HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Regehr to Toronto

Old
03-06-2013, 11:14 AM
ScottyFreakinUpshall

vCash: 500
Regehr to Toronto

What would it take to get Regehr to Toronto? To get Dion's old D-partner back would be nice, as he can start playing his game. I'm not too sure how Regehr is playing in buffalo, and how important he is, but lets say Toronto desperately wants him. Whats it take? I'm assuming a D-man has to go back?

ScottyFreakinUpshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:17 AM
"Craigs on it"

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TChadwick7 View Post
What would it take to get Regehr to Toronto? To get Dion's old D-partner back would be nice, as he can start playing his game. I'm not too sure how Regehr is playing in buffalo, and how important he is, but lets say Toronto desperately wants him. Whats it take? I'm assuming a D-man has to go back?
my guess would be a second round pick, or a prospect equalivient to a 2nd round pick

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:24 AM
IBLEAF
17 CLARK-SON 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
my guess would be a second round pick, or a prospect equalivient to a 2nd round pick
nicolas deschamps maybe???

IBLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:26 AM
"Craigs on it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLEAF View Post
nicolas deschamps maybe???
I would think not, I think his value would be a late pick or waiver material.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Hero
Buffy is Back

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/m...darryl-sutter/
Quote:
"Some of the decisions made about personnel, there has been a lot of discrepancy, there's been fighting in the locker room between (former Flames Robin) Regehr and (Dion) Phaneuf at the time and you settle those things out as a coaching staff and a team but you don't dismantle people and move people. I know there are budget constraints, when (Jay) Bouwmeester came in I think that's why Phaneuf was finally perhaps moved. They were competitors and they were growing as a group.

-
Keenan also questioned whether the team would have been better off keeping Dion Phaneuf, adding: "When you got a superstar forward (Iginla) and certainly a winning goalie (Miikka Kiprusoff) ... you need to be anchored by a defenceman that would have the calibre of carrying a team as well so I don't know if Phaneuf would have drawn into that. He certainly had more upside than another defenceman that I was coaching and he's a guy that needs a lot of direction and you need to be firm him but he can give you minutes and results offensively."
It could be worked out, but also it wasn't all success with Regehr - Phaneuf, their last 1.5 seasons together was more rough.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:32 AM
ScottyFreakinUpshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post

It could be worked out, but also it wasn't all success with Regehr - Phaneuf, their last 1.5 seasons together was more rough.
I thought there might of been something like that happening, if not Regher we NEED a complete shutdown d-men. I'm just not sure who is available, i feel like their very hard to acquire these days (legit ones)

ScottyFreakinUpshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:33 AM
"Craigs on it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post

I think Phaneuf has grown alot as a person and player since then, I don't see why it would be any issue.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:37 AM
Beerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
I think Phaneuf has grown alot as a person and player since then, I don't see why it would be any issue.
I haven't seen it in the games this year....but last year you could see the two did not like each other.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:12 PM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
I haven't seen it in the games this year....but last year you could see the two did not like each other.
If Dion can handle it and Robyn doesn't mind AND the price is good, I'd love to reunite those two.

But I haven't heard anything about Regehr come out of Buffalo since he moved there (which really is a good thing for a true shutdown guy, when they're good they're invisible and unheard from). How is he actually doing for you guys? I'm still surprised Calgary even moved him.

uncleben85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Paper

The only defenseman that Phaneuf was good with consistently for the Flames just got claimed by the Rangers.

Regehr-Phaneuf was never as good as the sum of the parts and Regehr is far worse now.

Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:21 PM
caribouPINE

vCash: 356
Regehr?

He hasn't been good in like 3 years.

PASS.

caribouPINE is offline   Reply With Quote