HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Gainey Recieves Extension

Old
07-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDS
Michel Boucher et Denis Morel se joignent à l’équipe de recrutement amateur des Canadiens sous la supervision du directeur du recrutement et du développement des joueurs, Trevor Timmins, et seront affectés à la province de Québec.
Anybody knows a bit more about those 2?

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 12:04 PM
Stone Cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
Anybody knows a bit more about those 2?
I think Morel is a former ref, no?

Stone Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 12:06 PM
HabsUnited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Cutter View Post
He is. I think he was the other refs boss at some point too, not sure.

HabsUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 12:06 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Cutter View Post
Yeah. Found this in the same article that I had missed the first time I read it (too lazy to translate):

Quote:
Michel Boucher, recruteur amateur (Québec)

Il a occupé les fonctions de recruteur amateur, responsable régions du Québec et des Maritimes, pour les Kings de Los Angeles lors des six dernières saisons (2000 à 2006). Possédant plus de 25 années d’expérience en tant que dirigeant dans le monde du hockey, il a occupé le poste de dépisteur-chef dans la Ligue de hockey junior majeur du Québec avec le Collège Français de Verdun (1992 à 1994), les Lynx de Saint-Jean (1994-1995), le Titan de Laval (1995-1996) et les Tigres de Victoriaville (1996 à 2000). Il fut également directeur général des Draveurs de Trois-Rivières dans la LHJMQ de 1987 à 1990. À l’échelle internationale, il fut coordonnateur du recrutement pour l’équipe nationale du Canada de 1992 à 1999, médaillée d’or aux Championnats du monde en 1994 et médaillée d’argent aux Jeux olympiques de Lillehammer la même année.

Denis Morel, recruteur amateur (Québec)

Il effectue un retour dans la Ligue nationale de hockey après une carrière de 22 saisons et quelque 1150 matchs comme officiel (1972 à 1994) suivie de dix autres années dans les fonctions de superviseur des arbitres (1994 à 2004). En 2005-2006, il a œuvré à titre de superviseur des officiels dans la Ligue de hockey junior majeur du Québec. Il a officié son tout premier match dans la LNH le 18 janvier 1976, au Forum de Montréal, et son 1000e le 14 mars 1992, également sur la glace du Forum.
Quick Google translation:

Quote:
Michel Butcher, recruiter amateur (Quebec)

It occupied the functions of recruiter amateur, responsible areas for Quebec and Maritime, for Kings of Los Angeles at the time of the six last seasons (2000 to 2006). Having more than 25 years of experiment as a leader in the world of hockey, it occupied the post of dépisteur-chief in the League of hockey major junior of Quebec with the French College of Verdun (1992 to 1994), the Lynxes of Midsummer's Day (1994-1995), Titan of Laval (1995-1996) and the Tigers of Victoriaville (1996 to 2000). He was also a director general of Draveurs of Three-Rivers in the LHJMQ of 1987 to 1990. On an international scale, he was a coordinator of recruitment for the national team of Canada of 1992 to 1999, gold medal-holder to the Championships of the world in 1994 and money medal-holder to the Olympic Games of Lillehammer the same year.

Denis Morel, recruiter amateur (Quebec)

It carries out a return in the national League of hockey after a 22 seasons career and some 1150 matches like official (1972 to 1994) followed by ten other years in the functions of supervisor of the referees (1994 to 2004). In 2005-2006, it worked as supervisor of official in the League of hockey major junior of Quebec. It officiated its very first match in the LNH on January 18, 1976, with the Forum of Montreal, and its 1000e on March 14, 1992, also on the ice of the Forum.

Old
07-24-2006, 12:11 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
That's weak drafting , what was Gainey thinking when he hired him? I don't care it will shut 110% clowns mouth , the guy is just not good at his job.

Good news about Gainey , it's nice to have some stability.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 12:14 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Doesn't look like Morel has any prior scouting experience. Wonder how that'll turn out.

Old
07-24-2006, 12:54 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej View Post
That's weak drafting , what was Gainey thinking when he hired him? I don't care it will shut 110% clowns mouth , the guy is just not good at his job.
We have no idea whether the GM in LA followed his scout's recommendations regarding players from the Q. A Q league player could have been recommended and he chose to pick a player from another league instead.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 01:18 PM
Guy Caballero

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Duster

Great news that BG has an extension. That Gauthier becomes Assistant GM in lieu of Savard is a no brainer.

It would appear the exodus from the Islanders is starting. Doug Gibson was their head scout for Canada. Not sure Wang, I mean Snow, cares...

I think the choice of Denis Morel is an astute one. As a former NHL referee, he'll provide a different perspective on a player's strengths and weaknesses.

Everyone is signed, the staff has been upgraded...let the games begin.

Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 01:45 PM
wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlako11 View Post
I wonder what the look on his face was... lol

great news!
[IMAGE]http://www.rds.ca/images/chroniques/209189_resize.jpg[/IMAGE]

[IMAGE]http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20030602/gainey_54088.jpg[/IMAGE]

[IMAGE]http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/2005/03/02/gainey_bob250.jpg[/IMAGE]

[IMAGE]http://www.showbizz.net/uploads/matinternet_SPORTS/hockey/bob_gainey5.jpg[/IMAGE]

[IMAGE]http://www.ledevoir.com/2003/06/03/images/bob_jn_030603.jpg[/IMAGE]

take ur pick

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 04:39 PM
turnbuckle*

Hockey department nominations and hirings - Pierre Gauthier, Assistant General Manager He joined the Canadiens in July 2003 as Director of Professional Scouting. He was General Manager of the Ottawa Senators from 1995 to 1998, and President and General Manager of the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, from 1998 to 2002. He also held various managing positions with the Quebec Nordiques from 1981 to 1993. >
>
>
Julien BriseBois, Vice-President, Hockey Operations He joined the Canadiens in September 2001 as Director of Legal Affairs. In July 2003, he became Director of Hockey Operations and Legal Affairs. In his new capacity, he will remain responsible for player contracts and the NHL’s Collective Bargaining Agreement, and will assume, along with Bob Gainey, the duties of managing the Hamilton Bulldogs, the Canadiens’ Development team in the AHL. >
>
>
Michel Boucher, amateur scout (Quebec) He worked as a Regional scout covering the Quebec and Maritimes areas for the Los Angeles Kings for the last six seasons (2000-2006). He brings a wealth of experience having worked for over 25 years in hockey holding various managing positions. He worked in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League as head scout for the Collège Français de Verdun (1992-1994), the St-Jean Lynx (1994-1995), the Laval Titan (1995-1996) and the Victoriaville Tigres (1996-2000). He was General Manager of the QMJHL Trois-Rivières Draveurs from 1987 to 1990. On the international level, he was Coordinator of Scouting from 1992 to 1999 for the Canadian National Team, gold medal winner at the 1994 World Hockey Championships and silver medallist at the 1994 Olympic Games held in Lillehammer, Norway. >
>
>
Denis Morel, amateur scout (Quebec) He is returning to the National Hockey League after working for 22 years as a referree, during which he officiated over 1150 games (1972 to 1994). Following his on-ice career, he spent 10 years as Supervisor of Officials in the NHL (1994 to 2004). In 2005-06, he held the job of Supervisor of Officials in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. He refereed his first ever NHL game at the Montreal Forum, on January 18, 1976, as well as his 1000th career game, back on March 14, 1992. >
>
>
Doug Gibson, pro scout Since 2004 he had been the New York Islanders Chief Amateur Scout in Canada, and worked mainly in Ontario. As a player, he played in 63 NHL games with the Boston Bruins and the Washington Capitals, between 1974 and 1978. In 1979-1980, he won the Calder Cup as a player-coach with the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League.
-------------------------------------------------

Big promotion for Brisebois - I trust that Bob knows what's he's doing. Interesting to see that Brisebois will co-manage the Bulldogs. I expected Pierre to be named assistant GM, but with all the roles given to Brisebois, I'm not exactly sure what Pierre's duties are going to be - grocery store shopper for Bob?

Boucher is an interesting hire - he has an varied and impressive resume - been involved in all facets of hockey management. LA picked Roussin and Bernier with high picks the past two years; I would expect that Boucher had some input. The Roussin pick is looking questionable, but given that he played ij the Memrial Cup that season I'm sure lots of LA's brass got a look at him, not just Boucher.

Gibson will likely work in Ontario, where we could use more presence - a well-known hockey guy, another good hire.

The most interesting addition is Morel - who in addition to his lengthy officiating career was supervisor of officials for a decade. This guy has a good eye; I'm sure he'll be dedicated to his position just as he was in refereeing. Timmins, Morel and Boucher will make up the Quebec/Maritimes scouting staff - certain newspaper columnists won't be able to complain about a lack of coverage in Quebec.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 04:46 PM
kostitsyn1489

The Michel Villenveuve has been close during I write this so i'll wriste it here.

Michel Villeneuve is the worst Journalist I ever seen. A journalist is supose to use his proffesionalism. We don't need GM like him. Always be a pro french canadian(I am). Always bash on euro player. Never give the English Canadian credit they deserve. Always bashing on anything they see.

A journalist MUST be fair. Not always be with the hbs or not always. But since Gainey is there I didn't see much bad decision. Francois Beauchemin was one but I think it's the only one. We lost him but we got Bégin. Iy happens to any team to lose player or make move that don't worth as wished.

With Villeneuve as GM this year we'd sign Aaron Ward for 3M and Matt Cullen for 3.5M... Wow 3M for a 5-6 defensmen!!! Yesh he was good in playoff... like evry player of every slanley cup winner... That doesnt make him a star...

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riel View Post
He's the best thing that happend to Montreal in the past 10 years.
I hope Bob Gainey even stays till 2015, or until (whenever) he chooses to retire...

Guy Carbonneau
Kirk "is work" Muller

I could not be happier for our Habs.

Go Habs Go!!

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 03:22 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
The Michel Villenveuve has been close during I write this so i'll wriste it here.

Michel Villeneuve is the worst Journalist I ever seen. A journalist is supose to use his proffesionalism. We don't need GM like him. Always be a pro french canadian(I am). Always bash on euro player. Never give the English Canadian credit they deserve. Always bashing on anything they see.

A journalist MUST be fair. Not always be with the hbs or not always. But since Gainey is there I didn't see much bad decision. Francois Beauchemin was one but I think it's the only one. We lost him but we got Bégin. Iy happens to any team to lose player or make move that don't worth as wished.

With Villeneuve as GM this year we'd sign Aaron Ward for 3M and Matt Cullen for 3.5M... Wow 3M for a 5-6 defensmen!!! Yesh he was good in playoff... like evry player of every slanley cup winner... That doesnt make him a star...
That`s original: bash 100%! LOL Villeneuve is part of a shock debate show. What has journalism have to do with it?

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote