HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Rumors and Proposals Vol. 6 "Posters who should be GM"

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2013, 11:18 PM
Sethis

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRadicals View Post
i think the plus would be the difference between oel and ebs, considering Hanzal and Gagner are nearly a lateral move. Disregarding the mainboards gross overating of OEL , what would the difference be in your guys opinion.
He's not being overrated. Drop Hanzal and it's probably value. Whether or not the Coyotes have any desire to trade him is then the issue.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:21 PM
RisingSun

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
He's not being overrated. Drop Hanzal and it's probably value. Whether or not the Coyotes have any desire to trade him is then the issue.
Wait you would do Eberle + Gagner for OEL? That's quite the steep price.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:22 PM
Njoy Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
Marc Staal takes a puck to the eye tonight.

Whitney for Boyle please.
Now we're talking! Better yet. Somehow throw Belanger in there for a pick.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:24 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
OEL is very good and geting better
Yep. If he was anywhere but Phoenix, he'd be getting hyped a lot more too

Quote:
i think the plus would be the difference between oel and ebs, considering Hanzal and Gagner are nearly a lateral move. Disregarding the mainboards gross overating of OEL , what would the difference be in your guys opinion.
The question isn't what is fair value. Hanzal is far too important to Phoenix in their system, and OEL is a 21 year old #1 dman who's taking over as the face of the franchise. We'd need to add someone like Smid to even get things going

Quote:
Wait you would do Eberle + Gagner for OEL? That's quite the steep price.
That's probably what it'd take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafters View Post
Jack Johnson didn't look to bad tonight....he plays way too much....wonder what he would be like at 23min/gm instead of 26 a night
I'm pretty sure he's hit a couple seconds under 35 min more than a couple times too

Old
03-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Burnt Biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
It'll probably cost you Hemsky to get Stewart straight across.

Stewart's play is really picking up this year and he's buying into Hitches system. I'm not sure he could be had, but in the off chance he is (they have alot of players with similar skillsets), it'll cost you Hemsky at the least, if not a piece more too.
From past comments of Hitchcock I do believe he is a fan of Hemsky and his game, although that seems counter intuitive given the kind of coach he is. I'm leaning more and more to Gagner is the guy to keep and Hemsky is the one to move, though Hemsky is still one of my favourites and would like us to have success with him, I was hoping he would develop into a poor mans Elias at this point in his career but the commitment to the defensive end and the hockey IQ just aren't quite there to be that, maybe he will be with a different team and a different system. Stewarts work ethic still scares me I've seen the good and bad in him, on a cruddy team like ours I could see him just mailing it in half the time, when our season is circling the drain pipe like it is starting to now.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:43 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:

If only someone would invent some kind of protective shield that could cover the eyes there

Alas, technology hasn't advanced significantly enough to provide such fantastical devices

Old
03-05-2013, 11:46 PM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
If only someone would invent some kind of protective shield that could cover the eyes there

Alas, technology hasn't advanced significantly enough to provide such fantastical devices
What are you, insane?

Next, you'll be talking about a method in which players can stop running recklessly behind the net for needless icing rushes!

Old
03-05-2013, 11:51 PM
jmoss45

Its abundantly clear that Hemsky doesn't fit here anymore. Not with this team makeup.

He's better off on a line with non-skiled guys that will drive the net, allowing Hemsky to create.

Its just a matter of the return at this point IMO.

Bet he ends up in St. Louis, LA or Smashville.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:52 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
Its abundantly clear that Hemsky doesn't fit here anymore. Not with this team makeup.

He's better off on a line with non-skiled guys that will drive the net, allowing Hemsky to create.

Its just a matter of the return at this point IMO.

Bet he ends up in St. Louis, LA or Smashville.
I still think Hemsky for Yandle is a good trade for both teams. We maybe add something incase Hemsky doesn't resign.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Jack Johnson didn't look to bad tonight....he plays way too much....wonder what he would be like at 23min/gm instead of 26 a night
What are we giving up for him though?

03-06-2013, 12:02 AM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
What are you, insane?

Next, you'll be talking about a method in which players can stop running recklessly behind the net for needless icing rushes!
Lets not go crazy here.

Icing races might be the most exciting play in hockey!

