HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: ...Reticulating Splines...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-04-2013, 12:14 AM
  #851
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 33,689
vCash: 500
Now THIS is how to get dumped.


Jaded-Fan is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 01:52 AM
  #852
Iggy Smalls
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 438
vCash: 500
Even in college, basically no one (in my experiences) does their part on group projects. History class is at 9:30 am, it's nearly 2 am, and absolutely nothing from the efforts of three other students is evident on our powerpoint presentation that must last at a minimum of 10 minutes.

I can't believe 20 something year olds still believe as long as they come to class they're doing their part in being a good student. Grow up
They didn't even have the energy to put their own names on the first slide.

Iggy Smalls is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:48 AM
  #853
Mario_is_BACK!!
ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
 
Mario_is_BACK!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Charleston, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,089
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mario_is_BACK!! Send a message via MSN to Mario_is_BACK!!
I had a mild break down about a month ago. A ton of stuff piled up and after getting dumped it all spilled out. Now the sadness is gone but damn am I stressed.

Mario_is_BACK!! is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 01:13 PM
  #854
Hans Rutherford
Got Experience?
 
Hans Rutherford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,996
vCash: 500
This kills me everytime...


Hans Rutherford is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 02:47 PM
  #855
Zatch88
Im stumbling spheres
 
Zatch88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Johnstown
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 404
vCash: 500
anyone see this?

Zatch88 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 08:27 PM
  #856
Iggy Smalls
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 438
vCash: 500
So my group members didn't show up to class despite me emailing all of them that the project was finished. I literally made cheat sheets/notecards so they wouldn't look awful in front of the professor.

I don't even know what to say.

Iggy Smalls is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 08:38 PM
  #857
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 39,258
vCash: 500
I have found out that as weird as it feels, you have to look out for numero uno and **** everyone else. It took me a few years of college to realize this. When people didn't pull their weight my senior year of college, they were excluded from my group, and I never made an effort to help them.

Very rarely did that backfire. I had one professor that told me that I didn't know how to work within a team because I excluded a kid once. The rest of the professors respected my decision, and saw my side. I don't think it adversely affected my grades.

JTG is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 08:50 PM
  #858
Iggy Smalls
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I have found out that as weird as it feels, you have to look out for numero uno and **** everyone else. It took me a few years of college to realize this. When people didn't pull their weight my senior year of college, they were excluded from my group, and I never made an effort to help them.

Very rarely did that backfire. I had one professor that told me that I didn't know how to work within a team because I excluded a kid once. The rest of the professors respected my decision, and saw my side. I don't think it adversely affected my grades.
I'll definitely keep this in mind going forward- better to learn this sophomore year than say later on where it could really screw me over and drive me crazy. Thanks for the advice and that last bit regarding the professors respecting your opinion. Good to know.

Iggy Smalls is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 08:51 PM
  #859
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 35,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangBanged View Post
So my group members didn't show up to class despite me emailing all of them that the project was finished. I literally made cheat sheets/notecards so they wouldn't look awful in front of the professor.

I don't even know what to say.
people are the worst. I was lucky to be in a major with literally 6 of us so we all had to work together or pretty much have no friends

Ogrezilla is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 09:24 PM
  #860
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 39,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangBanged View Post
I'll definitely keep this in mind going forward- better to learn this sophomore year than say later on where it could really screw me over and drive me crazy. Thanks for the advice and that last bit regarding the professors respecting your opinion. Good to know.
The thing is, if you exclude someone from a group because they don't pull their weight, that's just not the real world. In the working world, if someone isn't pulling their weight, from my experience...they are like a hemorrhoid. They will always be around mooching off of everyone else's work. But what is also the real world is that there isn't an A, B, C, D or F. If you don't perform or pull your weight consistently like some kids do in college, you're fired (even though people don't get fired enough for poor effort, IMO). You don't get a bad grade.

It's a touchy issue because no one wants to be a tattle tale, but sometimes you have to be a whistle blower. You have to have balls and stand up for yourself. You're no one's slave.

JTG is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 06:04 PM
  #861
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 20,291
vCash: 500

__________________

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 01:21 AM
  #862
ColePens
Global Moderator
THE National Champs
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 36,933
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Any doctors in the house?

Something has to be wrong with me. I was prescribed Vicodin because my stupid wisdom teeth. 500mg, so not the strongest. But medicine just never does anything to me. I could take 1000mg of ibuprofen and it does zilch. I can double the dosage of Vicodin and it does nothing. I can also drink a red bull and a mt dew and go straight to bed. It is like my body does not react to anything. Even when people take nyquil to go to bed - i can do that and be up all night. It just has no effect.

What the hell is wrong with me?

edit: And I was a guy for like 20+ years who refused to take medicine. Now that i'm 27, I just figured to deal with it and take it.

ColePens is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:21 AM
  #863
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Iceland
Posts: 56,886
vCash: 50
My body is the same way...it takes a pot of coffee in the morning to act like a normal person does after one cup, I used to be able to drink everyone in college under the table without trying (my tolerance has lessened over the past year or two, but I'm still drinking towards a buzz when my friends are already drunk), and every time I've gone on a med it was a touch and feel basis for dosage. I think I've only ever stayed at the same dosage as originally prescribed for any medication I've actually had a refill on once in the past decade.

Still better to start out low and build up than start high and go down...I was put on a med about a year and a half ago that helped what it was meant to do, but it also raised by blood pressure by a solid 50 points.

__________________
“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:37 AM
  #864
clefty
What?
 
clefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Fujairah
Posts: 15,602
vCash: 500
Coffee is gross and is for people who enjoy things that are gross and make your teeth brown.

clefty is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:47 AM
  #865
Hans Rutherford
Got Experience?
 
Hans Rutherford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,996
vCash: 500
I can't really help you ColePens. But I was prescribed Vicodin a little bit ago and it didn't do much for me other than make me feel like ****. I'm the same way when it comes to caffeine, I can drink 10 cups of coffee and then take a nap.

But then I took a (prescribed) cyclobenzaprine (5mg) for back pain the other night, and it completely kicked my ass. And ended up sleeping like a baby that night.


Last edited by Hans Rutherford: 03-06-2013 at 03:55 AM.
Hans Rutherford is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:50 AM
  #866
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 35,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
Coffee is gross and is for people who enjoy things that are gross and make your teeth brown.
agreed

Ogrezilla is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:25 AM
  #867
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 39,258
vCash: 500
Coffee is the nectar of the Gods.

JTG is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:31 AM
  #868
ColePens
Global Moderator
THE National Champs
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 36,933
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatonBabies View Post
I can't really help you ColePens. But I was prescribed Vicodin a little bit ago and it didn't do much for me other than make me feel like ****. I'm the same way when it comes to caffeine, I can drink 10 cups of coffee and then take a nap.

But then I took a (prescribed) cyclobenzaprine (5mg) for back pain the other night, and it completely kicked my ass. And ended up sleeping like a baby that night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
My body is the same way...it takes a pot of coffee in the morning to act like a normal person does after one cup, I used to be able to drink everyone in college under the table without trying (my tolerance has lessened over the past year or two, but I'm still drinking towards a buzz when my friends are already drunk), and every time I've gone on a med it was a touch and feel basis for dosage. I think I've only ever stayed at the same dosage as originally prescribed for any medication I've actually had a refill on once in the past decade.

Still better to start out low and build up than start high and go down...I was put on a med about a year and a half ago that helped what it was meant to do, but it also raised by blood pressure by a solid 50 points.
I'm just glad I'm not the only one. I was getting pissed off because nothing has any affect on me. (effect? affect?)

What is cyclobenzaprine all about?

ColePens is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 10:23 AM
  #869
Shady Machine
Registered User
 
Shady Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 14,415
vCash: 500
Life is crazy. So a few months back I posted on here that my job was being outsourced to India. Well, the news had finally circulated throughout the company and in the last week I have had two finance managers approach me and offer me jobs in their departments. On top of that, I have only applied and interviewed at one other position outside the company and was just offered the position this morning. So in two weeks I go from being laid off this August to 3 job offers. Insanity.

Shady Machine is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 10:29 AM
  #870
ColePens
Global Moderator
THE National Champs
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 36,933
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
That's a damn good thing. Enjoy being laid off before accepting and going to that job. This is the last time you will have all the time in the world you want. But I guess at this point - you are sick of it.

ColePens is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 10:41 AM
  #871
Shady Machine
Registered User
 
Shady Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 14,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
That's a damn good thing. Enjoy being laid off before accepting and going to that job. This is the last time you will have all the time in the world you want. But I guess at this point - you are sick of it.
If only that were the case. So I'm getting laid off this coming August. They offered me 4 months severance and a retention bonus to stay since they would be screwed if I left before I trained the company in India on the job. I really wanted to work through August then start looking for jobs after a few weeks off but with this economy you never know. So no time off but still a great situation.

Shady Machine is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:47 PM
  #872
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 20,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Any doctors in the house?

Something has to be wrong with me. I was prescribed Vicodin because my stupid wisdom teeth. 500mg, so not the strongest. But medicine just never does anything to me. I could take 1000mg of ibuprofen and it does zilch. I can double the dosage of Vicodin and it does nothing. I can also drink a red bull and a mt dew and go straight to bed. It is like my body does not react to anything. Even when people take nyquil to go to bed - i can do that and be up all night. It just has no effect.

What the hell is wrong with me?

edit: And I was a guy for like 20+ years who refused to take medicine. Now that i'm 27, I just figured to deal with it and take it.
I'm the same way. I can't take Benadryl or I'm wide awake as well. A bit infuriating at times.

End of Line is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:58 PM
  #873
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!
 
MetalheadPenguinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,889
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Any doctors in the house?

Something has to be wrong with me. I was prescribed Vicodin because my stupid wisdom teeth. 500mg, so not the strongest. But medicine just never does anything to me. I could take 1000mg of ibuprofen and it does zilch. I can double the dosage of Vicodin and it does nothing. I can also drink a red bull and a mt dew and go straight to bed. It is like my body does not react to anything. Even when people take nyquil to go to bed - i can do that and be up all night. It just has no effect.

What the hell is wrong with me?

edit: And I was a guy for like 20+ years who refused to take medicine. Now that i'm 27, I just figured to deal with it and take it.
I'm the same way. Whether it's insane amounts of caffeine, booze, or most meds, I swear I'm immune to stuff.

Frustrates me because I'm poor and if I go out drinking it costs me an arm and a leg to get drunk.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:00 PM
  #874
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!
 
MetalheadPenguinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,889
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Coffee is the nectar of the Gods.
Damn right.

Although I've preffered espresso more lately. There's a place in the mall here that makes awesome triple shots of it.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:47 PM
  #875
Sideline
Registered User
 
Sideline's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
I'm the same way. Whether it's insane amounts of caffeine, booze, or most meds, I swear I'm immune to stuff.

Frustrates me because I'm poor and if I go out drinking it costs me an arm and a leg to get drunk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
Damn right.

Although I've preffered espresso more lately. There's a place in the mall here that makes awesome triple shots of it.
These two posts reminded me of my favorite 11:30 drink: the pick me up. Bailey's on the rocks with a shot of espresso dumped in.

Sideline is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.