HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 11.0 - Great flashes and growing pains edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-04-2013, 12:06 PM
  #76
jlawrence
Registered User
 
jlawrence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
He hasn't look great the last couple of games, but he hasn't looked bad either. Pretty hard to do anything when you're on the 4th line with White and Armstrong.

He did make a sweet move last night though, going wide putting it between the legs and then driving the net. I was like the whole time.
Do you know where I can find a video of the move?

jlawrence is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:07 PM
  #77
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,071
vCash: 500
He has exceeded all expectations so far for me, he's entitled to a few off games.

Et le But is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:49 PM
  #78
rockjngo
Registered User
 
rockjngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,413
vCash: 500
I think the team is careful with Galchenyuk. They don't want to rush the kid, he's 18-19 and in the market like Montreal, its much tougher. Look what happened to Sergei Kostitsyn. When Galchenyuk is 22, he'll be ready to lead this team just like Carey Price. But as of right now we must surround Galchenyuk and Gallagher with veterans.

Upside for Galchenyuk is #1 center.

rockjngo is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:50 PM
  #79
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,290
vCash: 500
In the last 2-3 games, our forwards have played quite well. Am I the only one who think that Galchenyuk has been relatively one of the worst recently ? Maybe White or Armstrong have been on the same level lately.

zzoo is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 01:07 PM
  #80
gillings
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
In the last 2-3 games, our forwards have played quite well. Am I the only one who think that Galchenyuk has been relatively one of the worst recently ? Maybe White or Armstrong have been on the same level lately.

No, He's young.. Last night I saw him with everyone except gally-pac-dd and he is versatile.

But his best was when he was with gio and ryder... Those cross ice passes this kid makes are unbelieavble.. I watched him in sarnia and he has one of the best passes ive ever seen.

gillings is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 12:26 AM
  #81
Nicko999
Registered User
 
Nicko999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,373
vCash: 50
One heck of a pass on Plekanec goal.

Congrats on assist #10.

He is now ahead of Yakupov once again.

Nicko999 is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 01:09 PM
  #82
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
i think the team is careful with galchenyuk. They don't want to rush the kid, he's 18-19 and in the market like montreal, its much tougher. Look what happened to sergei kostitsyn. When galchenyuk is 22, he'll be ready to lead this team just like carey price. But as of right now we must surround galchenyuk and gallagher with veterans.

Upside for galchenyuk is #1 center.
and next year

onemorecup* is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 01:56 PM
  #83
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
One heck of a pass on Plekanec goal.

Congrats on assist #10.

He is now ahead of Yakupov once again.

Yep, really happy they picked Chucky over Yakupov (not that they had a choice)

Mrb1p is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:45 PM
  #84
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,526
vCash: 500
I said this in the GDT last night, but I swear Galchenyuk could have at least 5 more assists this season if people would just bury his perfect passes..mainly Prust.

__________________
Interested in checking out 50+ years worth of covers from "The Hockey News?" Check out my collection here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1382901
Habsfan18 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:48 PM
  #85
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Would be nice to see a Habs rookie at least nominated for the Calder, been a long time.
Micheal Ryder

Where is that guy now?

habtastic is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:12 PM
  #86
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,493
vCash: 500
looked faster and stronger than usual last night.

I think we're about to see a modest breakout in production.

Mark this post!

coolasprICE is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:22 PM
  #87
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I said this in the GDT last night, but I swear Galchenyuk could have at least 5 more assists this season if people would just bury his perfect passes..mainly Prust.
To be fair, can't we say this about most players in the NHL?

Kriss E is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:39 PM
  #88
Nicko999
Registered User
 
Nicko999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,373
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
To be fair, can't we say this about most players in the NHL?
True. If Pacioretty was able to score on the empty nets he had, he would be battling with Stamkos for the Rocket Richard lol

Nicko999 is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:42 PM
  #89
cphabs
It complels you!
 
cphabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: WNY
Country: United States
Posts: 784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
I think the team is careful with Galchenyuk. They don't want to rush the kid, he's 18-19 and in the market like Montreal, its much tougher. Look what happened to Sergei Kostitsyn. When Galchenyuk is 22, he'll be ready to lead this team just like Carey Price. But as of right now we must surround Galchenyuk and Gallagher with veterans.

