Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 01:04 AM
PJ StockBB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins04 View Post
‏@KKurzCSN
Lots of Eastern Conference scouts at the game again tonight, including Boston, who some think are scouting Ryane Clowe. #SJSharks
is it possible....can dreams really come true?

guy is very good in the playoffs. can you imagine Lucic and Clowe on the same team? would be awesome

Old
03-06-2013, 01:21 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

A week ago I said this would never happen, maybe it will who knows. I posted that tweet on my FB and I think a Shark fan saw it and posted their own status update as.

Quote:
I will shank a ***** if they take Clowe from us..
That is one of the reasons I don't think was going to happen the fans love him

Old
03-06-2013, 01:24 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

If

Quote:
@ViewFromBensch Maaaybe Peverley but his cap hit is steep. I'd take a pick or mid-level prospect at this point.
Has ANY Validity I would send em a 2nd and/or a 3rd plus and IDK some sort of combo of Caron, Cross, Bartkowksi, ETC

Old
03-06-2013, 01:42 AM
thepootamis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
If

Has ANY Validity I would send em a 2nd and/or a 3rd plus and IDK some sort of combo of Caron, Cross, Bartkowksi, ETC
i would do Peverley for him gets rid of that contract for alittle bit of a upgrade

Old
03-06-2013, 01:50 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

That doesn't really solve any issues unless we do another trade at the same time that brings us another 3rd liner

Old
03-06-2013, 05:54 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Ice View Post
DKH - you hearing anything on Hendricks? Just wondering because you dropped his name four or five times there. Almost started to sound deliberate.
only my friends who have nothing to do with the NHL....we sort of agree that health aside the Bruins top 6 is one of the best groups in hockey

you fortify your team with the soldiers on the bottom 6 who bring everything Hendricks does- I do admit one thing after the playoffs last year one of Boston's guys commented to one of my friends what a good player he is- just does a lot of things well, so I am drawing that so it is logicial but other than that no

you can probably get him for Caron who imo is fast approaching change of scenary but maybe not....Brick and Jack talked about him, Jaffe has as well....he is a Bruins type, and was a Bruins property before

Iginla is a HOF and after 2 goals over 28 games and being called out for indifferent and inconstent play by former teammate Rhett Warriner on a local Calgary radio station has picked it up

but if you trade for Iginla you have to play him on the top 6....are you going to give him to Kelly? or are we back to dropping Seguin down....I'll take Iginla for a bundle package that includes Caron and picks but I hate even giving up a first because this is a decent draft according to my Red Line Reports and other stuff I read up on

I'M AMAZED AND SO ARE SOME OF MY FRIENDS THAT OCCASSIONALLY POST HERE BUT LURK HOW THE FANS HAVE FORGOT HOW THE CAPITALS FOURTH LINE GROUNDED THE BRUINS DEFENSE INTO HAMBURG- AND FRONT AND CENTER WAS HENDRICKS.

My first choice was Ryder- three points last night, best Canadien on the ice

my second choice is Sobotka- Bruins had apparently the most scouts (3) at the Blues game last night but probably looking at other players and Hitchcock said Sobotka has been many games his best three zone player and the one guy who takes the body consistently. Not sure what it would cost

The logical guy to me if he can get healthy is Knight- his game is the NHL version; said it before reminds me of a bigger faster Danny Gare. He could be on the ice maybe even today or later this week if the Bruins give him clearance.

bottom line to me unless someone on the top 6 goes down that aint the problem its the wear down the D, and play all over the ice players they need and Hendricks is right at the top of my list- all you had to do was watch him last night. You dont have to give up Knight, Caron, and a first for him as Dale suggested for Iginla.

I hope Chiarelli is paying attention because he really could use Sobotka right now- what a total mismanaged move that was- and I like Warsofsky alot, but he could have gotten him for a third rounder and/or a Sauve. Hitchcock and Blues fans are happy but he'd be perfect right now- and he's a better player than last seen

also go watch the video of him slamming John Scott and Tyler Myers or more recently Ryan Suter...dont see much of that here from our forwards

Old
03-06-2013, 06:16 AM
GoBs

Another - game for Kelly.

Chris Kelly 0 0 0 -3 0 2 14:11 25 0 0 6 7

Old
03-06-2013, 06:26 AM
bigcat188

Hey Chiarelli take a page out of Bill Belichick's book and cut a name player to get their attention.
It should be real easy I can think of a few that can go, and you won't even miss them.

