HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 01:07 PM
HiggsBozon
i.e. GFORCE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Clowe sucks. Why do so many people want him?
Yeah, why don't people forget about 4 straight good offensive seasons because of those 19 games?

Get over yourself, insulting people because they want Ryane Clowe. Some people watch Western Teams play enough to have players they would like on their team. Plus, you fail to bring any valid argument on why he sucks.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Yeah, why don't people forget about 4 straight good offensive seasons because of those 19 games?

Get over yourself, insulting people because they want Ryane Clowe. Some people watch Western Teams play enough to have players they would like on their team. Plus, you fail to bring any valid argument on why he sucks.
Well I'll take Sharks' fans opinions over yours.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Cupmonger

Quote:
Hah, one bad season, which isn't over yet, and he's a terrible player. Just disregard any players entire career other than the current one. Nice.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:22 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
A lot of Shark fans are saying he's playing through an undisclosed injury.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
Hah, one bad season, which isn't over yet, and he's a terrible player. Just disregard any players entire career other than the current one. Nice.
So all the stuff I read about him from people that watch EVERY game is wrong? Good to know.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:26 PM
HiggsBozon
i.e. GFORCE

Quote:
Quote:
So all the stuff I read about him from people that watch EVERY game is wrong? Good to know.
I'll take my opinion on seeing him play over a guy who's reporting other people's opinion on his game in 19 contests to start a weird shortened season. To suggest he generally sucks because of fans bashing him game in the 19 last contests is ridiculous.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
A lot of Shark fans are saying he's playing through an undisclosed injury.
The great endorsements just keep piling up.

If people here want to unload assets for an injured, UFA to be, slow, can't score this season player that's great. I'm sure MB has more sense.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Tusk

Quote:

If people here want to unload assets for an injured, UFA to be, slow, can't score this season player that's great. I'm sure MB has more sense.
I'm still offended by you insulting people.

Old
Tuggy

Quote:
I'll take my opinion on seeing him play over a guy who's reporting other people's opinion on his game in 19 contests to start a weird shortened season. To suggest he generally sucks because of fans bashing him game in the 19 last contests is ridiculous.
So what is your assessment of his play this year?

Old
Cupmonger

Quote:
The guy averages over 0.6ppg in each season (has done 0.7ppg on some seasons) and he's bad? He has a slow start this year. I don't know who you're reading. Some of us watch the games.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:30 PM
HiggsBozon
i.e. GFORCE

Quote:

How many times have you seen the guy play? With your own eyes? You sure show a lot of arrogance for a guy who admits judging the player because of what fans on this board think of him.

As poor as this endorsement might look to you, it's still better than the 0 arguments you've put together in this thread to justify your opinion on the player.

There's also a fair difference between doing a clever buy-low kind of deal, and "unloading assets" for a player you're not re signing.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
I'm still offended by you insulting people.
I think I need to be more considerate of people's feelings.

Quote:
The guy averages over 0.6ppg in each season (has done 0.7ppg on some seasons) and he's bad? He has a slow start this year. I don't know who you're reading. Some of us watch the games.
Well I read the Sharks board and not many there have good things to say about him. They are the ones that watch him play every night and would know him better than anyone else (beside GFORCE maybe).

Old
03-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Cupmonger

Quote:
How many times have you seen the guy play? With your own eyes? You sure show a lot of arrogance for a guy who admits judging the player because of what fans on this board think of him.

As poor as this endorsement might look to you, it's still better than the 0 arguments you've put together in this thread to justify your opinion on the player.

There's also a fair difference between doing a clever buy-low kind of deal, and "unloading assets" for a player you're not re signing.
While we definitely don't agree on enforcers I couldn'T agree with you more.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:32 PM
HiggsBozon
i.e. GFORCE

Quote:
So what is your assessment of his play this year?
He's been starting off slow, he has never been known for his speed and his offensive domination, but he just has a slow start to a weird season, just like many other players out there. He's a really bugging player on the forecheck which makes him somehow effective even when he's not scoring, and he sure wouldn't cost a ******** of assets to aquire, which would make him a smart buy in my opinion. To suggest he just "sucks" because his play hasn't been up to par this season is exaggerated.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:34 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:

Well I read the Sharks board and not many there have good things to say about him. They are the ones that watch him play every night and would know him better than anyone else (beside GFORCE maybe).
huh...

Old
03-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Tuggy

You all keep talking about previous seasons but what does that matter? He would be a rental for THIS season and he currently does suck this season. Will he improve? Maybe. But are the Habs really in position to deal players/prospects/draft picks for a player that "might" get better?

