HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hanzal+Yandle to Edmonton

Old
03-05-2013, 11:15 PM
jgoods14

vCash: 500
Hanzal+Yandle to Edmonton

To Phoenix

C Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Magnus paajarvi
2nd

Or

Sam gagner
Magnus paajarvi
2013 1st rounder

To Edmonton

Keith yandle
Martin hanzal

jgoods14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:16 PM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoods14 View Post
To Phoenix

C Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Magnus paajarvi
2nd

Or

Sam gagner
Magnus paajarvi
2013 1st rounder

To Edmonton

Keith yandle
Martin hanzal
Might bite on that.. Maybe. Perhaps. But the second one, no way.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:18 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
Might bite on that.. Maybe. Perhaps. But the second one, no way.
Not even close on both. Sorry.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:24 PM
RisingSun

vCash: 50
replace nuge with eberle and replace yandle with OEL. And prv with Gagner. Then the oilers start talking.

Last edited by RisingSun: 03-05-2013 at 11:58 PM.
RisingSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:29 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRadicals View Post
replace nuge with eberle and replace yandle with OEL. Then the oilers start talking.
No. Both trades are terrible for the Coyotes.

MPS has little to no real trade value to other teams. The 2nd round pick must be a joke of sorts by OP. You don't get 2 core pieces from another team for 1 Oiler piece. I wouldn't trade OEL straight up for Eberle and RNH at this point. Maloney also already reportedly passed on Gagner and MPS at the draft. While Gagner has had a good season, MPS hasn't done anything to shed the bust/struggling tag. I still wouldn't do that trade, now, just like Maloney passed at the draft.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:54 PM
Magnifique

Quote:
replace nuge with eberle and replace yandle with OEL. Then the oilers start talking.
lol

The Oilers have no one worth OEL.

But, I do look forward to seeing where this thread goes.

PS: No way the Oilers move RNH. It just wouldn't make sense to move him when his value is likely at its lowest. He is going to be great.

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:57 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotes Persevere View Post

PS: No way the Oilers move RNH. It just wouldn't make sense to move him when his value is likely at its lowest. He is going to be great.
Agreed. I don't see a deal here. At least not one that both teams would be interested in. Gagner is going to want megamoney after this season, and the whole idea behind trading Yandle is to cut salary to pay OEL, Boedker and Smith.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:58 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I'd be very happy to give you Yandle and some stuff for RNH. Just not gonna throw Hanzal in with him.

03-06-2013, 12:00 AM
RisingSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I'd be very happy to give you Yandle and some stuff for RNH. Just not gonna throw Hanzal in with him.
Yandle+ for RNH....no thanks.

I think this the best the oilers would give up.

Eberle,Gagner,+ for Hanzal,OEL

I know you guys don't take it, but it's the most I would go for.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:04 AM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:

Gagner for Hanzal is a lateral move, at best, for the Coyotes. Why would they do that?

Trading your #1 D (and a very, very good one at that) for a scoring winger. Why would the Coyotes do that?

It makes the Coyotes worse in every way, and the Oilers instantly better. If teams are going to make 'hockey trades' that see high caliber names flying in both directions, there had better be a solid case on both sides. That's before we get to the money aspect, where the Coyotes lose again. Value wise, it's not there, either.

So really, just bad all the way round for the Yotes.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:06 AM
Neatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Im sure you would be!
I dont think any Oiler fan sees Yandle as the kind of guy they would want in return for RNH.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:07 AM
Magnifique

Quote:
Yandle+ for RNH....no thanks.

I think this the best the oilers would give up.

I'm sure that is what you would do, but you need to look at it realistically.

Eberle<<<OEL
Gagner<Hanzal (can argue equal to or lesser than)

I'm sure every GM in the league wishes they could pull trades off like that, but it just wont' happen.

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:10 AM
RisingSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotes Persevere View Post
I'm sure that is what you would do, but you need to look at it realistically.

Eberle<<<OEL
Gagner<Hanzal (can argue equal to or lesser than)

I'm sure every GM in the league wishes they could pull trades off like that, but it just wont' happen.
3 arrows really?

Old
03-06-2013, 12:21 AM
SR

Quote:
3 arrows really?
Yes, really.

OEL is one of the better Dman that has come out in a long while. In fact, really not trying to be a homer here, but I think he is the best Dman in the league.

Ganger and Hanzal are incomparable, imo. Hanzal is a top 3 shut down center in the league. Ganger? The guy has had a decent season, but I'm still not sold, at all, actually.

Hanzal's dont just grow on tree's. I'd take Hanzal over a guy putting up 30-35 goals a year just for the fact that I think Hanzal eliminates 30+ goals a year on his defensive abilities alone.

SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:44 AM
SR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagorix View Post
"I'm really trying not to be a homer here, but let me say the most homerish thing possible"
List five guys that are more valuable than OEL.

A extremely young, #1, hybrid Dman that has very few flaws to his game and an outlet pass that is elite.

SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:52 AM
Burnt Biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
Yes, really.

