HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part V)

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Old MSG 79 49.07%
New MSG 82 50.93%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2013, 08:25 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
Really? The Bell Centre is one of the best hockey arenas.
Again, I can't speak for the lower bowl. I sat in the 300's and the sight lines there were horrible.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:42 PM
Megustaelhockey
Hybrid icing

People just like to whine. No arena is perfect, and what we have now is 100x better than what we had 2 years ago. I like my seats in 119, row 14... but I don't know if it's safe to come out of the closet as a STH in the lower bowl around here.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:31 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
The sight lines are very much improved. I was at the Montreal game on Saturday, and let me tell you, the upper sections absolutely sucked. Handle bars block the ice, everyone needs to lean forward in order to see the ice.
You picked a great game for a road trip

Old
02-25-2013, 09:33 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
You picked a great game for a road trip
I told my dad to pick any other city. But he insisted on Montreal, to see the city and stuff
And he wants to take my brother to the next game there.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:35 PM
srsly989

(disregard)

Old
02-25-2013, 09:45 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I told my dad to pick any other city. But he insisted on Montreal, to see the city and stuff
And he wants to take my brother to the next game there.
its a great city if you're of age

Old
02-26-2013, 09:58 AM
dstoffa

Quote:
Really? The Bell Centre is one of the best hockey arenas.
Maybe you never saw a game at the Montreal Forum... THAT was a place to see a game..

Cheers!
-Doug

Old
02-26-2013, 09:59 AM
dstoffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
its a great city if you're of age
Concur. It was even better when the yankee dollar was getting an additional 40 percent.....

Old
02-26-2013, 12:01 PM
Dangleberry

I'm going to Montreal in June for a bachelor party. Anyone have any "recommendations"?

Old
02-26-2013, 02:20 PM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
Maybe you never saw a game at the Montreal Forum... THAT was a place to see a game..

Cheers!
-Doug
Maybe you never saw a game at the Bell Centre. That IS a great place to see a game..

Cheers.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:00 PM
dstoffa

Quote:
Maybe you never saw a game at the Bell Centre. That IS a great place to see a game..

Cheers.
I've been to both. Standing room behind the blues in the Forum was better than being in the grey seats I've had at the Bell, even the reds I had four rows from the glass. (It was then I learned that ice level seats aren't what they are cracked up to be.)

I liked the Forum better.

Cheers!
-Doug

Old
02-26-2013, 04:08 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangleberry View Post
I'm going to Montreal in June for a bachelor party. Anyone have any "recommendations"?
go to wandas

Old
03-06-2013, 05:55 AM
jhnyr

I need to make another plea with some of you guys out there...

Stop with the incessant "Down in front! Sit down!" screams. Seriously.
Please please please for the love of God use common sense and realize that with the renovation, the gates and rows are narrower, and the time between whistles is shorter. When you see a guy or gal rushing to get past people in the row so they can sit down before the faceoff... cut them some slack and realize they're trying to sit as quick as they can.

The lollygaggers, fine... yell at them.

But I'm talking about the sauced-up people who feel it's their duty to scream bloody murder at people the absolute millisecond they get to their row. I'm talking specifically about the 3 or 4 sauced up gentlemen in the middle of section 222 last night. Literally every person who got up in the section got an earful from these pillars of the community. Even people 10 rows down.

Guys, common courtesy. Realize when people are making the effort to get to their seats in a timely fashion. Sure, some people take their sweet ass time (the Flyers fans last night for example). But when a tiny-framed woman is falling down because she's rushing to get to her seat before hearing your screaming at her... it's embarassing for us fans that actually have a little couth. (The "dumbass!" shouts at people trying to sit are also unneccesary.)

I would like to chalk it up to some guys who were drunk, thinking they were funny. But this has happened at nearly every game so far. Shout at the refs, berate Boyle, let Potvin know how you feel, suggest Hextall drive a certain luxury car, discuss Marty's marital status... that's all fine. But cool it with the "sit down dumbass" stuff. It's not needed.

Last edited by jhnyr: 03-06-2013 at 06:07 AM.
Old
03-06-2013, 06:02 AM
Megustaelhockey
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnyr View Post

Please please please for the love of God use common sense and realize that with the renovation, the gates and rows are narrower, and the time between whistles is shorter. When you see a guy or gal rushing to get past people in the row so they can sit down before the faceoff... cut them some slack and realize they're trying to sit as quick as they can.

But I'm talking about the sauced-up people who feel it's their duty to scream bloody murder at people the absolute millisecond they get to their row. I'm talking specifically about the 3 or 4 sauced up gentlemen in the middle of section 222 last night. Literally every person who got up in the section got an earful from these pillars of the community. Even people 10 rows down.

Guys, common courtesy. Realize when people are making the effort to get to their seats in a timely fashion. Sure, some people take their sweet ass time (the Flyers fans last night for example). But when a tiny-framed woman is falling down because she's rushing to get to her seat before hearing your screaming at her... it's embarassing for us fans that actually have a little couth. (The "dumbass!" shouts at people trying to sit are also unneccesary.)