Old
03-06-2013, 06:29 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
only my friends who have nothing to do with the NHL....we sort of agree that health aside the Bruins top 6 is one of the best groups in hockey

you fortify your team with the soldiers on the bottom 6 who bring everything Hendricks does- I do admit one thing after the playoffs last year one of Boston's guys commented to one of my friends what a good player he is- just does a lot of things well, so I am drawing that so it is logicial but other than that no

you can probably get him for Caron who imo is fast approaching change of scenary but maybe not....Brick and Jack talked about him, Jaffe has as well....he is a Bruins type, and was a Bruins property before

Iginla is a HOF and after 2 goals over 28 games and being called out for indifferent and inconstent play by former teammate Rhett Warriner on a local Calgary radio station has picked it up

but if you trade for Iginla you have to play him on the top 6....are you going to give him to Kelly? or are we back to dropping Seguin down....I'll take Iginla for a bundle package that includes Caron and picks but I hate even giving up a first because this is a decent draft according to my Red Line Reports and other stuff I read up on

I'M AMAZED AND SO ARE SOME OF MY FRIENDS THAT OCCASSIONALLY POST HERE BUT LURK HOW THE FANS HAVE FORGOT HOW THE CAPITALS FOURTH LINE GROUNDED THE BRUINS DEFENSE INTO HAMBURG- AND FRONT AND CENTER WAS HENDRICKS.

My first choice was Ryder- three points last night, best Canadien on the ice

my second choice is Sobotka- Bruins had apparently the most scouts (3) at the Blues game last night but probably looking at other players and Hitchcock said Sobotka has been many games his best three zone player and the one guy who takes the body consistently. Not sure what it would cost

The logical guy to me if he can get healthy is Knight- his game is the NHL version; said it before reminds me of a bigger faster Danny Gare. He could be on the ice maybe even today or later this week if the Bruins give him clearance.

bottom line to me unless someone on the top 6 goes down that aint the problem its the wear down the D, and play all over the ice players they need and Hendricks is right at the top of my list- all you had to do was watch him last night. You dont have to give up Knight, Caron, and a first for him as Dale suggested for Iginla.

I hope Chiarelli is paying attention because he really could use Sobotka right now- what a total mismanaged move that was- and I like Warsofsky alot, but he could have gotten him for a third rounder and/or a Sauve. Hitchcock and Blues fans are happy but he'd be perfect right now- and he's a better player than last seen

also go watch the video of him slamming John Scott and Tyler Myers or more recently Ryan Suter...dont see much of that here from our forwards
Yeah I wouldn't mind Sobotka or Hendricks as retreads. 2 good bottom 6 forwards. Would fit in seamlessly.

Old
03-06-2013, 06:42 AM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Sobotka isnt going anywhere unless it is for a roster player. Theyre trying to contend this year out here. He's also a pretty solid fan favorite here after Oshie. He also said at training camp in a townhall style meet the blues event thing that he absolutely does not like Boston anymore.

Dan, you've been completely against most trades and ideas brought up here, even mockingly so at some points..what are you giving up off the roster to get Sobotka?

Old
03-06-2013, 06:48 AM
remer

From Ty Anderson's column:
For the love of God.. why is Chris Bourque still on the power-play?

Hey, does this make sense? You’re a healthy scratch on Sunday night in a game that’s pitting you against a middle-of-the-road penalty-killing club in the Montreal Canadiens, but when you return to the ice on Tuesday night, you’re quarterbacking the Bruins’ second power-play unit? No, I didn’t think so, but such is the life of Boston forward Chris Bourque.

Yes, somehow someway, the 5-foot-7 son of Ray Bourque is still seeing significant time on the Black-and-Gold’s man-advantage. Are you as baffled as I am? God, I’d hope so.

As well documented now, the Bruins’ power-play is atrocious. It’s the definition of terrible, and that’s even when you consider its recent success.

Now, one of the reasons why it’s been such a complete disaster has been the lack of production from the club’s second unit, a.k.a the one that features Bourque, among several others.Through 18 games this year, the 27-year-old Bourque’s averaged 2:05 of power-play time on ice per game. That puts him seventh among Boston forwards, and with that abundance of time, he’s tallied a grand total of one goal and three assists, with all three on the power-play.

Enough said!

Old
03-06-2013, 06:55 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
Sobotka isnt going anywhere unless it is for a roster player. Theyre trying to contend this year out here. He's also a pretty solid fan favorite here after Oshie. He also said at training camp in a townhall style meet the blues event thing that he absolutely does not like Boston anymore.

Dan, you've been completely against most trades and ideas brought up here, even mockingly so at some points..what are you giving up off the roster to get Sobotka?
I'm basically just whining about Sobotka- I know he doesn't want to come back, I'm still pissed at how they handled him. The top 6 is very good and the problem is third line. I'd go for Clowe in a heart beat but unless Horton leaves after year this has to be a rental then it comes what do you give up. Under No circumstance do I move prospects identified as top 6-9 F or top 4 D in any rental unless God appears and guarantees the Cup, only veer from the big picture when your job needs to be saved and you care only about yourself and chia doesn't. Get Clowe I'd love it but I think I know who they'd want and I'd pass

Old
03-06-2013, 07:01 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Chargers View Post
Don't be so tough Allison.
One L.

