HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Purpose Goaltending Thread #8

View Poll Results: Should we use an amnesty buyout on Bryz?
Hell Yes! 65 72.22%
Hell No! 25 27.78%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

vCash: 500
as a player who's played goal for 30 years, i find that i let in fewer breakaway goals when my teams limit the number of times they occur.

Bryz showed that he can overcome the Flyers team D deficiencies earlier in the year. hopefully he'll start showing it more than he has over the last few games.

Old
03-06-2013, 06:11 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
as a player who's played goal for 30 years, i find that i let in fewer breakaway goals when my teams limit the number of times they occur.

Bryz showed that he can overcome the Flyers team D deficiencies earlier in the year. hopefully he'll start showing it more than he has over the last few games.
You didn't answer my question.

Old
03-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Just out of curiosity, which goalies would you take over Bryzgalov? From just a pure talent standpoint not including age, potential, contract, etc.
i'd like Hank. and Malkin instead of Danny. Weber instead of Kimmo & Kane instead of Knuble.

doesn't really matter, he's our goalie. just gotta hope he picks it up a bit more.

Old
03-06-2013, 06:18 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
i'd like Hank. and Malkin instead of Danny. Weber instead of Kimmo & Kane instead of Knuble.

doesn't really matter, he's our goalie. just gotta hope he picks it up a bit more.
I know that but I'm just curious to see where he ranks amongst the other goalies in your opinion.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:59 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:

your not allowed to hope anything. He sucks. period. stop defending, complimenting, twisting facts and above all living in your little dreamworld where you think its completely normal to have a goalie who gets paid millions of dollars and doesn't stop every puck on an offense first team minus the offense most nights! o.k? so just give it up. your embarrassing yourself and everyone else who considers themselves a fan on here. you obviously have zero clue what the meaning of the word FAN is.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:06 PM
buff

Bryzgalov was'nt good enought to stay the number 1 goalie of his team in the KHL during the lockout..... It's ugly ....

Old
03-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Ryker

Quote:
2 goals by undefended opponents. margin of victory for NYR ? 2 goals.
Since both teams gave up 2 goals by undefended opponents, I was wondering what your point was in making this statement. Because if you were trying to prove something in Bryz's favour, you've gone wrong somewhere along the line.

Quote:
well, Price isn't our goalie, gives up bad goals, gets pulled ..... no different than Bryz.

Price played "really well" last year ?
Price .916 2.43
Bryz: .909 2.48

seems alot like 'the grass is greener' syndrome to me.

2013:
Price .908 2.35 on the best team in the Conference
Bryz: .903 2.68
So Price posted significantly better numbers in both seasons. Again, what's your point? You seem to just take whatever facts are out there and turn them into somehow showing Bryz has been playing great.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:20 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by buff View Post
Bryzgalov was'nt good enought to stay the number 1 goalie of his team in the KHL during the lockout..... It's ugly ....
He started off bad the first couple of games but rebounded nicely after that until he left for here. He ended up posting a 2.14 GAA and .916 SV% in 12 games in the KHL.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
yet came back over here and was arguably the best goalie in the league, in spite of the awful team D in front of him .....

odd

Old
03-06-2013, 08:26 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
yet came back over here and was arguably the best goalie in the league, in spite of the awful team D in front of him .....

odd
Craig Anderson?

Old
03-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Price posted significantly better numbers in both seasons.
Price .916 2.43

ummmmmm, no. i think you're really stretching that ... why, i don't know ..... but i'm bored with that topic

Old
03-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Craig Anderson?
arguably.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
your not allowed to hope anything. He sucks. period. stop defending, complimenting, twisting facts and above all living in your little dreamworld where you think its completely normal to have a goalie who gets paid millions of dollars and doesn't stop every puck on an offense first team minus the offense most nights! o.k? so just give it up. your embarrassing yourself and everyone else who considers themselves a fan on here. you obviously have zero clue what the meaning of the word FAN is.
yea, you're right ..... WHAT WAS I THINKING ?????!!!!!

Last edited by Bernie Parent 1974: 03-06-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old
03-06-2013, 08:33 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
arguably.
It's not even an argument though. Anderson was the best goalie up until he got hurt.

1.49 GAA .952 SV%. His record was 8-4-2 so I would say he wasn't getting all the help in the world with numbers like that.

