

Tortorella gets reunited with Boyle, and Pavelski is the kind of player he'd approve of imo. SanJose goes for broke in the "we will outscore you" mode... Could see Gaborik lighting it up on a line with Couture/Havlat, espeically with Thornton-Marleau forcing opposition shut-down units to "pick their poison". Boyle gives them a bit more size/grit in bottom-6.

Does open a hole on SJ's back end, but perhaps forcing the issue with Demers gets him back in gear.

salary-wise, pretty close, if NYR need it to match up evenly, teams could swap back-up goalies as well

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:01 PM
Alluckks

Quote:
What teams have the cap space to take on Gaborik's contract, plus give up some valuable assets, plus buy him out during the summer because they can't afford him next season.

Little has value because he's a cheap RFA who can get 50 points a year which has value to plenty of teams. Gaborik is expensive and the cap is shrinking next year.

It's a lousy market to be selling or trading over-priced premium hockey players for the next 24 months. Grasp the concept - it's the new reality.
1. That's just dumb

2. That's funny, because Little has had exactly 1 50 point season, and that was 4 years ago.

But please, continue being delusional.

Last edited by Krishna: 03-05-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Alluckks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:12 PM
Jurky
#FireHolland

Man I really really wish Kenny Holland would be in on this if it's true but I know that's not going to happen. But Datsyuk and Gaborik would be epic.
So for ***** and giggles, How bout:
-Valtteri Filppula (Signed to an extension)
-Jakub Kindl
- Tomas Jurco
-2014 1st

for Gabby

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelbure604 View Post
Booth
Ballard
pick

for

Gaborik
Why even bother. You should already know the answer to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
PMB(Salary)
Brodziak
Zack Phillips
3rd

for Gaborik

Kind of lowballing New York here, and I apologize. Wild just can't do much right now. Thought I'd throw in an offer anyway.
Why bother lowballing when you know it's not enough... ?

Quote:
Trades usually involve players. Players have salaries. Gaborik @7.5M. Player B @3.8M? lol...

There's also a new rule in the CBA which allows teams to essentially trade cap-space.

Quote:
Little's hit the 50P mark once in his career. He's not a 50 point player. But even if he was, comparing him to Gaborik, a 7 time 40G scorer, is completely asinine.

Little's cheaper for a reason. There's less of a demand for him. There are a lot more little's in this league, than Gaboriks.

Stepan is more valuable than Crosby, because Stepan is a cheaper RFA and with a shrinking cap Crosby will have to get bought out because he makes too much money.

Quote:
Reality? Oh, I've grasped plenty from this short and sweet discussion with you. It's been enlightening. I've learned Stepan is more valuable in the NHL than Crosby. Thanks for the lesson.

Last edited by Boom Boom Geoffrion*: 03-05-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old
03-05-2013, 11:35 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Value wise, I think proposals from the Sens fan-base are the most enticing. I'd hate to move Gaborik anywhere in the east though.
I wouldn't be worried about it.... We know he's not very reliable in the post-season... Do you think any of our defensemen would have a hard time matching up against him if we met in the playoffs?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:38 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

Anyone from Dallas not named Benn/Eriksson/Oleksiak/Dillon that NYR fans would be interested in?

Say? Phillip Larsen ( NHL Roster player, PMD) + Brenden Morrow + upper level prospect + mid round pick?

oconnor9sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Jets
Resident Sieve

vCash: 50
Little having the same value as Gaborik is ridiculous and I'm the Jets fan/one who proposed a Little + for Gaborik trade. However, that plus would never be Bogosian. In Winnipeg it's looking more and more like we may have to have a huge blowup and start over sometime soon in order for TNSE and Cheveldayoff to truly put their stamp on the team, but Bogosian and Kane are the two completely locked into WPG for years to come.

Little is very available, and as an aside I believe so is Blake Wheeler to an extent. It doesn't seem plausible to the Jets though to trade for Gaborik unless we were giving up a bunch of our depth players + a top liner (Little) in order to boost our goal scoring with Gaborik.

If depth forwards (Antropov, Miettinen, Jokinen, Tangradi, Thorburn, Slater) are what the Rangers need, then the Jets have plenty to package up with a Little or Wheeler, but otherwise the key young guns, Kane and Bogosian, wouldn't really be a part of a deal for a 30 year old goalscorer who I like as a player, but honestly appears to have begun his decline.

Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:43 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
Little having the same value as Gaborik is ridiculous and I'm the Jets fan/one who proposed a Little + for Gaborik trade. However, that plus would never be Bogosian. In Winnipeg it's looking more and more like we may have to have a huge blowup and start over sometime soon in order for TNSE and Cheveldayoff to truly put their stamp on the team, but Bogosian and Kane are the two completely locked into WPG for years to come.

Little is very available, and as an aside I believe so is Blake Wheeler to an extent. It doesn't seem plausible to the Jets though to trade for Gaborik unless we were giving up a bunch of our depth players + a top liner (Little) in order to boost our goal scoring with Gaborik.

If depth forwards (Antropov, Miettinen, Jokinen, Tangradi, Thorburn, Slater) are what the Rangers need, then the Jets have plenty to package up with a Little or Wheeler, but otherwise the key young guns, Kane and Bogosian, wouldn't really be a part of a deal for a 30 year old goalscorer who I like as a player, but honestly appears to have begun his decline.
Completely OT, but what would the price for Byfuglien?

