Old
03-06-2013, 07:23 AM
Latrappe
If Cam allow it

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
From Ty Anderson's column:
For the love of God.. why is Chris Bourque still on the power-play?

Hey, does this make sense? You’re a healthy scratch on Sunday night in a game that’s pitting you against a middle-of-the-road penalty-killing club in the Montreal Canadiens, but when you return to the ice on Tuesday night, you’re quarterbacking the Bruins’ second power-play unit? No, I didn’t think so, but such is the life of Boston forward Chris Bourque.

Yes, somehow someway, the 5-foot-7 son of Ray Bourque is still seeing significant time on the Black-and-Gold’s man-advantage. Are you as baffled as I am? God, I’d hope so.

As well documented now, the Bruins’ power-play is atrocious. It’s the definition of terrible, and that’s even when you consider its recent success.

Now, one of the reasons why it’s been such a complete disaster has been the lack of production from the club’s second unit, a.k.a the one that features Bourque, among several others.Through 18 games this year, the 27-year-old Bourque’s averaged 2:05 of power-play time on ice per game. That puts him seventh among Boston forwards, and with that abundance of time, he’s tallied a grand total of one goal and three assists, with all three on the power-play.

Enough said!
Bourque is the very least of our problem. But, as usual, when a pseudo-expert has nothing to say or write about, he's taking the easy road.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:24 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrejciMVP View Post
I'm all for Knight and Spooner playing up here. I can't believe Bourque is playing over Caron when Caron had a decent 2nd half last year
Caron was outplayed by Bourque in Providence early in the year I guess that's why he is here not that I agree with it. Caron was a 1st round pick and I do think the Bruins should be working with him and not just leave him struggling in Providence. I think he gets moved anyways

Old
03-06-2013, 07:35 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Sucks that the Islanders are hanging in there, I want Chia to bring in Streit

Streit and Alfredsson

Last edited by Bruinsfan_37: 03-06-2013 at 07:45 AM.
Old
03-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Bauer3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I'm basically just whining about Sobotka- I know he doesn't want to come back, I'm still pissed at how they handled him. The top 6 is very good and the problem is third line. I'd go for Clowe in a heart beat but unless Horton leaves after year this has to be a rental then it comes what do you give up. Under No circumstance do I move prospects identified as top 6-9 F or top 4 D in any rental unless God appears and guarantees the Cup, only veer from the big picture when your job needs to be saved and you care only about yourself and chia doesn't. Get Clowe I'd love it but I think I know who they'd want and I'd pass
Unless the plan is to acquire Clowe this year with the intention of keeping him and letting Horton walk at the end of the year leaving you with a top 6 next year of:
Lucic krejci seguin
Marchand Bergeron Clowe

Just a thought

Old
03-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
Caron was outplayed by Bourque in Providence early in the year I guess that's why he is here not that I agree with it. Caron was a 1st round pick and I do think the Bruins should be working with him and not just leave him struggling in Providence. I think he gets moved anyways
You think just because he's in Providence they aren't working with him?

Old
03-06-2013, 07:44 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
You think just because he's in Providence they aren't working with him?
In Providence yes, sorry I meant up here in Boston. He should be up here but that's my opinion

Old
03-06-2013, 07:52 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
In Providence yes, sorry I meant up here in Boston. He should be up here but that's my opinion
I agree. Give him a shot at least.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:58 AM
bp13

To recap as of this morning...

- Our most-talented player is on pace for a 20 goal season
- Our power play is a disgrace, again
- We are middle of the pack in the NHL in goals against when leading
- Our D-zone coverage is seemingly getting worse by the game

With the issues above, we're still spending most of our time ripping our 3rd line LW or #5/6 defenseman and trying to find a replacement for each?

Old
03-06-2013, 08:01 AM
Fire Julien

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins04 View Post
‏@KKurzCSN
Lots of Eastern Conference scouts at the game again tonight, including Boston, who some think are scouting Ryane Clowe. #SJSharks
Clowe ? I'm all for it but it seems to go against Chiarelli's plans as of late of building one of the smallest forward crews in the league.

Old
the overrated
wicked overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
From Ty Anderson's column:
For the love of God.. why is Chris Bourque still on the power-play?

<snip>

Now, one of the reasons why it’s been such a complete disaster has been the lack of production from the club’s second unit, a.k.a the one that features Bourque, among several others.Through 18 games this year, the 27-year-old Bourque’s averaged 2:05 of power-play time on ice per game. That puts him seventh among Boston forwards, and with that abundance of time, he’s tallied a grand total of one goal and three assists, with all three on the power-play.

