HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXIII ‎

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 04:12 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I agree with Smid and I think he will be a realistic option if he doesn't stay. Now I don't really think there is a way that we have a chance at Streit, either he goes to a contender (which he will have plenty of suitors for a 2-3 year run) or he sticks with the NYI.
I'd guess 30% chance the Oil let Smid hit FA. Sounds like he likes it there, and they need the defense as much as we do. Whitney comes off this year, so they should have plenty of $ to get it done.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
I'd guess 30% chance the Oil let Smid hit FA. Sounds like he likes it there, and they need the defense as much as we do. Whitney comes off this year, so they should have plenty of $ to get it done.
I just don't know what to make of Tambloweini's Reign of Error. They're likely going to flip a very good hockey player in Paajarvi for nothing after marginalizing him all this time, so I won't be surprised if they somehow screw things up with Smid.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:23 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
I just don't know what to make of Tambloweini's Reign of Error. They're likely going to flip a very good hockey player in Paajarvi for nothing after marginalizing him all this time, so I won't be surprised if they somehow screw things up with Smid.
I say Tambloweini + Succo on the next expansion team. be like the Futility meets Train Wreck.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
I say Tambloweini + Succo on the next expansion team. be like the Futility meets Train Wreck.
Trainwrecks like THAT would definitely make me thankful for the new lottery rules.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
When did this happen? He is far from being a "very good" player. Oilers probably rushed him and hurt his development but he is very limited offensively.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:45 PM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
When did this happen? He is far from being a "very good" player. Oilers probably rushed him and hurt his development but he is very limited offensively.
limited offensively? Isn't offense his only strength? Or have I been watching some other kid for the last 5-6 years?

Old
03-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
So he's not a superstar goal-scorer. So what? Doesn't mean he's not a really good hockey player. Like Sammy Pahlsson, his value is in other areas. And the Oilers have done more than just rush him--they've put him in a position to fail.

I think the offense would come if he were put in a position to succeed. But of course Edmonton's idea of success is putting Mike Brown and his handlebar mustache in place of Paajarvi. Yeah...that'll bring the wins.

It's one blogger's opinion, take it for what it's worth. But I'd agree that even Gabriel Landeskog would be a "disappointment" at this point in his career if he had Eric frickin' Belanger centering him on a nightly basis.

http://www.coppernblue.com/2013/3/5/...op-25-under-25

If the draft were done over again, he'd probably fall to the 2nd round. Still a very good player, just not a star. Oh well. But the Oilers seem to think that if they just roll out a bunch of very talented scorers and barely-marginal role players, it'll somehow work out eventually. Say what you will about Jay Feaster's carelessnesss, he is not capable of the incompetence the Oilers management team shows on a yearly basis.

Old
03-06-2013, 05:08 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
So he's not a superstar goal-scorer. So what? Doesn't mean he's not a really good hockey player. Like Sammy Pahlsson, his value is in other areas. And the Oilers have done more than just rush him--they've put him in a position to fail.

I think the offense would come if he were put in a position to succeed. But of course Edmonton's idea of success is putting Mike Brown and his handlebar mustache in place of Paajarvi. Yeah...that'll bring the wins.

It's one blogger's opinion, take it for what it's worth. But I'd agree that even Gabriel Landeskog would be a "disappointment" at this point in his career if he had Eric frickin' Belanger centering him on a nightly basis.

http://www.coppernblue.com/2013/3/5/...op-25-under-25

If the draft were done over again, he'd probably fall to the 2nd round. Still a very good player, just not a star. Oh well. But the Oilers seem to think that if they just roll out a bunch of very talented scorers and barely-marginal role players, it'll somehow work out eventually. Say what you will about Jay Feaster's carelessnesss, he is not capable of the incompetence the Oilers management team shows on a yearly basis.
Back before Barrie was looking better than Elliott, I wanted to trade Barrie for MPS. We still need a good LW, and MPS could learn a lot from Landeskog. It's not as if he does not have the tools, but hes been bounced around the lineup and between the AHL/NHL more than a kid playing with a bouncy ball.

NOT SAY WE SHOULD TRADE BARRIE FOR MPS NOW... Just saying that it probably wouldn't be impossible to acquire him.

Old
03-06-2013, 05:10 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Back before Barrie was looking better than Elliott, I wanted to trade Barrie for MPS. We still need a good LW, and MPS could learn a lot from Landeskog. It's not as if he does not have the tools, but hes been bounced around the lineup and between the AHL/NHL more than a kid playing with a bouncy ball.

NOT SAY WE SHOULD TRADE BARRIE FOR MPS NOW... Just saying that it probably wouldn't be impossible to acquire him.
You mean Elliot looked before than Barrie? (which IMO, was never), or when Elliot was in the huge slump and was still up in the NHL?

I would've puked if that trade actually happened last year, let alone this year.

