HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Changes I want to see the NHL make

Old
03-06-2013, 03:10 AM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

vCash: 500
......make the penalized player play with a broom ball stick, or remove one skate
......extend side pockets on the nets for the power play
......make the rink concave and put a bubble over the whole top and then use rubber bouncy balls instead of a puck but have like 10 of them in play at the same time!

sensfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 04:54 AM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

vCash: 50
All players should be mic'd up. With our remotes at home we can switch between commentators and live player voices on the ice.

Dysentery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 06:15 AM
kilroy

I personally want to get rid of the shootout entirely. I know it won't happen, but I don't want it in the NHL.

What I'd like to see is go to a longer overtime, say ten minutes, of 4 on 4. Ties get 1 point, wins 3 points, 0 for a loss.

Also, I think there should be some defined mandatory minimum suspensions for certain things, like hitting to the head. Shanahan's role would be to determine if the play warrants additional games on top of the mandatory minimum. I'd also suggest having the mandatory suspensions stack as the player becomes a repeat offender.

So: A hit to the head gets a player a minimum of 2 games (for example). Shanahan reviews it and says nothing else is necessary. Later in the season, the same player hits someone else in the head, and since its his second offense, he is suspended 4 games and Shanahan reviews the play for additional suspensions.

Maybe provide players with an appeal process, since sometimes the original call leading to the suspension is a mistake.

Defined and known minimum supplementary discipline would go a long way to reducing particular types of play and would be a bit more fair than the guesswork system that's currently in place.

One last thing: Automatic and severe penalties for diving and embellishment. Get that **** out of the game, fast.

Last edited by kilroy: 03-06-2013 at 06:27 AM.
kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:02 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Get rid of every single circle, and make the crease go out to (where) the hashmarks once were...

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:46 AM
Stylizer1
Stone Cold Stunner

vCash: 709
If a goal is scored on a delayed penalty the other team still goes to the box.

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:51 AM
18Hossa

Make the crease a bit bigger and extend it behind the net. Outside of the crease would make the goalies fair game to be hit.

18Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:58 AM
metalfoot
Karlsson!

All overtime is sudden death overtime, like in the playoffs. No ties. That would eliminate some of the strategy of playing for a regulation tie.

metalfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:01 AM
18Hossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfoot View Post
All overtime is sudden death overtime, like in the playoffs. No ties. That would eliminate some of the strategy of playing for a regulation tie.
OT is always sudden death...

18Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:02 AM
metalfoot
Karlsson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
OT is always sudden death...
I mean, no other way of resolving the game (I realized I wasn't clear). Either a team scores or the game just keeps going. 2 for a win, 0 for a loss. Period.

metalfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:30 AM
Zorf
Let's win it all- MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfoot View Post
I mean, no other way of resolving the game (I realized I wasn't clear). Either a team scores or the game just keeps going. 2 for a win, 0 for a loss. Period.
Would never happen for regular season games. Teams don't want to play all night and have a game the next day.

If you go 4 on 4 for 10 minutes, i'm sure there would be a goal.

also, what is so wrong with a tie game? Why do we need a winner? So lame.

I hate the shootout. I would abolish it to the depths of hell if I could.

I would keep the trapezoid, but would make it a bigger area. That would reduce a lot of d-men being run into the end boards.

Hybrid icing. If d-man has a clear step on the attacking fwd by the hashmarks, the linesman blows the play dead.

I like the mandatory suspension idea, and I like stiffer enforcement of diving penalties.

Zorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Senateurs
Let's win it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post

Credit the player who scores the winning shootout goal with the point.
If you score the goal that wins it for your team you deserve the point. Yes

The winning team of the shootout gets only 1 point. 2 points for a regulation or overtime win. No points for a loss. Yes

If you are in the penalty box and overtime is still tied you have to shoot last on your team. Yes

Teams who are in first place in their division get a top 8 seeding based on their points but are not guaranteed to be in the top 3. Yes

No icing the puck on a penalty kill. Icing should be icing always. Yes, and a penalty should be for the full 2 mins.
I would also remove the trapezoid and let the coach challenge 1 play per game on a goal situation.

Senateurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:07 AM
Senators Growing
Next year again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian Power View Post
No icing on the penalty kill? Are you kidding me? That would be awful and very, very mean.
Nah, it would just mean players would need to skate and pass (required hockey skills) insteaed of just slapping it out every 25 seconds. All for it here.

I'd go even more extreme though:

Goalies can no longer freeze the puck by using their trapper or freezing the puck on the ice. Goaltenders must return the puck to play immediately or suffer a Delay of Game penalty. A Goaltender who consistently refuses to activate the puck will receive an unsportsmanlike conduct for the first offense, then a game misconduct.

Basically, no more stopping the play constantly. Keep the puck in movement or be shorthanded. Would create a lot of erratic, exciting play in the defensive end and goaltenders would become better puck-handlers, good for your D and for everyone.

Shot/Pass clock.

Just to enrage everyone, mostly the purists. Five seconds to pass or five seconds to shoot. Willing to up to 10 seconds. No more just dawdling around the ice for seemingly minutes on end.

No back passing short-handed. Keep moving the puck forward.

Senators Growing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Lenny the Lynx

No slapshots, no hitting, no raising the puck. Games start with players throwing their sticks in the middle of the ice and the youngest player divvies them up to pick teams.

Lenny the Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:28 AM
operasen

3 points for a win; 2 for OT/SO Win plus 1 for OT/SO Loss

operasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:38 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 145
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
The team who wins the Cup has to strip live on the ice. Make them think twice about winning it

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
No icing the puck on a penalty kill. Icing should be icing always
I'd definitely be on board with this. At the very least, they should have to vacate their own zone. There's no skill involved in just whacking the puck 200 feet like PK'ers get to do now.

Buck Aki Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Senateurs
Let's win it all

I don't like to 3 pts for regulation win. Should be 2 or nothing.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:48 AM
OneManArmy65*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFanDan View Post
Nah, it would just mean players would need to skate and pass (required hockey skills) insteaed of just slapping it out every 25 seconds. All for it here.

I'd go even more extreme though:

Goalies can no longer freeze the puck by using their trapper or freezing the puck on the ice. Goaltenders must return the puck to play immediately or suffer a Delay of Game penalty. A Goaltender who consistently refuses to activate the puck will receive an unsportsmanlike conduct for the first offense, then a game misconduct.

Basically, no more stopping the play constantly. Keep the puck in movement or be shorthanded. Would create a lot of erratic, exciting play in the defensive end and goaltenders would become better puck-handlers, good for your D and for everyone.

Shot/Pass clock.

Just to enrage everyone, mostly the purists. Five seconds to pass or five seconds to shoot. Willing to up to 10 seconds. No more just dawdling around the ice for seemingly minutes on end.

No back passing short-handed. Keep moving the puck forward.
Can I introduce you to the NBA? :3

OneManArmy65* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

No icing on the PK?!

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:52 AM
darglor

vCash: 9337
Award appropriate assists on a penalty shot. If the idea is to recreate the situation that led to the hooking/tripping/whatever, why should the passer be robbed of his assist just because someone on the other team broke the rules?

darglor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Senateurs
Let's win it all

About suspensions.

When player A from team A gets five games, he misses the next five games on the calendar. So every other team will benefit from facing team A. Now, your team that has an injured player because of a dirty hit from player A has to go on without him and see all the other teams face a weakened team A. When player A is back from his suspension, he could be in the line up against you but you’re still missing your top guy.

So for example, Kaleta should not only be suspended for 5 games but also for the next five games against the NYR.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:17 PM
UFA Unicorn
#peskysens

Some good points made by everyone. Hereís what Iíd like:

Game Play:
-No hand passes in the D zone. I thought this league wanted offence, why help the defence out?
-No touch icing.
-10 min OT. Why limit the most exciting part of the game?
-No shootout. I turn the channel once it goes to the shootout. Yawn.
-2 pts for a win. 0 pts for a loss. 1 pt each for a tie. What is wrong with ties?
-If you must have a loser point, then 3 for reg win, 2 for OT win, and 1 for OT loss. Iím so tired of teams playing the last few minutes of regulation to secure the loser point.
-Fighting has become so boring (and staged) Iím now in favour of its complete removal
-I hate the face wash in a scrum. Make it a 2 min misconduct. Get the offender off the ice but the team isnít short handed.
-Delay of game for goalies covering up the puck outside the crease (within reason). Why is the goalie now allowed to cover it up at the side of the net, behind the goal line.
-I like the idea of a coaching challenge. Give each team 10 challenges for the entire year. They can only use a max of 1 per game. They can choose if the instance is worth wasting one of the 10 on.
-Give each team 2 challenges for each playoff series. Max 1 used per game.
-Would like to see the refs and linesmen huddle and discuss each potential penalty before actually calling it. The senior ref decides if itís a penalty or if they are ďpicking up the flag.Ē

Regarding TV coverage:
-During the play, use one camera at centre ice that goes back and forth during the play. Do not zoom in on the puck carrier. Save that for replays. Its like going to the game with great seats and then rolling up your program and looking through it. Let me see the frickin play!!!!!
-How about leaving the score/time up on screen when there is a stoppage in play. You remove this info just when I go to look at it.
-Show the lineups before the opening puck drop or at a stoppage. Scrolling them during the play does not allow me to look at it.
-All clowns that sit near the glass and continually stand up and wave to the camera should be moved to the 300 level. The back of the 300 level. This also disturbs paying customers at the game.

UFA Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Aki Berg View Post
I'd definitely be on board with this. At the very least, they should have to vacate their own zone. There's no skill involved in just whacking the puck 200 feet like PK'ers get to do now.
Agreed.

They lose a player on the ice but are able to ice the puck without any consequences. Not much of a penalty if you ask me.

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Senateurs
Let's win it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by House That Rod Built View Post
-All clowns that sit near the glass and continually stand up and wave to the camera should be moved to the 300 level. The back of the 300 level. This also disturbs paying customers at the game.
Soo annoying! I just want to punch them..

Old
03-06-2013, 01:46 PM
spartachris

I have and its refreshing

spartachris is offline   Reply With Quote