HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Rinaldo v Daugavins {YT Post 23}

Old
03-03-2013, 02:44 AM
BackWithaVengeance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Highlight Reel View Post
Wait...so Rinaldo skating around with the Sens player NOT THROWING ANY PUNCHES, makes him a scum player?

Not sure what video you guys are watching but Rinaldo CLEARLY doesn't throw any punches until the Sens player THROWS his gloves down. It's a pretty obvious point in the video.

Rinaldo may have a history of being a dirty player, but every single thing he doesn't isn't grounds to prosecute his character as a player. Rinaldo may be a "dirty" player, but I don't see him doing anything wrong here.

As for the "spot picker" comments, would ANY of the NHL enforcers be as successful as they were if they dropped their gloves with every person who challenged them? Like a previous poster mentioned, there is a time to fight and a time not to fight. If every enforcer fought on every occasion, their career span would diminish exponentially.
. But let's just hate Zac Rinaldo. It's much easier. Why tell the truth and use logic?

BackWithaVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:10 PM
flyersfan018

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
I already mentioned that in the other thread, but you deleted my post, so I will re-type my response.

Kaspars Daugavins did grab Zac Rinaldo. However, he never intended to fight back. Zac Rinaldo dropped his gloves first and forced Kaspars Daugavins into a fight.

I have already watched the video, so your argument is invalid.
Your blind hatred is so pathetic. Watch the fight from this feed:

You can clearly see at the :23-:24 mark that Rinaldo waits for Daugavins to do anything first to make sure Kaspars really wants to go. Judging by your last sentence, it's clear that you just like to hate on Rinaldo even if he does nothing wrong.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 09:08 PM
v-man

vCash: 500
Daugavins and Rinaldo played junior together in Toronto and Mississauga. They both knew what they were getting into and with whom. While Daug doesn't fight often, he's never been one to shy away from it (in fact, he was known to prearrange fights back then), nor has he been severely outclassed when doing so - he's always held his own. It's hard to tell here if Zac was simply laying off, or if he just couldn't get a proper punch off.

v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 09:51 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
Your blind hatred is so pathetic. Watch the fight from this feed:

You can clearly see at the :23-:24 mark that Rinaldo waits for Daugavins to do anything first to make sure Kaspars really wants to go. Judging by your last sentence, it's clear that you just like to hate on Rinaldo even if he does nothing wrong.
What are you talking about? I never never mentioned that Zac Rinaldo threw punches when Kaspars Daugavins had his gloves on.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 05:45 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Daugy has fought before in the OHL. Trust me, I'd look for any reason to call out Rinaldo, but I really don't see how anyone could have an issue with that. Daug dropped his gloves, he agreed to the fight, and good on him for that. Can't blame Rinaldo for knowing how to fight.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote