HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors and Proposals Vol. 6 "Posters who should be GM"

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2013, 10:55 PM
Rafters

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
I bet Umberger could be had for a song. 7 points in 23 games with a $4.6M cap hit for 4 more years after this one. He's been a consistent 20+ goal guy coming into this year, is 6'2", 220lbs and plays both LW and C.

He might be a guy worth taking a chance on, and I doubt he costs you Hemsky.
NTC and he is from Ohio as well I believe....

My bad...played at Ohio state...but from Pittsburgh.....

Last edited by Rafters: 03-06-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old
03-05-2013, 10:57 PM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post
I know Chris Stewart's name was mentioned in the other thread. I'd love to have him on the second line. He hasn't put up a ton of points, but if he's playing with guys like Gagner and Yak, maybe he doesn't need to? He can certainly bring some sandpaper to the top 6. He's an RFA at the end of this year.

That allows us to move Hemsky for whatever.
It'll probably cost you Hemsky to get Stewart straight across.

Stewart's play is really picking up this year and he's buying into Hitches system. I'm not sure he could be had, but in the off chance he is (they have alot of players with similar skillsets), it'll cost you Hemsky at the least, if not a piece more too.

03-05-2013, 11:03 PM
Hemskyfanboy83

I think we need to move 2 of Hemsky/Gagner/Eberle/Yakupov.

Hemsky and Gagner are the obvious choices if we could get fair value, but I would be interested to see what kind of return's Eberle and Yakupov could fetch.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:09 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
It'll probably cost you Hemsky to get Stewart straight across.

Stewart's play is really picking up this year and he's buying into Hitches system. I'm not sure he could be had, but in the off chance he is (they have alot of players with similar skillsets), it'll cost you Hemsky at the least, if not a piece more too.
Agreed he'd come at a price.

Game after game, I believe the importance of a big top 6 addition grows. Personally I'd have no problem with Hemsky+ for Stewart, but even then like you said, I'm not sure St Louis would have an appetite for that kind of trade.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:17 PM
RisingSun

vCash: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemskyfanboy83 View Post
I think we need to move 2 of Hemsky/Gagner/Eberle/Yakupov.

Hemsky and Gagner are the obvious choices if we could get fair value, but I would be interested to see what kind of return's Eberle and Yakupov could fetch.
Everybody hates the idea of it, but by trading one of the fab5 like Eberle for an equal return has the opportunity of really turning this team around.
Ex.) The trade value might not be there but:

Eberle, Gagner+ for OEL and Hanzal

Hemsky for a tough top 6

In offseason: -sign top 6 dman
-Sign top 9 forward
-sign solid veteran presence

Any thoughts? It's probably a bad proposal as I'm a new fan. but you have to think is this team better then the one we have right now?

Old
03-05-2013, 11:20 PM
Jarvi

I understand that this would never happen, and that he is a fan favourite in Boston but what would you guys give to get Lucic? I would be open to deals around basically everything except Schultz, RNH and Hall. I am terrible at trade proposals but something around our 1st would be my thoughts. I am not ready to abandon hope with ebs since he has hit a cold stretch but Looch would be perfect. He would take away the need for a goon to take up a roster spot and we could use that on another Petrell like player, except hopefully a center whos is decent on the dot.

No way it ever happens but I was just thinking about how great he would be and was wondering what a decent offer would look like that wouldnt insult B's fans.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:24 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafters View Post
NTC and he is from Ohio as well I believe....
I thought he was from PA. You're right he has a NTC, but he can always waive it if he wants to. I don't think he's ever been asked.

03-05-2013, 11:27 PM
RisingSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvi View Post
You'll have a hard time getting lucic out of Boston for anything but a overpayment, and frankly I don't think it's worth it.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:32 PM
runeeres
Seasons in the Abyss

Considering Staal's awful injury, Boyle for Whitney?

Old
03-05-2013, 11:33 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Quote:
Originally Posted by runeeres View Post
Considering Staal's awful injury, Boyle for Whitney?
I'd do it.

My heart can't handle watching Whitney on this team anymore.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Jarvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRadicals View Post
You'll have a hard time getting lucic out of Boston for anything but a overpayment, and frankly I don't think it's worth it.
May I ask why you don't think its worth it? Not being snarky I am genuinely curious. 60+ points, nasty, and though I dont catch a lot of B's games judging by how much the fans love him I am pretty sure we wouldn't have to worry about him taking nights off. He is young enough to grow with the core and he has championship experience with some of the best veterans and leaders the league has to offer. Only thing that could make him a better fit imo is if he was a center, but considering after Hall we dont have any other real top 6 leftwingers that aint a big deal.

Ya we might give up a stud prospect but we seem to have enough of those, we might give up a more skilled player but again we have enough of those. What we don't have and what every team wants is exactly what Lucic brings.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:38 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
I'd do it.

My heart can't handle watching Whitney on this team anymore.
He's been improving in the last couple games, give him some time. I wanted him gone to at the beginning of the season but it looks like he's starting to get his skating legs back.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:41 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Agreed he'd come at a price.

