HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Out of town scoreboard

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Scoring was never what made him an NHLer. I still like the trade, but man, Wilson should be fired for letting him walk.
Really? Fired for letting a 3rd liner walk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsboy View Post
My boy Huberdeau with another goal in his run to get the calder.
Pfft Landeskog's already done it.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

vCash: 500
M Staal with a slapper straight to the eye. God that was hard to watch...

He's been so unlucky. I'd hate to see his injury luck if he ever came to the Avs.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesher View Post
Hodgson's second goal was beautiful.
Yes it was.

Hodgson for Kassian looks really bad for the Canucks.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
They finally found a way to protect Hossa from all those cheap shots he's been suffering from. Coach Q is genius.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:29 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Really? Fired for letting a 3rd liner walk?
Yes. Fired for letting a 3rd liner walk. They depleted their system of any worthwhile prospects/callups in the trades for Winnik/Galiardi and Burns. Now they're so desperate for forward depth they had to sign Scott Gomez off the scrap heap and have 31-year-old career minor leaguer Bracken Kearns filling in for Martin Havlat on their top six. On top of all this, they don't have anyone in their forward ranks who can play anything resembling a shutdown role. Winnik could at least help in that endeavor.

I'm just confused at what Wilson has been trying to do the past couple seasons. I think the window of opportunity for the Sharks has passed. They have some very tough decisions to make this offseason. If I'm Wilson I do a complete overhaul--jettison Thornton/Marleau, and try a quick rebuild centered around Couture/Pavelski.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:35 PM
detrude
(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Kevin Norris Shattenkirk with an ugly turnover that leads to a goal against. No idea what he was doing on that play.

E: and now it's tied.

E2: now the Kings are winning. They've been dominate this period. The Blues looked like the Avs on that goal, just awful coverage and positioning.

Last edited by detrude: 03-05-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old
03-06-2013, 10:18 AM
22FUTON9

dont know if this has been mentioned but im loving semins game now, and though some might disagree, i really think we should of gone after him during the summer.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:04 AM
marioni

Quote:
Originally Posted by detrude View Post
Kevin Norris Shattenkirk with an ugly turnover that leads to a goal against. No idea what he was doing on that play.

The Blues looked like the Avs on that goal, just awful coverage and positioning.
Blues defensive zone play has worsened considerably compared to last season. In some of the matches I've watched them, Pietrangelo is not playing anywhere near like he did last year.. main board hasnt figured this out yet though

Old
03-06-2013, 11:05 AM
marioni

Quote:
Originally Posted by col9duchie View Post
dont know if this has been mentioned but im loving semins game now, and though some might disagree, i really think we should of gone after him during the summer.
He's playing well, but I'm not so sure he'd play that well for us. He's out there with Eric Staal who's killing it right now every game..

Old
03-06-2013, 11:08 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioni View Post
Blues defensive zone play has worsened considerably compared to last season. In some of the matches I've watched them, Pietrangelo is not playing anywhere near like he did last year.. main board hasnt figured this out yet though
I agree. I am actually fairly disappointed with their defense this year. I though this was the year Pietrangelo was going to really take that step into the elite category, it hasn't happened quite yet. This year has furthered my beliefs that Shattenkirk is an excellent offensive defensemen, but will never be more than a #3. He might play on a top pairing, but he will always be a liability defensively in that spot.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:15 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Blues defensive core last year was overachievers, they still have some great talent and depth. But their defensemen are still young and learning and are not Cup contenders just yet.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Calgary will be good enough to postpone the rebuild and bad enough to make any noise in the post-season, should they make it that far.

Old
03-07-2013, 03:36 PM
bradrich99

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I agree. I am actually fairly disappointed with their defense this year. I though this was the year Pietrangelo was going to really take that step into the elite category, it hasn't happened quite yet. This year has furthered my beliefs that Shattenkirk is an excellent offensive defensemen, but will never be more than a #3. He might play on a top pairing, but he will always be a liability defensively in that spot.
No offense but this is getting silly. It is almost like having a girl dump you and then you go on and on about how she was ugly anyway...had a fat azz,..you didn't really like her...

If we are going to highlight every turnover the guy has just to somehow relieve the burn from getting absolutely fleeced in the deal, well that is sad.

Old
03-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradrich99 View Post
No offense but this is getting silly. It is almost like having a girl dump you and then you go on and on about how she was ugly anyway...had a fat azz,..you didn't really like her...

If we are going to highlight every turnover the guy has just to somehow relieve the burn from getting absolutely fleeced in the deal, well that is sad.
Hey, you do what you want with your ugly fat chick exes, and we'll do what we want with ours.

Old
03-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:

Awesome post.

Old
03-07-2013, 04:34 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioni View Post
He's playing well, but I'm not so sure he'd play that well for us. He's out there with Eric Staal who's killing it right now every game..
E. Staal is killing it right now because of Semin. Semin helped E. Staal bounce back, the first 10 games Semin looked better than Staal and was making all the chances happen. Now they're both feeding off each other.

Even hinting that Semin is leeching off of E. Staal is wrong.

Old
03-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 1100
Quote:

So we should just ignore O'Reilly and move on? Maybe have rebound sex with Getzlaf?

O'Reilly is getting paid well over what he deserves after holding out on the team. Of course he's going to take flak. And will continue to take it until such time as he wins the fans back over. It's on him now. I agree it's a little silly to snipe him for his performance so soon after his return, but I can promise you that if he doesn't turn it on by the end of season and into the next he's not going to be anyone's favorite squeeze.

Edit: Wait, we're talking about Shattenkirk? What the hell am I reading?

Last edited by Hennessy: 03-07-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old
03-07-2013, 05:03 PM
detrude
(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Quote:

Almost as sad as highlighting every point he scores to further the idea that we got fleeced. I can't speak for others but I've been calling the girl fat the entire relationship. Shattenkirk's defense has never been good. His offense is phenomenal, always has been in the NHL, but every time he has to carry his pair or step up in any way he falls flat. This was apparent when he played for us, and he only looked better with the Blues because they had a better team system. He's looked exposed this year, but he's still damn good offensively.

Old
03-07-2013, 05:05 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
Quote:

You should see our GDT's.

Old
03-07-2013, 05:43 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by detrude View Post
Almost as sad as highlighting every point he scores to further the idea that we got fleeced. I can't speak for others but I've been calling the girl fat the entire relationship. Shattenkirk's defense has never been good. His offense is phenomenal, always has been in the NHL, but every time he has to carry his pair or step up in any way he falls flat. This was apparent when he played for us, and he only looked better with the Blues because they had a better team system. He's looked exposed this year, but he's still damn good offensively.
So the projections of him being the next Rafalski are pretty much accurate.

Old
03-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Voracek is in such a ridiculous streak where everything he does results in a goal.

Old
03-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Flyers/Pens doing what the Flyers/Pens do.

4-3 Flyers with 11 mins left in the second period.

Old
03-07-2013, 07:32 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Flyers/Pens doing what the Flyers/Pens do.

4-3 Flyers with 11 mins left in the second period.
They seriously have the biggest momentum changers I have ever seen in hockey.

Old
03-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Unaffiliated

Hebron Sedin is so bad defensively

Just backed away from a CBJ player and let him walk into the slot and score an OT winner

Old
03-07-2013, 09:35 PM
The Shermanator
Knee Brace Season

BJ's win!

Can this thread be changed to the Tank watch thread?

Closed Thread