HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

B.Richards to Toronto

Old
03-06-2013, 08:34 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post
Brad had his chance to play for the Buds, but he turned them away over a pittiable amount of money. Brad and Glen must live with their tragic decision whatever the results!
he's got 1+ seasons to show that this funk is just that and not a trend.

Richards continues his suckage, he's bought out in the summer of 2014

Cap hit waived Buh-Bye

Then you can have him for free.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:38 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
I think most teams would pass on him due to this contract apart maybe from those at the bottom who are just trying to reach the cap floor and don't spend that much beyond it. I.e they have a low internal budget compared to other teams. Just another big contract the Rangers will have to suck up and deal with.

Shrimper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:48 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
I think most teams would pass on him due to this contract apart maybe from those at the bottom who are just trying to reach the cap floor and don't spend that much beyond it. I.e they have a low internal budget compared to other teams. Just another big contract the Rangers will have to suck up and deal with.
something that they have never had a problem doing.

Money is not an issue.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:50 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
something that they have never had a problem doing.

Money is not an issue.
Cap is the issue, they can't Wade Reddon him either. If he isn't playing better a trade is a great way out for the Rangers as it gets them assets while freeing up cap space.

It would be comical tho if Sather unloaded BR similar to the Gomez deal where he gets a young player back who's amazing and the other team gets stuck with a aging and regressing has been.

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:50 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Brad had his chance to play for the Buds, but he turned them away over a pittiable amount of money. Brad and Glen must live with their tragic decision whatever the results!
Tragic?

This is the worst case Scenario:

-In 2014, Richards looks like Gomez in 2011.
-Sather calls Dolan and through the oasis of cash that is Cablevision pays him the rest of the contract, using the 2nd buyout allowed per the CBA.
-Richards gets his money right away, and signs a $1 million contract with some other team.
-NY signs another centre or fills the role from within.

That doesn't seem tragic to me.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:52 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
Cap is the issue, they can't Wade Reddon him either. If he isn't playing better a trade is a great way out for the Rangers as it gets them assets while freeing up cap space.

It would be comical tho if Sather unloaded BR similar to the Gomez deal where he gets a young player back who's amazing and the other team gets stuck with a aging and regressing has been.
2ND COMPLIANCE BUYOUT PERMITTED IN CBA.

/SPECULATION OF RICHARDS CONTRACT HANDICAPPING NEW YORK.

I hate to use caps, but too many people think NY's hands are tied when they are not.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Sundinisagod
next great swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnor9sean View Post
Brad Richards said that he had no interest in going to Toronto when he was a UFA, why would he waive his NTC to go there now?

Yet he and his agent did meet with Leaf's brass to mull over the Leafs contract offer when he became a UFA.

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:09 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
Yet he and his agent did meet with Leaf's brass to mull over the Leafs contract offer when he became a UFA.
I'd imagine that if he was actually a UFA again (we'll assume he won't be dealt principally due to the Full No-Movement Clause, and he doesn't have the line-up for his services like in 2011, he won't be so picky. I doubt he didn't like Toronto, he probably just like NYC more.

I mean as a resident of Toronto, I love the city. It's great. Ignore my city in my avi. I just moved to Toronto, right in between the ACC & Rogers Centre. I love it. However, moving to NYC would be completely different. It's an experience you just HAVE to take. A guy like Richards due to his Canadian citizenship could easily settle in Toronto and live well. Being paid, taken care of, and playing in MSG while his career still going is an experience that I don't fault him for taking.

I'd never want to permanently live in Manhatten - I like Canada & the GTA too much, but for 5 years, I'd relish it.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:18 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post

As mentioned previously.

Each team gets two compliance buyouts to use before the start of the 2014-15 season.

The Rangers used their first on Wade Redden and will have another one to use in 2 summers.

That's why I stated in a previous post that Richards has 1+ seasons and two playoffs to get right.

If what we are seeing here is a trend and not just a funk, Richards is bought out in summer 2014.

No cap hit whatsoever.

It's also why I keep saying over and over that Richards is NOT a tradable asset.

He retires before this current deal is up, the Rangers are on the hook for significant cap re-capture dead cap space. Not a problem if they were spending to just the floor. It's a MAJOR problem when they always spend to the upper limit.

They can't hide the contract ala Redden, but they can make the contract disappear altogether.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:20 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
If you want to maximize the contract you are going to get, you HAVE to meet with everyone.

That gives off the impression that every team is a serious contender for your services.

If you are a free agent in any sport, you NEVER publically limit the market.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:34 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
I'd imagine that if he was actually a UFA again (we'll assume he won't be dealt principally due to the Full No-Movement Clause, and he doesn't have the line-up for his services like in 2011, he won't be so picky. I doubt he didn't like Toronto, he probably just like NYC more.

I mean as a resident of Toronto, I love the city. It's great. Ignore my city in my avi. I just moved to Toronto, right in between the ACC & Rogers Centre. I love it. However, moving to NYC would be completely different. It's an experience you just HAVE to take. A guy like Richards due to his Canadian citizenship could easily settle in Toronto and live well. Being paid, taken care of, and playing in MSG while his career still going is an experience that I don't fault him for taking.