Also, I don't want to touch MPS unless junk like a 3rd. We already have a project in McGinn and streaky wingers in Downie and Jones.

Old
03-06-2013, 05:12 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
You mean Elliot looked before than Barrie? (which IMO, was never), or when Elliot was in the huge slump and was still up in the NHL?

I would've puked if that trade actually happened last year, let alone this year.
Ehh? no... I'm talking about when Elliott put up 13 points and looked to have the brighter future between the two. MPS has been mishandled worse than a baby in a crack house...

Old
03-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Not saying we don't trade the spare parts, just don't agree with moving anyone like Jones, Stastny, etc. Fix the problem with our coaching first.

Old
03-06-2013, 05:26 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Ehh? no... I'm talking about when Elliott put up 13 points and looked to have the brighter future between the two. MPS has been mishandled worse than a baby in a crack house...
The way you worded it says Barrie > Elliot.

Also, I was never impressed with that point streak with Elliot. He had a few really nice rushes (which takes a special type of talent), but besides that he wasn't anything specia IMO. Even when Barrie didn't get any points, he looked better IMO.

Honestly if we could fuse Barrie + Elliot together we'd have our own Karlsson

Old
03-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Not saying we don't trade the spare parts, just don't agree with moving anyone like Jones, Stastny, etc. Fix the problem with our coaching first.
Eh...our problems go beyond coaching. If the team has a way to improve, they need to do it. If you say the team needs to get a new coach first, that's just another way the coach holds this team back. And we definitely don't want that.

Old
03-06-2013, 05:40 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
12 scouts/hockey ops guys repping 11 teams here at OTT/TOR game: TB, COL, EDM (2), CBJ, LA, DAL, VAN, MIN, NYR, CHI & PHI

Old
03-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Eh...our problems go beyond coaching. If the team has a way to improve, they need to do it. If you say the team needs to get a new coach first, that's just another way the coach holds this team back. And we definitely don't want that.
So we potentially sell an asset low because our coach sucks before getting rid of our coach? It's simply stupid Sacco hasn't gone yet, but that doesn't mean we should support a trade which may not be in our team's best interests.

I can't see anything barring another McGinn type trade being a good idea and even that should be recognized as improbable.

Old
03-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
12 scouts/hockey ops guys repping 11 teams here at OTT/TOR game: TB, COL, EDM (2), CBJ, LA, DAL, VAN, MIN, NYR, CHI & PHI
After ripping off Tambellini already I imagine Nonis can barely contain his glee at the prospect of another possible deal with Edmonton.

Old
03-06-2013, 05:46 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
So we potentially sell an asset low because our coach sucks before getting rid of our coach? It's simply stupid Sacco hasn't gone yet, but that doesn't mean we should support a trade which may not be in our team's best interests.

I can't see anything barring another McGinn type trade being a good idea and even that should be recognized as improbable.
IMO we should get rid of some deadweight on the defense (ROB and one of Hunwick/Zanon). Stastny should be looked at if a team is willing to overpay. Beyond that wait until the deadline and maybe get something for Kobasew (if they don't plan on re-signing him).

Old
03-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Just curious...

I heard that Liles has been scratched for 8 games in a row?

Would he not be an instant upgrade over most of the crap we are putting out there now?

Offer a late round pick or something?

edit - I know hes not anything super special but our D is aweful

Perhaps Staz + for Gardiner & Liles?

Old
03-06-2013, 06:19 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
Just curious...

I heard that Liles has been scratched for 8 games in a row?

Would he not be an instant upgrade over most of the crap we are putting out there now?

Offer a late round pick or something?

edit - I know hes not anything super special but our D is aweful

Perhaps Staz + for Gardiner & Liles?
Awful contract and there is a reason he is scratched.

Old
03-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Awful contract and there is a reason he is scratched.
Fair enough...

I just figured we couldnt get any worse on D lol

Old
03-06-2013, 09:36 PM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
Fair enough...

I just figured we couldnt get any worse on D lol
The contract is for 3 more seasons after this one though. Liles contract would just get in the way in another year or so.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:01 PM
S3rkie

vCash: 140
dater just quoted a well documented bad rumor acct as a this is what im hearing -_- there goes all the credibility you built up over the off season

Old
03-06-2013, 10:03 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3rkie View Post
dater just quoted *************** as a this is what im hearing -_- there goes all the credibility you built up over the off season
Tell the whole story.

He links to his Sulia account and states that he has also heard the Avs are "considering trading" him.

But yeah...doesn't look good when he quotes the Insiderrr

Thought I'd been in love before, but in my heart I wanted more. Seems like all I really was doing was waiting for you - John Lennon/The Beatles
Old
jaems

I doubt the Leafs would get rid of Gardiner. They need Gardiner back more than they need another center.

Old
Foppa Frossa

Stastny + for Phaneuf + Cuthbert?

Closed Thread