HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Krueger

Old
03-02-2013, 08:10 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
My big beef with our coaching situation is this. They didn't like Rennie, moved him along and kept his top assistant, the other assistants (whom I think are just massively weak) and then we added no one, with Kruger saying 'We don't need another guy, I can always talk to MacT for advice.'

The whole organization is made up of guys no other team would want.
Well, we did have some solid folks on the coaching staff. Huddy has been working every year since the Oilers let him go and the most successful organization in the NHL over the past 20 years, the Detroit Red Wings, scooped up Renney in the summer. Also, didn't Steve Smith work in the Blackhawks organization before coming over here? I might be wrong...

But yeah, Buchberger is a fool. By most accounts the players that he had in Springfield weren't big fans... but of course nepotism reigned and he was promoted.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Well, we did have some solid folks on the coaching staff. Huddy has been working every year since the Oilers let him go and the most successful organization in the NHL over the past 20 years, the Detroit Red Wings, scooped up Renney in the summer. Also, didn't Steve Smith work in the Blackhawks organization before coming over here? I might be wrong...

But yeah, Buchberger is a fool. By most accounts the players that he had in Springfield weren't big fans... but of course nepotism reigned and he was promoted.
Yeah we let go of huddy who was good and renney was scooped up quick by detroit. Smith was a scout for the hawks and had one year as assistant for calgary. Just a very weak assistant tandem.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Yeah we let go of huddy who was good and renney was scooped up quick by detroit. Smith was a scout for the hawks and had one year as assistant for calgary. Just a very weak assistant tandem.
I'm still at a loss about Huddy's dismissal.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:45 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 50
Quote:
People wanted change, they got it...

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:54 PM
BadMedicine*

Fire the system and the people supporting it. The system sucks and we have used it here for decades unsucessfully, unless we all grab torches and pitchforks and storm the Castle Gates at Midnight we will NEVER see anyone with the guts to demand change and provide a better alternative. Katz is in the dark totally unfortunately, he is sold on the old structure we have had here, he was flamboozeled, and he doesnt have a better alternative to turn to if he does use his ownership weight to demand a system change.

We have pros here on every level, but they are not managed at all, they are a group of independant operators who all agree to show up and do enough together to earn their pay cheques. A total system change would show us how many are flexible enough to take this team to championship levels of play, obviously we are not anywhere near that or even on the path with the existing system and multi-decade record of its failing results.

Flush this system and keep everyone and do it right now so we can work out some wrinkles before next year, maybe even make some major managment decisions.

BadMedicine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:17 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
People wanted change, they got it...
Oilers fans were in agreement that Huddy was the only coach who deserved to retain his job that off-season.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Part of the old boys club that everyone wanted flushed.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:47 AM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMedicine View Post
Fire the system and the people supporting it. The system sucks and we have used it here for decades unsucessfully, unless we all grab torches and pitchforks and storm the Castle Gates at Midnight we will NEVER see anyone with the guts to demand change and provide a better alternative. Katz is in the dark totally unfortunately, he is sold on the old structure we have had here, he was flamboozeled, and he doesnt have a better alternative to turn to if he does use his ownership weight to demand a system change.

We have pros here on every level, but they are not managed at all, they are a group of independant operators who all agree to show up and do enough together to earn their pay cheques. A total system change would show us how many are flexible enough to take this team to championship levels of play, obviously we are not anywhere near that or even on the path with the existing system and multi-decade record of its failing results.

Flush this system and keep everyone and do it right now so we can work out some wrinkles before next year, maybe even make some major managment decisions.

If you do something as drastic as flush an entire system, then you flush pretty well everyone in it, since they were hired as being compatible with that system. Does your solution include flushing Joey Moss, the anthem singer, and that nice usher I talk to every 2nd game as well?

Old
03-05-2013, 09:25 PM
#ualberta

I promised myself i wouldn't go looking for the fire krueger thread, but he is just not helping his cause.