Enough said!
Maybe someone should point out to Ty Anderson that the guy that's first in PP TOI is still pointless, and the guy that's 4th in PP TOI has only 1 point. And that two of the other guys that are ahead of Bourque in PP TOI have the exact same amount of PP points as him.

While I truly don't mean to be defending Bourque like this, because I agree that his 3rd line winger time is up ... it seems that Anderson is blatantly ignoring bigger problems on the PP in order to rant about Bourque.

Old
MarchandMadness 63*

Anybody else hear the rumors on 98.5 the Sports hub of the Bruins making a trade for Mike Ribeiro if the Caps are still out of it by the deadline?

Old
03-06-2013, 08:03 AM
vjcsmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer3000 View Post
Unless the plan is to acquire Clowe this year with the intention of keeping him and letting Horton walk at the end of the year leaving you with a top 6 next year of:
Lucic krejci seguin
Marchand Bergeron Clowe

Just a thought
I don't see Clowe as an upgrade over Horton though.
He has had 6 points and 0 goals in 19 games this season...

Old
03-06-2013, 08:06 AM
Fire Julien

Clowe is 3rd liner. Liko ours he doesn't bring much offense, but at least he isn't a midget.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjcsmoke View Post
I don't see Clowe as an upgrade over Horton though.
He has had 6 points and 0 goals in 19 games this season...
And he'll likely still cost as much as Horton on the open market. No thank you if that's the plan. As a fill in on the 3rd line he'd be fine but the price to acquire him will exclude the Bruins I think.

If they're scouting San Jose I wouldn't be surprised if it's for a guy like Handzus.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:11 AM
Ogrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchandMadness 63 View Post
Anybody else hear the rumors on 98.5 the Sports hub of the Bruins making a trade for Mike Ribeiro if the Caps are still out of it by the deadline?

That's got to be a joke, right?

Old
03-06-2013, 08:14 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

Clowe is considered to be slumping as well, but has more points than anyone currently playing our third line. Plus he brings size and strength to that line. I like Chris Bourque, but this would be a big upgrade (no pun intended)

I don't think it changes anything regarding Horton, Horton needs to be brought back IMO no matter what. Everyone here seems to agree we have one of the best top 6 in the league, so why break it up!

Old
03-06-2013, 08:14 AM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
Quote:
I just threw up in my mouth.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
03-06-2013, 08:15 AM
Schalkenullvier*

Ribeiro is a pretty amazing player, but where would he go? Not to mention we wouldn't be able to re-sign him so we'd be clearly outbid.

Clowe has lost it, trading Peverley for him would be a downgrade. If you want to get rid of pev's contract fine, but that's giving away the little talent we have left on the third line, and I think if we want to trade peverley we could get something for him, at least more than future considerations (aka Clowe)

Old
03-06-2013, 08:18 AM
Number8

Quote:
If there is a God in heaven, please no. I cannot abide Mike Ribeiro.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:18 AM
MarchandMadness 63*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrim View Post

That's got to be a joke, right?
No,not a joke at all,they didn't say who would be going back to the Caps,but apparently the Bruins are looking at Ribeiro as a third line center and possible solution to the power play.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:22 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
And he'll likely still cost as much as Horton on the open market. No thank you if that's the plan. As a fill in on the 3rd line he'd be fine but the price to acquire him will exclude the Bruins I think.

If they're scouting San Jose I wouldn't be surprised if it's for a guy like Handzus.
Agree I think this is the guy

Old
03-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
No,not a joke at all,they didn't say who would be going back to the Caps,but apparently the Bruins are looking at Ribeiro as a third line center and possible solution to the power play.
He's certainly an upgrade over C.Bourque

Old
03-06-2013, 08:24 AM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
Does Ryan Clowe really have 0 goals this year? That's gotta be a typo or something, right? That's the guy this board is pining for? Sheesh.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:27 AM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by the overrated View Post
Maybe someone should point out to Ty Anderson that the guy that's first in PP TOI is still pointless, and the guy that's 4th in PP TOI has only 1 point. And that two of the other guys that are ahead of Bourque in PP TOI have the exact same amount of PP points as him.

While I truly don't mean to be defending Bourque like this, because I agree that his 3rd line winger time is up ... it seems that Anderson is blatantly ignoring bigger problems on the PP in order to rant about Bourque.
Which puts him in a group with about half of this board.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Well he did play for Julien in Montreal

Closed Thread