HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Thread (5/2: Staal/Boyle skate with scratches, Clowe doing off-ice work)

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 02:22 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

vCash: 500
From Pat Leonard
Quote:
The most recent update on Marc Staal’s condition comes from a story on NHL.com by Dan Rosen in which Staal’s brother, Eric, the Carolina Hurricanes captain, says: “They’re just waiting for the swelling to go down” in the area around Marc’s eye before making further determination on the extent of the injury.

Eric told Rosen that he spoke to Marc on Wednesday morning and “he sounded like he was in OK spirits, but we don’t know a lot right now. Obviously we’re saying prayers and hoping he dodged a bullet as far as being struck in that area. We’ll know more with some more time.”

Old
03-06-2013, 02:24 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
He didn't say that.
"It's scary to see" "it made me sick to my stomach" etc. Sorry I didn't quote him word for word. That principle still remains. We went through this same ******** protocol with his concussion and its unfair to the fanbase

Old
03-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
"It's scary to see" "it made me sick to my stomach" etc. Sorry I didn't quote him word for word. That principle still remains. We went through this same ******** protocol with his concussion and its unfair to the fanbase
I was thinking about this last night. And my initial reaction was that it was unfair because of how invested many fans are in the team and the well being of the players. Its natural to want to know the reality of the situation, in any scenario. However, then I started thinking about how many things in the world are "in the know". We are left in the dark on so many day-to-day things, its a way of life. As entitled as I feel to know the extent of someones injury the organization is entitled to their privacy. It's just the nature of the business. I think its just something everyone needs to accept, injuries are not often discussed and thats just how its going to be. Nothing you or I can do about it so there is no use in voicing such angry sentiments about it and agitating yourself.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:39 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
I was thinking about this last night. And my initial reaction was that it was unfair because of how invested many fans are in the team and the well being of the players. Its natural to want to know the reality of the situation, in any scenario. However, then I started thinking about how many things in the world are "in the know". We are left in the dark on so many day-to-day things, its a way of life. As entitled as I feel to know the extent of someones injury the organization is entitled to their privacy. It's just the nature of the business. I think its just something everyone needs to accept, injuries are not often discussed and thats just how its going to be. Nothing you or I can do about it so there is no use in voicing such angry sentiments about it and agitating yourself.
And I would completely agree if every other team did the same. I'd have no complaints if it was a league-wide formality. It's not.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:42 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
And I would completely agree if every other team did the same. I'd have no complaints if it was a league-wide formality. It's not.
You do have a point, but at the same time, again, there is nothing you or I can do about it. It may or may not be a ******** policy but its how they operate. No sense in working yourself up for something that is not in your control. At least thats how I look at it.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:57 PM
Riverdale

Being left in the dark about certain injuries, while annoying, is tolerable. Something of this magnitude, it would be nice to hear at the VERY least an "oh.. well he is doing ok but will probably be out for X amount of weeks/months". I don't know. Doesn't seem like that's too much to ask for.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Zuuuuc

I'm really hoping Staal is ok. I was in a full panic when I saw how much pain he was in on the ice but hearing reports that he didn't go to the hospital, I'll take that as a positive. I'm hoping he's back on the ice sooner rather than later, but sporting a visor

Old
03-06-2013, 03:26 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Oh man could Ryan throw bombs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Wolf View Post
Just ask Ryan Vandenbussche.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Blazephr

Who is Nick Kypreos. Amazing. Every Ranger fan young and old should of at least watched the '94 cup run on DVD or something. Or at least read about it.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
Who is Nick Kypreos. Amazing. Every Ranger fan young and old should of at least watched the '94 cup run on DVD or something. Or at least read about it.
I've watched it on the NHL network and don't particularly remember seeing him or hearing his name.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post

U meen kidz tuday kan reed?

Old
03-06-2013, 04:30 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Being a young fan myself (7 when we won) I find it pretty amazing people here don't know who he is.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:37 PM
WeWillWinTonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Being a young fan myself (7 when we won) I find it pretty amazing people here don't know who he is.
And have thousands of posts.

Staal will be okay I have a good feeling about this trying to stay positive.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Nikita4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
LOL @ "is he credible?" This place is hilarious sometimes.
you just can't make this stuff up sometimes.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Kershaw

Jeez I even know who Nick Kypreos is and I wasn't even alive for 94....

Old
03-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

I know who Nick Kypreos is, but mostly for his biased "reporting" during the lockout.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:50 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Team View Post
I wasn't watching the team in 1994, so I don't know him.

Out indefinitely is a crapshoot. That just means they don't have enough info yet to put a timeline on it.
I wasn't even alive in 1994 and I could probably tell you the entire 93-94 roster offhand, scratches and all. Mainly because MSG plays 1994 Rangers stuff every day there's a game on. You learn it pretty fast after watching 1 billion 94 specials.

03-06-2013, 04:51 PM
SickNice

Need to be fair here. The fact that Nick Kypreos used to play and many people know who he is (least on this board) doesn't mean the guy asking about his credibility is an idiot. It's a legit question in general, and especially with Kypreos.

This is a guy who accidently tweeted his frustrations when no other TSN analysts could confirm trade rumors he was hearing. This is a guy who got intoa shouting match with Doug MacLean on live radio about how to treat / evaluate 3/4 line players. This is a guy who falsely spread rumors that the health of Bruins' players druing the playoffs. This is a guy who falsely tweeted rumors that owners were calling players during the lockout due to an imminent end coming.

Fact is, I don't view Kypreos as a credible source. I'm happy his "news" is positive as it relates to Staal, but aside from that it's garbage. Just my two cents.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:56 PM
RUSF18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Wolf View Post
Just ask Ryan Vandenbussche.
I was at that preseason game, and it being a preseason game, had awesome seats so that punch happened right in front of me. Really thought he could have been dead.

Old
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
The sooner you realize you're not entitled to a damn thing, the better off youll be.

Old
Hugo Sham

just wanted to send my prayers and hope Marc recovers and gets back into game action for you guys. Terrific hockey player. Blessings for his recovery

Old
03-06-2013, 04:58 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
LOL @ "is he credible?" This place is hilarious sometimes.
I know who he is, but I've heard him spout rumors that aren't true rather often.

I was 4 when the Rangers won the cup but i've watched there Stanley Cup run VHS about 3000 times.

People make so many assumptions from guys like this, even trautwig.

Until i hear definitives from either the team or someone like Gross/Zipay/Brooks and i don't mean speculation by them, I'll hold judgement.

Kyper is probably just saying stuff to keep people enticed, knowing that Staalsy is a hot topic right now.

Old
03-06-2013, 05:15 PM
SnowblindNYR

You people talking about not being alive in 94 are going to drive me to drink!

Old
03-06-2013, 05:21 PM
16 To Stanley*

I really don't blame people who are young for not knowing him either. He only played 3 games in those 93-94 playoffs. People are making it seem like he was Kovalev or something.

I'd put him right up there with Eddie O.

Old
03-06-2013, 05:23 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

I was born 1 month and 2 days after they won the cup

Closed Thread