HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bruins Scouting Ryane Clowe (Clowe Available?)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2013, 01:26 AM
  #1
Zdeno33Lucic
Registered User
 
Zdeno33Lucic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In The Cup
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 4114
Bruins Scouting Ryane Clowe (Clowe Available?)

https://twitter.com/KKurzCSN/status/309165266267422721

Quote:
@KKurzCSN
Lots of Eastern Conference scouts at the game again tonight, including Boston, who some think are scouting Ryane Clowe. #SJSharks

YES! YES! YES! Please!


What do the sharks want?

Zdeno33Lucic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:27 AM
  #2
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Well, what are you willing to give up?

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:27 AM
  #3
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Ryan Clowe leaving SJ?

Quote:
@KKurzCSN
Lots of Eastern Conference scouts at the game again tonight, including Boston, who some think are scouting Ryane Clowe. #SJSharks
I live in the BA but don't really pay attention to the Sharks. I know the fans LOVE him, well most fans I know. From what I have seen he hasn't had a good season.

From what I have seen on twitter IF Boston was one of the suitors it could take a mid round round pick and a prospect to get him.

I wonder what other SJ players are being scouted. SJ isn't really doing that badly wonder why all the scouts.

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:28 AM
  #4
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,867
vCash: 300
I don't think Clowe is the Bruins' 3rd line solution.

6 points this season. No goals through 19 games. Seems to have slowed down significantly, although I believe he's been recovering from a recent injury.

I don't think it would take a lot, honestly.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:28 AM
  #5
Zdeno33Lucic
Registered User
 
Zdeno33Lucic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In The Cup
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 4114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Well, what are you willing to give up?
Prospects (spooner, knight, koko) 1st rounder, 2nd, 3rd, kelly, peverley, ference, boychuck


Those are parts i think bruins are trading away

Zdeno33Lucic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:31 AM
  #6
Zdeno33Lucic
Registered User
 
Zdeno33Lucic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In The Cup
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 4114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
I live in the BA but don't really pay attention to the Sharks. I know the fans LOVE him, well most fans I know. From what I have seen he hasn't had a good season.

From what I have seen on twitter IF Boston was one of the suitors it could take a mid round round pick and a prospect to get him.

I wonder what other SJ players are being scouted. SJ isn't really doing that badly wonder why all the scouts.

4th + knight for clowe


Horton, 1st, boychuck, knight for clowe, vlasic

Zdeno33Lucic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:32 AM
  #7
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Like I suggested in the Bruins topic

I would say a 2nd or/and a 3rd plus some sort of mixture of mid level prospects

and no to

Quote:
Horton, 1st, boychuck, knight for clowe, vlasic

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:33 AM
  #8
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,867
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie27Seguin19 View Post
4th + knight for clowe


Horton, 1st, boychuck, knight for clowe, vlasic


You guys are still 14-3-3. I don't think Chiarelli would move two solid NHLers for a slight upgrade at D. The Bruins have a very good record with Horton in the lineup.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:33 AM
  #9
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I don't think Clowe is the Bruins' 3rd line solution.

6 points this season. No goals through 19 games. Seems to have slowed down significantly, although I believe he's been recovering from a recent injury.

I don't think it would take a lot, honestly.
Apparently, he has been dealing with multiple injuries this season. He has looked better recently and has been snake bitten. He has had great chances but hasn't finished.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:33 AM
  #10
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,132
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie27Seguin19 View Post
4th + knight for clowe


Horton, 1st, boychuck, knight for clowe, vlasic
that's god awful.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:34 AM
  #11
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,195
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie27Seguin19 View Post
4th + knight for clowe


Horton, 1st, boychuck, knight for clowe, vlasic
Vlasic is not even close to going anywhere barring a young 1st line forward coming back.

As for Clowe, he's playing through a significant injury. No idea why they don't just sit him down, but I assume it's because they're trying to trade him.

Regardless of his lack of production (mostly driven by ****** percentages), he's still worth a late first or a B+ prospect at the deadline. Spooner would be a guy I like.

Clowe had two great chances tonight, but the goaltenders stoned him. It's just been that kind of year. He's not even close to my favorite player, but I have to feel for him with the rotten luck he's getting.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:36 AM
  #12
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,867
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Apparently, he has been dealing with multiple injuries this season. He has looked better recently and has been snake bitten. He has had great chances but hasn't finished.
Thanks, good to know.

Well, I actually think the Rangers would have a slight bit of interest. They really could use a center or RH shooting defenseman more, but he'd be a nice addition to a 3rd line with Miller and Callahan. Or he could be the board player on a line with Gaborik/Richards - an upgrade on Taylor Pyatt offensively, for sure.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:36 AM
  #13
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie27Seguin19 View Post
Prospects (spooner, knight, koko) 1st rounder, 2nd, 3rd, kelly, peverley, ference, boychuck


Those are parts i think bruins are trading away
Honestly, it doesn't really make sense to trade Clowe for picks/prospects if we are in the playoff hunt. We also don't need defense. That leaves Peverley and Kelly who I think DW would be interested

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:38 AM
  #14
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
that's god awful.
Yup

IDK much about Vlasic but looking at the last post about him he is good but if we're trading defenseman we should be trading Ference. JB has had bad games this season but I prefer him over Ference

and at this point Horton for Clowe plus us adding in a 1st and Knight?

NO

I would say if we did trade for Clowe make the lines

Lucic-DK-Seguin
Marchand-Bergeron-Horton
Clowe-Kelly-Pevs
Merlot

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:39 AM
  #15
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,195
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Thanks, good to know.

Well, I actually think the Rangers would have a slight bit of interest. They really could use a center or RH shooting defenseman more, but he'd be a nice addition to a 3rd line with Miller and Callahan. Or he could be the board player on a line with Gaborik/Richards - an upgrade on Taylor Pyatt offensively, for sure.
Supposedly, the Rangers were interested in acquiring him at the last draft and there was serious negotiations going on about him, but it fell through.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:39 AM
  #16
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Honestly, it doesn't really make sense to trade Clowe for picks/prospects if we are in the playoff hunt. We also don't need defense. That leaves Peverley and Kelly who I think DW would be interested
Yup that's what I was saying you guys are in 5th why are soooo many scouts at your game?

Kelly has a NTC I believe
Peverley I am not sure of

trading one of them for Clowe wouldn't really solve any issues we need help on the 3rd line we don't need to just swap players.

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:45 AM
  #17
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,867
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Supposedly, the Rangers were interested in acquiring him at the last draft and there was serious negotiations going on about him, but it fell through.
Wow, really? Never heard that before. I know the Rangers tried to strike a deal for J. Staal at the draft, along with the Nash saga that was going on at the time, but those were the only two big names I remember hearing talked about.

If I had to guess, I think the Sharks tried to pry Hagelin but Sather wouldn't budge.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:51 AM
  #18
Al Swearengen
Smug Nation National
 
Al Swearengen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,227
vCash: 500
For what its worth, I watched Clowe in the Canucks game tonight, and he looked pretty sloppy in a few puck battles, which is an area he used to excel in. Tough dude though, and I can see why you might want him. Tiny sample size, just something I saw.

Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:53 AM
  #19
sweHockeypunk21
Registered User
 
sweHockeypunk21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: CALI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 882
vCash: 500
The only two scenarios I'd trade Clowe:
1) For a mid-first round pick (If we are out of playoff contention)
2) For younger a speedy, shoot first top-6 forward (Can package other pieces to make it happen)

Now that Clowe's play is picking up again as a favorite of mine it would be tough to see him go. I know I have been dangling him around but it would have to be at the right price.

sweHockeypunk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:54 AM
  #20
hohosaregood
Drunken Snacking
 
hohosaregood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,801
vCash: 500
Sharks have a lot of bottom 6 players as well, some with some potential left, so I think one of them would get packaged alongside Clowe. Maybe Galiardi, since it seems like TMac doesn't like him

hohosaregood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:57 AM
  #21
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,986
vCash: 500
I dont think the Rangers/Sharks make good trading partners, but for the hell of it, what do you want for Clowe?

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 03:03 AM
  #22
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle
 
smackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,682
vCash: 500
Tamblow better be on this like white on rice.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 03:04 AM
  #23
Vikingstad
**** the King
 
Vikingstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Tamblow better be on this like white on rice.
What if its brown rice?

Vikingstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 03:04 AM
  #24
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle
 
smackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweHockeypunk21 View Post
The only two scenarios I'd trade Clowe:
1) For a mid-first round pick (If we are out of playoff contention)
2) For younger a speedy, shoot first top-6 forward (Can package other pieces to make it happen)

Now that Clowe's play is picking up again as a favorite of mine it would be tough to see him go. I know I have been dangling him around but it would have to be at the right price.
I think a late first rounder is the best you can hope for. I definitely don't see a speedy top 6 forward in your future though.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 03:05 AM
  #25
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle
 
smackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravi83Oil View Post
What if its brown rice?
Then its a hate crime.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.