HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If we SO need french players on the team

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-24-2006, 09:53 AM
  #1
IcE ColD
Registered User
 
IcE ColD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vieux Port Inc.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,848
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
If we SO need french players on the team

Some people have been whining to the fact that there is not enough french players in the Habs. I've found out a way to correct that "heresy", it's pretty easy in fact: we just have to change the name of the players currently on the Habs roster.

Andrei Markov = André Marquis
Craig Rivet = Charles Rivet
Sheldon Souray = Serge Sauvé
Mike Komisarek = Michel Comeau-Charest

Saku Koivu = ?????? (that's a real tough one, seriously)
Chris Higgins = Christophe Haquin
Michael Ryder = Michel Rideau
Sergei Samsonov = Serge Samson
Alexei Kovalev = Alexandre Corriveau
Tomas Plekanec = Thomas Péloquin
Alexander Perezhogin = Alexandre Perras-Jobin
Mike Johnson = Michel Jeanson
Garth Murray = Gérard Morin
Radek Bonk = Robert Bon
Aaron Downey = Armand Denis
Andrei Kostitsyn = André Constantin


They may not all be good, but I'm open to suggestions

I didn't put the names of the french speaking Habs as they all are... well... french.


Last edited by IcE ColD: 07-24-2006 at 10:04 AM.
IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 09:56 AM
  #2
JackieChan
Registered User
 
JackieChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,561
vCash: 500

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 10:08 AM
  #3
ludger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 260
vCash: 500
Turd

ludger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 10:14 AM
  #4
Dwight
The French Tickler
 
Dwight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,785
vCash: 500
Owned

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 10:19 AM
  #5
Louis Houde
Registered User
 
Louis Houde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Trois-rivières
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,770
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcE ColD View Post
Some people have been whining to the fact that there is not enough french players in the Habs. I've found out a way to correct that "heresy", it's pretty easy in fact: we just have to change the name of the players currently on the Habs roster.

Andrei Markov = André Marquis
Craig Rivet = Charles Rivet
Sheldon Souray = Serge Sauvé
Mike Komisarek = Michel Comeau-Charest

Saku Koivu = ?????? (that's a real tough one, seriously)
Chris Higgins = Christophe Haquin
Michael Ryder = Michel Rideau
Sergei Samsonov = Serge Samson
Alexei Kovalev = Alexandre Corriveau
Tomas Plekanec = Thomas Péloquin
Alexander Perezhogin = Alexandre Perras-Jobin
Mike Johnson = Michel Jeanson
Garth Murray = Gérard Morin
Radek Bonk = Robert Bon
Aaron Downey = Armand Denis
Andrei Kostitsyn = André Constantin


They may not all be good, but I'm open to suggestions

I didn't put the names of the french speaking Habs as they all are... well... french.
Saku Koivu = Sylvain Cosette

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 10:23 AM
  #6
IcE ColD
Registered User
 
IcE ColD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vieux Port Inc.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,848
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierredagenais View Post
Saku Koivu = Sylvain Cosette


Not bad, didn't think of it.

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 10:25 AM
  #7
Dwight
The French Tickler
 
Dwight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,785
vCash: 500
Maybe we can just have a petition going to get the name "Saku Koivu" become an official French canadian name?

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 10:25 AM
  #8
BORAT
Registered User
 
BORAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Kazakhstan
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 2,774
vCash: 500
Pierre Dagenais = Rocque Breakfast

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 10:26 AM
  #9
pavlako11
Registered User
 
pavlako11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Greece
Posts: 709
vCash: 500


On top of that, it might put an end to all the people that feel Gainey hasn't done anything with UFA's, the club can announce they're all new players

pavlako11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 10:28 AM
  #10
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,419
vCash: 500
Oh God! Don't give the 110% guys any ideas. Before you know it they'll be complaining about how Alexandre Corriveau doesn't show up for every game and how Serge Sauvé causes too many turnovers!

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 10:30 AM
  #11
IcE ColD
Registered User
 
IcE ColD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vieux Port Inc.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,848
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Oh gee... I forgot Bob!!!

Bob Gainey = Robert Genest

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 10:35 AM
  #12
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierredagenais View Post
Saku Koivu = Sylvain Cosette
ça coup quoi vous?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 10:52 AM
  #13
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,194
vCash: 500
Saku Koivu...... Sergio Coriveau

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 12:11 PM
  #14
ControlFreak
Registered User
 
ControlFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,052
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ControlFreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludger View Post
Turd
Wanna back that up with something? It's an interesting and funny thread. Turd however is not so humerous.

ControlFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 12:20 PM
  #15
IcE ColD
Registered User
 
IcE ColD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vieux Port Inc.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,848
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABDUCTOR View Post
Wanna back that up with something? It's an interesting and funny thread. Turd however is not so humerous.
Well, Mr. Hanky is.

Anyways, if some people can't take sarcasm or always take all things written down on this board on a first degree, not my problem.

I'm french and I thought that would amuse everybody. It seems like I was wrong.

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 12:22 PM
  #16
Nobak
Registered User
 
Nobak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,333
vCash: 500
I think someone made a thread like this some months ago.

IIRC the names weren't as good as they are this time around. Some of them are seriously great.

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 12:26 PM
  #17
IcE ColD
Registered User
 
IcE ColD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vieux Port Inc.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,848
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobak View Post
I think someone made a thread like this some months ago.

IIRC the names weren't as good as they are this time around. Some of them are seriously great.
I have to say that I'm particularly proud of Perezhogin's equivalent. Gave me a hard time, but it was worth it.

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 12:31 PM
  #18
wedge
Registered User
 
wedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: victoriaville
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcE ColD View Post
Well, Mr. Hanky is.

Anyways, if some people can't take sarcasm or always take all things written down on this board on a first degree, not my problem.

I'm french and I thought that would amuse everybody. It seems like I was wrong.
false

this threads is funny... if some people are not able to smile once in a while, it's not your problem.

good job

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 12:31 PM
  #19
Bryzga lol*
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
I love it. Start an online petition please

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 12:35 PM
  #20
Ginoro
Registered User
 
Ginoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 853
vCash: 500
lol yeah it's cool

Ginoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 12:38 PM
  #21
Sens are like Whoa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 5,958
vCash: 500
Best thread of the day.

Sens are like Whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 12:49 PM
  #22
Artie
Registered User
 
Artie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal, Que
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcE ColD View Post
Radek Bonk = Robert Bon
Aaron Downey = Armand Denis
Andrei Kostitsyn = André Constantin

They may not all be good, but I'm open to suggestions

I didn't put the names of the french speaking Habs as they all are... well... french.
You forgot that his parents were married after the law changed and he now uses a hyphenated name.

Robert Passi-Bon

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 01:04 PM
  #23
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
You forgot that his parents were married after the law changed and he now uses a hyphenated name.

Robert Passi-Bon
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 01:09 PM
  #24
IcE ColD
Registered User
 
IcE ColD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vieux Port Inc.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,848
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
You forgot that his parents were married after the law changed and he now uses a hyphenated name.

Robert Passi-Bon

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.