HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

All Things Jerseys - Part VIII

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 12:24 AM
mike14

vCash: 500
Can anyone recommend the Customization from SportsK? Their shipping is half of what everyone else charges so if it's good I'll go thru them

Old
03-06-2013, 12:49 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
Can anyone recommend the Customization from SportsK? Their shipping is half of what everyone else charges so if it's good I'll go thru them
I recommend it...

I ordered my customized authentic liberty jersey from them in 2005 and my customized premier jersey from them in 2010.... They customize the jerseys through a 3rd party who does a quality job... They use name plates on their jerseys and if you view their site you will see pictures that are representative of the type of customization you will receive.

When I've had to email them to ask questions or for Customer Service reasons they have gotten back to me quickly and been courteous.

There are other quality sites you can go through as well but IMHO Sportsk is one of the reputable ones. If I were to order another jersey I would go through them again.

If the price is right I say go for it.... Just make sure you order the correct size.

Last edited by wolfgaze: 03-06-2013 at 12:59 AM.
Old
03-06-2013, 01:11 AM
mike14

cheers wolfgaze. Much appreciated

Old
03-06-2013, 02:03 AM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
I also recommend it. I've had an away white cally with the C as well as an alternate blue mcdonagh done there. My brother has gotten his cally and nash done there as well.

The only problem is that they take forever. The fastest shipment I've ever gotten was 3 weeks, slowest up to almost two months. You have to call them to make sure they're on the ball.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:30 AM
RUSF18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Wrong. I call people out for wearing fake jerseys at MSG... I would never call someone out for wearing a fake jersey while playing roller hockey though....
What I find most amazing is when people are wearing the fake Winter Classic jerseys. Not just the ones with the terrible lettering, but with the regular (but poorly shaped) NYR shield instead of the elongated one. Horrendous.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:56 AM
cjc5103

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Oh you're going to wear it? I figured it was going to get framed and hung on the wall.... What would you do if you spilled some mustard on it?
This would frighten the hell out of me. No way I ever wear this jersey if I spent so much blood, sweat and tears on this jersey.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:10 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjc5103 View Post
This would frighten the hell out of me. No way I ever wear this jersey if I spent so much blood, sweat and tears on this jersey.
If it was Richter's ACTUAL game worn 94' jersey, it would be framed and preserved as if it were a holy deity.

But this one is being made to wear. It always feels good when I see jerseys from that era at the Garden.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Dangleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Wrong. I call people out for wearing fake jerseys at MSG... I would never call someone out for wearing a fake jersey while playing roller hockey though....
Who are you the jersey police? LMAO. If that floats your boat, fine by me. The number of people sporting fake jerseys will only grow larger, it's a billion dollar industry.

BRB ordering fake jersey from China for only $30.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Cliffy1814

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSF18 View Post
What I find most amazing is when people are wearing the fake Winter Classic jerseys. Not just the ones with the terrible lettering, but with the regular (but poorly shaped) NYR shield instead of the elongated one. Horrendous.
There are really two categories of people.
People wearing fakes who don't know they are wearing fakes and those who wear them because they are 1/5 the price of a Premier jersey and don't want to drop $150 every time someone gets traded.

I feel sorry for the first category of people (There is a fake Nash jersey up over $100 on ebay now. People bidding on this fall into first category).

The 2nd category of people I have no issue with. Maybe they actually kept their word about not putting money in the leagues pocket after the lockout. Maybe they have a 15 year old son who keeps growing and this is the only way they can keep him outfitted in a team jersey (me), Maybe they just find the obscene prices for replica jerseys too much.

Truth be told, I wear Premier jerseys. I cannot bring myself to wear a fake. My son loves getting a couple of jerseys for Christmas that he would not otherwise get. Some of them are very well done in terms of appearance. They'll fall apart if you wash them, but who really washes jerseys anyway??

Old
03-06-2013, 11:50 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1814 View Post
There are really two categories of people.
People wearing fakes who don't know they are wearing fakes and those who wear them because they are 1/5 the price of a Premier jersey and don't want to drop $150 every time someone gets traded.

