HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

The Official 2012/13 San Antonio Rampage Thread

Old
02-15-2013, 02:35 PM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
I don't think that's the case with Markstrom, buddy. Markstrom had another knee injury, hadnt played a whole season of NA hockey yet, and they've been preaching patience. Markstrom struggled early and apparently didn't beat Clem or Theo for the starting job. I'm fine with him staying down for now.

02-15-2013, 03:10 PM
RampageNate

Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
.934 Save % monster numbers, do they have a Vezina equivalent in the AHL? Would he be a front runner for it
The Bastien Memorial Award

Probably not. I think his win/loss hurts him (though it shouldn't), I think having a goalie putting up the numbers DGM is as a teammate hurts him, and frankly, there are a couple of guys (Lehner, Taylor, Kuemper) having better seasons on winning teams.

That doesn't mean Markstrom hasn't been the MVP of this team though. He has, and there is no 2nd place.

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Kate

Like I've said in the past, we are blessed to have one great AHL goalie and one really good one. rank them as you may! most teams aren't as lucky. sucks we're in last though.

Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:24 PM
Beezeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Like I've said in the past, we are blessed to have one great AHL goalie and one really good one. rank them as you may! most teams aren't as lucky. sucks we're in last though.
Serious question Kate. Are you DGM's mom or Gf or something. You seem to be the only one who thinks DGM is anything more than a solid #2 goalie in the AHL

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:35 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
Serious question Kate. Are you DGM's mom or Gf or something. You seem to be the only one who thinks DGM is anything more than a solid #2 goalie in the AHL
Perhaps more people should think like her then.

DGM has been in the AHL for awhile now and has put up good #'s. His last 3 seasons in the AHL, he has posted save%'s of 92+. Only reason he's not starting in the AHL is because Markstrom is there.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:52 PM
Kate

Too young to be his mom; too old to be his gf, plus the dude's married. When I pick a favorite player, I run with it. and no where did I mention a player's name. last year, we had foster and.......????? do you watch the rampage or panthers? believe it or not, we love the sport too, even though we watch the AHL.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:35 PM
Beezeral

Quote:
Too young to be his mom; too old to be his gf, plus the dude's married. When I pick a favorite player, I run with it. and no where did I mention a player's name. last year, we had foster and.......????? do you watch the rampage or panthers? believe it or not, we love the sport too, even though we watch the AHL.
Who said you don't love the game? I just think its odd that you keep pumping this kid as our best goalie in San Antonio, when you would be hard pressed to find anyone who agrees. My favorite current panther is Ed Jovanovski. I love watching him play and hope he plays well. But I also realize he is probably one of the worst players on the roster.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:44 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
Or she could have been watching this team for the past season and a half and seen a goalie that has consistently matched or outperformed the Panthers "golden child".

If you think DGM is nothing more than a "#2 AHL goalie", then you haven't watched him play much. He could start on a very high number of AHL teams.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:25 PM
Beezeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
Or she could have been watching this team for the past season and a half and seen a goalie that has consistently matched or outperformed the Panthers "golden child".

If you think DGM is nothing more than a "#2 AHL goalie", then you haven't watched him play much. He could start on a very high number of AHL teams.

Fair enough.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:38 PM
Erick

Quote:
Who said you don't love the game? I just think its odd that you keep pumping this kid as our best goalie in San Antonio, when you would be hard pressed to find anyone who agrees. My favorite current panther is Ed Jovanovski. I love watching him play and hope he plays well. But I also realize he is probably one of the worst players on the roster.
I don't think she ever said that.

I think she just said she prefers DGM's style.

I remember when people used to say the same things about Craig Anderson despite the fact that Vokoun was the better goalie at the time.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:34 AM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
We can quickly solve that problem and call up Markstrom...

Get rid of Clemmensen and DGM will start in goal.

Boothinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:07 AM
Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothinator View Post
We can quickly solve that problem and call up Markstrom...

Get rid of Clemmensen and DGM will start in goal.
After watching/listening to the games this weekend, I don't think Marky's ready for the NHL yet. But what do I know?? I HATED Montoya and he was successful in New York.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:18 AM
TurboBrick

Looking at the stats... we're not dead yet! Going with my earlier prediction of 88 points required to make it to the playoffs, we are currently at 51 pts with 51 games played... 25 left on the season and we need 37, which means 18-6-1 record.

The keys to the rest of the season are...

5 games against Aeros and 5 against Stars. We can afford losing every game at CPC but we really need to step it up against Houston. It's their playoff spot we're stealing.

15 games at home, 10 on the road, next weekend accounts for 3 of those road games. The last two months have tons of games but it'll suck more for the other teams who are having to make the trip down to SA. After this weekend, Rampage only has two road games outside of Texas and it's a back-to-back in Charlotte.

Last edited by TurboBrick: 02-18-2013 at 09:27 AM.
TurboBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:36 AM
Kate

I read that Markstrom is going up against the Pens tonight. Holy CRIPES if that is true. Since he's been in the NHL before, I hope he does great. But, Crosby and Malkin make me mucho nervous! GO MARKSTROM!!!

Last edited by Kate: 02-22-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old
02-23-2013, 06:11 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
I read that Markstrom is going up against the Pens tonight. Holy CRIPES if that is true. Since he's been in the NHL before, I hope he does great. But, Crosby and Malkin make me mucho nervous! GO MARKSTROM!!!
he was awesome...we were all more nervous for him then he likely was.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:44 PM
RampageNate

Rampage lose last night 5-0 vs. a bad Peoria team, then double up division leading Grand Rapids tonight 6-3.

This is quite possibly my favorite all-time Rampage stat:

Nolan Yonkman was on the ice for all 8 goals scored against over the last 2 games.

How does that even happen?

Old
02-24-2013, 09:50 AM
UKPanther
@GJenSports

Please could someone tell me how Howden is getting along? I seem to be seeing his name in boxscores more these days.

UKPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:04 AM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKPanther View Post
Please could someone tell me how Howden is getting along? I seem to be seeing his name in boxscores more these days.
I'd say he's developing at a good pace. He's so incredibly fast and skilled. He's also a big kid. I could definitely see him as a 2nd line winger someday.

That said, he's still learning the pro game. He needs to work on staying upright and playing a little more controlled game.

I see him getting an invite to training camp with a legit shot to make the team. But I see him starting in SA again, being the first injury callup.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:45 AM
RampageNate

Gameday!

Old
03-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Kate

what's the chance that we will have more than 6 defenders and 12 forwards for friday's game?

Old
03-06-2013, 01:04 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
what's the chance that we will have more than 6 defenders and 12 forwards for friday's game?
Not happening.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:12 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Just wanted to come on this thread and thank the Ramapge fans for the support of these young guns that are blossoming.

Yesterday 9 of the cats played at least a game for you guys THIS year. Each fan that supported them in Texas played a role in that.

As an added bonus, Interacting with you guys is such an upgrade from the rochester group, as an added bonus.

Cheers.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
Not happening.
Well, I guess I should be glad I'm not traveling up to Starsland Friday night to watch that schlacking! Our guys better eat their Wheaties Friday morning and THEN SOME! It's gonna be a tough game and their fans have become quite ruthless!

Old
03-06-2013, 09:14 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
Well, I guess I should be glad I'm not traveling up to Starsland Friday night to watch that schlacking! Our guys better eat their Wheaties Friday morning and THEN SOME! It's gonna be a tough game and their fans have become quite ruthless!
Texas is missing just as much as we are.

Unfortunately, it won't matter. The Rampage just can't win there.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:39 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Was just checking their schedule to see if the came around the SW Ontario/Michigan region again (they do not) so I could check out a game.

Do they were finish the season on a homestand. 14 home vs 7 away.

PantherboyHTR is offline   Reply With Quote