HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 03:36 AM
Maelpj*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
That's the thing about playoff runs. When you want someone that's going to make your team better, you have to be willing to pay for it. Do you want Montreal to be better in the playoffs or not?
My question was at the cost of what? Didn't really answered it. Oilers don't need prospect/pick. they need productive, established player NOW.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:41 AM
Maelpj*

They already have deepness at the blue line... They only needTop 3 def.. Diaz maybe?

They don't lack offensive skill.. Only player we could trade who could interest them are Eller maybe Bourque..

I would see no interest in trading one of these 3 for Jones.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:43 AM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

I think the teams fine as it is.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:56 AM
MoobMoob
EntertainingasanSTD

Why are so many habs fans so high on Clowe? His best years are behind him. Are you all so blinded by his size that you're missing the obvious gaps in his game that makes the sharks let him reach FA?

Only way I take Clowe is if he comes at league minimum for 2 years maximum. He's a low value rehab project.

Clarkson, I'd take a risk on.

Bordeleau, I'd risk a 1 year 1 way contract on. 2-3 years 2 way. Anything more is overvalue.

On the D end I'd see what it takes to draw Regehr for 1-2 years. Give Tinordi more time to develop/some competition.

Old
03-06-2013, 06:16 AM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
Trade Gio for a big top 9. Get Bourque back. Replace Kabs for Tinordi. Ta da! Suddenly we're scary to play against.
Paternyn is more ready.
What if Price continues to allow in 6?

Old
03-06-2013, 06:24 AM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
The trade was unnecessary and poorly timed. You know the next 2 years of Coles contract is going to be bad do you? Hand me your crystal ball, I bet you were one of the many saying it was a terrible signing in the first place and then he scored 35goals and you vanished right?

hockeyfan is still ******** cammy got a swift kick in the ass and hasn't let it go. He has a soft spot for that useless floater.

Cole is the better player and now wasn't the time to move him and disrupt the team while he is turning his game around. We needed all the physical players we can get and ryder brings none of that.
Was a good trade. Getting rid of his salary is a ++. We need Carey Price to play like he was prior to the last two games and we need Rene Bourque back. Cole wasn't providing anything, he fumbled the puck like it was grenade.

Old
03-06-2013, 06:33 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
What if Price continues to allow in 6?
If Price is injured then we go with Budaj and Tokarski and trade a 6th round pick so that Hamilton can have a goalie.

Old
03-06-2013, 06:34 AM
MarkersMark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
The trade was unnecessary and poorly timed. You know the next 2 years of Coles contract is going to be bad do you? Hand me your crystal ball, I bet you were one of the many saying it was a terrible signing in the first place and then he scored 35goals and you vanished right?

hockeyfan is still ******** cammy got a swift kick in the ass and hasn't let it go. He has a soft spot for that useless floater.

Cole is the better player and now wasn't the time to move him and disrupt the team while he is turning his game around. We needed all the physical players we can get and ryder brings none of that.
Don't need a crystal ball, just need to actually watch the games. 7 piggyback points in 21 games is awful NOW for a 4.5 mil player. Don't even want to see what that abortion looks like after fermenting for another year or two.

Yuck.

Why you mad tho?

Old
03-06-2013, 07:01 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
James Stephan ‏@J_Habs
LeBrun: #Habs Bergevin won't mortgage future for rentals, likely going to be a player they can keep long term 2+ years

James Stephan ‏@J_Habs
LeBrun: #Habs want to get bigger up front, think of Prust, same idea, top 9 player. Possible trade bait those 2nds and 3rds stockpiled

Discuss
If this is the goal then who are they looking to move?

Patches DD Gallagher ......... DD? I wouldn't. Maybe Gally - city would riot
Gally Pleks Ryder................ Pleks? Therrien loves him. Ryder? That would be pointless, could have traded Cole for what they want now.
Prust/Bourque Eller Gionta... Looks like Gionta.

So to bring in that top 9 gritty physical player would mean that Gionta is on the move. No other way to fit that player into our top nine.

I don't know if management is ready to cut Gionta loose. I was never a big fan of Gionta for this team. For Boston, Philadephia, Toronto, yes. For Montreal no.

If they are really looking for a top 9 looks like Gionta is the candidate to go.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:06 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
I don't think it's a good idea to trade your captain right before the playoff

Old
03-06-2013, 07:09 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
If TSN's speculation is correct then who are they going to move? Pleks? DD?

Old
03-06-2013, 07:42 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Hope it's true. If you get rid of those 2nd rounders in 2013, you better hope it's not for half of a season of Dominic Moore.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:47 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
Ryan Clowe would be a fantastic add.
Very poor fit for the Habs.