Old
03-05-2013, 11:49 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I wouldn't be worried about it.... We know he's not very reliable in the post-season... Do you think any of our defensemen would have a hard time matching up against him if we met in the playoffs?
Pickles, Gilroy, Eminger. MDZ too, if he was having late-night fun with his Roor.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:24 AM
Jets
Resident Sieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnor9sean View Post
Completely OT, but what would the price for Byfuglien?
He's truly a unique player and his value as such is nearly impossible to pinpoint now. While his defensive abilities in the past have been questioned, this season (and somewhat last) he has made significant strides in that regard to be equivalent defensively with a solid 3-4 dman. However, his pairing with Enstrom has lead to both of them feeding off one another and their combined skillsets easily allows each to compensate for the other and their defensive efforts are adequate to match that of any other top pairing. Byfuglien's true value to any team though is obviously his offensive output. But even that is difficult to put a value on because he utilizes his offense to minimize his time in the defensive zone, boosting his overall game. His scoring ability is top notch for any dman in the league and his Offensive defense capabilities are 2nd only to Karlsson.

As an all around player, value wise he would have to rank somewhere similar to a Chara on the high end, and a Yandle on the low end of the scale. High end (Chara) being roughly a 1st + Top prospect + roster player, low end being roster player + prospect(s) + picks.

Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:47 AM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

The kind of deal I'd settle on

NSH
Fisher+Ellis+1st
for
Gaborik+2nd/3rd

OTT
Greening+Zib+1st
for
Gaborik+2nd/3rd

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:52 AM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Really ? Perry is on the record for not wanting to play in a big market. He's gone on July 1st...well 5th this yr.
Source?

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:15 AM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
He's truly a unique player and his value as such is nearly impossible to pinpoint now. While his defensive abilities in the past have been questioned, this season (and somewhat last) he has made significant strides in that regard to be equivalent defensively with a solid 3-4 dman. However, his pairing with Enstrom has lead to both of them feeding off one another and their combined skillsets easily allows each to compensate for the other and their defensive efforts are adequate to match that of any other top pairing. Byfuglien's true value to any team though is obviously his offensive output. But even that is difficult to put a value on because he utilizes his offense to minimize his time in the defensive zone, boosting his overall game. His scoring ability is top notch for any dman in the league and his Offensive defense capabilities are 2nd only to Karlsson.

As an all around player, value wise he would have to rank somewhere similar to a Chara on the high end, and a Yandle on the low end of the scale. High end (Chara) being roughly a 1st + Top prospect + roster player, low end being roster player + prospect(s) + picks.
Ok, I would do a 1st (2014 preferably, could live with 2013), Phillip Larsen( young PMD, 1 NHL season in the books), and a mid to high quality prospect for Byfuglien.

The prospect would need to be a forward because after moving Larsen we'd be kinda thin on D prospects, but there would probably be interest in a guy like Tomas Vincour, Alex Chiasson or Matej Stranksy.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:01 AM
Esa 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
i could see a deal with SJ appealing to both teams...

To NYR
Boyle
Pavelski

To SJ
Gaborik
Boyle

Tortorella gets reunited with Boyle, and Pavelski is the kind of player he'd approve of imo. SanJose goes for broke in the "we will outscore you" mode... Could see Gaborik lighting it up on a line with Couture/Havlat, espeically with Thornton-Marleau forcing opposition shut-down units to "pick their poison". Boyle gives them a bit more size/grit in bottom-6.

Does open a hole on SJ's back end, but perhaps forcing the issue with Demers gets him back in gear.

salary-wise, pretty close, if NYR need it to match up evenly, teams could swap back-up goalies as well
I think this is the only type of deal Sather would be interested in if he actually moved Gabby during the season. Something that in theory improves NYR chances of winning this year and next. Boyle might actually help the Rangers' perpetually ailing PP. I think a right-handed offensive D who can log major minutes in the top 4 and has a great shot from the point would be a prime target. Pavelski would address the issue of top 6 depth since he can play both Center and Wing. I think NYR would be looking for a multidimensional forward like him who can easily fill in as a top 6 Center in the play-offs given Richards' struggles this year and Stepan's inexperience as part of any deal for Gaborik.

I'm not sure a deal like that is out there to be made though. I don't follow the Sharks much, but I thought they were pretty attached to Pavelski. I just don't expect Sather to make a move for anything less given the expectations for the Rangers.

It has to be something that seriously improves them this year. Not a 3rd line C who's an improvement on Brian Boyle at the expense of your top scorer or a prospect like Zibby who can't be relied upon in the play-offs over these couple of seasons. Sather might move Gabby during the summer for high end youth if he thinks he's landing a big UFA who would be more helpful to the team, but NYR can fit Gabby's contract under the cap next season if the offers don't make the current team much better.

Esa 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:03 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
per Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts Column

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...hot-topic.html

I know this has been speculated on by some Rangers fans on their board, but this is the first time a reliable hockey media guy has speculated on it.
Lol... right... the Rangers are gonna move their 40 goal scorer just last year for some "depth".. because other pieces can't be moved to acquire a 3c (which actually seems like Miller would do just fine there) and a RHD?

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:20 AM
Crows*

Gaborik is exactly the type of player the canucks need. Too bad he will never come here.

Crows* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:32 AM
wunderpanda
Sabretage

Hasn't he been dropped to the 3rd line? Between his injury history and his contract, I can't imagine getting too big a return for him.

wunderpanda is offline   Reply With Quote