HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hanzal+Yandle to Edmonton

Old
03-06-2013, 05:19 AM
XX
... Waiting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoods14 View Post
I know MPS has been an HF whipping boy, but this year he has showed that his soph year was an aberration. Dude was 11th last among forwards in SO% last year at 2.5%! This year and his rookie year, he's up at hia true talent level of around 10%. He's a 200 foot player who can chip in on offense around 20g, play pp and pk. Coyotes need an offensive center like gags or nuge, they still have vermette as a 2 way center, and MPS fills a pk role and offensive production of hanzal. Nuge or gags gives the yotes a legit top 6 offensive center for the powerplay. Yandle is expendable-ish bc of the talent coming up.
MPS is trash, trade wise. He is showing exactly nothing. I'll trade you Rundblad for him, maybe. Oiler fans seem to be tossing him into the pile of goodies they have. Stop. His value has declined to the point where he doesn't belong there. Just sit on him and hope he pans out, because you aren't getting fair value for him in a trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoods14 View Post
Oilers get a tough minutes centre which they desperately need and another PMD. Coyotes bolster their attack and deal from positional strength to get an elite offensive player and a solid 2 way young winger. Everyone wins
Sure thing. Right after you trade us RNH and Hall for Korpikoski, Boedker and a 2nd.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 06:23 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Trade Hanzal to Ottawa for scraps...

Just so I can tell his brother that his brother plays for my NHL team

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 06:35 AM
416Leafer

OEL is worth more than any single piece on the oilers, and wont be moved.

Yandle could probably be had. But one of the big names would have to be included.

416Leafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 06:50 AM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

I think it would be beyond insane for Phoenix to ever trade Hanzal. He's big. He's physical. He allows the Coyotes to match up down the middle in the Western Conference, and his offense continues to improve every season.

I can see why the Oilers (or anyone else) would want him, though. He's everything Gagner is not, and everything the Oilers need in their top-6.

Next to OEL, I would think he's the most valuable player in the entire Phoenix organization. His value goes way beyond the stat sheet.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:44 AM
roboninja
EYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
MPS is trash, trade wise. He is showing exactly nothing. I'll trade you Rundblad for him, maybe. Oiler fans seem to be tossing him into the pile of goodies they have. Stop. His value has declined to the point where he doesn't belong there. Just sit on him and hope he pans out, because you aren't getting fair value for him in a trade.
GMs have scouts that actually watch games, so I won't take your opinion for theirs.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:04 AM
Kaibur

Hanzal and Yandle are core pieces to the Yotes, and are key reasons they've made the playoffs all three owner-less years, despite analysts picking them to finish in the bottom each season.

Hanzal's having the best production of his career, while still being dominant defensively. I am confident he will win a Selke at some point in his career.

Yandle is 26, assistant captain, a two-time all-star, and currently 15th in league scoring among defensemen.

Combined, they have played 50 playoff games, while still being very young. And they're both on long term, affordable contracts.

We know that Maloney turned down Gagner & Paajarvi for Yandle at the Draft. So if Oiler fans want to bring in Yandle alone, they've got to offer more than that. A first round pick might be that "more", but it won't get you a potential Selke winner on top of it.

OEL is currently 4th in defensemen scoring in the league. If he continues on at this pace, I could certainly see him getting a Norris nomination at 21. The offer that would pry him away would have to be absurd. Teams are much more likely to target Yandle or Gormley.

Kaibur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:48 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I think the proper price would be something like Gagner + Yakupov.

Phoenix fans can argue that it would be Gagner + Eberle. I'm not sure I'd want to do that... but I know that it would be better for the Oilers in the end. They need more help on the back end and they need a big bodied center like Hanzal big time.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:01 AM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
OEL is worth more than any single piece on the oilers, and wont be moved.

Yandle could probably be had. But one of the big names would have to be included.

This.

OEL is worth more than any one of RNH, Eberle, Hall, Yak.

The + depends on each player but it would be more than Edmonton is willing to give up i bet.

Edmonton Should have drafted a D man a long time ago.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:28 AM
_Del_

vCash: 50
I actually like MPS, (and he's a guy I would look to add) and everyone likes RNH, but I can't see why a playoff team would trade a top-pairing dman and their most important forward for them.

_Del_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:29 AM
korpedo

D wins games, as proven by Edmonton the last few years. For the Yotes to move one of the best offensive defensemen in the league, on top of our best center for what your offering is crazy and GMDM would have to be drunk to pull the trigger on that deal.

korpedo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:21 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
No. Both trades are terrible for the Coyotes.

MPS has little to no real trade value to other teams. The 2nd round pick must be a joke of sorts by OP. You don't get 2 core pieces from another team for 1 Oiler piece. I wouldn't trade OEL straight up for Eberle and RNH at this point. Maloney also already reportedly passed on Gagner and MPS at the draft. While Gagner has had a good season, MPS hasn't done anything to shed the bust/struggling tag. I still wouldn't do that trade, now, just like Maloney passed at the draft.
I guess if PRV is a bust you do not know hockey , Maybe stick to baseball

supert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:51 AM
Psychoil

RNH is worth more than half of the coyotes line up. I wouldn't do RNH for Yandle and Hanzel. Thats a joke. RNH is literally the most untouchable player on the oilers. We're never taking that trade.

It'd have to be OEL and Yandle and Hanzel for me to even think about it.