I am Boston Strong

Old
03-06-2013, 07:06 AM
KrejciMVP

I'm all for Knight and Spooner playing up here. I can't believe Bourque is playing over Caron when Caron had a decent 2nd half last year

Old
03-06-2013, 07:11 AM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Quote:
I'm basically just whining about Sobotka- I know he doesn't want to come back, I'm still pissed at how they handled him. The top 6 is very good and the problem is third line. I'd go for Clowe in a heart beat but unless Horton leaves after year this has to be a rental then it comes what do you give up. Under No circumstance do I move prospects identified as top 6-9 F or top 4 D in any rental unless God appears and guarantees the Cup, only veer from the big picture when your job needs to be saved and you care only about yourself and chia doesn't. Get Clowe I'd love it but I think I know who they'd want and I'd pass
Ahh understood, I agree to an extent about Sobotka but it was also obvious that he needed to be playing center not wing..and we were hoping to get savvy back at the time, along with bergeron, krejci, and a just drafted seguin.

But thats a different topic for a different day.

If Iginla came down to one of knight/spooner, caron, and a pick. Id have a very hard time saying no and a very hard time believing he'd be a rental if I am chia but I personally am more concerned with the back end. Our bottom pairing is awful and we have a rookie in our top 4. Come playoff time, that could limit chia, ESPECIALLY if he wants to pur Chara and Sieds together.

Your bottom 4 is

Boychuk-Hamilton
Ference-McQuaid.

That makes me very nervous

Old
03-06-2013, 07:15 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
How they handled him?

If the guy could play wing, or didn't piss and moan about playing wing, he would still be here. But he didn't, and now he is gone. My lord, talk about overrated. Yikes

Old
03-06-2013, 07:23 AM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
From Ty Anderson's column:
For the love of God.. why is Chris Bourque still on the power-play?

Hey, does this make sense? You’re a healthy scratch on Sunday night in a game that’s pitting you against a middle-of-the-road penalty-killing club in the Montreal Canadiens, but when you return to the ice on Tuesday night, you’re quarterbacking the Bruins’ second power-play unit? No, I didn’t think so, but such is the life of Boston forward Chris Bourque.

Yes, somehow someway, the 5-foot-7 son of Ray Bourque is still seeing significant time on the Black-and-Gold’s man-advantage. Are you as baffled as I am? God, I’d hope so.

As well documented now, the Bruins’ power-play is atrocious. It’s the definition of terrible, and that’s even when you consider its recent success.

Now, one of the reasons why it’s been such a complete disaster has been the lack of production from the club’s second unit, a.k.a the one that features Bourque, among several others.Through 18 games this year, the 27-year-old Bourque’s averaged 2:05 of power-play time on ice per game. That puts him seventh among Boston forwards, and with that abundance of time, he’s tallied a grand total of one goal and three assists, with all three on the power-play.

Enough said!
Bourque is the very least of our problem. But, as usual, when a pseudo-expert has nothing to say or write about, he's taking the easy road.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:24 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrejciMVP View Post
I'm all for Knight and Spooner playing up here. I can't believe Bourque is playing over Caron when Caron had a decent 2nd half last year
Caron was outplayed by Bourque in Providence early in the year I guess that's why he is here not that I agree with it. Caron was a 1st round pick and I do think the Bruins should be working with him and not just leave him struggling in Providence. I think he gets moved anyways

Old
03-06-2013, 07:35 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Sucks that the Islanders are hanging in there, I want Chia to bring in Streit

Streit and Alfredsson

Last edited by Bruinsfan_37: 03-06-2013 at 07:45 AM.
Old
03-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Bauer3000

Quote:
Unless the plan is to acquire Clowe this year with the intention of keeping him and letting Horton walk at the end of the year leaving you with a top 6 next year of:
Lucic krejci seguin
Marchand Bergeron Clowe

Just a thought

Old
03-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
Caron was outplayed by Bourque in Providence early in the year I guess that's why he is here not that I agree with it. Caron was a 1st round pick and I do think the Bruins should be working with him and not just leave him struggling in Providence. I think he gets moved anyways
You think just because he's in Providence they aren't working with him?

Old
03-06-2013, 07:44 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
You think just because he's in Providence they aren't working with him?
In Providence yes, sorry I meant up here in Boston. He should be up here but that's my opinion

Old
03-06-2013, 07:52 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
In Providence yes, sorry I meant up here in Boston. He should be up here but that's my opinion
I agree. Give him a shot at least.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:58 AM
bp13

To recap as of this morning...

- Our most-talented player is on pace for a 20 goal season
- Our power play is a disgrace, again
- We are middle of the pack in the NHL in goals against when leading
- Our D-zone coverage is seemingly getting worse by the game

With the issues above, we're still spending most of our time ripping our 3rd line LW or #5/6 defenseman and trying to find a replacement for each?

Old
03-06-2013, 08:01 AM
Caballo Blanco
2014 Conn Smythe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins04 View Post
‏@KKurzCSN
Lots of Eastern Conference scouts at the game again tonight, including Boston, who some think are scouting Ryane Clowe. #SJSharks
Clowe ? I'm all for it but it seems to go against Chiarelli's plans as of late of building one of the smallest forward crews in the league.

Closed Thread