HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: ...Reticulating Splines...

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2013, 12:14 AM
Jaded-Fan

vCash: 500
Now THIS is how to get dumped.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:52 AM
Iggy Smalls

Even in college, basically no one (in my experiences) does their part on group projects. History class is at 9:30 am, it's nearly 2 am, and absolutely nothing from the efforts of three other students is evident on our powerpoint presentation that must last at a minimum of 10 minutes.

I can't believe 20 something year olds still believe as long as they come to class they're doing their part in being a good student. Grow up
They didn't even have the energy to put their own names on the first slide.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:48 AM
Mario_is_BACK!!
ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mario_is_BACK!! Send a message via MSN to Mario_is_BACK!!
I had a mild break down about a month ago. A ton of stuff piled up and after getting dumped it all spilled out. Now the sadness is gone but damn am I stressed.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:13 PM
Hans Rutherford
Got Experience?

This kills me everytime...

Old
03-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Zatch88
Im stumbling spheres

anyone see this?

Old
03-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Iggy Smalls

So my group members didn't show up to class despite me emailing all of them that the project was finished. I literally made cheat sheets/notecards so they wouldn't look awful in front of the professor.

I don't even know what to say.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:38 PM
JTG

I have found out that as weird as it feels, you have to look out for numero uno and **** everyone else. It took me a few years of college to realize this. When people didn't pull their weight my senior year of college, they were excluded from my group, and I never made an effort to help them.

Very rarely did that backfire. I had one professor that told me that I didn't know how to work within a team because I excluded a kid once. The rest of the professors respected my decision, and saw my side. I don't think it adversely affected my grades.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Iggy Smalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I have found out that as weird as it feels, you have to look out for numero uno and **** everyone else. It took me a few years of college to realize this. When people didn't pull their weight my senior year of college, they were excluded from my group, and I never made an effort to help them.

Very rarely did that backfire. I had one professor that told me that I didn't know how to work within a team because I excluded a kid once. The rest of the professors respected my decision, and saw my side. I don't think it adversely affected my grades.
I'll definitely keep this in mind going forward- better to learn this sophomore year than say later on where it could really screw me over and drive me crazy. Thanks for the advice and that last bit regarding the professors respecting your opinion. Good to know.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangBanged View Post
So my group members didn't show up to class despite me emailing all of them that the project was finished. I literally made cheat sheets/notecards so they wouldn't look awful in front of the professor.

I don't even know what to say.
people are the worst. I was lucky to be in a major with literally 6 of us so we all had to work together or pretty much have no friends

Old
03-04-2013, 09:24 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangBanged View Post
I'll definitely keep this in mind going forward- better to learn this sophomore year than say later on where it could really screw me over and drive me crazy. Thanks for the advice and that last bit regarding the professors respecting your opinion. Good to know.
The thing is, if you exclude someone from a group because they don't pull their weight, that's just not the real world. In the working world, if someone isn't pulling their weight, from my experience...they are like a hemorrhoid. They will always be around mooching off of everyone else's work. But what is also the real world is that there isn't an A, B, C, D or F. If you don't perform or pull your weight consistently like some kids do in college, you're fired (even though people don't get fired enough for poor effort, IMO). You don't get a bad grade.

It's a touchy issue because no one wants to be a tattle tale, but sometimes you have to be a whistle blower. You have to have balls and stand up for yourself. You're no one's slave.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:04 PM
End of Line
Human After All

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
03-06-2013, 01:21 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
THE National Champs

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Any doctors in the house?

Something has to be wrong with me. I was prescribed Vicodin because my stupid wisdom teeth. 500mg, so not the strongest. But medicine just never does anything to me. I could take 1000mg of ibuprofen and it does zilch. I can double the dosage of Vicodin and it does nothing. I can also drink a red bull and a mt dew and go straight to bed. It is like my body does not react to anything. Even when people take nyquil to go to bed - i can do that and be up all night. It just has no effect.

What the hell is wrong with me?

edit: And I was a guy for like 20+ years who refused to take medicine. Now that i'm 27, I just figured to deal with it and take it.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:21 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 50
My body is the same way...it takes a pot of coffee in the morning to act like a normal person does after one cup, I used to be able to drink everyone in college under the table without trying (my tolerance has lessened over the past year or two, but I'm still drinking towards a buzz when my friends are already drunk), and every time I've gone on a med it was a touch and feel basis for dosage. I think I've only ever stayed at the same dosage as originally prescribed for any medication I've actually had a refill on once in the past decade.