Yotes fans....come on guys. RNH is gonna to be a top 10 player in the league for sure.

Psychoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:00 PM
SHAR KS
3-0

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoil View Post
RNH is worth more than half of the coyotes line up. I wouldn't do RNH for Yandle and Hanzel. Thats a joke. RNH is literally the most untouchable player on the oilers. We're never taking that trade.

It'd have to be OEL and Yandle and Hanzel for me to even think about it.

Yotes fans....come on guys. RNH is gonna to be a top 10 player in the league for sure.
OEL+Hanzal+Yandle for RNH? LOL

OEL is a Norris candidate RIGHT NOW.

SHAR KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:40 PM
sokocanuck

vCash: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post
I'm going to have to watch this kid more closely I didn't see anything in the last game we played you that would make me think he is the best defenseman in the league aside from one beautiful stretch pass.

I just wanted to come in here and say I have 0 interest in trading RNH he is in his 2nd year in the league, nursing a re-occurring shoulder injury, went from butter soft rookie match-ups to going head to head against the toughest match-ups available and is a bit snake bitten. This is his low point the kid is only going up from here and you'd have to be an idiot not to see that the kid has the hockey sense and natural talent to be a truly exceptional player.
See edit.

sokocanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:29 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoil View Post
Top 10 potential or not, what makes you think RNH can stand up to Kopitar, Thornton, and Getzlaf? He can't even shut down the Sedins. Moral of this story: the Pacific is not the Northwest.

Hanzal is a Selke-caliber forward who plays shutdown while chipping in offense. And this year has been his best yet in terms of output: 7 goals and 10 points in 13 games, he's finally learning to use his large size effectively, wreaking havoc in front of the goal and cashing in on rebounds and deflections. He's a core member the Yotes will not part with unless there's a massive overpayment.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:33 PM
rockinghockey

I agree I dont see OeL ever getting moved but RNH will never get moved from the Oilers. Yandle would be a nice addition in EDM. Yandle playing with Schultz on the top pairing would be perfect. The big thing is what it would take to get him.
In the off season Gagner and PRV was offered and turned down.
I am sure if PHX knew that Gagner was going to have 22 points in 23 games they might of thought different.
I can see these two teams talking in the off season. I am not interested in Hanzel I see him more of a 3rd line centreman that can move up to the 2C when an injury occurs.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:34 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

i would trade gardiner for hopkins if he was truly available

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:02 PM
Jamin

Less then zero interest in trading RNH. People need to stop reading the stat lines and watch nuge play. He is going head to head with the best of the west in his 2nd year and not getting slaughtered with a respectable -1. When Horcoff returns expect him to start getting more points with another center to share the tough match ups.

Nuge is getting seriously undervalued here

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:04 PM
alpine4life

holy crap, oiler fans are really dilusional when it comes to their big 4/5... just keep them and keep losing!

alpine4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:53 PM
RisingSun
Registered Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine4life View Post
holy crap, oiler fans are really dilusional when it comes to their big 4/5... just keep them and keep losing!
Seems legit, delusional like phoenix fans who believe OEL is the best defenseman in the league. It's alright phoenix you don't have to trade us OEL, we'll just take him in the inevitable expansion draft

RisingSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:59 PM
seanerixon

Send a message via AIM to seanerixon Send a message via MSN to seanerixon Send a message via Yahoo to seanerixon Send a message via Skype™ to seanerixon
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRadicals View Post
Yandle+ for RNH....no thanks.

I think this the best the oilers would give up.

Eberle,Gagner,+ for Hanzal,OEL

I know you guys don't take it, but it's the most I would go for.
Coyotes get rung out to dry, I think that's worse than the original proposals to be honest. And the orignal proposals weren't even that good. And I know you put a + on the Oilers side, but I'm not sure if that means 1st round pick, random picks, or random players. Either way, PHX will let the team die before trading away a future Norris winner and #1 defenseman. And sure, that's a bold statement, but a legitimate one.

EDIT: People on HF really under value Marty Hanzal, the dude is a stud. All because he plays in PHX doesn't mean he rather play golf than hockey.

seanerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 04:04 PM
RisingSun
Registered Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanerixon View Post
Coyotes get rung out to dry, I think that's worse than the original proposals to be honest. And the orignal proposals weren't even that good. And I know you put a + on the Oilers side, but I'm not sure if that means 1st round pick, random picks, or random players. Either way, PHX will let the team die before trading away a future Norris winner and #1 defenseman. And sure, that's a bold statement, but a legitimate one.

EDIT: People on HF really under value Marty Hanzal, the dude is a stud. All because he plays in PHX doesn't mean he rather play golf than hockey.
Yeah that proposal is a bad but what about something like Eberle + Gagner for OEL?

RisingSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 04:09 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Yeesh OEL is good but my God is he overrated.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 04:13 PM
Zaddy Zads
Previously 5255

I think PHX and EDM could be decent trading partners. I'd love to see a deal made around Yandle for RNH. Personally as an Oiler fan I'd be willing to give away anything apart from Hall and Eberle that could make the team stronger. Problem is, most of our guys aren't anywhere near their actual value right now. However, I still think RNH could bring back something big. That guy is going to become one of the best players in the league one day and that should count for something.

Zaddy Zads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 04:17 PM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 404
I wouldn't consider either of those trades from Phoenix's perspective, and I don't think RNH would fit their system very well at all.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote