HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hanzal+Yandle to Edmonton

Old
03-06-2013, 04:54 PM
RisingSun

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5255 View Post
I think PHX and EDM could be decent trading partners. I'd love to see a deal made around Yandle for RNH. Personally as an Oiler fan I'd be willing to give away anything apart from Hall and Eberle that could make the team stronger. Problem is, most of our guys aren't anywhere near their actual value right now. However, I still think RNH could bring back something big. That guy is going to become one of the best players in the league one day and that should count for something.
RNH for Yandle, your crazy man.

RisingSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 05:10 PM
seanerixon

Send a message via AIM to seanerixon Send a message via MSN to seanerixon Send a message via Yahoo to seanerixon Send a message via Skype™ to seanerixon
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRadicals View Post
Yeah that proposal is a bad but what about something like Eberle + Gagner for OEL?
Well, the value is surely there. I'm not going to argue that at all. I don't watch the Oilers enough to know their playing style unfortunately, so have nothing further to say, but in terms of value it's definitely there. In fact, maybe PHX has to add some kind of pick or prospect. I'm not looking at money here, I'm not interested in looking at contract details right now, but like the value.

seanerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 05:34 PM
RisingSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanerixon View Post
Well, the value is surely there. I'm not going to argue that at all. I don't watch the Oilers enough to know their playing style unfortunately, so have nothing further to say, but in terms of value it's definitely there. In fact, maybe PHX has to add some kind of pick or prospect. I'm not looking at money here, I'm not interested in looking at contract details right now, but like the value.
if the oilers can acquire a centre to replace Gagner , I think we can easily afford u give up both for OEL and a small plus. It's honestly great for both teams, Edmonton defense gets revitalized and phoenix becomes a legit offensive power. Ebs is a legit 35/45 guy and Gagner can easily put up 60 pts with the right guys.

Old
03-06-2013, 05:43 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
List five guys that are more valuable than OEL.
Sidney Crosby, Steven Stamkos, Erik Karlsson, Shea Weber, Evgeni Malkin, Henrik Lundqvist, Pekka Rinne.

Shall I go on?

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 05:53 PM
RisingSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
Sidney Crosby, Steven Stamkos, Erik Karlsson, Shea Weber, Evgeni Malkin, Henrik Lundqvist, Pekka Rinne.

Shall I go on?
Erik karlsson,drew doughty,Alex pietrangelo,zdeno chara,Shea weber. But OEL will be a top 3 defenseman in a few years for sure.

Old
03-06-2013, 05:56 PM
Boedker89

Just lock this thread already. This is pathetic.

Boedker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 06:02 PM
korpedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boedker89 View Post
Just lock this thread already. This is pathetic.
Agreed

korpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 06:07 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

The only compelling reasons I've heard to trade Yandle are budgetary. This is only going to be a factor in one of two very unlikely events:

1. The Coyotes find local ownership in the next three months and stay in Phoenix long-term (10% chance)

2. The Coyotes are left to rot in Glendale for one more lame-duck season while the NHL gets relocation settled with other markets, in an effort to create a bidding war and maximize relocation fees (20% chance)

More likely (70% chance, I'd say) the team is either relocated in the next few months, or folded all together. In either case, trading Yandle is unnecessary.

If a hockey mad, extremely wealthy guy like Don Levin who has a spendy reputation buys the team and moves them to Seattle, for example, it probably makes a lot more sense to look at dealing guys like Rundblad or Gormley for scoring help, and hanging onto the proven, albeit more expensive, Keith Yandle. The same idea applies if PKP buys the team and moves them to Quebec City. In this instance, however, it's even more likely that Yandle is retained because he'll need to take over as captain, as there is a zero percent chance Doan moves to Quebec. Which also, of course, clears Doan's salary off the books, making Yandle all of a sudden very affordable.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 06:08 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I think the proper price would be something like Gagner + Yakupov.

Phoenix fans can argue that it would be Gagner + Eberle. I'm not sure I'd want to do that... but I know that it would be better for the Oilers in the end. They need more help on the back end and they need a big bodied center like Hanzal big time.
Quote:
Yeah that proposal is a bad but what about something like Eberle + Gagner for OEL?
The problem with Gagner + Eberle is money. Eberle already makes more than Yandle to begin with, and Gagner is going to want a healthy raise. The whole impetus behind trading Yandle, a player teams otherwise never consider trading, is to cut salary. The Coyotes need enough room under the budget to re-sign Boedker, OEL and Smith. Hanzal is not exactly chopped liver here, as others have pointed out. The Coyotes wouldn't trade him straight up for Gagner or Eberle, because it makes the team significantly worse, so there's your value calibration.

The Coyotes would be interested in Yakupov or RNH. They passed on MPS and Gagner for Yandle before. So it would take Gagner + Yakupov for Yandle and a sweetener like Rundblad (to play with Klefbom).

There's also a difference here between value and what it would take. It would take significant over-payment to pry Yandle or Hanzal out of Phoenix. Both of them together? Prepare for something painful. OEL is a completely different story. He just flat out isn't available, and you would have to blow Maloney's literal socks off in order for him to not say no. We're talking at least three bluechips from the Oilers. You don't have to like it or agree with it, but that's where we are. When you trade for a teams core, and they have no motivation to jettison that core, expect to pay out the ass.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 06:35 PM
TheNuge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
List five guys that are more valuable than OEL.

A extremely young, #1, hybrid Dman that has very few flaws to his game and an outlet pass that is elite.
Erik karlsson
Alex pietrangelo
Drew doughty
Kris letang
Michael del zotto

I would take over OEL...

Don't be such a homer and say he's the best defenseman in the league because karlsson out classes him all day everyday, twice on Sunday's

TheNuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Roof Daddy

Why make this trade when we can just offer sheet OEL in the off-season? 7.2 mil per over 5 years, pay him 10 mil in the first year, 9 of it in bonuses (thus due immediately). Should be enough of a deterrent for the league to approve the funds to match, especially considering there is compensation coming back.

Also it is a little hypocritical for XX to call Paajarvi a bust when his career path looks similar to that of Boedker's.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:00 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Also it is a little hypocritical for XX to call Paajarvi a bust when his career path looks similar to that of Boedker's.
I never said he is a bust. Rather, I correctly pointed out that (like Boedker once upon a time) his value is low due to him struggling and not performing, despite the potential. So it would make sense for the Oilers to not trade him, as they are not going to get a great return for him right now. In the context of a quality-for-quality hockey trade, Paajarvi is just fluff. There's no real value there. You can't trade a player like Yandle hoping that he turns it around like Boedker did. So tossing him into these high level deals is unrealistic, unless you don't value him.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:53 PM
ALA YotesPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post

Shall I go on?
And for VALUE how many of those are on entry level contracts?

ALA YotesPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNuge View Post
Erik karlsson
Alex pietrangelo
Drew doughty
Kris letang
Michael del zotto
I know this is just your opinion... But really? WTH?

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Kaibur

Quote:
Why make this trade when we can just offer sheet OEL in the off-season? 7.2 mil per over 5 years, pay him 10 mil in the first year, 9 of it in bonuses (thus due immediately). Should be enough of a deterrent for the league to approve the funds to match, especially considering there is compensation coming back.

At four 1st round picks as compensation for that contract, it may not be such a bad idea. It'd be a gamble, no doubt, but an interesting one to say the least. I imagine a number of clubs have it in mind.

If this franchise is on the move, having the mobility in assets is going to be attractive. If someone's going to pay that kind of money and assets, we might as well slot Gormley in and take the extra picks and hope for the best.

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:12 PM
seanerixon

Send a message via AIM to seanerixon Send a message via MSN to seanerixon Send a message via Yahoo to seanerixon Send a message via Skype™ to seanerixon
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
The problem with Gagner + Eberle is money. Eberle already makes more than Yandle to begin with, and Gagner is going to want a healthy raise. The whole impetus behind trading Yandle, a player teams otherwise never consider trading, is to cut salary. The Coyotes need enough room under the budget to re-sign Boedker, OEL and Smith. Hanzal is not exactly chopped liver here, as others have pointed out. The Coyotes wouldn't trade him straight up for Gagner or Eberle, because it makes the team significantly worse, so there's your value calibration.

The Coyotes would be interested in Yakupov or RNH. They passed on MPS and Gagner for Yandle before. So it would take Gagner + Yakupov for Yandle and a sweetener like Rundblad (to play with Klefbom).

There's also a difference here between value and what it would take. It would take significant over-payment to pry Yandle or Hanzal out of Phoenix. Both of them together? Prepare for something painful. OEL is a completely different story. He just flat out isn't available, and you would have to blow Maloney's literal socks off in order for him to not say no. We're talking at least three bluechips from the Oilers. You don't have to like it or agree with it, but that's where we are. When you trade for a teams core, and they have no motivation to jettison that core, expect to pay out the ass.
I had a feeling Ebs had a hefty contract, but couldn't remember earlier when I replied to him. Thanks for checking that out and clearing it up

seanerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Mrb1p

I don't think Yandle is needed in the Oilers line up. And it's pretty much a clear no from Oilers.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoil View Post
RNH is worth more than half of the coyotes line up. I wouldn't do RNH for Yandle and Hanzel. Thats a joke. RNH is literally the most untouchable player on the oilers. We're never taking that trade.

It'd have to be OEL and Yandle and Hanzel for me to even think about it.

Yotes fans....come on guys. RNH is gonna to be a top 10 player in the league for sure.
LOL

That's fine, cause it would probably have to be Hall + Eberle for PHX fans to even think about dealing OEL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNuge View Post
Erik karlsson
Alex pietrangelo
Drew doughty
Kris letang
Michael del zotto

I would take over OEL...

Don't be such a homer and say he's the best defenseman in the league because karlsson out classes him all day everyday, twice on Sunday's

Seriously....?????

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:34 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
At four 1st round picks as compensation for that contract, it may not be such a bad idea. It'd be a gamble, no doubt, but an interesting one to say the least. I imagine a number of clubs have it in mind.