We had a pp in OT what does our special teams expert do? Puts the same four forwards on the full two mins
89, 83, 93, and 14 got the whole OT powerplay meanwhile a hot prv as well as Hall and J schultz and yakupov sat on the bench, Hemsky wouldn't shoot the puck today you might blame hemsky i also blame hemsky but i partially blame Krueger too.
I am sad to say Tom Renney got a better effort out of this group, Kruegs has clearly lost the attention of the team.

I couldn't care less how many coaches we have had in what span of time. Some people need to lose their jobs this off season.

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:31 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
If you do something as drastic as flush an entire system, then you flush pretty well everyone in it, since they were hired as being compatible with that system. Does your solution include flushing Joey Moss, the anthem singer, and that nice usher I talk to every 2nd game as well?
I'd personally fight anyone who tried to fire JM!! We could use a new anthem singer though since PL retired. The ushers are all employed by northlands I believe so they wouldn't be part of the cuts? The octane girls can stay to I guess since they do their job. Everyone else can go.

raab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:10 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
Quote:
The Anthem singer has gotta go

I turn off the internet feed whenever she tries to sing

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:15 PM
alexo

Way off topic now, but I think Samantha King is pretty good. I don't know what people have against her. We had that one floosie briefly (as someone else eloquently put it, loooked like she was hired at the Nisku Inn), but I like King's singing.

alexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:22 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
The Anthem singer has gotta go

I turn off the internet feed whenever she tries to sing
I agree, I want us to look long and hard for a good one. Hoping we could find someone like this guy.

raab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:29 PM
#ualberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
I agree, I want us to look long and hard for a good one. Hoping we could find someone like this guy.

Stupid chicago why they gotta be perfect at everything
Ryan whitney for that guy straight up

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:33 PM
BlueChip01
HFBoards Sponsor

Don't blame Ralph look at what he is dealing with!

BlueChip01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:35 PM
ohheyhemsky

vCash: 50
This "don't blame Kreuger" crap is unwarranted.

His line matching is retarded, he doesn't understand chemistry, or when to use certain players.

Does any of this sound familiar?

He should of just ****ing stayed as an assistant.

ohheyhemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:15 AM
Ovechking

vCash: 1355
gagner-eberle work terrible together. nuge-hemsky work terrible together. it took me 1 period to learn that. krueger just has no idea what's going on.

Ovechking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:30 AM
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C

I love how Yak scored an OT PP goal against Phoenix and now he doesn't see the Power play in OT at all

some reward

that and the fact other than Gagner, no one has gotten better individually on this club

The Last Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Stoneman89

Love to bring back threads like this one. Brings to light some humility and lack of patience amoungst certain individuals.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Simpleheart

Quote:
Love to bring back threads like this one. Brings to light some humility and lack of patience amoungst certain individuals.
don't worry, it'll be back in force when we lose 3-1 to a playoff team.

Simpleheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Koto

krueger has a tough time ruining games when were up 3+.

he could improve his effort though, smyth and petrell should definitely be getting double shifted to "shut the game down" in the 3rd, would have made last night more interesting anyway

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
I am sad to say Tom Renney got a better effort out of this group, Kruegs has clearly lost the attention of the team.

I couldn't care less how many coaches we have had in what span of time. Some people need to lose their jobs this off season.
Yup, sure looks like Krueger has clearly lost the attention of the team. That's why they're in the playoff hunt today.

Master Lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
Yup, sure looks like Krueger has clearly lost the attention of the team. That's why they're in the playoff hunt today.
You mean by waking up out of his slumber and putting the kids back together again and actually learning not to try and protect a 1 goal lead and learning the value of a puck mover like whitney even with his foibles?

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Hockey Buddha
Darnell Nurse

Quote:
We've lost a few quality coaches over the past few years. Losing Huddy is one that bothers me as well. Smith is doing a good job coaching the defense.

Hockey Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:46 AM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
This team also went on a 5 game losing streak. and won like 4 out of 18.
The fact that we are even in the playoff hunt is amazing.

Outside the last 2 1/2 weeks for Mr.Hall the kids have performed worse under Krueger.

If this team loses 3 in a row this thread will be back up and running again just like how it is after a winning streak.

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote