HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CoHo and a bunch of bums

Old
03-05-2013, 11:57 PM
Jame
Dream '16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
My opinion on both are this. If you have poor core leadership neither player would be good on your team. If you have strong core leadership both players would be good.

The Sabres core leadership is ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Because he is surrounded by a strong core leadership. If kane was surrounded by Stafford, Vanek, Pominville, and Myers, he would absolutely not be the same guy. Unless you think the Sabres leadership are just as strong as the Hawks.

I think it's different here.
you're right

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Squantosawuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogilny 89 View Post
Trade Stafford for whatever his market value is right now. No idea what that is, but I'd shop him and take the best offer.

He's never going to be a consistent scoring winger and is just taking up space. I can't wait to be rid of him. He's as big a part of what's wrong with this team as anyone. He has been for years.
The dreaded Rochester Core strikes again!

Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:00 AM
drinking bleach irl
don't be so serious

vCash: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
change of scenery
i win
the end
<3

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:02 AM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
you're right

So you say this "completely agree. i said "goal" a moment before he released it.

i was baffled when most on this board wanted nothing to do with him in the offseason when he was a free agent.

stereotypes"

And completly contradict yourself? ...

Thanks...I'll be sure not to take you serious anymore...

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:05 AM
Have My Baby Pierre

Imagine if Kane was Russian

Have My Baby Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:08 AM
dma0034

*gets the popcorn*

dma0034 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:09 AM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Despite the obvious with his goal....

How did Brennan look tonight? ..

Did he earn another start?

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:14 AM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post

Didn't look out of place. Probably his best game as a Pro.

He actually hit the net too.

dma0034 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:18 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
Didn't look out of place. Probably his best game as a Pro.

He actually hit the net too.
He was hitting the net more times than not for once. 4 shots on goal, 2 attempts blocked, 1 missed shot. Didn't really pay attention to his defense...but I'd guess he got sheltered.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:23 AM
McTank

I would try
V-H-P
Hoff-Brennan
For PP1, hoff gotta be better on the point than pommers, and why not give coho a shot on top unit with his impressive play as of late

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:50 AM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Curious to why Enroth didn't play. I wonder if he's looked that bad In Practice and game simulations (scrimmages) like Jesus idk. Because Rolston does seem like a second chance guy. And I'm kinda liking Flynn that speed is Awesome to have. Would be nice to see Hecht scratched if leino comes back anytime.

Curious where Folingo's head is at I think he just needs one to go in. I'm still rootin for a push to 8th.

I hate skinner, Semin looks like a new player, Regehr is useless.

We get no help offensively from our d....

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:51 AM
SabresBillsBuffalo

B- Pominville is not a captain quality player.
Vanek clearly isn't 100%

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:22 AM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Hodgson is a #1 center. If he can become better defensively, he could become a top 10 center in the entire league. I'm so happy with how he's turning out right now. That goal tonight.... wow.

Vanek looks slow and in pain. He's obviously hurting.

Miller is tired, and it's showing.

Foligno is lost, though he made a very nice play behind the net that Flynn SHOULD have scored on, but other than that...

Ott is a beast.

Myers looked a bit better this game. I don't know.

Sekera is struggling a bit with Regehr, imo.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:42 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Miller is a head case. It seemed like the Semin shot was the first shot in fourteen minutes; of course it would beat him.

Mad they get

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:44 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
Hodgson is a #1 center. If he can become better defensively, he could become a top 10 center in the entire league. I'm so happy with how he's turning out right now. That goal tonight.... wow.

Vanek looks slow and in pain. He's obviously hurting.

Miller is tired, and it's showing.

Foligno is lost, though he made a very nice play behind the net that Flynn SHOULD have scored on, but other than that...

Ott is a beast.

Myers looked a bit better this game. I don't know.

Sekera is struggling a bit with Regehr, imo.
When is it okay to criticize Vanek, who looked invisible in the four games prior to his injury? He of the one goal in his last 10 games, what have you?

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:01 AM
dire wolf
be cool

Myers looked ok in the offensive zone, but there were numerous occasions when his terrible decision-making and tentativeness were responsible for getting us hemmed in our own zone when the puck should have been easily cleared. Watch the video on the 1st goal, for example. Myers had a great opportunity to move the puck up the ice but got pinned in his corner. He does that several times every game.

Cody rocks!

Vanek has to make that layup. He put no zip on it at all.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 06:52 AM
RazielMoshman
Ever hopeful

Is giving Miller a night off banned? I know ride the hot goalie but I'd never think i'd miss Ruffs handling of goalie's, this is absurd. Before anyone says it of course Enroth will lose his next start, he hasn't played since, well, god knows how long.

How about we send him down or conditioning and get Leggio to back up Miller for a couple of games?

Didn't see the game but Hodgson looked awesome in the bits I did see. Really like this kid more and more.

RazielMoshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Zip15

vCash: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignofortheCalder View Post
why does it always work out that as soon as we score they let one right in too? how are we ever supposed to keep a lead or maintain momentum if they slack off after scoring and allow one by them?
Because, like the organization as a whole, they rest on their laurels at the first glimpse of something positive. No killer instinct anywhere in this organization. Short bursts of good are good enough for these guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearegodawful View Post

B:
-forgettable game for mr. miller.
-hate to say it, but this team really needs ville.
-i hate kevin porter.
One of the fascinating subplots of this season is how Leino's star has risen to so many people based on little more than a scrimmage performance and the mere fact he hasn't yet participated in this ****show of a team. How quickly people forget how poor he was last season. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearegodawful View Post
The dude came to Buffalo from an offensively stacked Philly team and played one season under Lindy Ruff. On top of that, they expected him to play center. Don't write him off yet. He has talent.

Can you honestly tell me you wouldn't want Leino in the lineup over Porter? Flynn? Hell, Stafford?
I can honestly tell you I think he'll make little, if any, difference to this team. He won't fix the defensive breakdowns, which is the biggest problem for team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Gleason View Post
Far be it from the Sabres board to be against a player for perceived attitude though. They'd never settle for a lesser player in exchange. No sir.
I laughed.

Quote:

Contrary to the other poster, I thought he looked pedestrian or worse outside his goal. As another poster stated, he got his shot on goal more tonight, which is a plus. But he doesn't have the defensive chops to be a full-time defensemen in this league, and his one NHL skill isn't good enough to override that fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Miller is a head case. It seemed like the Semin shot was the first shot in fourteen minutes; of course it would beat him.

Mad they get
I'm surprised Miller is getting so much flak for the Semin goal. It was a beautiful snipe to the upper-90. Seemingly, that's how Semin scores about 80% of his goals. I was far more disturbed by the third goal.

:shrug:

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:16 AM
RattleYourSabre

Are some people down on Flynn because he's not a "name" player? It's interesting to me... He's not our best player by any means, but every time I see him on the ice I see him hustling after the puck and trying to keep it in our end, or putting a feed across ice that's whiffed on and taken away... Or getting a decent chance. He had one last night that was tough and almost snuck it 5-hole on Peters. Peters made a solid save.

I've been impressed with Flynn in Buffalo. Almost more so than Flynn in Rochester. He's playing against really good competition and he's bringing the same attributes he always has: Hustle, effort, determination. He's something this team needed. He's not scoring, but he's been at the very least decent.

I'm more worried about Foligno, Stafford, Hecht and to some extent Porter than I am Flynn.

Though, I think Foligno can recover fairly easily.

RattleYourSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Zip15

vCash: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleYourSabre View Post
Are some people down on Flynn because he's not a "name" player? It's interesting to me... He's not our best player by any means, but every time I see him on the ice I see him hustling after the puck and trying to keep it in our end, or putting a feed across ice that's whiffed on and taken away... Or getting a decent chance. He had one last night that was tough and almost snuck it 5-hole on Peters. Peters made a solid save.

I've been impressed with Flynn in Buffalo. Almost more so than Flynn in Rochester. He's playing against really good competition and he's bringing the same attributes he always has: Hustle, effort, determination. He's something this team needed. He's not scoring, but he's been at the very least decent.

I'm more worried about Foligno, Stafford, Hecht and to some extent Porter than I am Flynn.

Though, I think Foligno can recover fairly easily.
I've liked Flynn, as well. Foligno-Porter-Flynn was by far the best line during the first two periods last night. If Marcus had any finish to him, they could've scored at least a goal and maybe two. Porter and Flynn have speed, and the team is sorely lacking that.

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:37 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Flynn has done well with this recall -- the speed and current tenacity is a breath of fresh air given the disinterested slow-pokes almost everywhere on the roster. No issues and had no concerns with the recall. Glad one of their prospect UFA signings is something other than ECHL filler, honestly...

03-06-2013, 09:56 AM
AmerksPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Flynn has done well with this recall -- the speed and current tenacity is a breath of fresh air given the disinterested slow-pokes almost everywhere on the roster. No issues and had no concerns with the recall. Glad one of their prospect UFA signings is something other than ECHL filler, honestly...
I couldn't agree more, I really liked him in Rochester as well. Defesively he is very responsible and he has been creating a lot of scoring chances up front. I think the scoring will start to come- I hope he gets the chance , although with Leino and Leopold probably coming back soon he may get sent back down...

AmerksPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
So you say this "completely agree. i said "goal" a moment before he released it.

i was baffled when most on this board wanted nothing to do with him in the offseason when he was a free agent.

stereotypes"

And completly contradict yourself? ...

Thanks...I'll be sure not to take you serious anymore...
yes, i am capable of recognizing when someone makes a good point.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:55 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
completely agree. i said "goal" a moment before he released it.

stereotypes
The problem with most hockey fans, is if somebody somewhere says they don't try really hard or insinuates they aren't a good leader, then no matter how skilled they are we want nothing to do with them.

(See: Trade & FA Thread).

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:00 AM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleYourSabre View Post
Good:
-Cody
-Grigorenko
-Flynn

Bad:
-Miller let in a few easy ones
-Foligno for screening Miller and missed opportunities
-Vanek not getting the puck in a wide open net.

Ugly:
-the fact that Enroth hasn't played speaks a lot for how the team feels about his ability, seeing how Miller has to be exhausted.

Flynn has looked good. Seems to be getting up to speed each game he plays. I expect him or porter to chip a goal in within the next game or 2.

Foligno....well....what can you say.....needs to really skate harder and the rest will come because right now he looks like a minor leaguer.

imyourhuckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote