HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PPM Part VIII: Sponsor Offers are in for Hockey!

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2013, 02:08 PM
canucks357

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
Do or die game today, playing #16 while laying in 17th. I won it convincingly 7-3, but the timing of the goals ensured that the players exerted themselves to the maximum within the defined tactical parameters I had set. So instead of N-N-VL/4-4-4, it went N-H-H/4-4-3. Not entirely happy about that.
I needed a win today. Lost 2-1 in a shootout despite the shots being 42-14 in my favour. I can swallow the odd game like that but this has been 10 or so now that I've dropped this season where I've dominated. I. Can't. Take. It. Any. More.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:27 PM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
I needed a win today. Lost 2-1 in a shootout despite the shots being 42-14 in my favour. I can swallow the odd game like that but this has been 10 or so now that I've dropped this season where I've dominated. I. Can't. Take. It. Any. More.
Ugh, those games are the worst! I feared my game would turn out that way after the 1st period when the shots were 19-5 but the score 2-1. I've not been nearly as unlucky as you, my "worst" loss like that this season was 1-2 when winning the shots 35-23, that was in regulation though.

I also sold my backup tender. 5/6, 20y, 363/182/183, 91%/46%/93%. Got 11M for him, which went straight into construction of RF11. I've finally gotten my act together RE exibition games and have ensured that I've had a game booked at every possible date against a rival team of good OTS for maximum revenue and exp. growth. This has however increased the need of good regen facilities.

Old
02-27-2013, 05:37 PM
redcard

Balls. Corona loses in the 9th round of the penalties, and I'll miss the international cups by a hair once again. Which will also make me the only team in the top 8 of USA I.1 not to qualify. The bright side is that it will give me a good shot at the Superleague cup. I ran a camp mid season so I won't run my second one until after Sunday's first game, as long as I finish above the 9-16th seeds (except #14) in the League Cup I'll have at least some international fun, but I don't think SLC does anything for sponsorships?

Old
02-27-2013, 06:11 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
I don't think SLC does anything for sponsorships?
Nope. You can do what I did this year though. Use the fact you're not in the CWC or ChL to put more emphasis on league play and finish inside the top-4 making the ChL. My guys are low-80s energy (81 or so)... I worked the heck out of them!

Old
02-27-2013, 06:24 PM
redcard

Quote:
Nope. You can do what I did this year though. Use the fact you're not in the CWC or ChL to put more emphasis on league play and finish inside the top-4 making the ChL. My guys are low-80s energy (81 or so)... I worked the heck out of them!
Thats what I did this season, got knocked out the NC early so I had nothing but league to deal with and rode my guys harder than you did. I've got 9 players in the 70s, 5 in the 80s, and 7 in the 90-95 range. 24 different players got at least 90 minutes of playing time in league games this season. 20 halves on VH, 8 on H, 27 N, 26 L, 3 VL. I've definitely never used that much energy before.

But you are right, with the other 7 of the top 8 teams all playing extra competitive matches I might be able to crack one next season.

Old
02-27-2013, 07:07 PM
canucks357

Quote:
But you are right, with the other 7 of the top 8 teams all playing extra competitive matches I might be able to crack one next season.
You got a good club. Them balancing multiple competitions will make your team all the more stronger. You could go all-in on the NC as well. I used to think it was more risky but one-to-two unlucky losses in league play and you're out of the running too. So, hedge your bets and go all-in on both! Go for NC and if you get knocked out of that and are respectable in league play go all-in for it!

Old
02-28-2013, 02:37 PM
redcard

How long can you be in debt before you get dismissed? I sold a back-up for 25 mil, so I decided to take a loan out and start SA-14. However, I also want to make sure I have HR-13 done by the time next seasons sponsors come so I have to start it before day 19. The only way I could get that to work on my finance spreadsheet was to pay off the max loan for the SA in two weeks so I could take out another one to pay for HR-13. This will put me in debt for 6 days after the first payment and 13 days after the second payment, unless there's a bunch of unexpected cost increases which could put me under for 20 days. I'm not actually concerned about dismissal, as I can easily put back-ups on the market for fast cash, but I don't want to do it unless I have to.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:31 PM
doug5984

Send a message via AIM to doug5984
Not positive but I want to say I've been in debt for close to 6 days before

Old
02-28-2013, 04:00 PM
Emerald76

Quote:
How long can you be in debt before you get dismissed? I sold a back-up for 25 mil, so I decided to take a loan out and start SA-14. However, I also want to make sure I have HR-13 done by the time next seasons sponsors come so I have to start it before day 19. The only way I could get that to work on my finance spreadsheet was to pay off the max loan for the SA in two weeks so I could take out another one to pay for HR-13. This will put me in debt for 6 days after the first payment and 13 days after the second payment, unless there's a bunch of unexpected cost increases which could put me under for 20 days. I'm not actually concerned about dismissal, as I can easily put back-ups on the market for fast cash, but I don't want to do it unless I have to.

