HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The OT Non-Ski Resort - Congratulations on the Baby Mr.C!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2013, 01:13 PM
  #76
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 44,564
vCash: 50



LPH is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 01:13 PM
  #77
Canadian Gold X3
It is what it is.
 
Canadian Gold X3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nanaimo B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
my bday in 3 mins ya buddy
Happy birthday Bgav!

Canadian Gold X3 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 01:17 PM
  #78
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 44,564
vCash: 50

LPH is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 01:19 PM
  #79
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 44,564
vCash: 50


also a great movie

LPH is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 01:26 PM
  #80
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post


Love the Killer Bunny scene. Tim the Enchanter was hilarious.

I remember my first time watching this movie - I was graduating elementary school, and one of my friends invited us all over for a stay-up-all-night-and-watch-movies-night. Basically a sleep over, only more masculine.

I think we watched this three times, back to back. We kept his parents up all night with our howls of laughter. I nearly died the first time I saw the Black Knight scene.

Mrs. C and I watched the Silver Linings Playbook the other day. The only thing I'd seen Jennifer Lawrence in prior to that was the Hunger Games, in which she was good, but nowhere near this - what a great performance. I also gained huge respect for Bradley Cooper as well, who I'd only seen play goofballs and lawyers prior to this. Really enjoyed the movie.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 01:34 PM
  #81
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 44,564
vCash: 50
let's be honest, there's nothing more manly than a slumber party

LPH is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 02:36 PM
  #82
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Ugh. I'm sitting beside the most annoying stereotypical blonde girl in the math help center. Some friendly Asian guy is trying to teach her first year calculus and she just keeps trashing him cause she can't figure it out. Feel bad for the guy.

StringerBell is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:25 PM
  #83
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 44,564
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Ugh. I'm sitting beside the most annoying stereotypical blonde girl in the math help center. Some friendly Asian guy is trying to teach her first year calculus and she just keeps trashing him cause she can't figure it out. Feel bad for the guy.
me feeling sorry for him all depends on whether or not he's getting action. By the way you describe it, it doesn't sound like it

LPH is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:47 PM
  #84
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 44,564
vCash: 50




Last edited by LPH: 03-06-2013 at 03:53 PM.
LPH is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:13 PM
  #85
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Mrs. C and I watched the Silver Linings Playbook the other day. The only thing I'd seen Jennifer Lawrence in prior to that was the Hunger Games, in which she was good, but nowhere near this - what a great performance. I also gained huge respect for Bradley Cooper as well, who I'd only seen play goofballs and lawyers prior to this. Really enjoyed the movie.
You should watch "The Poker House"; that was probably her best movie so far, even including Silver Linings Playbook.

Taelin is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:12 PM
  #86
Canadian Gold X3
It is what it is.
 
Canadian Gold X3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nanaimo B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,599
vCash: 500
I passed that horrible English 12 provincial (worth 40% of your mark). Walked in with 82% came out with 78%. I'm pretty happy

Canadian Gold X3 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:20 PM
  #87
nameless1
Annoying Poetry Guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Classless One View Post
I passed that horrible English 12 provincial (worth 40% of your mark). Walked in with 82% came out with 78%. I'm pretty happy
That's pretty good.
When I took mine, I walked in 86%, and came out 79%.
That seriously made me doubt my English abilities.

nameless1 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:21 PM
  #88
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Classless One View Post
I passed that horrible English 12 provincial (worth 40% of your mark). Walked in with 82% came out with 78%. I'm pretty happy
I remember the English 12 provincial was pretty messed up anyway. Multiple-choice questions for how someone interprets a poem...

Taelin is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:22 PM
  #89
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 44,564
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Classless One View Post
I passed that horrible English 12 provincial (worth 40% of your mark). Walked in with 82% came out with 78%. I'm pretty happy
I wasnt a big fan of the English 12 provincial, think i pulled off an 80, but had like 97% from my class cause my teacher did not give two ****s. If you showed up, you got full marks

I really enjoyed (well as much as you can enjoy) the Socials 11 provincial

LPH is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:22 PM
  #90
nameless1
Annoying Poetry Guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Ugh. I'm sitting beside the most annoying stereotypical blonde girl in the math help center. Some friendly Asian guy is trying to teach her first year calculus and she just keeps trashing him cause she can't figure it out. Feel bad for the guy.
Calculus makes you mean.
Plus, unless you go on for further science studies, you will never need it again.

nameless1 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:23 PM
  #91
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 44,564
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
I remember the English 12 provincial was pretty messed up anyway. Multiple-choice questions for how someone interprets a poem...
plus you get the worst topics to write about, it's always some bland cliche that you have to try to make interesting

LPH is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:23 PM
  #92
Canadian Gold X3
It is what it is.
 
Canadian Gold X3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nanaimo B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I wasnt a big fan of the English 12 provincial, think i pulled off an 80, but had like 97% from my class cause my teacher did not give two ****s. If you showed up, you got full marks

I really enjoyed (well as much as you can enjoy) the Socials 11 provincial
I loved Socials 11! My teacher was awesome.

Canadian Gold X3 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:25 PM
  #93
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 44,564
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Classless One View Post
I loved Socials 11! My teacher was awesome.
socials 11, history 12, and chemistry 12 were by far my favorite classes. I had a great socials teacher as well. The teacher makes or breaks the class.

LPH is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:26 PM
  #94
Canadian Gold X3
It is what it is.
 
Canadian Gold X3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nanaimo B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
socials 11, history 12, and chemistry 12 were by far my favorite classes. I had a great socials teacher as well. The teacher makes or breaks the class.
History 12 was cancelled at my school. Not enough people took it

Canadian Gold X3 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:27 PM
  #95
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I wasnt a big fan of the English 12 provincial, think i pulled off an 80, but had like 97% from my class cause my teacher did not give two ****s. If you showed up, you got full marks

I really enjoyed (well as much as you can enjoy) the Socials 11 provincial
The Socials 11 provincial was so much better than English 12. Got like...97% on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
plus you get the worst topics to write about, it's always some bland cliche that you have to try to make interesting
I think mine was:

"Who inspires you?"


Taelin is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:29 PM
  #96
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 44,564
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
The Socials 11 provincial was so much better than English 12. Got like...97% on it



I think mine was:

"Who inspires you?"

ya I aced the socials provincial as well, 100% on the essays

I think my English one was very similar, something around who influences you the most or something

LPH is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:30 PM
  #97
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Classless One View Post
History 12 was cancelled at my school. Not enough people took it
History 12 was my favourite course in Grade 12. Too bad my History teacher was pro-Israeli to the point of being nauseating.

Taelin is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:30 PM
  #98
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 44,564
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Classless One View Post
History 12 was cancelled at my school. Not enough people took it
that ****ing sucks, i loved that class, WWI, WWII, the depression and the Cold War. It was really engaging and interesting, although my teacher had a really strong anti-American bias, just like my IS200 teacher

LPH is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:31 PM
  #99
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
ya I aced the socials provincial as well, 100% on the essays

I think my English one was very similar, something around who influences you the most or something
When did you take your English provincial? (Mine was January 2011)

Taelin is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:34 PM
  #100
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 44,564
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
When did you take your English provincial? (Mine was January 2011)
I'm a year later then, glad to know they work hard on changing up the topic

LPH is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.