HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

How invested is Florida in Parros?

Old
03-05-2013, 12:09 PM
MauditGreek*
Shhh, Be Careful!

vCash: 500
How invested is Florida in Parros?

Hi Florida, let me start off my saying how much it sucks that Weiss has gone down for you guys, I always thought he was extremely underrated. Also, wow, Huberdeau is going to be a heck of a player

Now for the main reason that I am here on your forums. As you can tell I am a huge George Parros fans, so I have 2 questions for you all:

1- How have you liked or disliked his play this year?

2- What would it take to get in a Habs jersey?

MauditGreek* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:13 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
After that god awful start to the season he had, Parros has looked good since about the 8th or so game of the season.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:31 PM
MauditGreek*
Shhh, Be Careful!

Would FLA fans trade him?

What sort of trade would it take to get him in Montreal?

A pick? 4th/5th or something like that?

A player? Kaberle or Weber or something like that?

Just trying to gage whether or not the Florida fan base would care to see him go or not.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauditGreek View Post

Just trying to gage whether or not the Florida fan base would care to see him go or not.
Unless Tallon brings in another tough guy, I'd like to keep him. My main reason is because I love fighting. And he can add some protection to others.

-ghoste

Ghoste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:

Some may, some may not care, but there's no reason currently to move him.

03-05-2013, 03:55 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:

too mny kds on this team not to have an enforcer to protect opposition from taking liberties.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:04 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
too mny kds on this team not to have an enforcer to protect opposition from taking liberties.
Agree 100%

My biggest fear is that Tallon moves him and then the kids get bounced around like ragdolls in his absence.

ratmanfu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:16 PM
ShootIt

Is Parros really an enforcer or just some big guy no one wants to fight? I don't see him throwing checks throughout the game, and it seems that his fights are staged.

I like the dude, but, I don't think his presence is helping the young guys out. Not like he has a history of "payback" when one of his teammates gets hit hard.

ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:21 PM
p9ers

I did not see Parros go after a guys after they tooked cheapshot. After Huber got sticked in the balls by Orpick Parros did not fight him or anything.

I'd trade him, I also wouldn't mind seeing Parros crush Chara in the playoff for you guys.

p9ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:22 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmanfu View Post
Agree 100%

My biggest fear is that Tallon moves him and then the kids get bounced around like ragdolls in his absence.
Hasn't that happened already?

To answer the OP's question, I'm guessing they're not too invested. Everyone has their own value. Parros is far from untouchable and can be had rather easily, imo. Quite honestly, I don't think a team would give up a pick for a guy like Parros anymore.

If Parros is let go, another enforcer could be signed or brought up from the AHL so it's not really a big deal.

I would take just about anything for Parros.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:25 PM
jakethesnake23

For a flat-out enforcer, hes done a good job. I dont want him to go.

jakethesnake23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Inquisition13

I love him. Would rather him stay.

Inquisition13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:41 AM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post

To answer the OP's question, I'm guessing they're not too invested. Everyone has their own value. Parros is far from untouchable and can be had rather easily, imo. Quite honestly, I don't think a team would give up a pick for a guy like Parros anymore.

If Parros is let go, another enforcer could be signed or brought up from the AHL so it's not really a big deal.

Toronto just got Edmonton's 4th round for Mike Brown. I'd think we would get something similar for GP. Not that I think we should trade him. He adds value to this team. Look at the confidence Santo has had the last two games playing along-side GP.

He doesn't have to go out and fight and run around trying to hit people. Sometimes letting other sleeping bears ly is fine. Plus we would have to replace him again next year with someone new. I am against Gudbs fighting any time he doesn't have too.

PantherboyHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:46 AM
RogerBR

I also like to watch him playing! I am always chearing to he scores too, so they dont want to trade him.
I see he checking a lot after the goal line, but also agree he should get the guys that try to get on other players.. See Steeger... poor guy... Parros should have crushed Ovechkin. Not only chase his old fights mate....
But I care a lot to him to stay!!!

RogerBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:57 AM
Benched

vCash: 157
Quote:
Yonkman? Guy's huge and all he's good for is fighting. And it's not like Parros has fought a lot this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBR View Post
I also like to watch him playing! I am always chearing to he scores too, so they dont want to trade him.
So you've cheered once this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBR View Post
I see he checking a lot after the goal line
Huh?