I'd never want to permanently live in Manhatten - I like Canada & the GTA too much, but for 5 years, I'd relish it.

so sorry to hear that, although the panhandling must be good in a primo spot like that(especially game days), good enough I suppose to provide the odd respite in an internet cafe in order to post on Hf boards

gawd Mississauga must've been H-E-double hockey sticks

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Pi

I don't want Brad Richards, he's 32-33 years old on a retirement contract. Go for Stastny instead.

Pi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:39 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
he's got 1+ seasons to show that this funk is just that and not a trend.

Richards continues his suckage, he's bought out in the summer of 2014

Cap hit waived Buh-Bye

Then you can have him for free.

Look! I know Bob Gainey is no longer the man in Montreal, but he is still a staff consultant. Perhaps the Rags can save themselves a few bucks, have Glen drop a dime and convince Bobsled that Brad would be worth their while...........and just like that no lingering cap impact going forward and possibly a good solid prospect in return

You're Welcome

Old
03-06-2013, 09:39 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
so sorry to hear that, although the panhandling must be good in a primo spot like that(especially game days), good enough I suppose to provide the odd respite in an internet cafe in order to post on Hf boards

gawd Mississauga must've been H-E-double hockey sticks

despite, the shady scalpers in the area etc, the areas and condos in the area are nice. It is also less than a 10 minute from my job at Bay & King (I use Hfboards to break up my work haha), which I'd like to point out isn't begging, rather a High Yield analyst - another reason why NYC (Wall Street) sounds lucrative.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:42 AM
TOGuy14

Considering that Getzlaf will probably end up signing a UFA contract somewhere very close to the value of Richard's and he is better and younger than Richards, I think Toronto will wait to see how that situation plays out before they even consider going in this direction

FWIW, if Richards gets bought out I see him going back to Dallas or Tampa

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Considering that Getzlaf will probably end up signing a UFA contract somewhere very close to the value of Richard's and he is better and younger than Richards, I think Toronto will wait to see how that situation plays out before they even consider going in this direction

FWIW, if Richards gets bought out I see him going back to Dallas or Tampa
Getzlaf is going to sign in Anaheim...

Would have loved to throw 7x8.5 at him and buy out whoever we need to balance the cap.

Best center available to the Leafs is Paul Stastny. He played great when he had good wingers...and Lupul and Kessel are very good.

He's a good playamaker and good defensively, wins more than 50% of his faceoffs but comes with a 6.6M cap hit and he's UFA after next season.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:45 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

Quote:
Look! I know Bob Gainey is no longer the man in Montreal, but he is still a staff consultant. Perhaps the Rags can save themselves a few bucks, have Glen drop a dime and convince Bobsled that Brad would be worth their while...........and just like that no lingering cap impact going forward and possibly a good solid prospect in return

You're Welcome
The buyout would leave no lingering impact, it's a compliance buyout. In fact, there's a bigger risk in trading Richards, because if he decided to retire, we'd be stuck with his cap hit until the year the contract was supposed to end.

03-06-2013, 09:46 AM
KapG

Quote:
NMC.
But honestly,
Grabovski, Kulemin, MacArthur

For

Richards, Boyle, 2nd

I'd be interested there...
of course you would be.

why would the leafs ?

KapG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
The buyout would leave no lingering impact, it's a compliance buyout. In fact, there's a bigger risk in trading Richards, because if he decided to retire, we'd be stuck with his cap hit until the year the contract was supposed to end.
Does that mean that Richards gets bought out no matter what?

Why can't you trade him to the Flames if they are desperate and give good value?

Richards retiring is at least 5-6 years down the road.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:50 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
despite, the shady scalpers in the area etc, the areas and condos in the area are nice. It is also less than a 10 minute from my job at Bay & King (I use Hfboards to break up my work haha), which I'd like to point out isn't begging, rather a High Yield analyst - another reason why NYC (Wall Street) sounds lucrative.
High Yield Analyst? so from beggar to thief just like that

anyways no worries, I know the area quite well, very uptown and trendy for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

your friend did say 2014 which I believe is not a compliance buy-out

Old
03-06-2013, 09:50 AM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

You can keep B.Rich. We will take our chances on Grabo who has the lesser of two evil contracts here and Kadri. Leafs need to develope our own centre and not throw away the core/future to obtain one that is slowing down.

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:51 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

Quote:
your friend did say 2014 which I believe is not a compliance buy-out
The Rangers can use their 2nd compliance buyout in the summer of 2014. They're available to use until then.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:01 AM
pld459666

Quote:

You're Welcome
You're not getting it.

Trade Brad Richards and he retires in 3 years, the Rangers are the team with the massive dead-space cap hit for 4 years after.

Buy Richards out in the summer of 2014, there is no lingering cap impact.

Let me repeat that.

Buying Brad Richards out in the summer of 2014 would result in no cap hit going forward.

Let me know what part of this you do not understand.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:05 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Does that mean that Richards gets bought out no matter what?

Why can't you trade him to the Flames if they are desperate and give good value?

Richards retiring is at least 5-6 years down the road.
no guarantee of that and if he retires in 5 years, the Rangers are still left holding a massive cap hit.

No thanks Unless the Flames are trading us Iginla and your 1st thsi year, other wise it makes NO SENSE

Old
03-06-2013, 10:30 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

New York Rangers

Overpaying via FA since 2000.

Sather just never learns

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote