HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: oilers vs canucks

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2003, 04:07 AM
Yanner39

vCash: 500
Another disappointing loss. What frustrates me the most is that Conklin did let in some soft goals, but the Oilers CAN'T SCORE. I mean, on the last road trip, even though they were getting loads of shots, they can put the puck in the net. One to summerize how things have gone for the forwards is Oates' chance in the first period. Nice pass, nice shoot, Cloutier never saw it but it just hit him.

As this continues, I think it's up to Lowe right now to do something. I'm not even suggesting a trade, but bring up Salmo or Rita. Try to fix things from within.

I was looking at the standings and at least were not that far out of a playoff spot. There's still lots of games to play and there were positives last night although I still have a rather negative attitude towards the Oilers right now. They are:

PK perfect
The defense was nailing Bertuzzi anytime they had the chance.
Horcoff is playing better.
Laraque had a mean streak last night.

I can't wait for Marty to come back. That will definately help this team

Last edited by Yanner39: 12-21-2003 at 06:33 AM.
Old
12-21-2003, 05:52 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
I don't want to go on about how important Reasoner is to this team but he is, he allows one line to function and shut out the other line. Just look at Moreau and Pisanis ES+- that igor made just shows the difference.

In any case take the posotives Dr Nostrin pointed out since thats all we've got right now. I agree that a shakeup is needed, against Calgary i'd like to see these lines (not likely):

Smyth-Oates-Rita
Torres-York-Dvorak
Isbister-Horcoff-Hemsky
Moreau-Stoll-Pisani/Salmo

and keep fergy out!

but i wouldn't mind seeing this :

Semenov-Brewer
Smith-Bergeron
Staios-Woywitka

Old
12-21-2003, 08:48 AM
Mizral

Just wanted to say,

I don't think you can really blame Conklin on the 1st goal. I've seen Naslund score that goal on just about every goaltender in the league. It's just too quick for almost every netminder in the league. I know it doesn't look like much, but that's a tough save.

Old
12-21-2003, 10:05 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
I don't want to go on about how important Reasoner is to this team but he is, he allows one line to function and shut out the other line. Just look at Moreau and Pisanis ES+- that igor made just shows the difference.

In any case take the posotives Dr Nostrin pointed out since thats all we've got right now. I agree that a shakeup is needed, against Calgary i'd like to see these lines (not likely):

Smyth-Oates-Rita
Torres-York-Dvorak
Isbister-Horcoff-Hemsky
Moreau-Stoll-Pisani/Salmo

and keep fergy out!

but i wouldn't mind seeing this :

Semenov-Brewer
Smith-Bergeron
Staios-Woywitka
Don't forget, the last 3 games, 2/3 of the Oilers checking line has been out with injury as well. I really worry about Moreau getting injured since both Reasoner and Pisani are injured.