HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds, Tootoo agree in principle to 2-year deal

Old
07-17-2006, 02:57 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Preds, Tootoo agree in principle to 2-year deal

Quote:
From the Tennessean:

NHL player agent Craig Oster said today the two sides have agreed to a two-year deal, pending completion of some paperwork. Tootoo had been a restricted free agent.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....D=200660717003

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 06:45 AM
handtrick

Apparently Tootoo does have to clear waivers this year, which most of us suspected, but was reported in error in the Tennessean previously.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....607180368/1028

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 08:05 AM
handtrick

Anybody know for sure if Upshall would have to clear waivers this year?

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 08:40 AM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
Upshall has played around 40 less NHL games then Tootoo but I don't know what affect that has on waivers.

hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 09:22 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

#'s for the contract are (1st) 500,000 & (2nd) 700,000

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 10:09 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
That's a low cap hit. I was worried that he'd make more. NHLPA.com had him making $800k last year.

I'm showing us at $28-$29 million with 5 players to sign (Hamhuis, Hartnell, Hall, Erat, and Legwand). That'd put us right at 23 players (14 forwards, 7 defenseman, and 2 goalies) which is what Poile will carry, right?

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 02:15 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
Uppie should still be exempt this season. He signed when he was 19, last year was his first with 11 or more games and he's still within five years of his initial contract. Somebody needs to make a very simple excel spreadsheet to give a definitive yes or no to these waiver eligibility questions.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 01:39 PM
AdmiralPred

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Uppie should still be exempt this season. He signed when he was 19, last year was his first with 11 or more games and he's still within five years of his initial contract. Somebody needs to make a very simple excel spreadsheet to give a definitive yes or no to these waiver eligibility questions.
Actually per Article 13 of the CBA if Upshall signed at 19 his window would then be 4 years, rather than the 5 had he signed at 18. In terms of games played, I think you are correct.

Anyway this has been a topic recently on an Ads board about Tootoo's and Upshall's waiver status. A Milwaukee Admirals offseason mailer has Tootoo free from waivers and a beat writer in the Nashville daily mentioned contradicting statements regarding Tootoo in two articles last week.

Based on the look I took at Article 13 of the new CBA (which doesn't really differ much from the old CBA - in terms of waiver eligibility) I would think Upshall is deffinately clear this season, not that it matters, I wouldn't expect to see him in Milwaukee anymore.

As to Tootoo, I am not sure when he signed his pro contract. In 03-04 he played in 70 games and was 20 at the start of the season. A 20 year-old may be eligible for waivers after 80 regular season and playoff NHL games or 160 depending on when they signed their pro contract. Tootoo has played in 112 NHL games to date so he may have to clear and its possible he may not. However, including the lockout season, he's played three seasons of pro hockey, so I am of the Tootoo must clear camp.

Anyone else care to chime in?

AdmiralPred is offline   Reply With Quote