HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 10:47 AM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I agree with people talking about bringing in help on D. This team could really use a physical defenseman to clear the front of the net. Unfortunately most teams aren't exactly looking to get rid of those types of players.
Komisarek before being ''Lucic'd'' would be great.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

On the selling front, every team that has offensive problems want a centre. IF DD is not in the grand master plan, this might be the year to sell him and let the market give up too much.

Agal, Plek, Eller could get the team through the year and another winger or D could help longer term.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:49 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

We just need Bourque and Diaz back healthy, Gionta won't get traded until the summer if he's traded at all, only move I see us making is bringing in a guy like Thorburn. MAG brought his name up on TSN-Habs the other day and mentioned how Dudley brought him to the Thrashers while he was their GM, he'd come cheap and can kill penalties and will drop the gloves for his teammates.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:50 AM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I used to think Komisarek would be the next big thing AND the captain... it hurts

Old
03-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Troy Brouwer? Seems like a player Bergevin would like.
I'm hoping for Bryan Bickel (3rd or 4th liner) and healthy Matt Carkner to replace Boullion as the number 6

Trade Gionta and Nashville's second for Bickel 6-4 Weight: 223 LW - can score 15G / year and plays physical
Trade Kaberle and Montreal's second for Carkner 6-4 Weight: 238 D - good on the PK and can fight

Bourque Plekanec Ryder
Pacioretty Desharnais Gallagher
Bickel Galchenyuk Eller
Blunden White Prust
Armstrong

Subban Gorges
Emelin Markov
Diaz Carkner
Boullion

Last edited by Mats NAslund: 03-06-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old
03-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
I'm hoping for Bryan Bickel
Keep hoping. I doubt Chicago subtracts anything to that winning roster. If anything they'll add a piece and do so without moving anyone currently playing.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:12 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
O'Byrne was great at clearing the net, blocking shots, and sticking up for teammates.

Still waiting on this supposed 'steal' we got in Bournival to materialize itself.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Milhouse40

I see that trading Gionta is really popular these days.

I would nevermind trade one of our small player, cause i think that we have too many. Having said that...Gionta is not a liability although he is not producing at a
$5M pace.

But offensive is not everything, scoresheet is not everything.

The way i see it....the habs don't have many forwards able to play well defensively and calm down top offensive line. Gionta is one of them. Plus, we don't have any winger to take his place right now so if we trade him, it should be against another winger who can play top minutes and be able to play on a shutdown line if needed...not really easy to find!!

Old
03-06-2013, 11:19 AM
Crystal Met

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
We just need Bourque and Diaz back healthy, Gionta won't get traded until the summer if he's traded at all, only move I see us making is bringing in a guy like Thorburn. MAG brought his name up on TSN-Habs the other day and mentioned how Dudley brought him to the Thrashers while he was their GM, he'd come cheap and can kill penalties and will drop the gloves for his teammates.
is he really an upgrade over Moen?

Old
03-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
On the selling front, every team that has offensive problems want a centre. IF DD is not in the grand master plan, this might be the year to sell him and let the market give up too much.

Agal, Plek, Eller could get the team through the year and another winger or D could help longer term.
I understand that, but I don't recall ever seeing a top seed team trade their most productive center (before yesterday) a few weeks before the deadline.
Not that I disagree if it's part of the plan to get rid of him at some point. If that's the case, we should try to move him around the deadline, or at the very least see what's being offered. I just don't know if it is. One of those four centers will have to become a winger. However, I don't think we're in a rush.

Personally, I think Agal has looked best when used as a winger this year. Not that I think he should remain a winger, he will eventually be our best center imo. But for a first year, I don't mind him being used as a winger with less responsibilities.
Next year, he can alternate duties.

I guess we'll see, either one has to go, or one has to become a winger.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Met View Post
Similar players, I think Moen probably a better player in terms of skills...but Thornburn plays a more physical game and is more willing to drop the gloves to defend his teamates.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:33 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Met View Post
Not an upgrade over Moen, but he'd definitely be an upgrade over Armstrong and bring a lot more to the team than he has. However with Therrien's mancrush on Armstrong we probably won't ever see him as a healthy scratch.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Ryane Clowe in the off season would be a nice pick up.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Ryane Clowe in the off season would be a nice pick up.
Buyer beware on Clowe IMO...he'd be a nice addition, but I'd be weary for the amount of years i'd commit to him. Seems like a player with alot of hard mileage on him.

And he's not getting any younger...

Old
03-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Mike The Wall

I am not surprised that MB is looking to improve the top 9 and wanting to get it bigger! With Rene B coming back soon that will help. But we need someone else over 6 foot that can score. It would of been amazing to have Cole of last year but that is life. Now we need to go find someone that will be on the Alex G. line and grow with him and give him space to explode.

I like the fact that Eller is on his line and it seems both of them are comfortable with each other now to complement them and there i goal scorer a nose for the net.

Lets look at the lines that we all know
Max Pac DD and B.G.
Ryder Plekanec Gionta
Eller A.G. Bourque
Prust White Armstrong/Moen

I see MB trying to trade Rene to free up salary and get younger but not sure if that will happen.

Gionta but like you all said we do not trade a captain (but it has been done before)

Who I would love to see on the top 9 offensive goal scorer in no specific order:
Nino Niederreiter
Corey Perry ( will not happen before trade dead line)
marcus Foligno
Patrick Sharp
Magnus Paajarvi
Jack Skille
Mikkel Boedker
Chris Stewart
Zack Kassian
Andrew Ladd

Old
03-06-2013, 11:49 AM
rockjngo

I would like to team to get rid of Tomas Kaberle (he will cost us a game in the playoffs)

I heard Jack Johnson is available for the right price.
Johnson has doesn't have NTC and earning about $4.3 mil per year for 5 years.
MB said if they make a trade it wouldn't be for rental.