Old
03-06-2013, 12:08 AM
Burnt Biscuits

Best fits for Hemsky currently: Red Wings, New Jersey, Nashville, and Pittsburgh

Teams that may show interest in off-season: Carolina (if Semin leaves), Anaheim (potential to lose both Perry and Selanne), Dallas (Jagr may retire), and Columbus (weak on the right side and lacking in offensive skill)

Old
03-06-2013, 12:18 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Petry + would be my guess

Old
03-06-2013, 12:19 AM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Really? I wasn't impressed with him at all. I know he scored a goal, but I really don't think he was in any way good tonight. Not to mention that goal was a travesty. It was a decent shot and all, but how is he allowed to just walk in like that?

My biggest problem with the idea of trading for Johnson is that you'd have to pay a top pairing price to get him (not to mention top pairing salary once you did) and he's just not a top pairing guy IMO. And while 26 isn't at all old, I don't know if there's really any more growth left in his game.

03-06-2013, 12:28 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Really? I wasn't impressed with him at all. I know he scored a goal, but I really don't think he was in any way good tonight. Not to mention that goal was a travesty. It was a decent shot and all, but how is he allowed to just walk in like that?

My biggest problem with the idea of trading for Johnson is that you'd have to pay a top pairing price to get him (not to mention top pairing salary once you did) and he's just not a top pairing guy IMO. And while 26 isn't at all old, I don't know if there's really any more growth left in his game.
He damn near scored on another shot which he rang off the bar. He adds a guy that can lug the puck up ice, has a big shot, and can play a physical brand of hockey.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:42 AM
Rafters

Quote:
Don't think they trade him....believe the rumours were shot down......seeing as they traded carter for him and they need offence ....probably Gagner + for Johnson + ....but I doubt they trade him until at least Murray proves he is ready

Old
03-06-2013, 12:46 AM
misfit

Quote:
He damn near scored on another shot which he rang off the bar. He adds a guy that can lug the puck up ice, has a big shot, and can play a physical brand of hockey.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the tools. Jack Johnson looks exactly like you would want a defenseman to look like. He can get around the ice well on his skates, he can hammer the puck, he's 6'2" and well north of 200lbs. He's an absolute specimin. Unfortunately, he's kind of just a collection of desireable parts.

Jack Johnson to me is like a 12 year old driving a Ferrari. The machine is capable of amazing things, it's just that the guy behind the wheel was never taught to drive.

EDIT - I know this post makes it seem like I think Johnson is completely useless. I don't, I just don't think he's more than a 2nd pairing defenseman (at least not on a team that's going anywhere).

Old
03-06-2013, 12:48 AM
belair

Quote:
The LA Kings' defense was better when he was wearing a Columbus Blue Jackets sweater. That says a lot.

We do need a big minute top pairing, left-handed defenseman. But preferably one that isn't an anomoly in his own zone half the time.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:12 AM
Hemskyfanboy83

How about something like this?

1) Eberle + Petry for Kuznetsov + Alzner
2) Gagner + Hemsky for Yandle + Korpikoski

Not sure how fair these deals are, but I think they would make us a much better team once/if Kuznetsov comes over.

Korpikoski RNH Hall
MPS Kuznetsov Yakupov

Schultz Alzner
Yandle Smid

I think that is a very formidable roster with a good mix of size, skill, two-way players, and speed.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:37 AM
Senor Catface

Quote:

Can we ban that photo.

(Not serious, but I hate seeing it)

Old
03-06-2013, 01:38 AM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
@KKurzCSN
Lots of Eastern Conference scouts at the game again tonight, including Boston, who some think are scouting Ryane Clowe. #SJSharks

03-06-2013, 01:42 AM
Senor Catface

Quote:
@KKurzCSN
Lots of Eastern Conference scouts at the game again tonight, including Boston, who some think are scouting Ryane Clowe. #SJSharks
Clowe, then Stewart!

Then trade for Boyle!

THEN TRADE FOR A TOP 4 DEFENSEMAN?

THEN WE SHOOT TAMBELLINI OUT OF A CANNON, DIRECTLY INTO THE SUN??

Likely we'll pick up someone on waivers. Sigh.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:51 AM
DousedInOil

Quote:
@KKurzCSN
I know everyone on this board wants Clowe but let's not forget he doesn't have a single goal yet this season. He might be a good option but I don't want to give up the moon for him.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:08 AM
CornKicker
Locked Out

Quote:
also he can play 30 mins a night which means potter doesnt need to

Old
03-06-2013, 08:14 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 0
Quote:

I don't know what was up, but I read that NYR was going to go with 2 d-men as forwards yesterday. Maybe a way to move Petrell as well?

Closed Thread