Old
03-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Gaps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
+1 to Coyle not being a factor on that line
+1 to potentially splitting them up

I'm just not seeing a hell of a lot out of Koivu for a lot of shifts. He looks tired and slow and refuses to shoot. Deferring too much to Parise maybe?
A Finnish hockey writer stationed in Minnesota interviewed Koivu a while back and he said he wasn't happy with his game so far this season. He seems a little frustrated to me, I know he really wants Parise to score and make the playoffs. This is a new situation for him and based on what I've read about him in the past, he has a tendency to overthink when things aren't going the way they should in his opinion and that may very well be what's showing in his game right now. The right coaching can help him relax and get the flow going, but I'm not sure if there's anyone in the coaching staff who's good at helping the players overcome mental locks. What I know is that he's his own biggest critic.

Gaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:10 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

I'd like to know if half the people posting here about the Wild even *watch* the bloody games...

/facepalm

Put Butch up on the top line and watch magic happen. I am sick and tired of seeing his linemates be offensive black holes and then people blaming Bouchard. All those pretty passes to no one are him expecting a line mate to actually SKATE to the hole, not look at the hole, fall over and then laze their way to it after the pass.

When Clutterbuck comes back, send Coyle AND Granlund down to Houston.

Parise - Koivu - Bouchard
Zucker - Cullen - Setoguchi
Clutterbuck- Brodziak - Heatley
Rupp - Konopka/Dowell - Mitchell

/shrug

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:21 PM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
I'd like to know how humiliating Koivu and putting Parise in an unenviable position will cure all our problems.
You mean causing unnecessary conflict in the locker room isn't a good idea?

Fact is, the locker-room likely backs Koivu. He's been the one there through the bad times, working his ass off every game. Parise has been in the locker room for a total of 23 games. And outside of national team games with Suter, never played with anyone else on the roster.

ThatGuy22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Emilie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 View Post
You mean causing unnecessary conflict in the locker room isn't a good idea?

Fact is, the locker-room likely backs Koivu. He's been the one there through the bad times, working his ass off every game. Parise has been in the locker room for a total of 23 games. And outside of national team games with Suter, never played with anyone else on the roster.
Anyone who has ever been around the team knows that they back Koivu 110%

People can say all they want that he shouldn't be the captain, but the fact of the matter is that what anyone outside of the locker room thinks doesn't mean jack.

Emilie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:36 PM
nickschultzfan

Parise-Granlund-Heatley
Bouchard-Koivu-Coyle

2nd line is looking too good to break up. It's the first time Setoguchi has been going since he's been on the Wild. And Cullen looks a lot better with more space.

Koivu has played well with Bouchard over the years.

Granlund has been playing well with Heatley, maybe Parise could get him producing.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
I don't see why anyone would want to break up that 2nd line with the way they've been playing. I wouldn't be against giving Granlund a shot with the top line to see what happens, though.
That is very true but there is more production potential in Parise and Koivu then Cullen and Seto soooo if you want to get Parise going then maybe it means you have to take a Zucker or Seto off that line that is working very well.

Ultimaltely there are more goals to be had out of Parise and Koivu then there are out of that second line even at its best which it has been.

Blizzard6411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:04 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard6411 View Post
That is very true but there is more production potential in Parise and Koivu then Cullen and Seto soooo if you want to get Parise going then maybe it means you have to take a Zucker or Seto off that line that is working very well.

Ultimaltely there are more goals to be had out of Parise and Koivu then there are out of that second line even at its best which it has been.
I wouldn't want to bust up a line that is currently producing in the hope that it may spark another line that isn't.

There are other options...Granlund for one. Even if just for a couple of shifts, just to see what the kid can do with Parise and Koivu.

MuckOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilie View Post
Anyone who has ever been around the team knows that they back Koivu 110%

People can say all they want that he shouldn't be the captain, but the fact of the matter is that what anyone outside of the locker room thinks doesn't mean jack.
But... But... But you mean that the fans don't get to vote on team captain? Blasphemy I say!

Gaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:05 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
I'd like to know if half the people posting here about the Wild even *watch* the bloody games...

/facepalm

Put Butch up on the top line and watch magic happen. I am sick and tired of seeing his linemates be offensive black holes and then people blaming Bouchard. All those pretty passes to no one are him expecting a line mate to actually SKATE to the hole, not look at the hole, fall over and then laze their way to it after the pass.

/shrug
i'd like butch to have a go at it too. would like Seto up there as well, but not at the cost of splitting him up from Zucker and Cullen.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:06 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:

/facepalm

/shrug
If Bouchard's lack of production is due to slower line mates, why has he struggled so much on the PP? Where's the magic there?

Old
03-06-2013, 01:13 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
If Bouchard's lack of production is due to slower line mates, why has he struggled so much on the PP? Where's the magic there?
huge difference between playing the point on a power play and playing as a winger...

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Tuomaz

Funny I think Bouchard has been constantly one of the worst players on wild.. And Granlund sure looks hell of a lot faster than bouchard atm...

Tuomaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Sportserie

I would love to see Parise and Granlund together. Why haven't we seen this yet? The PP a little bit but I don't understand Yeo's obsession with Coyle on that top line. Let's see Parise, Granlund, Heatley or Parise, Granlund, Koivu.

Sportserie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Tuomaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportserie View Post
I would love to see Parise and Granlund together. Why haven't we seen this yet? The PP a little bit but I don't understand Yeo's obsession with Coyle on that top line. Let's see Parise, Granlund, Heatley or Parise, Granlund, Koivu.
I guess it's the right-handed shot.

Tuomaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:41 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

If they don't break those two up, they ought to try a different RW. I vote Granlund. Just, see what happens. Ideally you'd have another speedy forward like Zucker there, but he stirs the second line's drink.

Probably not news, but I ran the #'s for their success against opponents...against the top teams we've played, Parise Koivu and Healtey have a combined 2 points in 18 games, good for 0.11 ppg average. Against everyone else, they have 44 points in 48 games, which is 0.92 ppg average.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Bouchard has been invisible. Five points, three of which came in the first two weeks of the season. He and Heatley are two players that are just two players that don't seem to fit anywhere in the lineup, although Heatley can randomly be productive.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:41 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Eh, I'd start fiddling again when we lose 3 in a row and the play is bad. Team has looked a lot better recently. Defense has been **** though, I'm more worried about that right now. I want to see more Kuemper, can't complain about a big goalie taking up all that net.

WildisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Wildfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEALLKNOWING View Post
The important thing to focus on is Koivu. After all, his ppg this year are ahead of his career pace. Plus he leads the team in points by a margin of 3. PP & PK time, face-offs, on-ice time, etc. Yeah, he's really bringing the team down.

Here's a suggestion, focus on the local annointed one, Parise. Most games this year, he has done zip. Talk about under-achiever thus far. Suter was the key signing this summer, not Parise. The Wild have no elite NHL players, but in the group below, the stars, Parise is 3rd on the Wild in that ranking.

BTW, Mikko has as many even strength goals as Parise.
Mikko leading in points is a function of all the PP TOI he gets.

Even Strength scoring (points):

Cullen 11
Seto 10
Mikko 9
Parise 8

Early in the year Parise was singlehandedly carrying the team. Lately it's been Cullen's line.

I'm in the break up the Parise-Mikko pair camp. Mikko is a stud who can carry mediocre linemates, he's been doing it his whole career. Parise is similar, he does a lot on his own.

Last year Brodz played pretty good when he was filling in for Mikko and playing with more talented players:

Parise-Brodz-Heatley

Let fbj play with his big buddy:

MiG-Mikko-PMB

Let the Speed Kills Line alone:

Zucker-Cullen-Seto

4th Line Grinders:

Rupp-Konopka (or Larsson)-Mitchell

Wildfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 03:34 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

Quote:

I can definitely get behind this. Granlund and Coyle need to be sharpening their games in Houston right now.

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 03:57 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfish View Post

Cullen 11
Seto 10
Mikko 9
Parise 8

Early in the year Parise was singlehandedly carrying the team. Lately it's been Cullen's line.

I'm in the break up the Parise-Mikko pair camp. Mikko is a stud who can carry mediocre linemates, he's been doing it his whole career. Parise is similar, he does a lot on his own.

Last year Brodz played pretty good when he was filling in for Mikko and playing with more talented players:

Parise-Brodz-Heatley

MiG-Mikko-PMB

Zucker-Cullen-Seto

4th Line Grinders:

Interesting...where would you insert Clutterbuck?

Old
03-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Doobz89

Those are pukish, Id go with

Parise-Koivu-Granlund
Zucker-Cullen-Seto
Heater-Brodz-Bouchard
Clutter/Rupp-ZK-Clutter/Mitchell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfish View Post

Cullen 11
Seto 10
Mikko 9
Parise 8

Parise-Brodz-Heatley

MiG-Mikko-PMB

Zucker-Cullen-Seto

4th Line Grinders:

Doobz89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Wildfish

Quote:
Interesting...where would you insert Clutterbuck?
On Philly's 3rd Line.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Wildfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobz89 View Post
Those are pukish, Id go with

Parise-Koivu-Granlund
Zucker-Cullen-Seto
Heater-Brodz-Bouchard
Clutter/Rupp-ZK-Clutter/Mitchell
Doesn't Granlund shoot left, and wasn't he a LW for the Finn homeboy team?

Heatless is a RW. But your line is OK cause PMB can play LW.

Your 4th Line is a little incoherent.

Watch the most recent Chi game? Watch the Chi scoring highlights - you'll see #15 again and again when Chi scores. And if you look close you'll see a dinky little #96 being pushed aside and who was the Center? Baby jesus? Backstrom plus that 3rd Line was horrible and gave that game away.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 404
Sorry Bozak, PMB hasn't looked good this season IMO.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:18 PM
THEALLKNOWING*

Put CC with Cullen and PMB. Then see if we can trade the whole line! Now that's as ridiculous plan as any other.

something to remember Cullen lovers. He's streaky, and with the Wild, he's tended to be a non-factor the second half of the seasons. His trade value will never be higher than right now. Same with CC. PMB is freebie to finally get rid of him once and for all.

THEALLKNOWING* is offline   Reply With Quote