HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CoHo and a bunch of bums

Old
03-06-2013, 11:44 AM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

vCash: 50
Just saw the replay of Peters' stop on Vanek. That is just terrible on Vanek's part. Gotta. Bury. That.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:54 AM
threeVo

vCash: 500
Tropp and Flynn can be a solid 3rd/4th line tweener combo next season

threeVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:57 AM
French Connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
Curious to why Enroth didn't play. I wonder if he's looked that bad In Practice and game simulations (scrimmages) like Jesus idk. Because Rolston does seem like a second chance guy. And I'm kinda liking Flynn that speed is Awesome to have. Would be nice to see Hecht scratched if leino comes back anytime.

Curious where Folingo's head is at I think he just needs one to go in. I'm still rootin for a push to 8th.

I hate skinner, Semin looks like a new player, Regehr is useless.

We get no help offensively from our d....
What Folingo needs is a return trip to Rochester.

French Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchoolMaster View Post
Just saw the replay of Peters' stop on Vanek. That is just terrible on Vanek's part. Gotta. Bury. That.
I agree. Vanek looked unfocused on that play.

Anyways,

I thought CoHo looked real solid
I thought Grigorenko had his best game to date, but he still needs a lot of work. (He's weak along the boards and his shots are weak, but his defensive play and playmaking were pretty good)
I thought Myer's third period was the best I've seen him play in the past few years. He looked like Bobby Orr skating with the puck. Please continue playing like that, Myers!
Flynn looked good to me, too.
Brennan had a solid night.
Miller was mediocre.
Ennis looked crappy.
Eric Staal is a beast.
Skinner is a diver.
Semin can shoot.

There were some positives to take from this game. I thought they played good. It was a hard fought game. They just lack scoring. Hopefully that will be addressed in the offseason (Along with defensive help)

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:27 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
I agree. Vanek looked unfocused on that play.

Anyways,

I thought CoHo looked real solid
I thought Grigorenko had his best game to date, but he still needs a lot of work. (He's weak along the boards and his shots are weak, but his defensive play and playmaking were pretty good)
I thought Myer's third period was the best I've seen him play in the past few years. He looked like Bobby Orr skating with the puck. Please continue playing like that, Myers!
Flynn looked good to me, too.
Brennan had a solid night.
Miller was mediocre.
Ennis looked crappy.
Eric Staal is a beast.
Skinner is a diver.
Semin can shoot.

There were some positives to take from this game. I thought they played good. It was a hard fought game. They just lack scoring. Hopefully that will be addressed in the offseason (Along with defensive help)
The defensive zone play of this team is far and away the biggest issue they have. If they fix that, much of the offensive issues will clear up as well. I know it seems counterintuitive but taking care of your end usually opens up chances the other way.

Last edited by joshjull: 03-06-2013 at 12:37 PM.
joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
The defensive zone play of this team is far and away the biggest issue they have. If they fix that, much of the offensive issues will clear up as well. I know it seems counterintuitive but taking care of your end usually opens up chances the other way.
I agree 100%, but scoring depth seems to be another key issue.

They have 4 players who can consistently be an offensive threat
Vanek
CoHo
Ennis
Pommers

After that it's a bunch of grinders or inconsistent goal scorers

Vanek gets injured and falls off planet earth every season. So, in reality, they can rely on 3 guys to provide an offensive spark. Pommers has looked bad this season, as well.

I love the future of their centers, but they need some scoring wingers. Armia isn't enough.

Last edited by Dubi Doo: 03-06-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old
03-06-2013, 12:52 PM
dire wolf
be cool

Quote:
Bingo

dire wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Mit Yarrum
HoF Turd Shiner

vCash: 1663
Quote:
Yep. Hard to socre when you're spending so much time in your own zone. When they do finally get it out they need to get off for a change.

Mit Yarrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:07 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
I agree 100%, but scoring depth seems to be another key issue.

They have 4 players who can consistently be an offensive threat
Vanek
CoHo
Ennis
Pommers

After that it's a bunch of grinders or inconsistent goal scorers

Vanek gets injured and falls off planet earth every season. So, in reality, they can rely on 3 guys to provide an offensive spark. Pommers has looked bad this season, as well.

I love the future of their centers, but they need some scoring wingers. Armia isn't enough.
Armia, Grigorenko, and Foligno could all be decent secondary scoring players by next season if things go well for them. I'm more worried about our lack of defensive forwards and the fact that our D next year looks like:
Ehrhoff-Myers
???-Sekera
???-???
McNabb?
???

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:37 PM
cybresabre
Come back, Jack

vCash: 751
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
The defensive zone play of this team is far and away the biggest issue they have. If they fix that much of the offensive issues will clear up as well. I know it seems counterintuitive but taking care of your end usually opens up chance the other way.
Exactly. The team has major issues clearing the defensive zone with possession. It's often such a relief to get the puck over the blue line that they're willing to concede possession. They can't generate offense when they're busy chasing the puck back into their own zone.

cybresabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:41 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Armia, Grigorenko, and Foligno could all be decent secondary scoring players by next season if things go well for them. I'm more worried about our lack of defensive forwards and the fact that our D next year looks like:
Ehrhoff-Myers
???-Sekera
???-???
McNabb?
???
Armia is going to spend the year in Rochacha.
Girgorenko will still be going through his growing pains.
Foligno could, I guess.

We'll have Tropp and Leino back next year. Both of whom are good defensively. I just hope Tropp isn't affected too much by his injury. I have confidence in Flynn, too. Defensively responsible 3rd and 4th liners are much easier to come by than top 6 wingers who can score.

McNAbb should be up next year with the big club. He'll get his shot, for sure. They need another top 4 D man, no doubt. Preferably a top pairing D man to play along side Myers. I would still like to see more of Brennan, but I'm very cautious with him.

UFA-Myers
Ehrhoff-Sekera/UFA
McNabb-Sekera/UFA
Sulzer, Brennan, Pardy, ect/...