I feel sorry for the first category of people (There is a fake Nash jersey up over $100 on ebay now. People bidding on this fall into first category).

The 2nd category of people I have no issue with. Maybe they actually kept their word about not putting money in the leagues pocket after the lockout. Maybe they have a 15 year old son who keeps growing and this is the only way they can keep him outfitted in a team jersey (me), Maybe they just find the obscene prices for replica jerseys too much.

Truth be told, I wear Premier jerseys. I cannot bring myself to wear a fake. My son loves getting a couple of jerseys for Christmas that he would not otherwise get. Some of them are very well done in terms of appearance. They'll fall apart if you wash them, but who really washes jerseys anyway??
Here is a tip...

If you have a seam ripper, you can remove the ugly tag that is stitched to the outside of all premier jerseys. It takes about 5 minutes to do, and makes your premier immediately look more like an authentic.

I did that to a few of my premiers and it looks so much better than that stupid huge tag right on the front.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:55 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

I hate buying fakes, I had 2 fakes, now just one. I didn't know they were fakes when I bought them though. Was years ago when I didn't know much about the jerseys, now I'll wear a Premier or Edge. I don't mind either, unless the Premier is of the lower quality Premiers.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:07 PM
petejudge

Hey Nevesis, how is arena wear in terms of pricing? I got this jersey from a shop in Canada and while I'm pretty much completely satisfied with it, I wanted to get that small NHL patch next to the CCM to have it as close to authentic as possible. My only other problem is that rather than using an original CCM from the time this shop used one of those CCM "vintage collection" jerseys, which is fine but not exactly what I wanted. Guess I can't complain.

Anyway here's a quick picture, I'm not missing anything egregious on here right? I'm not really a perfectionist per se, but definitely would like to have something I spent so much money on be pretty close to perfect.

edit: i guess the crappy picture doesn't help for anyone inspecting, my camera is awful!

Old
03-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Martin2D

The 550 is a much better replica then the correct era CCM. Good luck finding the correct NHL shield. I would just leave it as the Cup patch is most likely a poor replica anyway. Just buy a used authentic from ebay next time.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:18 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin2D View Post
The 550 is a much better replica then the correct era CCM. Good luck finding the correct NHL shield. I would just leave it as the Cup patch is most likely a poor replica anyway. Just buy a used authentic from ebay next time.
CCM 550 jerseys are GOLD!!

Old
03-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Dangleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
Hey Nevesis, how is arena wear in terms of pricing? I got this jersey from a shop in Canada and while I'm pretty much completely satisfied with it, I wanted to get that small NHL patch next to the CCM to have it as close to authentic as possible. My only other problem is that rather than using an original CCM from the time this shop used one of those CCM "vintage collection" jerseys, which is fine but not exactly what I wanted. Guess I can't complain.

Anyway here's a quick picture, I'm not missing anything egregious on here right? I'm not really a perfectionist per se, but definitely would like to have something I spent so much money on be pretty close to perfect.

edit: i guess the crappy picture doesn't help for anyone inspecting, my camera is awful!

Where did you even find a blank like that? They still make those?

Old
03-06-2013, 01:33 PM
nevesis

Quote:

Arena Wear is cheaper than Cosby's. However, Arena Wear doesn't do the 90's style lettering. They only have the new fonts. That is why for my jersey (see previous page) I am providing them with the custom 90's style thinner font.

They charge $75 for the lettering.

That jersey is not an authentic CCM mesh from the 90's. It is a replica CCM put out as their 'vintage collection' Doesn't have fight strap, double shoulders/elbows, or stitched CCM/NHL logo.

I ordered a Richter version of this jersey from the same people you got your Graves from and returned it immediately. The font is WAY off, and I realized how bad it was compared to the authentics so I returned it immediately.

Your best bet is to look for a CCM mesh jersey from the 90's era. I just picked one up from someone who had a blank on the icejerseys.com forums.

However, I have seen them up on ebay recently. Its recommended NOT to buy one that has been customized already. When you strip it, the letters usually leave color behind, and its hard to get the stains out.

All in all, if you were to find a blank, and wanted a Graves 9 94' era jersey, take it to Cosby's and have them do the 90's style thinner font.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:38 PM
SERE 24
LGR

I am in need of a really specific jersey if anyone has one they'd be willing to part with. I really need a size 50 Canadian authentic edge 1.0 (7187A) home blue or heritage jersey with the Reebok vector logo, in very good shape, blank or customized with any player, including Drury/Gomez/etc. Player does not matter, but it has to be a size 50 1.0 in very good condition (or better).

Old
03-06-2013, 01:42 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I am in need of a really specific jersey if anyone has one they'd be willing to part with. I really need a size 50 Canadian authentic edge 1.0 (7187A) home blue or heritage jersey with the Reebok vector logo, in very good shape, blank or customized with any player, including Drury/Gomez/etc. Player does not matter, but it has to be a size 50 1.0 in very good condition (or better).
Try the guys over at the icejerseys.com forums. They know EVERYTHING.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:54 PM
petejudge

Like I said, I'm not crazy about being completely authentic and I was pretty disappointed with it being the CCM replica instead of the mesh CCM's from the 90s. I sort of figured it was a lost cause (and too much work) to do what you're doing as far as finding the blank, customizing the lettering, etc. I've had the jersey for a few months now so it's a bit late to return unfortunately. Thanks for the comments though, I know what to look for next time.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Cliffy1814

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Here is a tip...

If you have a seam ripper, you can remove the ugly tag that is stitched to the outside of all premier jerseys. It takes about 5 minutes to do, and makes your premier immediately look more like an authentic.

I did that to a few of my premiers and it looks so much better than that stupid huge tag right on the front.
Thanks. I never thought of the tag.
I have an old Avery heritage that I was going to attempt to strip this weekend using a seam ripper anyway, so I'll start with the tag in front and if it works I will use on the two other Premiers I have (Staal and Hags).

One thread at a time and go slow? Any other tips? Do you just randomly pick an area to start or can you find the initial entry stitch if you study it?

Old
03-06-2013, 02:03 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1814 View Post
Thanks. I never thought of the tag.
I have an old Avery heritage that I was going to attempt to strip this weekend using a seam ripper anyway, so I'll start with the tag in front and if it works I will use on the two other Premiers I have (Staal and Hags).

One thread at a time and go slow? Any other tips? Do you just randomly pick an area to start or can you find the initial entry stitch if you study it?
Do it from the outside of the jersey, this is where you see the thread anyway, Just pick up and pull, pick up and pull, as you do it the tag easily comes right off. Took about 10 minutes the first time I did it and I have zero skills as seamstress/sewing person...

Old
03-06-2013, 02:10 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Like I said, I'm not crazy about being completely authentic and I was pretty disappointed with it being the CCM replica instead of the mesh CCM's from the 90s. I sort of figured it was a lost cause (and too much work) to do what you're doing as far as finding the blank, customizing the lettering, etc. I've had the jersey for a few months now so it's a bit late to return unfortunately. Thanks for the comments though, I know what to look for next time.
Here is a nice authentic 90's era CCM Mesh away jersey...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-New-...item2328bfc9c9

Old
03-06-2013, 04:00 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

I always marvel at the depth of knowledge that some of you guys have about jerseys.... You're like gear-heads, but instead of talking about cars & rebuilding engines, you discuss jerseys details and parameters....

Old
03-07-2013, 08:36 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I always marvel at the depth of knowledge that some of you guys have about jerseys.... You're like gear-heads, but instead of talking about cars & rebuilding engines, you discuss jerseys details and parameters....

I love hockey jerseys and they are the only ones I collect or have. Huge fan of the game, team etc.
Thinking about buying one of those pro player or starter liberties. Not sure if I want to wait for an authentic white to surface.

Old
03-07-2013, 08:54 AM
cjc5103

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Here is a tip...

I'm not a huge jersey enthusiast so I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about.

Which means you should make a youtube video or link to a guide

Okay, I'm getting my hopes up...

Closed Thread