HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal-Chicago and Montreal-LA

Old
03-06-2013, 01:12 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
I mean you should don't care about your team needs, if you can trade some 4th liner guys for a number 1 center you shut your mouth and you do it. DD is only paid 1m, he probably have the best ratio points/money in the league.

You can always trade him after.
First off hes not a number one center in the nhl he is talented but hes not going to carry a team like a number one center should. Next off Nolan is according to most of our fan base the best 4th liner in the nhl and fits the way the kings play to a tee. Therefore not replaceable to alot of them. If u think Greene is just a 3rd pairing defenseman your really underestimating him. He would easliy be 2nd line on most teams and 1st on a few depending how you set up ur defensemans. La set there defenseman with a vetern defensive defenseman with a young puckmoving defenseman. Greene is behind mitchell and suderi when everyone is healthy both are among the leagues top defenseive defenseman. As far as ur idea to just shutup and trade him i find that silly why remove two peices from a cup winning team just to turn around and trade it for the same type of people that already fit makes no sence.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:27 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
trash. leblanc is a first round pick who's battling ankle injuries - and played 40+ games for habs last year.. Kristo has a shot at the hobey baker and is potentially habs top right wing prospect. DD is arguably habs best offensive center. get a ****ing clue before posting.
just noticed this Kristo wasnt in the la offer So mellow out there

Old
03-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Winger23

Quote:
Where are the kings in the standing and where are the habs, the habs are in first place with Dd as their best foward. Richard could play winger.
Lol are you really using this years standings after just over 20 games?

This trade would be just as bad for the Kings as it would be for Montreal. As been pointed out Greene being out is one reason the Kings got off to a slow start, but have won 9 of their last 11. I would take the kings team over the 1st place Canadians any day of week.

Not bashing to Canadians they are playing well, but to use the current standings is laughable.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:50 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Seriously. Someone needs to take their own advice.
LA does NOT need centers. DD is NOT "trash". Some people need to relax on insulting other teams' actually productive and good players.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Where to start on this mess from a la point of view. Well first off cant trade greene right now due to the fact his coming off back surgery and i dont think u can trade a injuryed player. Next its no secret among kings fan im not a huge fan of nolan cause they keep moving him up to 3rd shifts when hes best on the 4th line but Hes starting to find some chemistry with clifford there and im liking him more and more on the 4th line.

Ok now onto the canadian players that u want to send back to la. I did like Kablerle like 5 years or more ago. He wouldnt make the kings right now imo I would rather play drew dewiski jake muzzin and ellerby.

this david desharnais has some talent but hes 5 7 173 seriously way to small to play in las system. The kings are a big phyiscal team. Not to mention hes a center we have our center needs for the forseeable future. Kopitar richards stoll fraser with carter lewis richardson king and nolon all waiting to play there natural postion. Not even mentioning the centers we have in the ahl also ready or close enuf to ready in the ahl.

Next Louis Leblanc who is list everywhere as a center but i was "told" he plays wing from ur fanbase in a different thread. Im assuming he plays rw being a right hand shot. Hes not beating out williams or carter for 1 or 2 rw spot. He imo might be a upgrade over king offensively but the coaching staff is in love with kings size and grit.
so to make a long story short kings say no easily
This was the perfect reply. I absolutely agree with what is stated in this replay. I like how nobody needs to get called "trash", either.

Thank you.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Sleight Of Hand
Mean Streets

Chicago fan...Yes please!!!

Sleight Of Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:12 PM
danaluvsthekings

Quote:
I mean you should don't care about your team needs, if you can trade some 4th liner guys for a number 1 center you shut your mouth and you do it. DD is only paid 1m, he probably have the best ratio points/money in the league.

You can always trade him after.
The problem with that is, you are opening holes at positions to acquire a player that the Kings currently do not need. It's not that Desharnais is a bad player, he's not what the Kings need. He's not better than Kopitar and he might not have the chemistry that Carter and Richards have together. Which would make him a 3rd line center in LA. Right now, things are working pretty well for LA, 9-2 in the last 11, one loss was a stinker in Van where they didn't play well, the other was a 3-2 loss to Chicago. They started slow but have been playing much better lately. They scored 4 goals in each of the 3rd periods the last 2 nights.

So you're suggesting that a team playing well opens up a hole on the 4th line, move another center to wing, when they've already got Carter, Lewis, King playing wing and not center, plus Richardson as a healthy scratch, and Nolan, who was suggested being traded to Montreal, also can play center. Look at the Kings roster. 9 of the 13 forwards are listed at center. There are very very few centers in the league where the Kings would look at them and say, "We need to add that guy". Mike Richards is the smallest Kings forward at 5'11. They play a big, physical game, and a 5'7" center is not going to fit their system. Jeff Carter has 15 goals playing on Richards wing and Richards is heating up right now goal wise too. They're not going to break that up.

Yes, in theory the Kings could trade for Desharnais and then turn around and trade him in the future to fill the other holes that they opened by trading for him in the first place, but logically why would a team do that? If you are Dean Lombardi and loved the way your defense rolled in the playoffs last year, with an offensive defenseman matched up with a more physical stay at home guy, plus a physical 4th line that can chip in offensively, why change it? If you know what you have works, why change it, and then need to change it again in the future for guys that might not work out for your team?

danaluvsthekings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Guilliam

While both original deals are awful for the habs, I'm intrigued by Chicago fans eagerness to get Moen back and their willingness to let Beach go. Something around those 2 players could make sense.

How good of a fighter is Beach?

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:58 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
This was the perfect reply. I absolutely agree with what is stated in this replay. I like how nobody needs to get called "trash", either.

Thank you.
your welcome i try and be polite when i say things from the kings pov but at times its hard when i feel like my team is being trashed frist not saying they have been in this but in some proprosal they have been.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:45 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
While both original deals are awful for the habs, I'm intrigued by Chicago fans eagerness to get Moen back and their willingness to let Beach go. Something around those 2 players could make sense.

not really good.

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 03:45 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
just noticed this Kristo wasnt in the la offer So mellow out there
both offers are awful as is your knowledge of habs assets

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 03:47 PM
greenstickytoes

Quote:

if Beach is a good solid hitter and fighter, i make the trade.

greenstickytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 03:53 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
what i said they had talented just wouldnt make the kings team because of there style of play not because of talent level. so please try and be adult in ur answers to people

Old
03-06-2013, 03:54 PM
JesusBouillon

Why would we trade Desharnais for that trash?

Talent >> size.

JesusBouillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
I have to disagree with you, somewhat. The guy you are replying to didn't make the OP, and explained perfectly well WHY the trade makes no sense from a Kings perspective.He was quite spot on, so to speak, in why the deal makes no sense to the Kings in terms of team needs. I do understand that the Kings could do the trade and use DD or one of their other centers to get something else they need, but the guys they would be losing are valuable to their team and not worth breaking up their chemistry over.

KingCanadian1976 wasn't being insulting, that was a different person who has, thankfully, moved on.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusBouillon View Post
Why would we trade Desharnais for that trash?

Talent >> size.
NEITHER team would make that trade for very specific reasons. None of the players involved are "trash". Talent is not always >> size, just as size is not always >>than talent.

The OP is horrible from all perspectives. Can we all leave it at that without "trashing" anyone?

Old
03-06-2013, 05:15 PM
danaluvsthekings

Quote:
I have to disagree with you, somewhat. The guy you are replying to didn't make the OP, and explained perfectly well WHY the trade makes no sense from a Kings perspective.He was quite spot on, so to speak, in why the deal makes no sense to the Kings in terms of team needs. I do understand that the Kings could do the trade and use DD or one of their other centers to get something else they need, but the guys they would be losing are valuable to their team and not worth breaking up their chemistry over.

KingCanadian1976 wasn't being insulting, that was a different person who has, thankfully, moved on.
Exactly. The proposal was the equivalent of the Kings needing a goal scoring winger (something they could use another of actually), asking for Patches, and then offering Montreal a goalie in return. Doesn't mean that the players involved in the proposal on either side are crap, just that it doesn't fit team needs. If LA were to need a center, they'd try the options they have on the roster first, before moving depth pieces to get a new center when they have 9 guys that can play center on the roster.

danaluvsthekings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 05:34 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Sure.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 05:36 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:

It's hard to tell. Unless he's got a few inches and 30 lbs on you he doesn't throw.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 06:50 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:

Ty dryden you sir are a rareity on the hf boards I can't remember ever seeing a fan from another team standing up and defending another fan from a different fan base. I also totally agree with you in the can't people talk hockey without insulting each other. This should be a adult board i really dont get the tuff guy stuff and name calling. This is the internet whats he going to do cap lock my butt :p

Old
03-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Chacal667

people underestimate Desharnais so much. but it's cool, cuz i'm sure that bergevin is intelligent enough to not trade his number 1 C, a guy who is a big part of his team succes.

It just piss me off when I see this kind of proposition, there is so many detractors against Desharnais while the guy is playing extremely well. And that only because he is a french small player. The fans are obsessed by the size.

Last edited by Chacal667: 03-06-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Chacal667

KingCanadain1976 let me just tell you something... let's say that you already have a car, if you could trade maybe a Toothbrush for a Ferrarri, you wouldnt accept because it is not a need ?

I mean if you can trade a fourth liner for a good first liner, you do it whatever your needs are.

You can always trade him after for a better return.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Chacal667

But hey, it will never happen, the guy who made the op is completely out of the track.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:59 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
KingCanadain1976 let me just tell you something... let's say that you already have a car, if you could trade maybe a Toothbrush for a Ferrarri, you wouldnt accept because it is not a need ?

I mean if you can trade a fourth liner for a good first liner, you do it whatever your needs are.

You can always trade him after for a better return.
Lol at the internet toughness of trying to "tell me something"

Bottom line is this your 5 7 guy as talented as he is wouldnt make the la kings top 6 and him beating out stoll who went 14 and 2 in the faceoff circle last night would be slim to none. Trading nolan and greene would take away from team chemistry. There is absolutly no reason to make this trade only to make more trades later. I dont understand why this isnt make sence to some montreal fans. Also again Greene is not a bottom pairing defenseman in most of the league. It seems some of you fans have a east coast bias towards a stanley cup winning team by undervalueating there peices. Remember montreal this is a stanley cup winning lineup not some lottery team. Every piece in la has value.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:19 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
people underestimate Desharnais so much. but it's cool, cuz i'm sure that bergevin is intelligent enough to not trade his number 1 C, a guy who is a big part of his team succes.

It just piss me off when I see this kind of proposition, there is so many detractors against Desharnais while the guy is playing extremely well. And that only because he is a french small player. The fans are obsessed by the size.
He is not a number 1 center sorry he will be a decent number 2 but your really over selling the kid Alex Galchenyuk is going to be your number one center in long run imo but whatever its your team and who am i to comment on it.