Ottawa's defense is also a lot worse than ours.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 03-06-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old
03-06-2013, 08:34 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
He doesn't need to stop every puck. He needs to just play like the goalie he's paid to be. He isn't coming close at the moment.

03-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Price .916 2.43

ummmmmm, no. i think you're really stretching that ... why, i don't know ..... but i'm bored with that topic
Yeah, of course, 0.007 isn't a significant difference at this level at all. What's next, everyone with a between .900 and, say, .925 is pretty much the same as far as goaltending is concerned?

Old
03-06-2013, 09:56 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Here's his 2 gems last night
Callahan's from last night.

those goals are scored every single night in the NHL. I see it all the time, so i'm not gonna panic when it happens to us.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:16 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
those goals are scored every single night in the NHL. I see it all the time, so i'm not gonna panic when it happens to us.

It is a high percentage shot but some goalies step up and stop it sometimes. With Bryz almost every time he makes himself look dumb and the puck ends up in the back of the net.

As for the comparison between him and Varly one guys cap hit is $5.6 the others is $2.8. I don't think it's crazy for people to expect Bryz stop those shots when he's carrying a cap hit like that.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 03-06-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old
03-06-2013, 11:04 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
It is a high percentage shot but some goalies step up and stop it sometimes. With Bryz almost every time he makes himself look dumb and the puck ends up in the back of the net.

As for the comparison between him and Varly one guys cap hit is $5.6 the others is $2.8. I don't think it's crazy for people to expect Bryz stop those shots when he's carrying a cap hit like that.
He has made a lot of big saves this year. Maybe not last night but that's one game, and he was average. I realize that it was a big game but it's not going to make or break our season on its own. You'd think he's been dreadful for weeks the way people are reacting to that game.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:07 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
It is a high percentage shot but some goalies step up and stop it sometimes.
and Bryz has done that sometimes this year, within the last week with the paddle down.

Bryz lets in, according to you, a high % shot .... yet you label it a "gem", as if it was a low % shot ...... i don't understand how it can be both?

is it only a "gem" when Bryz lets it in, and a high % shot when Varly lets it in ? can you please explain that to me ? why did it suddenly become a high % shot as soon as another goalie let it in ? and why is it a "Bryz Gem" whe he lets it in ? what am i missing ? serious question; i'm not having a go at you

Quote:
As for the comparison between him and Varly one guys cap hit is ...
stopped reading there. i could not care less about cap hits. next you're gonna start posting the cap hits of the opponents who score, as if that somehow makes any given shot "an expected goal" ..... or "yea, he fanned on a wide open net, but it's OK, his cap hit is only $1 mil."

Old
03-07-2013, 12:10 AM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin View Post
He has made a lot of big saves this year. Maybe not last night but that's one game, and he was average. I realize that it was a big game but it's not going to make or break our season on its own. You'd think he's been dreadful for weeks the way people are reacting to that game.
Hes been mediocre for weeks now, including being pulled at least once.

Old
03-07-2013, 06:47 AM
Coffe

Quote:
In Bryzs' "defence", he had one of, if not the best goalie in the KHL in front of him in Rastislav Stana. You don't bench a guy with 0,93% and 1.76 GAA.

Old
03-07-2013, 07:00 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Here are NHL Network's Top 10 goals of the week. Every. Single. One. is a weak goal according to the standards stated in this thread.

Old
03-07-2013, 08:07 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
It's telling that you guys are once again examining single goals, more or less in a vacuum, and then absolving Bryz of blame by pinning them on the defense...while ignoring his total body of work for the season which is increasingly mediocre, bordering on downright disappointing.

JXC, the reason people are annoyed with Bryz on goals like that is he just rarely ever stops them. At this point he is easily the worst starting goalie in the league when it comes to stopping any form of breakaway or goalie vs shooter situation. People aren't pissed about it happening once or twice, it's a ****ing endemic with the guy, going back to last season. If the team in front of Bryz makes a mistake, it's basically a goal against because he's nearly incapable of bailing them out on most nights. Just about every other goalie in his pay range can stop those more than Bryz. We watch it happen against our offense all the damned time.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 03-07-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old
03-07-2013, 08:19 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin View Post
It's not going to make or break our season, but like you said it was a big game against a division rival and Bryz didn't show up. When you're making the type of money he does people expect more out of you. He's been playing mediocre at best for the last 2 weeks. People deserve to criticize him right now.

Closed Thread