HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bruins Scouting Ryane Clowe (Clowe Available?)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2013, 09:00 AM
  #51
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,400
vCash: 500
oh man Rangers need Ryan Clowe, he would be great in Atlantic

Offer up Boyle and a pick. Rangers get another C at the deadline as a rental

screw Boston

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:24 AM
  #52
SPV
Zoinks!
 
SPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 5,574
vCash: 500
I think several of the boards on HF might explode if the Bruins start skating Clowe on the third line with the rest of their roster intact. I won't mention any team names, but you know who you are!!

SPV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:32 AM
  #53
Squeeven
Registered User
 
Squeeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Honestly, it doesn't really make sense to trade Clowe for picks/prospects if we are in the playoff hunt. We also don't need defense. That leaves Peverley and Kelly who I think DW would be interested
I do think DW would want those two but I know I don't. This team is getting older and Kelly is 32 and Peverley is 30, and their play is declining like Clowes. What about something like:

To Bruins:
Ryane Clowe
2nd round pick
4th round pick


To Sharks:
Nathan Horton


Sharks need a winger and Bruins get scary big and tough. Also I'm not saying this is exactly a fair deal but I think it might be. Bruins fans please enlighten me on if this would be fair or not for Horton, Sharks fans too.

Squeeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:36 AM
  #54
Numbah4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeven View Post
I do think DW would want those two but I know I don't. This team is getting older and Kelly is 32 and Peverley is 30, and their play is declining like Clowes. What about something like:

To Bruins:
Ryane Clowe
2nd round pick
4th round pick


To Sharks:
Nathan Horton


Sharks need a winger and Bruins get scary big and tough. Also I'm not saying this is exactly a fair deal but I think it might be. Bruins fans please enlighten me on if this would be fair or not for Horton, Sharks fans too.
The Bruins are trying to win the cup. Any trade where they get the lesser roster player is a fail. Willing to give up picks and prospects to improve. Not downgrade current roster for future.

Numbah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:39 AM
  #55
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
Marchand and Clowe on the same team? Give everyone more of a reason to hate Boston.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:43 AM
  #56
Chandrashekhar Limit
Do it for Christine
 
Chandrashekhar Limit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,328
vCash: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
Marchand and Clowe on the same team? Give everyone more of a reason to hate Boston.
Lets not shortchange Lucic here. He is a ***** as well.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:47 AM
  #57
Nizdizzle
The Shanaplan.
 
Nizdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,570
vCash: 50
Ugh I've been wanting the Leafs to get Clowe for some time, he'd really give us that extra "bat-$^#& crazy" that we've been missing since Tucker.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:48 AM
  #58
zaYG
Nerevarine
 
zaYG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I'm not a Sharks fan, but I don't think they need a player like Kelly. They need some speed, and from what I've seen of Kelly, if I'm not mistaken, he isn't a great skater. He seems to be struggling too, what's up with that 3rd line?
Kelly is one of the fastest players on the team, albeit not the most agile.

zaYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:49 AM
  #59
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
Lets not shortchange Lucic here. He is a ***** as well.
LOL....i don't really care for him so i tune his name out so therefor forgot about him.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:55 AM
  #60
Arrch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NorCal
Country: United States
Posts: 4,466
vCash: 500
If we're in the playoff hunt, he's not available unless what you're offering helps us right now. To do that, it would need to be a one-for-one with a younger, faster shoot-first 2nd line winger. Basically a swap of skill-sets. Since he is UFA after this season, the only way I see that happening is if it is for another struggling, soon-to-be UFA.

If we're out of the playoff race, then the bidding starts with a 1st rounder or a 2nd plus a decent forward prospect.

Quote:
I thought that's what other Sharks fans were looking for was blue line depth? In reality if that's the case, what is a need for the Sharks?
Blue line depth is the LAST thing we are looking for.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:02 AM
  #61
SPV
Zoinks!
 
SPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 5,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrch View Post
If we're in the playoff hunt, he's not available unless what you're offering helps us right now. To do that, it would need to be a one-for-one with a younger, faster shoot-first 2nd line winger. Basically a swap of skill-sets. Since he is UFA after this season, the only way I see that happening is if it is for another struggling, soon-to-be UFA.

If we're out of the playoff race, then the bidding starts with a 1st rounder or a 2nd plus a decent forward prospect.



Blue line depth is the LAST thing we are looking for.
Yes, I would think if Clowe is heading to Boston, there has to be a third party involved that has what SJ needs. I don't see Boston giving up a roster player, and certainly not one that fits your described needs. So if SJ is really looking for a different skill set top 6; I don't see a match here.

