HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

B's @ Caps, 3/5/2013 @ 7:00 PM at the Phone Booth

Old
03-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Millhaus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Remembering hearing last night Fehr saying what good chemistry he and Nicky have going right now. Don't hold your breath on 16 and 19 getting split up just yet.
Yeah but Ribeiro had great chemistry with Ward early in the season and Oates broke them up and then Ribeiro had great chemistry with Fehr and Oates broke them up also I'm not sure how much importance Oates places on chemistry.

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:20 PM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Remembering hearing last night Fehr saying what good chemistry he and Nicky have going right now. Don't hold your breath on 16 and 19 getting split up just yet.
I'd like to see 16, 19 and 8 together.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:38 PM
RandyHolt
Kuz My Arse Beach

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
I will be happy for:

16 9 8

Fehr showed me a lot at LW back when Bruce ran 3 scoring lines. He has a great one timer and Ribs loves him some RH shots.

But we have that looming unpleasantness, Ribs lame duck faceoff numbers. Lets get Fehr more reps taking faceoffs perhaps.

It sure seems Laich is the natural fit for Ribs LW....

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:58 PM
tycoonheart

Did anyone remotely think it would be possible for Fehr to step up and take Semin's spot? Especially since he was scratched the first few games. Dude's been a beast for us. Hope he keeps it up.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:09 PM
RandyHolt
Kuz My Arse Beach

Wolski had my vote to take over Semin's production

I blame Gary Roberts.

I would say Fehr is coming into his own, only, I suspect it may be because his shoulder is better this year than in previous stays. He was very productive here in Fehr I.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:12 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Not sure if anyone caught Wolski on NHL Tonight, but you couldn't help feel happy for the guy getting a goal. He was distraught and desperate as a player based on his clear and genuine relief in the interview.

6 - Number of playoff series the Capitals have won since George McPhee took over as General Manager in 1997 (which makes him the third-longest-tenured GM in the League), three of which came in McPhee's first season on the job.
CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:13 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Wolski had my vote to take over Semin's production

I blame Gary Roberts.

I would say Fehr is coming into his own, only, I suspect it may be because his shoulder is better this year than in previous stays. He was very productive here in Fehr I.
Agree completely. His bum shoulders didn't allow him to fight much on the boards.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:19 PM
RandyHolt
Kuz My Arse Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Agree completely. His bum shoulders didn't allow him to fight much on the boards.
Maybe he should be credited in his first term for being as productive as he was in limited TOI, PP chances etc, and, having to avoid presumably a lot of physical contact.

Flash showed him the way

Old
03-06-2013, 03:40 PM
WetHog

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
I agree, and Fehr deserves to be on a line like that the way he has been playing the last couple of weeks. Really happy for the guy.

WetHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 04:30 PM
Monsterrain

Quote:
I agree, and Fehr deserves to be on a line like that the way he has been playing the last couple of weeks. Really happy for the guy.
Wouldnt mind seeing that for a game or two. But i kind of like nick on that 2nd line and being under the radar. At the end of the game u notice he had 2 assists and didnt even notice it during the game.

Monsterrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 04:44 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Did anyone remotely think it would be possible for Fehr to step up and take Semin's spot? Especially since he was scratched the first few games. Dude's been a beast for us. Hope he keeps it up.
I didn't think he could take Semin's spot, but I was hoping for the player we're seeing now. I liked him as a prospect and player, just hated the blasted injuries. He looks like he has bulked up and playing like the guy he was drafted to be. Additionally, I think he is trying to stay in the NHL and prove he wants to play. I hope he continues his success this year and would like him resigned to a reasonable contract. As a anti-GMGM person, I give kudos for giving the guy another chance.

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 06:43 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IafrateOvie34 View Post
I didn't think he could take Semin's spot, but I was hoping for the player we're seeing now. I liked him as a prospect and player, just hated the blasted injuries. He looks like he has bulked up and playing like the guy he was drafted to be. Additionally, I think he is trying to stay in the NHL and prove he wants to play. I hope he continues his success this year and would like him resigned to a reasonable contract. As a anti-GMGM person, I give kudos for giving the guy another chance.
all of this. never understood why BB didn't give him more ice. hoped and believed he could be what he was drafted to be. really happy to see it -- better late than never and better for us than the Peg.

californiacapsfan is online now   Reply With Quote