Benched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:47 AM
harv3317

parros is playing better and fitting into the team better, but i still think he is lacking in being a determent to other teams physical game and creating energy and big hits. we need multiple physical guys, over various lines. imo, we don't have close to that though yonkman and guds help, but i don't want guds fighting since the shoulder surgery. most teams have at least 3-4 guys who are extremely physical and can drop the gloves. i don't think we match up to most good teams in physicality.

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:04 AM
MauditGreek*
Shhh, Be Careful!

Thanks for the replies guys. I was hoping we would sign him in the off season, and I am still hoping we could land him, hence this thread.

I gather some of you would prefer he had a meaner streak so to speak, I know that I would feel a whole lot better if I had someone like Parros on my team though.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:23 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benched View Post
Yonkman? Guy's huge and all he's good for is fighting. And it's not like Parros has fought a lot this year.

Huh?
I like yonkmans physicality, but im worried about his D especially based on rampage nates assessments, which are usually spot on.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
Toronto just got Edmonton's 4th round for Mike Brown. I'd think we would get something similar for GP. Not that I think we should trade him. He adds value to this team. Look at the confidence Santo has had the last two games playing along-side GP.

He doesn't have to go out and fight and run around trying to hit people. Sometimes letting other sleeping bears ly is fine. Plus we would have to replace him again next year with someone new. I am against Gudbs fighting any time he doesn't have too.
I've never really watched Mike Brown play, but maybe he's a better skater?

I'm guessing age also plays a part in trade value. Brown is a lot younger than Parros. I guess we could probably get a late pick for Parros if we felt like trading him.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:28 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Hes got monster size and he can play. Yes the kids DO feel safer with him around.

i say extend him, hes one of the best in his size class.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:52 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
we need multiple physical guys, over various lines.
Next season should be better. Bergy comes back, and DT should replace Smithson with someone else. Wouldn't mind giving Nokelainen a try if he comes cheap, he was pretty good with Montreal last year as their 4C. He hasn't played at all this season thou.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Benched

Quote:
I like yonkmans physicality, but im worried about his D especially based on rampage nates assessments, which are usually spot on.
I just think a guy like Parros, fourth line or not, is a waste of any spot that outputs offense. He has limited offensive ability and he's not really a great skater. He is what he is: an enforcer. I don't like enforcer types like him at any position except defense.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benched View Post
I just think a guy like Parros, fourth line or not, is a waste of any spot that outputs offense. He has limited offensive ability and he's not really a great skater. He is what he is: an enforcer. I don't like enforcer types like him at any position except defense.
Lol, why? Then you lose a defenseman for 5 minutes and have to double shift guys. He's in the checking line, that's what that line is for, guys like him. Be nice if we could get a Neil or a McCarty, but those guys are hard to find. Even a Lucic, or a level headed one, would be great. Won't got with heavies, but likely the king of his weight class.

That said, my issue with Parros is that hes really not a very good fighter, he's just big. I've aid this for awhile now, but he's better than guys a class below him. Still surprised he lost to Erskine, but not terribly surprised. I just wish he'd chirp more and could throw his body more. Have I mentioned before that I miss Lausy? Lol

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Benched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Lol, why? Then you lose a defenseman for 5 minutes and have to double shift guys. He's in the checking line, that's what that line is for, guys like him. Be nice if we could get a Neil or a McCarty, but those guys are hard to find. Even a Lucic, or a level headed one, would be great. Won't got with heavies, but likely the king of his weight class.

That said, my issue with Parros is that hes really not a very good fighter, he's just big. I've aid this for awhile now, but he's better than guys a class below him. Still surprised he lost to Erskine, but not terribly surprised. I just wish he'd chirp more and could throw his body more. Have I mentioned before that I miss Lausy? Lol
Meh, yeah, I know he's in the checking line. It would just be nice if, at wing, he did something on offense. He doesn't. Never has and never will. And like you said, he doesn't fight well. He's just a big body. He's just a waste of space to me.

I dunno, I never really liked the guy.

Quote:
Agreed.

Last edited by Benched: 03-06-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old
03-06-2013, 02:39 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Quote:

Like who?

AaronEkbald is offline   Reply With Quote