HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The ALL encompassing Rumors & Speculation Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 12:57 PM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I know it's a big thing to give up, but the idea of Couts + Coburn for Shatty + Oshie might be fair. It was mentioned in the trade section.
Were I in the St. Louis FO, I'd be looking for more than that.

Couturier < Oshie
Coburn <<< Shattenkirk

Old
03-06-2013, 01:07 PM
YuioIklo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
According to the folks I talk to, the Flyers will be sellers at the trade deadline. Holmgren has sent out his list of untouchables and it's rather small. Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Couturier, B.Schenn, L.Schenn and Grossmann are the only untouchables at this point. Everything else is in play, including their first round pick. I haven't heard anything else with regards to rumours or the like, but now that the Flyers have submitted their untouchables, I expect the rumor mill to be in full swing.
I'm fine with this if true, but I'd add Read to the untouchables. At 900k, he's gold.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:08 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Because we're looking for young players and prospects on the verge of making the NHL.

We're not looking to draft a defenseman that's 5-6 years out.
then why did we draft Gostisbehere

Old
03-06-2013, 01:09 PM
3Fs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
I'm fine with this if true, but I'd add Read to the untouchables. At 900k, he's gold.
I agree about Read, would like him to be on list too.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:11 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Fs View Post
I agree about Read, would like him to be on list too.
He might not be on the list but I don't see us moving him unless another team blows us away with an offer. I think the same for Hartnell.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:14 PM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Just because some players on on that list, doesn't mean Homer is just going to give them away

Old
03-06-2013, 01:14 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
then why did we draft Gostisbehere
What else are you going to use a 3rd round pick on?

It's not like he was a 1st round pick. 1st rounders have significant value externally.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:22 PM
BernieParent

If I ran the zoo, there would be one name on the untouchables list: Giroux. Hartnell would be close, but every other player on this team could be moved for improvement. That doesn't mean trading for the sake of trading or setting out to tear up the team and start again. If, for example, Voracek + 1st = Ryan, I make that trade. If Couturier + Coburn = Weber (in July), I make that trade. I wouldn't sell the farm (so to speak) for big names, but some creative packaging could enhance this line-up significantly.

I would start with Brière, of course, after convincing him to waive his NMC.

I'm not as phobic as some about 1st round picks. This team needs quality and quantity in the minor-league system. Restricting moves to an arbitrary 2–4-year window is short-sighted. Sure, a player like Gormley would be ideal to grow with the young players already on the Flyers, but the farm club needs some lifeblood, too, and there's no way of telling if good-great prospects who are 4-6 years away might be packaged for a player who would fit a "one player away from the Cup" need in 2-3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo
There's little need to move Read, but if he could be converted to an equivalently valuable, low-cost defenseman, I'd do it.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:25 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Just because some players on on that list, doesn't mean Homer is just going to give them away
Excellent point. It's obvious but one we should remind ourselves of. Then again, our GM has the ability to make things interesting, along the spectrum from "Wow! What a gutsy move! I can't wait to see him in the line-up!" to "What the **** were you THINKING?!!???"

Old
03-06-2013, 01:33 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
What else are you going to use a 3rd round pick on?

It's not like he was a 1st round pick. 1st rounders have significant value externally.
A center obviously.
We should be drafting defenseman. The cupboard is bare with defensive prospects beyond Ghost.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:04 PM
fauxflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
If I ran the zoo, there would be one name on the untouchables list: Giroux. Hartnell would be close, but every other player on this team could be moved for improvement. That doesn't mean trading for the sake of trading or setting out to tear up the team and start again. If, for example, Voracek + 1st = Ryan, I make that trade. If Couturier + Coburn = Weber (in July), I make that trade. I wouldn't sell the farm (so to speak) for big names, but some creative packaging could enhance this line-up significantly. ....
Wha-wha-whaaaat?! You can't be SIRIUS. No Franking Way.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:23 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
If, for example, Voracek + 1st = Ryan, I make that trade.
Wow. No. A thousand times no. You don't add to Voracek, no way, no how. That would be an awful trade for the Flyers. Yes Ryan is a hometown kid, yes he's a good player, but Voracek is 2.5 years younger, has a better contract, a better cap hit, and he's already got excellent chemistry w/ the one untouchable you listed (Giroux). No way I'm trading him + 1st for Ryan.

Quote:
If Couturier + Coburn = Weber (in July), I make that trade.
lol, who doesn't make that trade? Oh, that's right, Nashville.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:25 PM
SuchySays

it's a dangerous time to be a Flyers fan.

team sounds like it's about to be decimated with bad trades

Old
03-06-2013, 02:27 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxflex View Post

Wha-wha-whaaaat?! You can't be SIRIUS. No Franking Way.
Yeah I am not so sure I would do that. Before this season I probably would have agreed with that, but Voracek has looked absolutely dynamite this season. Bobby Ryan has not been putting up crazy numbers this year, but I think the value of Voracek and Ryan is relatively close. Ryan still holds more value (if we are talking strictly playing ability and not contract length/cap hit) IMO, but I don't think I would do Voracek and a first for him.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:34 PM
FLYERSFAN18

If we want Ryan we should just wait until he is a free agents unless it is a trade heavily in our favor

Old
03-06-2013, 02:48 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchySays View Post
it's a dangerous time to be a Flyers fan.

team sounds like it's about to be decimated with bad trades
I wouldn't say that Homer usually gets good value when he dumps off players. Now when he's a buyer it might be a different story at times.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Psuhockey

I think Holmgren has done well as a seller. We have only seen it his interim year and with the Richards/Carter trades, but he does get great value. Salary dumps and the Eminger trade are pretty much his only trade blemishes.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:06 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
I think Holmgren has done well as a seller. We have only seen it his interim year and with the Richards/Carter trades, but he does get great value. Salary dumps and the Eminger trade are pretty much his only trade blemishes.
To me, the Upshall + 2nd for Carcillo trade was also straight up ridiculous. You really had to add a 2nd to trade Upshall?

Old
03-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
According to the folks I talk to, the Flyers will be sellers at the trade deadline. Holmgren has sent out his list of untouchables and it's rather small. Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Couturier, B.Schenn, L.Schenn and Grossmann are the only untouchables at this point. Everything else is in play, including their first round pick. I haven't heard anything else with regards to rumours or the like, but now that the Flyers have submitted their untouchables, I expect the rumor mill to be in full swing.
I hope they hold onto that 1st rd pick until after the lottery.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:08 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
To me, the Upshall + 2nd for Carcillo trade was also straight up ridiculous. You really had to add a 2nd to trade Upshall?
Oh man, brought up Upshall. Haters are going to flood this post.

That being said, the trade happened because of the cap mismanagement. In order to keep Giroux up with Briere, he needed to trade someone and had to throw a 2nd in because he was desperate.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:09 PM
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
If Coburn and Briere really are on the short list of people trying to be traded, then how about something like Coburn, Gus and Boosh for Cole + Allen. Then do Briere for Rundblad.

When healthy:

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Schenn-Simmonds
Gagne-Couturier-McGinn
Talbot-Feds-Rinaldo

Timonen-Schenn
Grossmann-Cole
Mez-Rundblad
Gervais

Bryz
Allen

Also, as a side question, there will be the ability to do amnesty this coming off-season and then the off-season next year right (after the 2013-14 season)? Asking because it would give us time to determine if we really want to keep Bryz or not after this year or the year after.
You really think the Blues would trade Allen? I figured he would be their backup. I think he would fetch more than that too. Allen would be nice to have, really nice. What other young backups could be had for relatively cheap? Bishop? Bernier??

Old
Psuhockey

Quote:
Salary dump to get Giroux in the lineup. I agree terrible trade with that 2nd pick involved.

Old
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
That was bad trade. It's hard to argue that.

If look you at his trades recently when he was a seller, he got some pretty good value in them.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:10 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Oh man, brought up Upshall. Haters are going to flood this post.

That being said, the trade happened because of the cap mismanagement. In order to keep Giroux up with Briere, he needed to trade someone and had to throw a 2nd in because he was desperate.
I understand the circumstance but I guess I just have a hard time believing the 2nd was an absolute necessity. I'm sure he explored all avenues, but I really don't think, from what I've seen, that Holmgren values 2nd round picks.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:10 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn Bros Pizza View Post
You really think the Blues would trade Allen? I figured he would be their backup. I think he would fetch more than that too.
Coburn has more value than Cole, and so, taking the extra value over Cole, plus Gus and Boosh, it should help up to Allen. Maybe throw in a 3rd or a 4th to sweeten the deal.

Closed Thread