From the guide:-

"Finances are important but only to a certain extent. Keep a certain amount of money in reserve, but invest the rest into the stadium and facilities.
Warning! If the team is in debt for more than 21 days, you will be dismissed by the team owners. After seven days in debt, you will see a message which will alert you to the poor financial situation in the club. The club's finances are checked only during the night update."

Old
02-28-2013, 04:11 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald76 View Post
You beat me to it

Old
02-28-2013, 06:07 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald76 View Post
From the guide:-

"Finances are important but only to a certain extent. Keep a certain amount of money in reserve, but invest the rest into the stadium and facilities.
Warning! If the team is in debt for more than 21 days, you will be dismissed by the team owners. After seven days in debt, you will see a message which will alert you to the poor financial situation in the club. The club's finances are checked only during the night update."
Thanks, somehow I missed that in the guide, probably because it was right there at the top.

Old
03-02-2013, 06:58 AM
suprvilce

I have a question. I know the ratio between primary and secondary skills is supposed to be 2:1. Which of these two defenceman do you think is better:

A:

D - 400
P - 150
T - 150
A - 150

or B:

D - 300
P - 150
T - 150
A - 150

Thanks.

Old
03-02-2013, 07:54 AM
doug5984

Send a message via AIM to doug5984
Which would play better in game, I'd assume A but only marginally....someone else could answer that question better than me.

Which would I prefer to buy? A, because I could get him to 400:200 quicker than I could the other guy...

Old
03-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Obryantj

In soccer, I pulled the trigger on RF-15. That completes the Big 4 and my stadium is at max capacity. The plan now is to work on MnC (under construction ) and MdC, putting accessories in my stadium as needed and buying players. Expenses are at about 60% of my sponsorship deals now. That probably isn't what some of you want to hear, but I'd like to share what my finances look like at the beginning of next season (when I should have near-optimal sponsorship deals).

Old
03-03-2013, 10:39 AM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
I have a question. I know the ratio between primary and secondary skills is supposed to be 2:1. Which of these two defenceman do you think is better:
The first. Maybe he isn't, but I would hope he performs a bit better, too.

Quote:
Balls. Corona loses in the 9th round of the penalties, and I'll miss the international cups by a hair once again. Which will also make me the only team in the top 8 of USA I.1 not to qualify. The bright side is that it will give me a good shot at the Superleague cup. I ran a camp mid season so I won't run my second one until after Sunday's first game, as long as I finish above the 9-16th seeds (except #14) in the League Cup I'll have at least some international fun, but I don't think SLC does anything for sponsorships?
Didn't you get screwed out of an IC earlier? Back when we dropped from 4 to 2 teams? That sucks either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
In soccer, I pulled the trigger on RF-15. That completes the Big 4 and my stadium is at max capacity. The plan now is to work on MnC (under construction ) and MdC, putting accessories in my stadium as needed and buying players. Expenses are at about 60% of my sponsorship deals now. That probably isn't what some of you want to hear, but I'd like to share what my finances look like at the beginning of next season (when I should have near-optimal sponsorship deals).
That's gross. 40% profit is just too much. I was catching up on some Canadian threads and was reminded that Issax is making 90M per week. I don't understand how PPM can think this is good for the game. I'm barely even trying and I'm making too much money myself.

I'll probably start RF15 as soon as I add a CM.

-----
I was actually upset in a recent hockey match! Not that exciting, but it was something unexpected, so that was kinda cool. It looks like I'll be settling into 3rd place because of it. The top two teams aren't burning much energy while I've been playing every game on Normal. That and the OTS gap should be enough to keep me down here another season. I need that to build up the OTR. I'm currently at 321.

Old
03-03-2013, 12:43 PM
canucks357

Quote:

A:

D - 400
P - 150
T - 150
A - 150

or B:

D - 300
P - 150
T - 150
A - 150

Thanks.
Based on information at hand, even. Energy, chem and EXP would break the tie.

Old
03-03-2013, 12:45 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
Congrats my friend. 4 years of bad performances and add to that several years of no Int'l cup and my facilities and stadium have slowed. I figure I'll be there in two seasons however the lack of funds hasn't slowed the development of my youth so I should be competitive for awhile at least.

I'll likely pop my final two 4,000 TFM at the last possible moment to get the most ticket revenue from the ChL games (800k/day more). Once I have 90M saved I'll spend the rest on RF and HR.