Upside for Galchenyuk is #1 center.
That is his downside my friend. I do agree, although, that I would like his balls to drop sooner than later. They should be teaching him how to use his size over his already alarming skill set. No expert, just a fan.

cphabs is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:42 PM
  #90
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
To be fair, can't we say this about most players in the NHL?
Well, I suppose. But the point I was trying to make is that it seems like at least once every game or two, there's a point in the game where Alex seems to find someone wide open near the net with a perfect pass, and they can't finish his play.

Habsfan18 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 06:39 PM
  #91
cphabs
It complels you!
 
cphabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: WNY
Country: United States
Posts: 784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
To be fair, can't we say this about most players in the NHL?
That is a poor generalization. Most fans and players seem to be shocked by the "situations" he is able to pass accurately in, let alone get himself into... with the puck. Remember he's 19. I would not question it, if someone suggested that he, himself, is "shocked by the situations" he is able to pass accurately in, let alone get himself into... with the puck".

Let the kid take his lumps. And, he took some last game L M A O! He would absolutely destroy the AHL if allowed to play there. Just my .02

cphabs is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:01 PM
  #92
LaurentHabs
Wat.
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,276
vCash: 500
I just found out that Chuckie's ugly pre-game jacket is his pre-game ritual. It was his Dad's CCM Coat. He wears it before every single game

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:11 PM
  #93
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 22,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I said this in the GDT last night, but I swear Galchenyuk could have at least 5 more assists this season if people would just bury his perfect passes..mainly Prust.
I actually think Prust had more chemsitry with him than Ryder.

Kimota is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:22 PM
  #94
Nicko999
Registered User
 
Nicko999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,373
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs View Post
That is a poor generalization. Most fans and players seem to be shocked by the "situations" he is able to pass accurately in, let alone get himself into... with the puck. Remember he's 19. I would not question it, if someone suggested that he, himself, is "shocked by the situations" he is able to pass accurately in, let alone get himself into... with the puck".

Let the kid take his lumps. And, he took some last game L M A O! He would absolutely destroy the AHL if allowed to play there. Just my .02
Haha, Plekanec goal was an example... I personally did not know what has happened until I saw the replay.

The ability to make that pass instantly with that precision is truly amazing.

Nicko999 is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:23 PM
  #95
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I said this in the GDT last night, but I swear Galchenyuk could have at least 5 more assists this season if people would just bury his perfect passes..mainly Prust.
he is going to be a star and maybe as fast as next season , our first legit #1 center since Damphousee

at some point he centers Max to form our top line

onemorecup* is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:25 PM
  #96
Milhouse40
Registered User
 
Milhouse40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Well, I suppose. But the point I was trying to make is that it seems like at least once every game or two, there's a point in the game where Alex seems to find someone wide open near the net with a perfect pass, and they can't finish his play.
Totally agree!
Can't wait to see this kid with major PP Time....

Milhouse40 is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:54 AM
  #97
FrankMTL
Registered User
 
FrankMTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,800
vCash: 500
I dodn't have the chance to watch yesterday's game, how did the kid play? His line seemed to play well with Prust and Eller picking up 3 points while Galchenyuk didn't get any..

FrankMTL is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:56 AM
  #98
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,674
vCash: 567
It was one of his good game yesterday

ClasslessGuy is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:56 AM
  #99
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,684
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
I dodn't have the chance to watch yesterday's game, how did the kid play? His line seemed to play well with Prust and Eller picking up 3 points while Galchenyuk didn't get any..
He played quite well, he fully deserved at least a point. Was very active all over the ice.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:59 AM
  #100
FrankMTL
Registered User
 
FrankMTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,800
vCash: 500
Good to know...Thanks guys.

It's tough for an 18-19 year old to be consistent in this league. He'll learn to be over time. He also needs to fill out that frame so he becomes even harder to know off the puck. He'll be a force when he learns the NHL game and become physically mature.

FrankMTL is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.