HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

ESPNBoston.com : Chiarelli looking to improve

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2013, 01:04 AM
  #826
PJ StockBB
Registered User
 
PJ StockBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins04 View Post
‏@KKurzCSN
Lots of Eastern Conference scouts at the game again tonight, including Boston, who some think are scouting Ryane Clowe. #SJSharks
is it possible....can dreams really come true?

guy is very good in the playoffs. can you imagine Lucic and Clowe on the same team? would be awesome

PJ StockBB is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 01:21 AM
  #827
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
A week ago I said this would never happen, maybe it will who knows. I posted that tweet on my FB and I think a Shark fan saw it and posted their own status update as.

Quote:
I will shank a ***** if they take Clowe from us..
That is one of the reasons I don't think was going to happen the fans love him

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 01:24 AM
  #828
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
If

Quote:
@ViewFromBensch Maaaybe Peverley but his cap hit is steep. I'd take a pick or mid-level prospect at this point.
Has ANY Validity I would send em a 2nd and/or a 3rd plus and IDK some sort of combo of Caron, Cross, Bartkowksi, ETC

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 01:42 AM
  #829
thepootamis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
If



Has ANY Validity I would send em a 2nd and/or a 3rd plus and IDK some sort of combo of Caron, Cross, Bartkowksi, ETC
i would do Peverley for him gets rid of that contract for alittle bit of a upgrade

thepootamis is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 01:50 AM
  #830
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
That doesn't really solve any issues unless we do another trade at the same time that brings us another 3rd liner

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:54 AM
  #831
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 25,860
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Ice View Post
DKH - you hearing anything on Hendricks? Just wondering because you dropped his name four or five times there. Almost started to sound deliberate.
only my friends who have nothing to do with the NHL....we sort of agree that health aside the Bruins top 6 is one of the best groups in hockey

you fortify your team with the soldiers on the bottom 6 who bring everything Hendricks does- I do admit one thing after the playoffs last year one of Boston's guys commented to one of my friends what a good player he is- just does a lot of things well, so I am drawing that so it is logicial but other than that no

you can probably get him for Caron who imo is fast approaching change of scenary but maybe not....Brick and Jack talked about him, Jaffe has as well....he is a Bruins type, and was a Bruins property before

Iginla is a HOF and after 2 goals over 28 games and being called out for indifferent and inconstent play by former teammate Rhett Warriner on a local Calgary radio station has picked it up

but if you trade for Iginla you have to play him on the top 6....are you going to give him to Kelly? or are we back to dropping Seguin down....I'll take Iginla for a bundle package that includes Caron and picks but I hate even giving up a first because this is a decent draft according to my Red Line Reports and other stuff I read up on

I'M AMAZED AND SO ARE SOME OF MY FRIENDS THAT OCCASSIONALLY POST HERE BUT LURK HOW THE FANS HAVE FORGOT HOW THE CAPITALS FOURTH LINE GROUNDED THE BRUINS DEFENSE INTO HAMBURG- AND FRONT AND CENTER WAS HENDRICKS.

My first choice was Ryder- three points last night, best Canadien on the ice

my second choice is Sobotka- Bruins had apparently the most scouts (3) at the Blues game last night but probably looking at other players and Hitchcock said Sobotka has been many games his best three zone player and the one guy who takes the body consistently. Not sure what it would cost

The logical guy to me if he can get healthy is Knight- his game is the NHL version; said it before reminds me of a bigger faster Danny Gare. He could be on the ice maybe even today or later this week if the Bruins give him clearance.

bottom line to me unless someone on the top 6 goes down that aint the problem its the wear down the D, and play all over the ice players they need and Hendricks is right at the top of my list- all you had to do was watch him last night. You dont have to give up Knight, Caron, and a first for him as Dale suggested for Iginla.

I hope Chiarelli is paying attention because he really could use Sobotka right now- what a total mismanaged move that was- and I like Warsofsky alot, but he could have gotten him for a third rounder and/or a Sauve. Hitchcock and Blues fans are happy but he'd be perfect right now- and he's a better player than last seen

also go watch the video of him slamming John Scott and Tyler Myers or more recently Ryan Suter...dont see much of that here from our forwards

DKH is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 06:16 AM
  #832
GoBs
Registered User
 
GoBs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,095
vCash: 500
Another - game for Kelly.


Chris Kelly 0 0 0 -3 0 2 14:11 25 0 0 6 7

GoBs is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 06:26 AM
  #833
bigcat188
Registered User
 
bigcat188's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cape Cod
Country: United States
Posts: 1,041
vCash: 500
Hey Chiarelli take a page out of Bill Belichick's book and cut a name player to get their attention.
It should be real easy I can think of a few that can go, and you won't even miss them.

bigcat188 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 06:29 AM
  #834
MarshmontMcSlewfoot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
only my friends who have nothing to do with the NHL....we sort of agree that health aside the Bruins top 6 is one of the best groups in hockey

you fortify your team with the soldiers on the bottom 6 who bring everything Hendricks does- I do admit one thing after the playoffs last year one of Boston's guys commented to one of my friends what a good player he is- just does a lot of things well, so I am drawing that so it is logicial but other than that no

you can probably get him for Caron who imo is fast approaching change of scenary but maybe not....Brick and Jack talked about him, Jaffe has as well....he is a Bruins type, and was a Bruins property before

Iginla is a HOF and after 2 goals over 28 games and being called out for indifferent and inconstent play by former teammate Rhett Warriner on a local Calgary radio station has picked it up

but if you trade for Iginla you have to play him on the top 6....are you going to give him to Kelly? or are we back to dropping Seguin down....I'll take Iginla for a bundle package that includes Caron and picks but I hate even giving up a first because this is a decent draft according to my Red Line Reports and other stuff I read up on

I'M AMAZED AND SO ARE SOME OF MY FRIENDS THAT OCCASSIONALLY POST HERE BUT LURK HOW THE FANS HAVE FORGOT HOW THE CAPITALS FOURTH LINE GROUNDED THE BRUINS DEFENSE INTO HAMBURG- AND FRONT AND CENTER WAS HENDRICKS.

My first choice was Ryder- three points last night, best Canadien on the ice

my second choice is Sobotka- Bruins had apparently the most scouts (3) at the Blues game last night but probably looking at other players and Hitchcock said Sobotka has been many games his best three zone player and the one guy who takes the body consistently. Not sure what it would cost

The logical guy to me if he can get healthy is Knight- his game is the NHL version; said it before reminds me of a bigger faster Danny Gare. He could be on the ice maybe even today or later this week if the Bruins give him clearance.

bottom line to me unless someone on the top 6 goes down that aint the problem its the wear down the D, and play all over the ice players they need and Hendricks is right at the top of my list- all you had to do was watch him last night. You dont have to give up Knight, Caron, and a first for him as Dale suggested for Iginla.

I hope Chiarelli is paying attention because he really could use Sobotka right now- what a total mismanaged move that was- and I like Warsofsky alot, but he could have gotten him for a third rounder and/or a Sauve. Hitchcock and Blues fans are happy but he'd be perfect right now- and he's a better player than last seen

also go watch the video of him slamming John Scott and Tyler Myers or more recently Ryan Suter...dont see much of that here from our forwards
Yeah I wouldn't mind Sobotka or Hendricks as retreads. 2 good bottom 6 forwards. Would fit in seamlessly.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 06:42 AM
  #835
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback
 
BrainOfJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: State St.
Country: United States
Posts: 12,383
vCash: 500
Sobotka isnt going anywhere unless it is for a roster player. Theyre trying to contend this year out here. He's also a pretty solid fan favorite here after Oshie. He also said at training camp in a townhall style meet the blues event thing that he absolutely does not like Boston anymore.

Dan, you've been completely against most trades and ideas brought up here, even mockingly so at some points..what are you giving up off the roster to get Sobotka?

BrainOfJ is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 06:48 AM
  #836
remer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,154
vCash: 500
From Ty Anderson's column:
For the love of God.. why is Chris Bourque still on the power-play?

Hey, does this make sense? You’re a healthy scratch on Sunday night in a game that’s pitting you against a middle-of-the-road penalty-killing club in the Montreal Canadiens, but when you return to the ice on Tuesday night, you’re quarterbacking the Bruins’ second power-play unit? No, I didn’t think so, but such is the life of Boston forward Chris Bourque.

Yes, somehow someway, the 5-foot-7 son of Ray Bourque is still seeing significant time on the Black-and-Gold’s man-advantage. Are you as baffled as I am? God, I’d hope so.

As well documented now, the Bruins’ power-play is atrocious. It’s the definition of terrible, and that’s even when you consider its recent success.

Now, one of the reasons why it’s been such a complete disaster has been the lack of production from the club’s second unit, a.k.a the one that features Bourque, among several others.Through 18 games this year, the 27-year-old Bourque’s averaged 2:05 of power-play time on ice per game. That puts him seventh among Boston forwards, and with that abundance of time, he’s tallied a grand total of one goal and three assists, with all three on the power-play.


Enough said!

remer is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 06:55 AM
  #837
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 25,860
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
Sobotka isnt going anywhere unless it is for a roster player. Theyre trying to contend this year out here. He's also a pretty solid fan favorite here after Oshie. He also said at training camp in a townhall style meet the blues event thing that he absolutely does not like Boston anymore.

Dan, you've been completely against most trades and ideas brought up here, even mockingly so at some points..what are you giving up off the roster to get Sobotka?
I'm basically just whining about Sobotka- I know he doesn't want to come back, I'm still pissed at how they handled him. The top 6 is very good and the problem is third line. I'd go for Clowe in a heart beat but unless Horton leaves after year this has to be a rental then it comes what do you give up. Under No circumstance do I move prospects identified as top 6-9 F or top 4 D in any rental unless God appears and guarantees the Cup, only veer from the big picture when your job needs to be saved and you care only about yourself and chia doesn't. Get Clowe I'd love it but I think I know who they'd want and I'd pass

DKH is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 07:01 AM
  #838
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 19,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Chargers View Post
Don't be so tough Allison.
One L.

__________________
"I choose to focus on the things I CAN do and am passionate about." - Sam Berns

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 07:06 AM
  #839
KrejciMVP
Registered User
 
KrejciMVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,204
vCash: 500
I'm all for Knight and Spooner playing up here. I can't believe Bourque is playing over Caron when Caron had a decent 2nd half last year

KrejciMVP is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 07:11 AM
  #840
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback
 
BrainOfJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: State St.
Country: United States
Posts: 12,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I'm basically just whining about Sobotka- I know he doesn't want to come back, I'm still pissed at how they handled him. The top 6 is very good and the problem is third line. I'd go for Clowe in a heart beat but unless Horton leaves after year this has to be a rental then it comes what do you give up. Under No circumstance do I move prospects identified as top 6-9 F or top 4 D in any rental unless God appears and guarantees the Cup, only veer from the big picture when your job needs to be saved and you care only about yourself and chia doesn't. Get Clowe I'd love it but I think I know who they'd want and I'd pass
Ahh understood, I agree to an extent about Sobotka but it was also obvious that he needed to be playing center not wing..and we were hoping to get savvy back at the time, along with bergeron, krejci, and a just drafted seguin.

But thats a different topic for a different day.

If Iginla came down to one of knight/spooner, caron, and a pick. Id have a very hard time saying no and a very hard time believing he'd be a rental if I am chia but I personally am more concerned with the back end. Our bottom pairing is awful and we have a rookie in our top 4. Come playoff time, that could limit chia, ESPECIALLY if he wants to pur Chara and Sieds together.

Your bottom 4 is

Boychuk-Hamilton
Ference-McQuaid.

That makes me very nervous

BrainOfJ is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 07:15 AM
  #841
Morris Wanchuk
.......
 
Morris Wanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: War Memorial Arena
Country: United States
Posts: 14,740
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I'm basically just whining about Sobotka- I know he doesn't want to come back, I'm still pissed at how they handled him. The top 6 is very good and the problem is third line. I'd go for Clowe in a heart beat but unless Horton leaves after year this has to be a rental then it comes what do you give up. Under No circumstance do I move prospects identified as top 6-9 F or top 4 D in any rental unless God appears and guarantees the Cup, only veer from the big picture when your job needs to be saved and you care only about yourself and chia doesn't. Get Clowe I'd love it but I think I know who they'd want and I'd pass
How they handled him?

If the guy could play wing, or didn't piss and moan about playing wing, he would still be here. But he didn't, and now he is gone. My lord, talk about overrated. Yikes

Morris Wanchuk is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 07:23 AM
  #842
Latrappe
Selke winner
 
Latrappe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
From Ty Anderson's column:
For the love of God.. why is Chris Bourque still on the power-play?