SPV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:07 AM
  #62
Nolan11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
oh man Rangers need Ryan Clowe, he would be great in Atlantic

Offer up Boyle and a pick. Rangers get another C at the deadline as a rental

screw Boston
If Clowe were heading to the Rangers, I would want to see something more along the lines of:

Clowe, Braun (a #4 RH PMD on a great contract, 1.25M) and a conditional 2014 2nd

for Hagelin or Stepan

or

Clowe, Braun for Miller and a 2014 1st (this one I am not as sure about)

Nolan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:11 AM
  #63
Curtinho
Frysk Bloed
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,515
vCash: 500
Clowe on the Bruins is just overkill. Montreal should be worried.

Curtinho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:25 AM
  #64
bb_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: boston
Posts: 9,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie27Seguin19 View Post
Prospects (spooner, knight, koko) 1st rounder, 2nd, 3rd, kelly, peverley, ference, boychuck


Those are parts i think bruins are trading away
umm, huh?

bb_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:41 AM
  #65
Rickety Cricket
Registered User
 
Rickety Cricket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Not Kent Huskins
Country: United States
Posts: 28,908
vCash: 500
The Sharks don't have to trade Clowe, so they would probably need to get a good offer to trade him. For those ripping Clowe, he's apparently playing through an undisclosed injury. Wouldnt make sense for the Sharks to sell low on him.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:54 AM
  #66
KrugLife
Registered Champion
 
KrugLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Winchesterfieldville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,591
vCash: 500
Clowe would be a great addition to this team. Get it done chia

KrugLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:11 PM
  #67
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,637
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
The Sharks don't have to trade Clowe, so they would probably need to get a good offer to trade him. For those ripping Clowe, he's apparently playing through an undisclosed injury. Wouldnt make sense for the Sharks to sell low on him.
Clowe is a ufa this summer.

Since we are reading that the Sharks are shopping him, instead of starting extension talks, I'd say SJ does not see him as part of the future.

I do think we'll see a bidding fight for him, with plenty of teams kicking the tires.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:23 PM
  #68
Mattb124
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
I thought that's what other Sharks fans were looking for was blue line depth? In reality if that's the case, what is a need for the Sharks?
The need is a speedy, shoot first forward that is a 2nd/3rd tweener (not an 8th/9th NHL d-man).

Mattb124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:28 PM
  #69
tc23
#StopSbieksa2015
 
tc23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,790
vCash: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb124 View Post
The need is a speedy, shoot first forward that is a 2nd/3rd tweener (not an 8th/9th NHL d-man).
Could something around Clowe for Raymond/Higgins/Booth be done? All three are pretty speedy guys who like shooting the puck and I feel having a player like Clowe could be good for Kassian's development.

tc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:30 PM
  #70
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 19,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc23 View Post
Could something around Clowe for Raymond/Higgins/Booth be done? All three are pretty speedy guys who like shooting the puck and I feel having a player like Clowe could be good for Kassian's development.
I doubt we'll trade him to Vancouver to be honest. Plus, I think Clowe actually, really, hates your team heh. He tends to lose his freaking mind when we play more often than not.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:31 PM
  #71
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 19,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Clowe is a ufa this summer.

Since we are reading that the Sharks are shopping him, instead of starting extension talks, I'd say SJ does not see him as part of the future.

I do think we'll see a bidding fight for him, with plenty of teams kicking the tires.
I agree. Clowe has a unique skillset that many GM's will covet and the Sharks simply cannot afford to re-sign him next season. Whoever comes back will be on a cost controlled contract.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:40 PM
  #72
tc23
#StopSbieksa2015
 
tc23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,790
vCash: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I doubt we'll trade him to Vancouver to be honest. Plus, I think Clowe actually, really, hates your team heh. He tends to lose his freaking mind when we play more often than not.
Haha, he does seem to hate playing Vancouver. Would've like seeing him here but oh well.

tc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:41 PM
  #73
doc lafleur
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Clowe on the Bruins is just overkill. Montreal should be worried.
Big slow takes stupid penalties perfect fit

doc lafleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:29 PM
  #74
cashman rules*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Timmins ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc lafleur View Post
Big slow takes stupid penalties perfect fit
You forgot midget slappins too

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:31 PM
  #75
Rickety Cricket
Registered User
 
Rickety Cricket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Not Kent Huskins
Country: United States
Posts: 28,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Clowe is a ufa this summer.

Since we are reading that the Sharks are shopping him, instead of starting extension talks, I'd say SJ does not see him as part of the future.

I do think we'll see a bidding fight for him, with plenty of teams kicking the tires.
A little over a month ago the same guy who is reporting this reported they're talking extension with Clowe. I doubt thinks have taken such a dramatic turn for the worse in a month. My guess is Kurz is overreacting to scouts at a game.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.