HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The ALL encompassing Rumors & Speculation Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 10:59 AM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretWillhelmThe3rd View Post
I would give that a hard look, Oshie is a monster.
Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Oshie-Schenn-Simmonds
Gagne-Laughton-Read
Talbot-xxxx-xxxx

Grossmann-Shatty
Timonen-Schenn
Mez-Gus

Old
03-06-2013, 11:09 AM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
I think something around Read, Mezz and 2nd might get a sniff at Yandle. He makes over 5 mill, that is alot for Phoenix.
Why would they do a trade for Mez then when he's making 4 mil and only under contact for another season? And Read is due to get a big raise after next season as well.

Everyone throws Mez in deals like he has a lot of value. His value is shot- injury plagued, mid pairing defenseman making 4 mil.

The deal would have to start with Laughton and a first and go from there.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:15 AM
FLYERSFAN18

At this point meszaros is just an expensive third pairing defenseman. He cannot be relied upon to be healthy. He will be gone after next year along with timonen most likely. That 10 mil in cap space to spend

Old
03-06-2013, 11:19 AM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
At this point meszaros is just an expensive third pairing defenseman. He cannot be relied upon to be healthy. He will be gone after next year along with timonen most likely. That 10 mil in cap space to spend
I wouldnt be surprised if he's moved this summer to make cap space. With the amount of injuries that guy gets, we can easily sign a vet at half the price who is more durable

Old
03-06-2013, 11:19 AM
Psuhockey

Playoff teams are always looking for defensive depth. Mezz does have value. If the Flyers are out, I would trade him. He would definitely get a 2nd plus a prospect, possible even a 1st if a team is desperate enough. Pray for a Chicago blue liner to go down. I can see them going all in this year cause of the streak.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:20 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Why would they do a trade for Mez then when he's making 4 mil and only under contact for another season? And Read is due to get a big raise after next season as well.

Everyone throws Mez in deals like he has a lot of value. His value is shot- injury plagued, mid pairing defenseman making 4 mil.

The deal would have to start with Laughton and a first and go from there.
Pretty much. Though, like others I am not totally sold on Yandle. If they are trading for a serious defender, Yandle would not be my first choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
Yeah, at first I didn't think so, but I could see them buying out Mez this offseason. When he is healthy he is fine and IMO worth his contract. The problem is that the majority of the time he is not healthy. I wouldn't be opposed to buying him out (or dealing him for peanuts).

Old
03-06-2013, 11:25 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Playoff teams are always looking for defensive depth. Mezz does have value. If the Flyers are out, I would trade him. He would definitely get a 2nd plus a prospect, possible even a 1st if a team is desperate enough. Pray for a Chicago blue liner to go down. I can see them going all in this year cause of the streak.
IMO you would be lucky to just get a 2nd for him let alone that and a prospect.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
IMO you would be lucky to just get a 2nd for him let alone that and a prospect.
Grossman got two picks. Kubina got two picks. Both were soon to be UFA's. Mezz has another year on his contract and a reasonable cost for a defensemen. I think he would at least get what those guys got if not more.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:39 AM
FlyingPhilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
True, but any top D man requires guys we dont want to part with. I think Read is very appealing to Yotes, and Yandle will come at a cheaper price imo.

Maybe try Read, Coburn, Gervais for Yandle and Rundblad ? Gives us 2 puck movers, 2 Def guys ( Luke, Gross)

Yandle-Kimmo
Luke-Gross
Rundblad-Mezz
I don't see Yandle as a top D-man. I would trade anyone as long as the return is good, including Giroux. He is solid all-around, a great #2, but not a true #1 IMO. I rather do that package for Rundblad and Gormley. Doubt the Coyotes do though.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:43 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Grossman got two picks. Kubina got two picks. Both were soon to be UFA's. Mezz has another year on his contract and a reasonable cost for a defensemen. I think he would at least get what those guys got if not more.
That was Homer trading for them though. Both of those guys weren't band aid's like Mez either. I just don't see teams knocking down our doors for Mez.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:59 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

According to the folks I talk to, the Flyers will be sellers at the trade deadline. Holmgren has sent out his list of untouchables and it's rather small. Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Couturier, B.Schenn, L.Schenn and Grossmann are the only untouchables at this point. Everything else is in play, including their first round pick. I haven't heard anything else with regards to rumours or the like, but now that the Flyers have submitted their untouchables, I expect the rumor mill to be in full swing.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:01 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
According to the folks I talk to, the Flyers will be sellers at the trade deadline. Holmgren has sent out his list of untouchables and it's rather small. Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Couturier, B.Schenn, L.Schenn and Grossmann are the only untouchables at this point. Everything else is in play, including their first round pick. I haven't heard anything else with regards to rumours or the like, but now that the Flyers have submitted their untouchables, I expect the rumor mill to be in full swing.
Wow, Grossmann over Coburn.

