HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Austin on Rock-Cena II: "They really need to dig deep and up their game this time"

Old
03-04-2013, 10:45 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133
Austin on Rock-Cena II: "They really need to dig deep and up their game this time"

Quote:
WRESTLING legend Stone Cold Steve Austin has told The Rock and John Cena to improve on their match at last year’s WrestleMania.

Rock and Cena clash again at Sunday’s WrestleMania 29 and Austin had some harsh but fair words for his ring peers.

Speaking exclusively to SunSport, Austin said: “Did you see last year’s match? It was OK, but nothing special.

“They really need to dig deep and up their game this time.”
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...heir-game.html

03-04-2013, 11:22 PM
RussianRocket10

vCash: 500
Well he's right.

RussianRocket10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:03 AM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 50
Very true.

Last year they had the benefit of building a match that everyone wanted to see but nobody had seen before. This year, it's a match that some want to see and most have seen before. They've got a much higher mountain to climb and deservedly so as they are the main event.

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Richie10

I don't think Cena/Rock can afford to work a straight shooting, clean match again, no matter how technically well performed it is or how well either is in shape. They're going to have to pull out some major swerves or some other kind of drama here to engage the audience. Either a dirty Cena win, or a Rock swerve, or some kind of totally unseen run-in. SOMETHING other than two man bears throwing each other around the ring and overselling everything. That's exactly what everyone does NOT want to see.

Hopefully there is something in the works there, because I don't think anyone is particularly excited for that match.

Richie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:36 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
It sure is a tough act to follow. Only way I can see it top the last, is if Cena wins this dirty and turns heel.

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:35 AM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
I don't think Cena/Rock can afford to work a straight shooting, clean match again, no matter how technically well performed it is or how well either is in shape. They're going to have to pull out some major swerves or some other kind of drama here to engage the audience. Either a dirty Cena win, or a Rock swerve, or some kind of totally unseen run-in. SOMETHING other than two man bears throwing each other around the ring and overselling everything. That's exactly what everyone does NOT want to see.

Hopefully there is something in the works there, because I don't think anyone is particularly excited for that match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post
It sure is a tough act to follow. Only way I can see it top the last, is if Cena wins this dirty and turns heel.
Agree with both of you guys.

Proper booking is to put the belt back on Cena IMO. As much as I don't want to see it, Cena should get the title back. But, it's going to be disgusting if it's just a straight up 25 minute singles match with Cena hulking up and winning clean. I fear the worst: Rock his a couple Rock Bottoms throughout the match and it never puts Cena down for 3. So he hits a Rock Bottom, say the 3rd of the match, but instead of going for the cover he goes for a People's Elbow. Cena drags him into an STF and Rock taps.

What they need to do is give Cena a questionable victory, one that gets the wheels turning on whether he's going heel finally. Then at the next ppv when Rock gets his rematch, Cena pulls an even worse stunt, and rips into the crowd the next night on Raw.

chuckdobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:39 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
They could do like an Austin/Rock (WM 17) which would be very different and unique.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:54 AM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
They could do like an Austin/Rock (WM 17) which would be very different and unique.
Vince is so over as a face though. It would almost have to be a guy like Heyman.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

What I'd book:

Over the next few weeks on Raw, have Cena put over how much the loss hurt him and how badly he needs redemption and how he'll do anything to right the wrong. Typical IWC reads into his comments as him turning heel. We're special like that.

Rock continues putting over how he KNOWS he can beat Cena because he's done it and he'll do it again at Wrestlemania. Rock says Cena will always go down as the man that got beat by The Rock twice. The go-home show to Wrestlemania concludes with Cena snapping and he and Rock brawling, leading to the locker room pulling them apart.

Wrestlemania, I have two scenarios in mind:

A) Cena has his usual big Wrestlemania entrance in all black attire, black shorts, etc...they wrestle for about 12 minutes until the referee takes a bump and chaos ensues. Tons of brawling around ringside, Cena starts showing glimpses of him doing anything and low blows The Rock to a mixed reaction. Cena notices the referee is still out leads to him getting a steel chair and going crazy o The Rock, a la WM17 Austin-Rock. Cena throws the chair out of the ring and the referee comes to, but when Cena goes for the cover, its only a 2 count. Cena takes off the turnbuckle padding to distract the ref, and then gets the WWE title and nails Rock in the head and picks up the victory. Next night on Raw - Cena puts over the fact that he said he NEEDED to right the wrong and he said he'd do anything to do that, and he did. It leads to a final encounter between Rock-Cena at Extreme Rules, a Last Man Standing match.

OR

B) Cena-Rock are wrestling a clean match for about 13-15 minutes when Paul Heyman suddenly makes his presence felt. Rock-Heyman would have a brief backstage segment on the go-home Raw. Rock would turn his attention to Heyman and drag him into the ring, but as the ref would push Paul out, Cena would have his steel chain and nail The Rock in the head behind the referees back. Cena-Heyman look at each other and lip "anything" to each other. Cena goes bat **** insane as he gets mental images of WM28 when Rock beat Cena and takes it to The Rock. John Cena gets the win and Heyman and Cena acknowledge each other in the ring to close. Leads to Rock-Cena III at Extreme Rules and plants the seeds for Rock-Brock at WM30.

Now, A equals Cena remaining face, which is what WWE wants, but having a more edgy, ruthless, aggressive side. B equals a full heel turn, which WWE wont want, not right now at least.

Wwe booking says Cena wins a clean match, but they have to realize that post-WM, the product will be dreadful and bland and they need to do something about it. Cena showing a new side would do that. Also, it would lead up to Cena-Taker at WM30.

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:28 AM
chuckdobbins

That is some excellent writing, seriously man, that's really REALLY good.

I got the shivers reading over the B scenario, B standing for "Better" of course

The reason the second scenario works is because it sets up another main event calibur match between Rock and Brock. Since WWE seems to enjoy telling us what next year's main event will be, this makes sense.

Cena as a major heel though, I just don't know who would dethrone him. Maybe Orton gets a strong face push in that case. To be honest, I don't care, and maybe that's short sighted of me. I just think Cena winning in that fashion would be so crazy, I don't care what happens down the road.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:49 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
I could just hear the announcers now...

"At what cost Cena!?! At what cost!? You are turning your back on all of your fans! To win a damn match??" Beauty.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Snipeshow

Both scenarios sound way better than what is likely going to happen.

Snipeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

I'm sending in an application to WWE Corporate.

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:54 AM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I could just hear the announcers now...

"At what cost Cena!?! At what cost!? You are turning your back on all of your fans! To win a damn match??" Beauty.
This really is a fantastic idea. Perfect actually. If JBL is on commentary he will put Cena over as a heel with ease. Let Cole and King cry about it.

It would honestly make the ppv an enormous success IMO, and would make me feel a lot better about the price I had to pay for a non-obstructed view ticket

Old
03-06-2013, 11:43 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
make sure you say you have experience writing for a soap opera. I suggest Coronation Street

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 03:15 PM
elias026

I can see Cena kicking out of a couple of Rock bottoms and a people's elbow and by "defying all the odds" hits the AA and wins

elias026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong

Can't be any worse than their match last year. I think I dozed off during that one.

Topshelf8188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis

vCash: 400
Rock got boring as hell on the mic. Every week he comes out talking about the hometown airport, the main boulevard bla bla bla. And then someone interrupts him.

Chris Pronger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 04:59 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

I actually liked their match last year

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 05:05 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

Quote:
What I'd book:
I like the second scenario better. I'd have Heyman run out with Cena's chain and have Cena look conflicted but still grabs it and uses it on Rock. Cena becomes champ. The next night, Cena comes out to explain his actions but during the promo he decides he doesn't need to explain his actions to the fans; he did it so that he could avenge his loss and that's all that matters. Cena/Rock III at Extreme Rules ends with Cena still taking a dirty way out to give him the edge in the rubber match and eventualy turns full heel.

Now, I'd have Cena run as a heel until SummerSlam. Let a bunch of faces try to get the belt off of him during that time and see if any stars rise to the top. Who knows, we could get a new top babyface if the opportunity is there for someone to take it. If a new face hasn't shown themselves yet then have Cena lose the belt at SummerSlam, regret his actions, beg for forgiveness from the fans and begin to run as a face again. At least they've tried Cena as a heel and have a storyline that gets people talking. He starts running as a face soon and you're back to square one.

Last edited by Engebretson: 03-06-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 06:22 PM
The Shockmaster
AKA SheamusFan

vCash: 450
Quote:
What I'd book:

Over the next few weeks on Raw, have Cena put over how much the loss hurt him and how badly he needs redemption and how he'll do anything to right the wrong. Typical IWC reads into his comments as him turning heel. We're special like that.

Rock continues putting over how he KNOWS he can beat Cena because he's done it and he'll do it again at Wrestlemania. Rock says Cena will always go down as the man that got beat by The Rock twice. The go-home show to Wrestlemania concludes with Cena snapping and he and Rock brawling, leading to the locker room pulling them apart.

Wrestlemania, I have two scenarios in mind:

A) Cena has his usual big Wrestlemania entrance in all black attire, black shorts, etc...they wrestle for about 12 minutes until the referee takes a bump and chaos ensues. Tons of brawling around ringside, Cena starts showing glimpses of him doing anything and low blows The Rock to a mixed reaction. Cena notices the referee is still out leads to him getting a steel chair and going crazy o The Rock, a la WM17 Austin-Rock. Cena throws the chair out of the ring and the referee comes to, but when Cena goes for the cover, its only a 2 count. Cena takes off the turnbuckle padding to distract the ref, and then gets the WWE title and nails Rock in the head and picks up the victory. Next night on Raw - Cena puts over the fact that he said he NEEDED to right the wrong and he said he'd do anything to do that, and he did. It leads to a final encounter between Rock-Cena at Extreme Rules, a Last Man Standing match.

OR

B) Cena-Rock are wrestling a clean match for about 13-15 minutes when Paul Heyman suddenly makes his presence felt. Rock-Heyman would have a brief backstage segment on the go-home Raw. Rock would turn his attention to Heyman and drag him into the ring, but as the ref would push Paul out, Cena would have his steel chain and nail The Rock in the head behind the referees back. Cena-Heyman look at each other and lip "anything" to each other. Cena goes bat **** insane as he gets mental images of WM28 when Rock beat Cena and takes it to The Rock. John Cena gets the win and Heyman and Cena acknowledge each other in the ring to close. Leads to Rock-Cena III at Extreme Rules and plants the seeds for Rock-Brock at WM30.

Now, A equals Cena remaining face, which is what WWE wants, but having a more edgy, ruthless, aggressive side. B equals a full heel turn, which WWE wont want, not right now at least.

Wwe booking says Cena wins a clean match, but they have to realize that post-WM, the product will be dreadful and bland and they need to do something about it. Cena showing a new side would do that. Also, it would lead up to Cena-Taker at WM30.
You know, you could just replace Stephanie McMahon. Please.

The Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Vince is so over as a face though. It would almost have to be a guy like Heyman.
They could turn Vince very easily to a heel. He was full blown heel during the original Cena/Punk storyline. All he would have to do if turn on HHH.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 02:46 PM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

Quote:
Well, look at that. They are currently looking for a creative writer. Haha.

TheMurdocktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Go to Sleep
CM Vanek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfever View Post
Rock got boring as hell on the mic. Every week he comes out talking about the hometown airport, the main boulevard bla bla bla. And then someone interrupts him.
"Finally The Rock has come back to [insert name of city]"

Go to Sleep is offline   Reply With Quote