HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/5/13 - "He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!" - Panthers vs Jets

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 03:15 AM
CanadianPantherFan

vCash: 500
That's my boy, Markie!

I felt the defense overall looked sharp tonight. Hmmmm, maybe because they have confidence in the goalie between the pipes, not gripping their sticks so tight when they have the puck playing more loose on outlet passes and having poise with the puck.

Old
03-06-2013, 05:12 AM
Boooooth10

I, for one, welcome our new alien overlord.

Old
03-06-2013, 05:22 AM
PSLguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post
Great game. If we play like this every night I will be ok with losing because at least I saw them giving it their all.

We had literally one real bad defensive break down which led to a goal. Markstrom came up big when we needed him and the kids were flying tonight.

This the first time all season we've played a full, solid 60 minutes of hockey. It was a pleasure to watch tonight.
I could not agree more! The team played hard for the full game. That's one of the first times since the opening game and the Philly game I can remember an effort like that this season.

Give the kids kudos they looked good! Now let's keep it up and not regress.

Old
03-06-2013, 05:41 AM
Boooooth10

@Guddy44
Quote:
I better wake up tomorrow and see @ShawnMatthias get the highlight of the night, after the countless hours of teaching him that move

Old
03-06-2013, 05:43 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
Just got done watching the game. Like any Tues game, watch the first two periods, tape the 3rd because of my own hockey.

Loved the energy and passion tonight. Weird when you take some floaters off the ice how energized the rest of the team looks. And throw a confident goalie in the net, that doesn't hurt either.

I said in the previous GDT that I thought Santo was our best player in a losing effort. He was one of our better players again tonight. Right from the start he was really moving his feet and not afraid to even bump into guys. That confidence seemed to carry over to him skating lots with the puck and full out back checks. I think he may have finally figured out that he may be on his last gasp as an NHL'r.

Obviously Matthias impressed. He has all the tools; size, speed, and defensive awareness. He seems like he is going all out ever shift. As long as he takes his time and thinks first before he passes, then I am all for more minutes. That deke was awesome!

Wasn't a big fan of Rheault. MAybe he had nerves but he did nothing to stand out for me tonight. Would rather see Timmins out there.

Gudbs had a much better game than the last couple. He looked strong on his body and puck decisions. Like him paired with Campbell.

Hubs is unreal! Can anyone say at this point they would rather have Nugent-Hopkins? I can't!!!

Markstrom was great! It was so refreshing to see a goalie out there with size and confidence. He had a very active stick and there was basically no where open down low on him. I counted a few times tonight where I lost my breath, where earlier this season these saves would of been goals against. I felt like I had flashbacks to a young Loungo.

Can't wait till next game, **** the tanks!
Both look great right now. RNH had his season last year, this season belongs to Huby. I'd take either one, but if Huby ever adds about 20 lbs. or more, he'll be a stronger prescence around the net.

Old
03-06-2013, 06:22 AM
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
I, for one, welcome our new alien overlord.
Nicely played.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:01 AM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
There are players on this team, outside the obvious ones, that needs to be retained. I'm talking players like Matthias, Kopecky and Skille.
Always hustling, always hard working, love to see that hockey. They effect the whole team's effort.

Don't even get me started on Markstrom and Huber.... what a BLESSING from above....

Go Panthers, **** the tanking, tired tired TIRED of that bs. We've had enough of tanking the last 10 years.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:23 AM
ShootIt

Never would of expected to See a Florida panther highlight be #1 on sportscenter!
Nice job Matthias

Old
03-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn

That is all!

Old
03-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536
Hey guys, how was Yonkman?

Old
03-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Benched

vCash: 157
By the way, for those that were there and in your seats during 1st intermission, I was one of the stupid dressed up pucks running around the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
Meh. Didn't get many minutes and actually screened Markstrom on the Jets' only goal. He's probably the only thing about last night's game that wasn't good. Even Kuba looked decent. Had a few steals and clears.

I'm going to say it again -- this team had much more confidence than I've seen all year in this game and I can't help but think a lot of it is related to having a goalie they can trust. Takes a lot of the pressure off the defense and the guys can play their game without having to worry about stopping a shot because if they don't, the other team has an 80% chance of scoring. Also attribute some of it to young kids trying to prove themselves. Robak played great in this game. From what I saw Rheault looked pretty good out there, and of course Markstrom.

Lots of Jets fans there. Was great to get this win and send them home crying. Also cool to see the "J-E-T-S... SUCK SUCK SUCK!" chant has transferred over to hockey.

A great night to be a Cats fan. Haven't said that in a while.

Last edited by Benched: 03-06-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old
03-06-2013, 10:02 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benched View Post
By the way, for those that were there and in your seats during 1st intermission, I was one of the stupid dressed up pucks running around the ice.

Meh. Didn't get many minutes and actually screened Markstrom on the Jets' only goal. He's probably the only thing about last night's game that wasn't good. Even Kuba looked decent. Had a few steals and clears.