I would like to chalk it up to some guys who were drunk, thinking they were funny. But this has happened at nearly ever game so far. Shout at the refs, berate Boyle, let Potvin know how you feel, suggest Hextall drive a certain luxury car, discuss Marty's marital status... that's all fine. But cool it with the "sit down dumbass" stuff. It's not needed.
You got screamed at, didn't you?

I agree with you screaming "down in front" is not good or classy or necessary, but we need to accept it will happen at every arena in North America and move on.

It was actually quite a bit worse at MSG before the renovation, especially in sections where people haven't heard of the words "please" or "thank you."

The best thing to do: make sure you're in your seat at all times outside of the intermissions.

Old
03-06-2013, 06:37 AM
jhnyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
You got screamed at, didn't you?

I agree with you screaming "down in front" is not good or classy or necessary, but we need to accept it will happen at every arena in North America and move on.

It was actually quite a bit worse at MSG before the renovation, especially in sections where people haven't heard of the words "please" or "thank you."

The best thing to do: make sure you're in your seat at all times outside of the intermissions.
No, just the opposite, actually. I wanted a beer, but I didn't bother getting up... because I knew if these guys aimed their wrath at me... I'd have run my mouth at them. It's just all about common courtesy. We pride ourselves on being a classy fanbase, but it seems that's going out the window pretty fast lately. It's a sad state of affairs.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:32 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:

Cheers.
Agreed, been there twice and going back for the game on 3/30. Great arena, very steep upper bowl, great sight lines.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:35 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:

I would like to chalk it up to some guys who were drunk, thinking they were funny. But this has happened at nearly every game so far. Shout at the refs, berate Boyle, let Potvin know how you feel, suggest Hextall drive a certain luxury car, discuss Marty's marital status... that's all fine. But cool it with the "sit down dumbass" stuff. It's not needed.
B.S. I am in row 21 of 213. I weigh about 300. During the game against the Isles on 2/14, I waited for a whistle at the bottom of the section, when I saw it wasn't a tv time-out, I took off running up the stairs. Went 3 steps at a time, got to my seat (middle of row) before the puck drop. Got a standing O from the people around me. If savebyrichter35 comes in this thread, he can verify. Don't be lazy. Move your hiney and get back before the puck drops. If I can do it at 300lbs, the rest of you can, too.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:37 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
On the Habs board, they have a visitors guide to Montreal with info.

I have been up and down St Catherine's. If you go from place to place it can get expensive as you have to tip the doorman and pay a cover at each place. When you get lapdances, you also have to tip the bouncer watching the lapdance area in most places, but only about $2 or so. But, if you want to get one dance from lots of different girls, it can add up, too. If you go back with one girl and get 5 or 6 songs, you don't have to keep tipping the bouncer.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:30 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

So I was watching the NBC feed for last night's game and there was something seriously wrong with their camera placement. If the puck wasn't at center ice there was a giant wall at the bottom of the screen. Very unprofessional, I don't recall noticing that with any of the MSG games:

Old
03-06-2013, 09:34 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:

St. Catherine street

Old
03-06-2013, 09:50 AM
Dangleberry

Quote:

I think the problem is these narrow ass walkways coupled with the larger sections. What a logistical nightmare it is to visit your friends sitting in other sections. Personally, if I get up in a break in play I usually wait until the next TV timeout or intermission. Yeah, it sucks I missed the Cally goal last night but it's a hassle to use the pisser during intermissions.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:57 AM
Blueshirt67

I'm not outspoken and I don't typically yell at people who get up during the game but sometimes I am thankful for the people who do.
People need to use some common courtesy and have some respect for the other spectators. Your not in your living room by yourself, think about it as sharing one very big screen with 18000 friends.
Wait for whistles before you get up.
Wait for whistles before you return to your seat even if there is no usher there telling you to do so.
Dont run to the bathroom or beer vendor 30 seconds before the end of the period unless there is a stoppage. The lines arent that bad and you have 18 minutes in between periods.
And please, know where youre going before you leave the tunnel, theres nothing worse than the same idiot standing in front of you during the game looking around for the same seat he couldnt find the last 3 times he went to get a beer (they don't move them during the game).

Old
03-06-2013, 10:17 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
So I was watching the NBC feed for last night's game and there was something seriously wrong with their camera placement. If the puck wasn't at center ice there was a giant wall at the bottom of the screen. Very unprofessional, I don't recall noticing that with any of the MSG games:

That's all on the MSG camera crew. They have been absolutely brutal ever since they moved the cameras closer to the ice. I feel as if the guys running the cameras are old, and just too slow to keep up with the play. It's been bothering me.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:20 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
That's all on the MSG camera crew. They have been absolutely brutal ever since they moved the cameras closer to the ice. I feel as if the guys running the cameras are old, and just too slow to keep up with the play. It's been bothering me.
quite possible, but the camera just seems to be placed too far back from the ledge there. That ledge should never come into the shot

Old
03-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
vBookie Bookie

vCash: 2500
Does NBC and MSG use the same camera? I don't remember seeing that ledge on the MSG feed..

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

NHL Standings Under Different Point Systems
Closed Thread