R.J. Umberger 6'2" 220lbs is a big body who can score 20 goals and 50 points a season.
He still have 4 years left at $4.6 mil per year. He would fit perfectly on the 3rd line but salary is higher.

Brandon Dubinsky 6'1" 220lbs is another big body we can use on the 3rd line, he's been having injury problems and at $4.2 mil per year for 2 more years, I'm not sure if its a good move to get him.

Jared Boll 6'2" 220lbs at 26 he's got more fight years left than Travis Moen. He's probably a heavyweight.

--------------------------------------------

Out of those guys we need Jack Johnson more than the rest. Johnson-Subban causing trouble for the Bruins would be awesome. We probably have to ship out a first and prospect.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike The Wall View Post
Who I would love to see on the top 9 offensive goal scorer in no specific order:
Nino Niederreiter
Corey Perry ( will not happen before trade dead line)
marcus Foligno
Patrick Sharp
Magnus Paajarvi
Jack Skille
Mikkel Boedker
Chris Stewart
Zack Kassian
Andrew Ladd
Nino is a guy the Islanders probably won't ship out for cheap. In 55 games in the nhl he had 1 goal.
Foligno is someone Buffalo wouldn't give up cheap, if at all.
Sharp would need an overpayment,
Paajarvi is struggling, 4 goals in 17 games. Once again, the oilers probably won't give him up, but you never know.
Jack Skille- The only skill this guy has is in his name. 4th liner at best imo.
Boedker - Phoenix isn't dealing him.
Stewart - He's picked his game up this year, so St. Louis is likely to keep him and sign him.
Kassian - Yeah, there's no way Vancouver deals him.
Ladd - He's Winnipeg's captain. Not going anywhere.

Tomas Kaberle won't get you a good roster player in return. If he did, that's amazing

Old
03-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Mike The Wall

Quote:
Nino is a guy the Islanders probably won't ship out for cheap. In 55 games in the nhl he had 1 goal.
Foligno is someone Buffalo wouldn't give up cheap, if at all.
Sharp would need an overpayment,
Paajarvi is struggling, 4 goals in 17 games. Once again, the oilers probably won't give him up, but you never know.
Jack Skille- The only skill this guy has is in his name. 4th liner at best imo.
Boedker - Phoenix isn't dealing him.
Stewart - He's picked his game up this year, so St. Louis is likely to keep him and sign him.
Kassian - Yeah, there's no way Vancouver deals him.
Ladd - He's Winnipeg's captain. Not going anywhere.

Tomas Kaberle won't get you a good roster player in return. If he did, that's amazing

I know but that is why this is my wish list!

Old
03-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
Thorburn would be a good option.

But is Winnipeg willing to trade one their toughest player to a Conference opponent ?

Old
03-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st

Quote:
I had this strange feeling last night that we will see him back here sooner than later. I was thinking the Habs brass would be thinking that he was pretty damn good with Markov and would love to do that again and redeem himself.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
I would like to team to get rid of Tomas Kaberle (he will cost us a game in the playoffs)

I heard Jack Johnson is available for the right price.
Johnson has doesn't have NTC and earning about $4.3 mil per year for 5 years.
MB said if they make a trade it wouldn't be for rental.

R.J. Umberger 6'2" 220lbs is a big body who can score 20 goals and 50 points a season.
He still have 4 years left at $4.6 mil per year. He would fit perfectly on the 3rd line but salary is higher.

Brandon Dubinsky 6'1" 220lbs is another big body we can use on the 3rd line, he's been having injury problems and at $4.2 mil per year for 2 more years, I'm not sure if its a good move to get him.

Jared Boll 6'2" 220lbs at 26 he's got more fight years left than Travis Moen. He's probably a heavyweight.

--------------------------------------------

Out of those guys we need Jack Johnson more than the rest. Johnson-Subban causing trouble for the Bruins would be awesome. We probably have to ship out a first and prospect.
Jared Boll would be my top priority.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Jared Boll would be my top priority.
Would be nice, but won't be cheap.

Hopefully any deals from now on are for either young players/ players that will be here, OR if it is for a UFA they actually try and SIGN that ufa.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
The best acquisitions the Habs will make at the deadline - or before then - will be Diaz and Bourque. When both those guys return to the line-up, the Habs will be fine.

Seriously, the Habs are still in 1st in the East. They've got a great chance at making the playoffs this year AND stock-piled on draft picks. They just lost their first game in regulation in a month and before then, they were 8-0-3. Why do we need to blow this up or start fixing things? Diaz coming back will be a breath of fresh air to the D. Bourque coming back will add stability and scoring to our top 6, which means guys like Prust, Moen, Armstrong and White can concentrate on crashing and banging instead of playing defensive-minded neutral-zone hockey.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
03-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Be a Hab

Quote:
Would be nice, but won't be cheap.

Hopefully any deals from now on are for either young players/ players that will be here, OR if it is for a UFA they actually try and SIGN that ufa.
you think moen for boll is fair? i would offer that

Old
03-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Danadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
O'Byrne was great at clearing the net, blocking shots, and sticking up for teammates.

Still waiting on this supposed 'steal' we got in Bournival to materialize itself.
O'Byrne is almost unanimously chosen by Avs fans as their worst player. I don't miss him.

Closed Thread