I'm going to say it again -- this team had much more confidence than I've seen all year in this game and I can't help but think a lot of it is related to having a goalie they can trust. Takes a lot of the pressure off the defense and the guys can play their game without having to worry about stopping a shot because if they don't, the other team has an 80% chance of scoring. Also attribute some of it to young kids trying to prove themselves. Robak played great in this game. From what I saw Rheault looked pretty good out there, and of course Markstrom.

Lots of Jets fans there. Was great to get this win and send them home crying. Also cool to see the "J-E-T-S... SUCK SUCK SUCK!" chant has transferred over to hockey.

A great night to be a Cats fan. Haven't said that in a while.
Started by AG jr and I at least twice (hey you have to raise them right).

Well said post. Anyone thats played the game knows D can play differently when the goalie can make the lst save. Clemmer batted about .500 in that regard.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:11 AM
Benched

vCash: 157
Oh, one more thing: really disheartening to see the Jets totally give up in the 3rd. From start to finish, zero effort. We sat back, cleared the puck on the rare occasion they got down there, and they seemed perfectly content with losing. I know three goals is a steep climb but it's not like no one's done it before. Especially against us. See: Sabres game (and yeah, I know that wasn't Markstrom).

The Panthers have done this too on a few occasions this year. It's ridiculous. Especially considering they had a really decent amount of backers there last night for a road game, a lot sitting in expensive lower bowl seats.

These guys get paid to play 60 minutes. The Jets played 40 last night. If I was a Winnipeg fan, especially one who was at the game, I'd be furious.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:34 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Panther View Post
There are players on this team, outside the obvious ones, that needs to be retained. I'm talking players like Matthias, Kopecky and Skille.
Always hustling, always hard working, love to see that hockey. They effect the whole team's effort.

Don't even get me started on Markstrom and Huber.... what a BLESSING from above....

Go Panthers, **** the tanking, tired tired TIRED of that bs. We've had enough of tanking the last 10 years.
I think Skille will get you mixed reactions to him returning.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:56 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I think Skille will get you mixed reactions to him returning.
I think Skille makes for a great 4th line energy guy.

He has hands of stone, but he hustles.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:09 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
I think Skille makes for a great 4th line energy guy.

He has hands of stone, but he hustles.
kid was worth the price of admission yesterday.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:25 AM
ursavolta

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
kid was worth the price of admission yesterday.
I love how energetic and fast pace skille is, but he needs to start playing more of a team game. The guy has the tools to make something out of himself but he is a bit selfish and mostly not in position to do anything (both defensively and offensively).

He usually just charges in and does everything himself. I remember me and a friend laughed that one night skille PASSED THE PUCK (such a rarity) and had an assist. Funny times. He has the power and speed to split the dmen up to create chances.

Still a fun player to watch.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:30 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
He was meh nothing great. But he had a nice play with Robak where after Marky stopped the puck and held on to it they basically built a wall and shoved all the jets away from the crease. And as RampageNate said he runs his mouth a lot without doing anything. Him and Ladd went at it for a while jawing but that was it.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:52 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursavolta View Post
I love how energetic and fast pace skille is, but he needs to start playing more of a team game. The guy has the tools to make something out of himself but he is a bit selfish and mostly not in position to do anything (both defensively and offensively).

He usually just charges in and does everything himself. I remember me and a friend laughed that one night skille PASSED THE PUCK (such a rarity) and had an assist. Funny times. He has the power and speed to split the dmen up to create chances.

Still a fun player to watch.
Agreed, i just appreciate his busting his arse. He has hands of stone, but alot there to work with i think. Kopescky has hands of stone as well, but all work all the time.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:03 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Agreed, i just appreciate his busting his arse. He has hands of stone, but alot there to work with i think. Kopescky has hands of stone as well, but all work all the time.
I was always under the assumption that Matthias had hands of stone. That changed after last night.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:09 PM
ursavolta

Quote:
I was always under the assumption that Matthias had hands of stone. That changed after last night.
Lemme tell ya, I want to see more of the Matthias we all saw last game. He had energy, confidence and passion. That goal / hustle was a great sight to see. I don't think he will ever amount to be a top 6 player, but if he keeps this up he would be a perfect bottom 6 player, no doubt.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:12 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursavolta View Post
Lemme tell ya, I want to see more of the Matthias we all saw last game. He had energy, confidence and passion. That goal / hustle was a great sight to see. I don't think he will ever amount to be a top 6 player, but if he keeps this up he would be a perfect bottom 6 player, no doubt.
Would love to see him replace Goc at 3C.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:23 PM
ursavolta

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Would love to see him replace Goc at 3C.
I think that would be cool, but I personally feel Goc is going to be a player that we should keep for a while. He brings stability and knows how to do the little things efficiently. Great pickup by Tallon IMO.

I feel Matthias can blossom is he sticks to the wing. A Goc/ Matthias combo would be pretty sweet.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:30 PM
ShootIt

I was going to say, seems like Matthias plays more on the wing than at center.

What's his faceoff %?

Old
03-06-2013, 12:35 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
You know, just a thought, but wondering with the weiss era over, he wants to step uup as the "panther" veteran. Was talking to Van Murph post game and we said that looked like the Mathias that came up for that first few games years ago.

Closed Thread