Those assets can be better used in other areas or on different players.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:38 PM
HiggsBozon
i.e. GFORCE

Quote:
You all keep talking about previous seasons but what does that matter? He would be a rental for THIS season and he currently does suck this season. Will he improve? Maybe. But are the Habs really in position to deal players/prospects/draft picks for a player that "might" get better?

Like I said, the buy would be fairly low, and of course, following MB's philosophy, you try to sign him for another 2 years before the UFA period kicks in. He's obviously having a disappointing year, but he's young enough to rebound and have a couple more interesting campaigns. Plus, regardless of his production (which I'm pretty confident it will rebound sooner than later), he's going to be aggressive and tough to play against, which is exactly how this management wants to build their team.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
At some point, players need a change of scenery to re boost their carreer. Cole was let go recently because he had a slow start.

Clowe on a third line would not hurt. He knows Montreal because he played one season with the Junior team, and played all his Junior hockey in the Q.

If it doesn't work until the end of the season, then drop him on the UFA market.

This team needs to get bigger and grittier. Bring on some beef who can play hockey too.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Cupmonger

Quote:

So he has a bad stretch. Bad comments pop up. We definitely don't see that here. Guess Price is terrible after all. So is our entire defense!

Look, SJ started really hot. Then they go and play extremely poorly. you think people won't look for scape goats just like we did?

Overreaction is all. Clowe's a good player. For years, the SJ boards have been saying he's one of the best power forwads in the game. Now that the team is playing mediocre and that he's playing under expectations. They think he isn't the player he is anymore. That some team will overpay for him.

They also thought Marleau wasn't a such a good player a while back.

One tends to see the game differently when it's unbiased/objective.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:41 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:

The guy is gonna be UFA next July. SJ cannot ask the moon for him.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Like I said, the buy would be fairly low, and of course, following MB's philosophy, you try to sign him for another 2 years before the UFA period kicks in. He's obviously having a disappointing year, but he's young enough to rebound and have a couple more interesting campaigns. Plus, regardless of his production (which I'm pretty confident it will rebound sooner than later), he's going to be aggressive and tough to play against, which is exactly how this management wants to build their team.
I understand the point you are trying to make but I just think Clowe is not the answer.

First, he's not that young. Especially for a player that plays his style. Second he is an impeding UFA currently making 4M (3.6 cap) a season. He is not going to take less than that, so I don't like the idea of playing him 4M+ to be on the 3rd line with no certainty of production.

I do, however, want a player of his mold added to the bottom six. But I want a 3-4 years younger version of Clowe. A cheaper/younger version with the cap going down and the direction this team is going.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
I understand the point you are trying to make but I just think Clowe is not the answer.

First, he's not that young. Especially for a player that plays his style. Second he is an impeding UFA currently making 4M (3.6 cap) a season. He is not going to take less than that, so I don't like the idea of playing him 4M+ to be on the 3rd line with no certainty of production.

I do, however, want a player of his mold added to the bottom six. But I want a 3-4 years younger version of Clowe. A cheaper/younger version with the cap going down and the direction this team is going.
Give us names, please !

Old
03-06-2013, 01:48 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
So he has a bad stretch. Bad comments pop up. We definitely don't see that here. Guess Price is terrible after all. So is our entire defense!

Look, SJ started really hot. Then they go and play extremely poorly. you think people won't look for scape goats just like we did?

Overreaction is all. Clowe's a good player. For years, the SJ boards have been saying he's one of the best power forwads in the game. Now that the team is playing mediocre and that he's playing under expectations. They think he isn't the player he is anymore. That some team will overpay for him.

They also thought Marleau wasn't a such a good player a while back.

One tends to see the game differently when it's unbiased/objective.
I understand all this and it's true. But I don't watch every game, so outside of a stat sheet that is the best source material IMO.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:50 PM
HiggsBozon
i.e. GFORCE

Quote:

If you actually want this package, you have to be willing to hand David Clarkson over 5M. Because that's what his price will be set at this summer. Then again, in my opinion, the risk would be even greater. And you don't get him before this summer. You also have to be ready to give close to 6 years to that guy.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Cupmonger

I don't get the love for David Clarkson though. He has one good season this year. Last year was very mediocre. And everything beyond that has been pretty bad for a player that some believe to be a top 6.

What is it? Was he used as a 3rd/4th liner until last year when they realized he was a good player?

Honest question because I had never heard of him until last season's playoffs.

Closed Thread