OEL is one of the better Dman that has come out in a long while. In fact, really not trying to be a homer here, but I think he is the best Dman in the league.

Ganger and Hanzal are incomparable, imo. Hanzal is a top 3 shut down center in the league. Ganger? The guy has had a decent season, but I'm still not sold, at all, actually.

Hanzal's dont just grow on tree's. I'd take Hanzal over a guy putting up 30-35 goals a year just for the fact that I think Hanzal eliminates 30+ goals a year on his defensive abilities alone.
I'm going to have to watch this kid more closely I didn't see anything in the last game we played you that would make me think he is the best defenseman in the league aside from one beautiful stretch pass.

I just wanted to come in here and say I have 0 interest in trading RNH he is in his 2nd year in the league, nursing a hurt shoulder, went from butter soft rookie match-ups to going head to head against the toughest match-ups available and is a bit snake bitten. This is his low point the kid is only going up from here and you'd have to be an idiot not to see that the kid has the hockey sense and natural talent to be a truly exceptional player.

Burnt Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:12 AM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Really? You get RNH plus a coupke decent assets and don't give up OEL and you think it's not close? You don't have a good grasp on value, or maybe just enjoy talking down to oiler fans.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:13 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Every Phoenix-Edmonton proposal inevitably ends up with Edmonton fans either asking for OEL for Eberle or asking for Hanzal for Gagner. Neither is of any interest to the Yotes.

As for the OP, I would have to think Phoenix would take the RNH one.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:42 AM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Not even close?!

RNH+MPS+2nd for Yandle + Hanzal!?!

Yotes take that and run bud.

Pekka Rinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:43 AM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
List five guys that are more valuable than OEL.

A extremely young, #1, hybrid Dman that has very few flaws to his game and an outlet pass that is elite.
There's that guy in Ottawa who's pretty good.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:47 AM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
Really? You get RNH plus a coupke decent assets and don't give up OEL and you think it's not close? You don't have a good grasp on value, or maybe just enjoy talking down to oiler fans.
RNH is not worth two core pieces to the Coyotes. Not even close. MPS and a 2nd is fluff. Edmonton wins that trade hands down. Which is exactly why the Coyotes don't do it. "but but you get RNH!" Who cares if you just gutted your team? Hanzal and Yandle are functional core pieces of a team that has made it to the conference finals. Trading one of them is a big change to the structure. Trading both of them is a gigantic shock to the system. For what? One center, however good? Not worth it. That's if we were pretending the value is close, which it's not.

I'm not sure why you are bringing OEL up. He is worth, in a 1 for 1 trade, more than any asset in the Oilers organization.

Something based around Yandle for RNH is worth talking about. But it doesn't really make sense for the Oilers to move RNH at all, so why bother? Just sit on him and watch his value go up. It's fair to try and sell Gagner, Hemsky and other pieces like MPS that aren't essential. But asking for core pieces from other teams is laughable. If you want to fundamentally fix the lack of structure the Oilers have then you must re-arrange some of those core pieces. Would you guys trade Hall or Eberle, straight up, for an OEL equivalent D right about now? I'd certainly hope so. I'm not saying Yandle for RNH cures all (and it won't happen) but that type of trade is exactly what needs to be explored. Someone from that core needs to go for an equivalent D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne View Post
Not even close?!

No, they don't, and the difference in thought process is why your team is plumbing the bottom of the standings every year while the Coyotes make the playoffs with no owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
There's that guy in Ottawa who's pretty good.
I don't agree with SR's assessment but there is a credible case (thread on the main board about this very topic) for OEL to be at least nominated this year for a Norris. He's 21. A tremendously valuable asset.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:32 AM
cobra427

OEL might win the Norris trophy this year. He is not being traded and Edmonton has nobody straight up worth OEL. Yandle might be available, but you have to remember, the coyotes are a playoff team the oilers are not. The way a trade works is, the oilers give up an established player for coyote youth, think Runblad, Gormley maybe and picks, not the other way around. DM steals but does not get fleeced....

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:35 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Its spelled Hanzal and Gretal....

duh!

Why would Edm do this unless it was for the very cheap which the dogs wouldn't do?

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 05:10 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne View Post
Not even close?!

No bud, they prefer to make the playoffs. FWIW, Hanzal is having a better season than Nuge even though he has only played 13 games.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 05:46 AM
jgoods14

I know MPS has been an HF whipping boy, but this year he has showed that his soph year was an aberration. Dude was 11th last among forwards in SO% last year at 2.5%! This year and his rookie year, he's up at hia true talent level of around 10%. He's a 200 foot player who can chip in on offense around 20g, play pp and pk. Coyotes need an offensive center like gags or nuge, they still have vermette as a 2 way center, and MPS fills a pk role and offensive production of hanzal. Nuge or gags gives the yotes a legit top 6 offensive center for the powerplay. Yandle is expendable-ish bc of the talent coming up.

Oilers get a tough minutes centre which they desperately need and another PMD. Coyotes bolster their attack and deal from positional strength to get an elite offensive player and a solid 2 way young winger. Everyone wins

jgoods14 is offline   Reply With Quote