Old
03-03-2013, 01:23 PM
canucks357

Impact of Day-to-Day Injuries

Anyone who was wondering about the impacts of playing someone day-to-day:

--- Goalie was injured for *2 days* ---

Yesterday (healthy): 197 Goalie Strength
Today (day-to-day): 174 Goalie Strength

Starter = 60%, Backup = 40%

Thus backup attributes 79 Strength. Therefore my starter's "strength" dropped from 118 to 95 which is a 20% drop @ 2 days injury. Assuming it is a linear return to normalcy, playing someone day-to-day reduces their effectiveness by 10%/day.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:04 AM
suprvilce

Quote:
Based on information at hand, even. Energy, chem and EXP would break the tie.
I was writing while still waiting if the player will join my team, now that he has, i can provide more accurate info.

So is this player:

better than:

and/or:

I realize their attributes aren't trained in optimal ratio, but i'll take what i can get for small prices

Old
03-04-2013, 06:03 AM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
I was writing while still waiting if the player will join my team, now that he has, i can provide more accurate info.

So is this player:

better than:

and/or:

I realize their attributes aren't trained in optimal ratio, but i'll take what i can get for small prices
According to my personal formula for positional competence which takes experience and chemistry into account, they are ranked as following:

Player 1: 1461,80
Player 2: 1457,84
Player 3: 1506,85

If all players were to achieve 100% chemistry these would be their values:

Player 1: 1754,16
Player 2: 1482,55
Player 3: 1575,10

In conclusion:

Since the players' attributes won't improve significantly due to their age and CL, Player 1 will likely be the best option going forward as he gets his chemistry up.

Currently, he is the worst of the bunch since my formula doesn't take seasonal energy into account and his is by far the worst and should be low enough to push him into last place.

Old
03-04-2013, 06:53 AM
suprvilce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
According to my personal formula for positional competence which takes experience and chemistry into account, they are ranked as following:

Player 1: 1461,80
Player 2: 1457,84
Player 3: 1506,85

If all players were to achieve 100% chemistry these would be their values:

Player 1: 1754,16
Player 2: 1482,55
Player 3: 1575,10

In conclusion:

Since the players' attributes won't improve significantly due to their age and CL, Player 1 will likely be the best option going forward as he gets his chemistry up.

Currently, he is the worst of the bunch since my formula doesn't take seasonal energy into account and his is by far the worst and should be low enough to push him into last place.
Thanks for the summary!

I am hoping a few more players join my team in the upcomming days and since i don't want to pay the penalty for over 40 players unless there is no other way, i might sell player 2 soon or at the latest before season's end, probably player 3 as well, so i'll let player 1 get some chemestry for next season. Most of my players will never get 100 chemestry anyway since i mostly only bought them so i can sell them later.

Old
03-04-2013, 07:27 AM
Blue Blooded

I can add that I, like I think canucks357 does, use a strict capped formula for the primary and secondary attributes. I.E. the lowest attribute caps the benefit of the others. 100-20-20 is as good as 40-20-20 which is as good as 40-80-80.

Then I factor in (for D's) shooting, technique, experience, and chemistry in a different manner.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:12 PM
canucks357

Got a big win today with my guys in camp. Have two big forwards being sold on Wednesday so I'll be screwed for Friday's game. Granted, it is against a team I likely wouldn't win against anyway. I'm 2pts back of 8th with 3 win-able games left. I suspect I'll be hard-pressed to make the final-8 but I'll burn as much energy as it takes trying . Not to mention half my original team that started this season will be gone.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:17 PM
canucks357

Got a 1-0 win today on the road against a much stronger team today. Had my guys in camp and sub-80 starting energy. The best part was the winner (and only goal) was scored with 45s left assisted by two players who were being sold an hour later.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:59 PM
tujague

I missed out on a couple of soccer players today. I didn't want to spend too much on the dman because I needed the money for the CM. Then I pussed out on spending the necessary money for the CM

Quote:
Anyone who was wondering about the impacts of playing someone day-to-day:

--- Goalie was injured for *2 days* ---

Yesterday (healthy): 197 Goalie Strength
Today (day-to-day): 174 Goalie Strength

Starter = 60%, Backup = 40%

Thus backup attributes 79 Strength. Therefore my starter's "strength" dropped from 118 to 95 which is a 20% drop @ 2 days injury. Assuming it is a linear return to normalcy, playing someone day-to-day reduces their effectiveness by 10%/day.
That's very cool. And something one of us should have worked out a long time ago

Quote:
Got a 1-0 win today on the road against a much stronger team today. Had my guys in camp and sub-80 starting energy. The best part was the winner (and only goal) was scored with 45s left assisted by two players who were being sold an hour later.
So jealous. I can't wait until I get back into a competitive league. The most exciting thing to happen this season was an unexpected loss. Second most exciting is the players on my top line are creeping closer and closer to the top 10 in scoring. I think one is in 12th now. Bit of a surprise since the second line was carrying the team early on. And they've played 6 games less than almost everyone in front of them because I ran both camps early in the season.

Closed Thread