If this franchise is on the move, having the mobility in assets is going to be attractive. If someone's going to pay that kind of money and assets, we might as well slot Gormley in and take the extra picks and hope for the best.
Actually 7.2 mil per over 5 years would only be 2014 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 2015 1st. I would think you guys would rather match, but I don't see how Bettman can approve a match if the deal is structured so that the first year is front loaded and payed primarily in signing bonus. If it was a UFA the calibre of OEL then perhaps he'd have a case to bring to the board of governors (can't have a major asset leave for nothing before the team is sold), but the fact that there is some value in return has me thinking the board will not approve a league match.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:39 PM
hbk

Quote:
Actually 7.2 mil per over 5 years would only be 2014 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 2015 1st. I would think you guys would rather match, but I don't see how Bettman can approve a match if the deal is structured so that the first year is front loaded and payed primarily in signing bonus. If it was a UFA the calibre of OEL then perhaps he'd have a case to bring to the board of governors (can't have a major asset leave for nothing before the team is sold), but the fact that there is some value in return has me thinking the board will not approve a league match.
Without hesitation Phoenix would match. They would move others to make the math equate. Keep in mind the difficulty the decreased cap would have for some teams to pull this sort of move off.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:54 PM
supert

Quote:
replace nuge with eberle and replace yandle with OEL. And prv with Gagner. Then the oilers start talking.
Great so we get one of the best young D in the NHL And give up a talented wing and a small center who having a great year . I am sure all teams will past and we will remain a bottom feeder until we offer up something that other teams value . You must be GMST brother inlaw . He thinks the same way and this once proud team has been run in to the ground . We need team grit and size . It pretty simple Hemsky is not going to get us what we need either is Gagner . They may get us late first rd picks from a contenting team ,but more picks will not make us better . If Our good players keep losing the will demand trades . It pretty simple no one wants to lose all the time . If Yandle is the odd man out If we want him make a decent offer you got to pay to play with the big boys

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Without hesitation Phoenix would match. They would move others to make the math equate. Keep in mind the difficulty the decreased cap would have for some teams to pull this sort of move off.
Keep in mind this is the league's money. I don't doubt Maloney would match without blinking, but it's not like he has cash in hand. If the deal were structured to pay 10 mil in the first year, 8 of that being a signing bonus, that is 8 mil OEL would receive that day. The league has already assumed the previous debts of the franchise as part of the bankruptcy deal, plus losses incurred during the past 3 seasons. Again, the fact there are decent (but obviously not equal) assets going the Yotes way inthe form of 2 1sts a 2nd and 3rd has me thinking the Board of Governors would tell Bettman to take the picks vs pay another 8 mil out of pocket.

That is unless a new owner is decided on, but I'd say that deadline just became July 1st if you guys want to keep OEL.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Kaibur

Quote:
Keep in mind this is the league's money. I don't doubt Maloney would match without blinking, but it's not like he has cash in hand. If the deal were structured to pay 10 mil in the first year, 8 of that being a signing bonus, that is 8 mil OEL would receive that day. The league has already assumed the previous debts of the franchise as part of the bankruptcy deal, plus losses incurred during the past 3 seasons. Again, the fact there are decent (but obviously not equal) assets going the Yotes way inthe form of 2 1sts a 2nd and 3rd has me thinking the Board of Governors would tell Bettman to take the picks vs pay another 8 mil out of pocket.

That is unless a new owner is decided on, but I'd say that deadline just became July 1st if you guys want to keep OEL.
At best, he wins the Norris and asks for a contract like Karlsson's. $6.2M per, right? That's easy to cover in 2013-14 if they're in another city, because Doan's likely not with them. If they're still in Phoenix, Maloney finds a way to keep him in the fold.

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:10 PM
hbk

Quote:

It won't make a difference. Budget is the budget. Phoenix would match and move other bodies if required. Maloney has positioned their salary structure very well going into this summer. They have plenty of budget space to deal with any potential moves by other clubs.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:19 PM
TheNuge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
LOL

That's fine, cause it would probably have to be Hall + Eberle for PHX fans to even think about dealing OEL.

Seriously....?????
Now my opinion being my opinion is also backed up by some basic facts...

Stats:

Del Zotto

Gp 223 G 23 A 74 P 97 +/- 0

Points per game average: 0.43ppg

Defense partner and pairing: 3rd Pairing / Steve Eminger

TOI Average / game: 20.1 Minutes

Ekman-Larsson

Gp 152 G 17 A 42 P 59 +/- 14

Points per game average: 0.38ppg

Defense Partner and Pairing: 1st Pairing / Zy Michalek

TOI Average / game: 26.2 Minutes

---------------------------------------------------------------

I may not be able to sway most of you with facts..But i feel if Del Zotto wasnt behind Girardi, Staal, Mcdonagh And had some time on the Rangers first pairing

A) The rangers would be in a better posistion
B) He would have a slightly increased stat totals and would be viewed more highly on this board...

Not taking anything away from OEL he is going to be a stud someday...there are just plenty players out there more valueable at this point...

To the person asking to point out the more valueables...

See ( Stamkos, Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Karlsson ) Before OEL

TheNuge is offline   Reply With Quote