Couturier still being on there is very telling about the speculations we heard last offseason.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Prongo
Beer

This games loss and the next couple against the big power houses of the east I think we could start seeing some action. Briere to Nashville makes so much sense it seems stupid the trade wouldn't be made. Also we play Buffalo in between the Pens and Bruins if I am not mistaken and they have played better hockey as of late. Keeping games close. Injuries have hurt this team all year, and maybe we should just chalk it up if we lose these next couple. It will be extremely hard to get into the race again even if we go on a run.

I said before, players that could/should move:

Breire(Nashville)
Talbot
Feds

Last edited by Prongo: 03-06-2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: I think thats what I was trying to say??
Old
03-06-2013, 12:02 PM
chinatown81592
Knight of Beavers

Quote:
Thankies BCF16. Read is in play then I assume?

Old
03-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Wait if we are seller why is our first rounder available? Not questioning your info, that just seems strange.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:04 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Wait if we are seller why is our first rounder available? Not questioning your info, that just seems strange.
Drafting a defenseman does nothing for us.

Trading for young defensemen fits our core better.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Prongo
Beer

Also there is speculation out there we are looking to make a move since we placed Pronger, Walker and Shelley all on LTIR finally. We have 4.9 million in cap space.

I would rather draft a young defender (selecting around 5-12) instead of trading that pick away. Keep our core together, and if we do trade for one of those young stud defenders, our core will likely be used to get him.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Wow, Grossmann over Coburn.

Couturier still being on there is very telling about the speculations we heard last offseason.
Coburn would bring a better return than Grossman based solely on measurables, and I'm more than satisfied keeping Grossman over Coburn. Grossman's been a rock on our defense, and Coburn hasn't stepped up.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:15 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
This game losses the next couple against the big power houses of the east I think we could start seeing some action. Briere to Nashville makes so much sense it seems stupid the trade wouldn't be made. Also we play Buffalo in between the Pens and Bruins if I am not mistaken and they have played better hockey as of late. Keeping games close. Injuries have hurt this team all year, and maybe we should just chalk it up if we lose these next couple. It will be extremely hard to get into the race again even if we go on a run.

I said before, players that could/should move:

Breire(Nashville)
Talbot
Feds
I think those 3 are likely to get traded too. I wouldn't mind holding on to Talbot though. But if a team gives you a good offer I wouldn't pass it up.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:15 PM
FlyingPhilly

Quote:
Thank for sharing BCF16. I wish I had inside sources that can tell me info. It is exciting IMO.

So based on this list, that means Hartnell could be traded. I would do that if the return was good. WHich team would give us a pretty penny for Hartnell?

Old
03-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Prongo
Beer

I don't see us moving Hartnell. He just signed that big deal and is big in the locker room. He plays the power forward position which our team loves. He also like Briere and Kimmo has a full NTC/NMC

Old
03-06-2013, 12:20 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:44 PM
SolidSnakeUS

If Coburn and Briere really are on the short list of people trying to be traded, then how about something like Coburn, Gus and Boosh for Cole + Allen. Then do Briere for Rundblad.

When healthy:

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Schenn-Simmonds
Gagne-Couturier-McGinn
Talbot-Feds-Rinaldo

Timonen-Schenn
Grossmann-Cole
Mez-Rundblad
Gervais

Bryz
Allen

Also, as a side question, there will be the ability to do amnesty this coming off-season and then the off-season next year right (after the 2013-14 season)? Asking because it would give us time to determine if we really want to keep Bryz or not after this year or the year after.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:50 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I was thinking the same thing.
Because we're looking for young players and prospects on the verge of making the NHL.

We're not looking to draft a defenseman that's 5-6 years out.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:56 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Nevermind that whole Weber can't be traded until July minor detail.
Sorry, I should have been more specific. In the off-season after Weber is trade-eligible.

Closed Thread