Game after game, I believe the importance of a big top 6 addition grows. Personally I'd have no problem with Hemsky+ for Stewart, but even then like you said, I'm not sure St Louis would have an appetite for that kind of trade.
They need a barfing emoticon Stewart sucks no way you give up Hemsky let alone a plus for him. If were dealing Hemsky+ to St. Louis its for Shattenkirk.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:41 PM
RisingSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvi View Post
May I ask why you don't think its worth it? Not being snarky I am genuinely curious. 60+ points, nasty, and though I dont catch a lot of B's games judging by how much the fans love him I am pretty sure we wouldn't have to worry about him taking nights off. He is young enough to grow with the core and he has championship experience with some of the best veterans and leaders the league has to offer. Only thing that could make him a better fit imo is if he was a center, but considering after Hall we dont have any other real top 6 leftwingers that aint a big deal.

Ya we might give up a stud prospect but we seem to have enough of those, we might give up a more skilled player but again we have enough of those. What we don't have and what every team wants is exactly what Lucic brings.
I love the idea of Lucic on our team, but his asking price is just too much for this team to recover. The trade would have to start with one of the fab 5. And honestly, if we had to trade one of the kids, I would rather have a top 1 D versus a top 6 physical LW. I think he can find a poor man's lucic via a Hemsky trade that can physically contribute just as much as Lucic, just not as offensive, which imo is not a problem considering the offensive the kids will produce.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:43 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
They need a barfing emoticon Stewart sucks no way you give up Hemsky let alone a plus for him. If were dealing Hemsky+ to St. Louis its for Shattenkirk.
5'11'' 193lbs doesn't beef up our top 6 like we need.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:49 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
5'11'' 193lbs doesn't beef up our top 6 like we need.
You know Shattenkirk is a d man right? He's also 5'11" and 208 lbs according to the Blues website. He'd also be tied for 3rd in scoring on this team with 17 points.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:50 PM
Jarvi

Quote:
I love the idea of Lucic on our team, but his asking price is just too much for this team to recover. The trade would have to start with one of the fab 5. And honestly, if we had to trade one of the kids, I would rather have a top 1 D versus a top 6 physical LW. I think he can find a poor man's lucic via a Hemsky trade that can physically contribute just as much as Lucic, just not as offensive, which imo is not a problem considering the offensive the kids will produce.
Oh i see where your coming from. Really though I dont know what it would take to get him but if we end up with another top 5 pick this year I am very open to trading it, and as I said I think it needs to be someone who is physical, not a dinosaur, and has some winning experience.

And for poor mans Lucic, well thats kinda hard because then you sort of juat get into the goons realm. I want players who can produce as well since the league isnt the same as it was in the 80's. You can't
waste roster spots just to protect other players.

I hate to admit it but maybe I am just being irrational like most of us get after a few losses.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:51 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Good luck with that. One of the big 5 would be going back along with Hemmer.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:52 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Quote:
You know Shattenkirk is a d man right? He's also 5'11" and 208 lbs according to the Blues website. He'd also be tied for 3rd in scoring on this team with 17 points.
Sorry I meant that we still need to change up our top 6. A dman doesn't do that. No way the Blues give up Shattenkirk for Hemsky+ regardless.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:00 AM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Sorry I meant that we still need to change up our top 6. A dman doesn't do that. No way the Blues give up Shattenkirk for Hemsky+ regardless.
I get why people like Stewart but to me he's just another Penner. He's also a RW to boot. And yea I doubt St. Louis would trade him but I wouldn't be willing to trade Hemsky for anything less. I'd do Eberle to Boston for Lucic. Just to light a fire under this teams ass, also I'd tell Smyth he can sit in the press box for the rest of the season or retire and still be paid. Then ship out N.Schultz for a true defensive d man and bring in Liles. This team is 4-5 moves away from even being competitive because of Tambo's failure to make changes for the last 3 years.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:05 AM
Bergeron47

Call up Randy Jones, convert Ryan Jones to defense, get Jeff Schultz and draft Seth Jones in offseason.

Roll a defense of
N. Schultz-S. Jones
J. Schultz-J. Schultz
R. Jones-R. Jones

Old
03-06-2013, 12:07 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Everybody hates the idea of it, but by trading one of the fab5 like Eberle for an equal return has the opportunity of really turning this team around.
Ex.) The trade value might not be there but:

Eberle, Gagner+ for OEL and Hanzal

Hemsky for a tough top 6

In offseason: -sign top 6 dman
-Sign top 9 forward
-sign solid veteran presence

Any thoughts? It's probably a bad proposal as I'm a new fan. but you have to think is this team better then the one we have right now?
That'd still be a pretty big +. OEL and Hanzal aren't coming cheap

Old
03-06-2013, 12:14 AM
Rafters

Jack Johnson didn't look to bad tonight....he plays way too much....wonder what he would be like at 23min/gm instead of 26 a night

Old
03-06-2013, 12:14 AM
RisingSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
That'd still be a pretty big +. OEL and Hanzal aren't coming cheap
i think the plus would be the difference between oel and ebs, considering Hanzal and Gagner are nearly a lateral move. Disregarding the mainboards gross overating of OEL , what would the difference be in your guys opinion.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:16 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 351
Quote:
i think the plus would be the difference between oel and ebs, considering Hanzal and Gagner are nearly a lateral move. Disregarding the mainboards gross overating of OEL , what would the difference be in your guys opinion.
OEL is very good and geting better

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
Closed Thread