Slower than Hal Gill, quite banged up. Via UFA he'll end up overpaid.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:47 AM
HTTP 400

vCash: 3601
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post

Gally Pleks Ryder................ Pleks? Therrien loves him. Ryder? That would be pointless, could have traded Cole for what they want now.

So to bring in that top 9 gritty physical player would mean that Gionta is on the move. No other way to fit that player into our top nine.
I think you're right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
I think you're right

Conclusion : speculation doesn't make much sense...

Old
03-06-2013, 07:57 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWalkThroughWalls View Post
I think you're right

I think you're right

Conclusion : speculation doesn't make much sense...
Voilà

Old
03-06-2013, 08:02 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post

I don't know if management is ready to cut Gionta loose. I was never a big fan of Gionta for this team. For Boston, Philadephia, Toronto, yes. For Montreal no.

If they are really looking for a top 9 looks like Gionta is the candidate to go.
I could see the team trade...

- Gionta : Okay, you usually don't trade your capitain before the playoffs. But I think every occasion to deal a player who makes 33% more than what his play actually warrants is a good one.

- Ryder : Depending on what he can fetch, I wouldn't see any problem with this. The problem is that he would probably be a rental swap. But the player coming back might fit our needs even better.

- DD : This one is really speculative. If anything,that would NOT be a good idea to trade him. Not at all. However, if contract talks have actually started (no reason to think they did...), and that there's a significant gap between both parties (think, 2.5M $ gap), well, I see DD as being fair game for a trade.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Brewju

I really doubt they'd trade Gionta...

I have a feeling it's gonna be DD, Eller or Pleks

Old
03-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Met View Post
what we need is rene bourque back
Pretty much. He'd instantly make our top 9 bigger and better without giving up any assets.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:22 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Hope it's true. If you get rid of those 2nd rounders in 2013, you better hope it's not for half of a season of Dominic Moore.
One of the most typed phrases here is "The Habs couldn't make that trade" , only because a recent shortsightedness prevented a patient accumulation of young players that can be used as trade pieces. Some good players sometimes change hands but only if the recipient has young promising players to send the other way. Players like Leblanc and Pateryn don't cut it if you want to acquire A-list specimens.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewju View Post
I really doubt they'd trade Gionta...

I have a feeling it's gonna be DD, Eller or Pleks
Trading Gionta or Eller, who is just now developing into a great player for us, is ridiculous. Trading DD might set off the French media and distract from what this team has been doing (although I don't really care about that).

I see them moving Ryder + for a Brouwer type player. Who knows

Old
03-06-2013, 08:30 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
Trading Gionta or Eller, who is just now developing into a great player for us, is ridiculous. Trading DD might set off the French media and distract from what this team has been doing (although I don't really care about that).

I see them moving Ryder + for a Brouwer type player. Who knows
The other problem with trading DD is that he's probably the best bang-for-the-buck in the whole league.

Again, I think that the only possible reason he could be traded is if contract negociations started and that he asks for too much.

I fail to see why trading an overpaid player would be ridiculous.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:48 AM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

I doubt Gionta waives his NTC with 1 year left on his contract. That would essentially mean the team getting him can decide to forgo the NTC clause and make his family situation unstable. (Unless it's for someone in NJ)

The team doesn't have to trade a Top 9 player to get another one, they just have to make a Top 9 not Top 9 anymore. The rookies in the playoffs are going to be used like rookies, lets not forget that.

Edit: On a side note I wouldn't mind trading Gallagher if it's for the right piece. Even though that would look like a Millbury trade. I'm weird like that.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:53 AM
Halifaxhab*

I see Moen, Armstrong and Weber used as trade bait from the roster. Maybe some mid rd picks as well. Any af those pieces packaged up to land the coveted 3rd line heart and soul gritty type.

To varying degrees (and values) Boyle, Clutterbuck, Parros, Carcillo, Bollig could be good targets as bottom 6 size/strength/grit.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:56 AM
The Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
James Stephan ‏@J_Habs
LeBrun: #Habs Bergevin won't mortgage future for rentals, likely going to be a player they can keep long term 2+ years

James Stephan ‏@J_Habs
LeBrun: #Habs want to get bigger up front, think of Prust, same idea, top 9 player. Possible trade bait those 2nds and 3rds stockpiled

Discuss
We need a big, fast forward who can score at least 25 goals and is a good presence in the locker room, has playoff experience, and can drive the net. Any ideas?

Old
03-06-2013, 08:57 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I see Moen, Armstrong and Weber used as trade bait from the roster. Maybe some mid rd picks as well. Any af those pieces packaged up to land the coveted 3rd line heart and soul gritty type.

To varying degrees (and values) Boyle, Clutterbuck, Parros, Carcillo, Bollig could be good targets as bottom 6 size/strength/grit.
To me, he's the one who we the Habs need an upgrade on.

Closed Thread