Still better to start out low and build up than start high and go down...I was put on a med about a year and a half ago that helped what it was meant to do, but it also raised by blood pressure by a solid 50 points.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
03-06-2013, 03:37 AM
clefty
What?

Coffee is gross and is for people who enjoy things that are gross and make your teeth brown.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:47 AM
Hans Rutherford
Got Experience?

I can't really help you ColePens. But I was prescribed Vicodin a little bit ago and it didn't do much for me other than make me feel like ****. I'm the same way when it comes to caffeine, I can drink 10 cups of coffee and then take a nap.

But then I took a (prescribed) cyclobenzaprine (5mg) for back pain the other night, and it completely kicked my ass. And ended up sleeping like a baby that night.

Last edited by Hans Rutherford: 03-06-2013 at 03:55 AM.
Old
03-06-2013, 05:50 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
Coffee is gross and is for people who enjoy things that are gross and make your teeth brown.
agreed

Old
03-06-2013, 08:25 AM
JTG

Coffee is the nectar of the Gods.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:31 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
THE National Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatonBabies View Post
I can't really help you ColePens. But I was prescribed Vicodin a little bit ago and it didn't do much for me other than make me feel like ****. I'm the same way when it comes to caffeine, I can drink 10 cups of coffee and then take a nap.

But then I took a (prescribed) cyclobenzaprine (5mg) for back pain the other night, and it completely kicked my ass. And ended up sleeping like a baby that night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
My body is the same way...it takes a pot of coffee in the morning to act like a normal person does after one cup, I used to be able to drink everyone in college under the table without trying (my tolerance has lessened over the past year or two, but I'm still drinking towards a buzz when my friends are already drunk), and every time I've gone on a med it was a touch and feel basis for dosage. I think I've only ever stayed at the same dosage as originally prescribed for any medication I've actually had a refill on once in the past decade.

Still better to start out low and build up than start high and go down...I was put on a med about a year and a half ago that helped what it was meant to do, but it also raised by blood pressure by a solid 50 points.
I'm just glad I'm not the only one. I was getting pissed off because nothing has any affect on me. (effect? affect?)

What is cyclobenzaprine all about?

Old
03-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Shady Machine

Life is crazy. So a few months back I posted on here that my job was being outsourced to India. Well, the news had finally circulated throughout the company and in the last week I have had two finance managers approach me and offer me jobs in their departments. On top of that, I have only applied and interviewed at one other position outside the company and was just offered the position this morning. So in two weeks I go from being laid off this August to 3 job offers. Insanity.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:29 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
THE National Champs

That's a damn good thing. Enjoy being laid off before accepting and going to that job. This is the last time you will have all the time in the world you want. But I guess at this point - you are sick of it.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
That's a damn good thing. Enjoy being laid off before accepting and going to that job. This is the last time you will have all the time in the world you want. But I guess at this point - you are sick of it.
If only that were the case. So I'm getting laid off this coming August. They offered me 4 months severance and a retention bonus to stay since they would be screwed if I left before I trained the company in India on the job. I really wanted to work through August then start looking for jobs after a few weeks off but with this economy you never know. So no time off but still a great situation.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:47 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:

Something has to be wrong with me. I was prescribed Vicodin because my stupid wisdom teeth. 500mg, so not the strongest. But medicine just never does anything to me. I could take 1000mg of ibuprofen and it does zilch. I can double the dosage of Vicodin and it does nothing. I can also drink a red bull and a mt dew and go straight to bed. It is like my body does not react to anything. Even when people take nyquil to go to bed - i can do that and be up all night. It just has no effect.

edit: And I was a guy for like 20+ years who refused to take medicine. Now that i'm 27, I just figured to deal with it and take it.
I'm the same way. I can't take Benadryl or I'm wide awake as well. A bit infuriating at times.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:58 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:

I'm the same way. Whether it's insane amounts of caffeine, booze, or most meds, I swear I'm immune to stuff.

Frustrates me because I'm poor and if I go out drinking it costs me an arm and a leg to get drunk.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:00 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Coffee is the nectar of the Gods.
Damn right.

Although I've preffered espresso more lately. There's a place in the mall here that makes awesome triple shots of it.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Sideline

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
I'm the same way. Whether it's insane amounts of caffeine, booze, or most meds, I swear I'm immune to stuff.

Frustrates me because I'm poor and if I go out drinking it costs me an arm and a leg to get drunk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
Damn right.

Although I've preffered espresso more lately. There's a place in the mall here that makes awesome triple shots of it.
These two posts reminded me of my favorite 11:30 drink: the pick me up. Bailey's on the rocks with a shot of espresso dumped in.

Closed Thread