Hey, does this make sense? You’re a healthy scratch on Sunday night in a game that’s pitting you against a middle-of-the-road penalty-killing club in the Montreal Canadiens, but when you return to the ice on Tuesday night, you’re quarterbacking the Bruins’ second power-play unit? No, I didn’t think so, but such is the life of Boston forward Chris Bourque.

Yes, somehow someway, the 5-foot-7 son of Ray Bourque is still seeing significant time on the Black-and-Gold’s man-advantage. Are you as baffled as I am? God, I’d hope so.

As well documented now, the Bruins’ power-play is atrocious. It’s the definition of terrible, and that’s even when you consider its recent success.

Now, one of the reasons why it’s been such a complete disaster has been the lack of production from the club’s second unit, a.k.a the one that features Bourque, among several others.Through 18 games this year, the 27-year-old Bourque’s averaged 2:05 of power-play time on ice per game. That puts him seventh among Boston forwards, and with that abundance of time, he’s tallied a grand total of one goal and three assists, with all three on the power-play.


Enough said!
Bourque is the very least of our problem. But, as usual, when a pseudo-expert has nothing to say or write about, he's taking the easy road.

Latrappe is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 07:24 AM
  #843
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs
 
Bruinsfan_37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrejciMVP View Post
I'm all for Knight and Spooner playing up here. I can't believe Bourque is playing over Caron when Caron had a decent 2nd half last year
Caron was outplayed by Bourque in Providence early in the year I guess that's why he is here not that I agree with it. Caron was a 1st round pick and I do think the Bruins should be working with him and not just leave him struggling in Providence. I think he gets moved anyways

Bruinsfan_37 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 07:35 AM
  #844
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs
 
Bruinsfan_37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,896
vCash: 500
Sucks that the Islanders are hanging in there, I want Chia to bring in Streit

Streit and Alfredsson


Last edited by Bruinsfan_37: 03-06-2013 at 07:45 AM.
Bruinsfan_37 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 07:43 AM
  #845
Bauer3000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I'm basically just whining about Sobotka- I know he doesn't want to come back, I'm still pissed at how they handled him. The top 6 is very good and the problem is third line. I'd go for Clowe in a heart beat but unless Horton leaves after year this has to be a rental then it comes what do you give up. Under No circumstance do I move prospects identified as top 6-9 F or top 4 D in any rental unless God appears and guarantees the Cup, only veer from the big picture when your job needs to be saved and you care only about yourself and chia doesn't. Get Clowe I'd love it but I think I know who they'd want and I'd pass
Unless the plan is to acquire Clowe this year with the intention of keeping him and letting Horton walk at the end of the year leaving you with a top 6 next year of:
Lucic krejci seguin
Marchand Bergeron Clowe

Just a thought

Bauer3000 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 07:43 AM
  #846
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
Caron was outplayed by Bourque in Providence early in the year I guess that's why he is here not that I agree with it. Caron was a 1st round pick and I do think the Bruins should be working with him and not just leave him struggling in Providence. I think he gets moved anyways
You think just because he's in Providence they aren't working with him?

Kaoz is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 07:44 AM
  #847
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs
 
Bruinsfan_37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
You think just because he's in Providence they aren't working with him?
In Providence yes, sorry I meant up here in Boston. He should be up here but that's my opinion

Bruinsfan_37 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 07:52 AM
  #848
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go
 
Cory Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brockton
Country: United States
Posts: 6,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
In Providence yes, sorry I meant up here in Boston. He should be up here but that's my opinion
I agree. Give him a shot at least.

Cory Trevor is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 07:58 AM
  #849
bp13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 10,676
vCash: 500
To recap as of this morning...

- Our most-talented player is on pace for a 20 goal season
- Our power play is a disgrace, again
- We are middle of the pack in the NHL in goals against when leading
- Our D-zone coverage is seemingly getting worse by the game

With the issues above, we're still spending most of our time ripping our 3rd line LW or #5/6 defenseman and trying to find a replacement for each?

bp13 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:01 AM
  #850
Caballo Blanco
2014 Conn Smythe
 
Caballo Blanco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 16,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins04 View Post
‏@KKurzCSN
Lots of Eastern Conference scouts at the game again tonight, including Boston, who some think are scouting Ryane Clowe. #SJSharks
Clowe ? I'm all for it but it seems to go against Chiarelli's plans as of late of building one of the smallest forward crews in the league.

Caballo Blanco is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.